Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > big dreams and forbidden love

meeting the band

by thexrealxme 1 review

AN ANDY STORY! why? because we needed one... megan lands the best internship she can ask for when she goes on tour with fall out boy. number one rule - no relationships with the band you're work...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Romance - Published: 2006-09-07 - Updated: 2006-09-08 - 1165 words

0Illiterate
whoa! i can't believe i'm going on tour with fall out boy.

Megan kept telling herself over and over and over again that this was real, but it still seemed like a dream. it seemed like a year of schooling for show production and touring would NEVER pay off, until she landed this internship and now she gets to be the assistant to fall out boys tour manager. holy shit! FALL OUT BOY! and she was leaving tomorrow.
she packed only 2 suitcases since there wouldnt be much room. she knew she would fit in with band members on tour because she dont mind wearing the same clothes over, and she dont mind going a few days without showering. she was comfortable with who she was and she didnt need to get dolled up to impress people. although she never saw it, or even cared about it ... megan had beauty and style that most people would kill for.

the next day...
6:00am. eeeeerrrrrrrrrgh its soo early!! she pause and sat up really fast wait!! i go on tour, for 8 weeks, with fall out boy today! she jumped up as soon as possible. okay, one hour until i have to be at the studio. she wore dramatic eye makeup and always looked amazing, although it only took her about 20 minutes to get ready -- another thing she prided herself in.

she grabbed her suitcases and her keys and headed to the door. before stepping out of the house, she turned to the full length mirror in the hall to examine herself ... something she rarely ever does. she had on her skinny jeans and flats, a band t-shirt, and a beaded necklace and hemp braclets. her long, black hair was up in a messy ponytail and complete with a head scarf. she never thought of herself as pretty, or ugly. she never really thought of herself at all... she just went. so instead of tugging at her clothes or her hair -- she went. ready and excited.

Megan pulled up to the studio and was in shock by the tourbus that was parked in front of it... people loading it up and getting it ready to go. no one she recognized though, she looked for Bob, the manager and found him standing in front of the doors, giving a guy directions and she nervously went to introduce herself.

"hi-- my name is megan. i'll be your assistant on the tour."

he turned and smiled at her and her nerves went away. "hello megan! are you sure you're ready for what will be going on the next 8 weeks?"

"ummm... at this point i'm up for anything that gets me out of the house"

he laughed and took her inside the bus to give her a tour around and fill her in on what was expected and some of the basic rules... letting her know that he'd fill her in on the actual managing work as they went along. number one rule = noo emotional involvment with the band you're working with. she didnt think she'd have a problem with it... she was never a relationship kind of person. she had always been 'one of the guys'... not 'attracted to one of the guys'. its always been like that.

the band started arriving about 10 minutes after she got settled in. joe came first with patrick. Megan was introduced to both of them and they were welcoming and friendly.

"megan, did you pick your bunk?" patrick asked her, after noticing that only his, joes, and bob's bunks were picked.

"ugh no. i thought i'd pick last because i didnt want to pick anyone else's bunk if they are used to that particular one"

patrick laughed "well hear... you can pick this one - it belonged to our last merch guy, but he won't be with us this time"

"oooh thank you so much i was actually kind worried chosing a bunk. i should be good from here on out."

she liked patrick the most so far, they both shared that same, dry humor and she could tell that he was definitely going to be the brother figure to her... the one she got along with the most. joe grabbed his nintendo ds and headed back to his bunk and began to play.

megan and patrick took a seat at the table.
patrick laughed at joe "well... he's starting early. thats pretty much all we do on this bus, play video games. we're self-proclamed nerds."

megan smiled "haha... well i guess im pretty awesome then cause i completely suck at any video game i try. i've given up."
they sat and talked for about 5 minutes before pete wentz graced them with his infamous presence. megan kinda sighed and leaned back in her chair. she wasnt too thrilled about meeting pete. she found him rather annoying in the media and seh didnt like 'show offy' guys. she decided to pick herself up after noticing her slump and act as friendly as possibly... she didnt want any bad tension on her first day of meeting the band.

"pete, this is megan... she'll be helping out bob" patrick said to him.

pete turned to megan "god damn you are beautiful" he said with a very big smile.

megan scrunched her face out of mild disgust by his arogance and snapped "yeah well i dont really think i need to tell YOU that YOU'RE beautiful."

patrick laughed at her wit, but pete just shrugged and turned to get his stuff into his bunk.
megan heard another voice coming onto the bus, she looked passed the wall and her heart stopped. oh my god. andy... i forgot about andy. andy was megans secret celebrity crush... which had somehow managed to slip her mind. just by seeing them interviewed, she was so attracted to him. they were both vegetarian, unique, intelligent, and he had tattoos to die for. he walked to the back of the bus where patrick and megan were sitting and his face lit up when he saw megan.

he stuck out his hand "hello there. i'm andy... are you coming on tour with us?"

megan smiled and took it into hers "yes... i'm megan and im interning with bob. its nice to meet you"

her dry humor was no longer apparent and her voice was soft a weak. patrick stared at both of them while they stared at eachother, still with their hands together. patrick giggled - breaking them out of the trance. megan blushed. whats wrong with me... i never blush!
megan turned her attention slyly back to patrick, joking around with him and asking him questions about touring. she kept glancing over at andy, who was putting some things in his bunk and tried repeating back to herself what bob had told her less than an hour earlier.

the bus started to move and they were on their way...
she knew this wasnt going to be easy.

*********************
a/n: love it? hate it? want more? let me know!! :)
Sign up to rate and review this story