Categories > Anime/Manga > Yu-Gi-Oh!

Could They Really Hate Me?

by Dustbunny3 1 review

[One-shot] Anzu muses over what Haga said to her on the train. Not really drama; there's no "general" option

Category: Yu-Gi-Oh! - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Tea Gardner - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-09-07 - Updated: 2006-09-07 - 515 words - Complete

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I'm sure you could figure it out on your own, but Dustbunny doesn't own YGO!

A/N: I'm sick of fics that have Anzu talking for hours (literally, in some of these) about friendship or whatever, but don't involve Yugi, Jounouchi or Atemu mentioning the Heart of the Cards even once. That is utter garbage. In any case, please read and enjoy. Oh, and let me know if I screwed up the actual events of canon. It's been awhile...

.1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8.9.1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8.9.

"People will hate you if you talk like that."

Just what did he mean? If I "talk like that"? I keep going over what I said to him. I spoke of honor, of trust, of fair play. I may have dropped friendship into it. What's to hate about that?

"People will hate you if you talk like that."

It was the same sort of thing the pharaoh might say, the same thing anyone in our group might say, really. Everyone loves the pharaoh, looks up to him. Why should anyone hate me for it? I was only trying to get through to Haga, to show him his actions for what they were. Maybe I hoped to show the pharaoh that he was better than that, above tricks and lies, an honorable and soulful duelist.

"You shouldn't be so proud just because you're cute."

And just what was that line about being proud because I'm cute? I've had admirers; I don't think it's vain to say that I find myself to be pretty. But what does that have to do with what I was saying? He made it seem like it was all about looks or something. That's not it at all, though, it has nothing to do with anything. And then that creep just turned back to the duel with no explanation!

"People will hate you if you talk like that."

He was trying to throw me off, I'm sure. He was tired of listening to me speak. I know the subject can bore people. But if they get the chance to talk on behalf of themselves or their purpose or way of doing things, then I have the same right. He didn't like that I realized it. So he said what he did to "turn me off," I'm sure. But still...

"People will hate you if you talk like that."

... I can't help but wonder...

"People will hate you if you talk like that."

Because I talk about honor, trust, friendship, spirit, believing in yourself...

"People will hate you if you talk like that."

... even though Yugi and the pharaoh and Jounouchi do the same and are praised...

"People will hate you if you talk like that."

... could I really be hated?

.9.8.7.6.5.4.3.2.1.9.8.7.6.5.4.3.2.1.

Hope that didn't come off too badly. Please leave me a review or send me an email if you noticed any mistakes I need to correct. If you review, please include your favorite and least favorite aspect of the fic and anything that you feel needs worked on. If you flame, please do it literately so I knw what I'm laughing at
Sign up to rate and review this story