Categories > Anime/Manga > Weiss Kreuz

Written On the Air

by YasminM 2 reviews

Weiss Kreuz/Death Note crossover, written for the deathnote100 community's crossover challenge.

Category: Weiss Kreuz - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst, Crossover - Characters:  Ken, Omi, Youji, Ran - Warnings: [!!] [?] - Published: 2005-05-03 - Updated: 2005-05-03 - 443 words - Complete

5Insightful
Disclaimer: Weiss Kreuz and Death Note do not belong to me.
Notes: The ending of the first drabble may make more sense if you remember the third part of rule number 5. Each section contains 100 words.



I. Blood

The first name was inscribed in red ink.

Takatori Reiji

The second in graphite, written behind the hothouse lilies.

Takatori Hirofumi

He hesitated over the third, at Aya-chan's bedside.

"Can you bring my sister back?" he asked, when the Shinigami appeared.

"You humans are interesting," said the Shinigami. When it laughed, flecks of spittle flew everywhere. Some landed on Aya-chan's cheek, like tears.

Aya closed his eyes and thought of dead bodies on a polished floor. He wrote:

Takatori Masafumi

"I have four other people I need to kill," he said. "How do I know their names?"

The Shinigami cackled.


II. Tears

It was an accident of fate, like everything else in Ken's life.

He didn't want to, but Sister Ruth was dead and her killer was still out there, free to hurt even more innocents. It was easy enough to break into her church and look through her belongings, to find Farfarello's real name.

Ken prayed that Sister Ruth would forgive him. /And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us/. Maybe Sister Ruth could talk God out of meting justice, and she and Jei were in Heaven together now.

God wouldn't be so merciful towards /him/.


III. Sweat

Omi was a well-trained assassin. He was intelligent, he was accurate, and his conviction wavered but never broke. The only reason he'd ever started using the Death Note was because sometimes the other side was /better/.

Even then, he probably wouldn't if the other three weren't badly injured.

That's what he told the Shinigami, who grinned and asked for an apple. It was just like having a pet. No one commented on Omi's sudden hoard of apples.

He always made sure to write only the names of those they were assigned to hunt. Anything outside mission parameters would be murder.


IV. Bile

Friday night, Saturday morning...

How did the song go, again? Youji was drunk enough to care, and lonely enough to want someone who knew the words. Hadn't he fucked two women tonight? He couldn't remember.

Youji swore when he stubbed his toe -- that damned book. He kicked it under his bed and crashed on the mattress. He didn't want to sleep, didn't want to feel fingers around his throat, didn't want to feel his fingers around her throat.

Why kill someone else? He'd done more than enough of that shit, and the only person he wanted dead was himself.


END
Sign up to rate and review this story