Categories > Anime/Manga > Attack on Titan > |Those Ocean Eyes| -A Captain Levi X Reader Fanfiction

Chapter Two

by WritersRioting 0 reviews

His eyes were like the silver skies of stormy seas and you were his willing victim. Struggling to keep your head above the waves and drowning in his gaze; while the world goes to hell around you. Y...

Category: Attack on Titan - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2017-07-15 - Updated: 2017-07-15 - 2256 words

1Exciting
"Who does he think I am? Making me a damn assistant when I can't even salute properly with my stupid goddamn broken arm," you mutter angrily to yourself just above a whisper.

You pass several rooms before stopping at one isolated further away from the others. The wood of the door appears like it had just been given a new coat of varnish and the doorknob seems to have been polished so thoroughly you can see your reflection in it.

You tidy up your appearance - brushing stray hairs back on your head, picking off any stray lint on your clothes and checking your teeth in the reflective doorknob, just in case.

You inhale a shaky breath and knock firmly on the pristine door.

There's no answer but you knock again, making sure to be louder.

"Excuse me, Captain? It's (First name) (Last name), Sir."

Once again there is no answer and you grind your teeth in displeasure.

You dig your fingernails into the palm of your hand before running your hand over your face and massaging your temples to rid yourself of a terrible headache that has formed.

No longer able to control your frustration, you slam your foot into the door with unintentionally strong force.

You let the heel of your boots slam into the wood over and over with each word you spit out, "Commander makes me Captain's assistant and he doesn't even bother to show up to greet me, huh? If I have to go through this torture he could at least.."

You stop your foot in mid-air when you feel a warm breath on the back of your neck.

"What in hell's name are you doing?" A husky voice barks from behind you.

You spin around with a bright red flushed face and eyes the size of dinner-plates to look down at the intimidatingly beautiful silver eyes of Captain Levi. His charcoal black hair is parted just off center and he wears the same harsh expressionless face as always. Perhaps he looks a tad more worn-out than he usually does. His undereye bags are more prominent as if he hasn't slept well in a few days.

"I-I'm so sorry, Sir! I was just having a hard time-" You stutter and trip over your words.

He cuts you off and slips his key into the keyhole on the door, "Idiot."

You obediently follow him into his office. The cozy space is the literal definition of cleanliness. The floors appear to have been swept and shined, everything seems to be in its perfect place, and you can't seem to see a single speck of dust or debris on anything. You knew the Captain was a clean freak, but you didn't know it was this extreme.

Captain Levi loosens the white cravat around his neck and slips off his black jacket. He hangs up the piece of clothing on the back of the door and undoes a few buttons on his white undershirt, exposing his toned bare chest.

You stand there awkwardly averting your eyes from the enjoyable but inappropriate sight of your Captain and debate whether or not the dirt on the bottom of your boots will send him into a mess-induced rage.

He swiftly throws something at your face and you almost trip over yourself to catch it in the hand that is not bound by a sling.

"You have absolutely fucking atrocious reflexes for being a soldier," Levi remarks and steps around you to throw out a piece of string he found stuck to his shirt.

You ignore the brutal comment and walk away from him into the center of the room. You turn over the object in your hand. You find it to be a golden key. It looked like the master keys that all your superiors and the high-ups carried around.

But it couldn't be, could it?

"Sir is this a-"

"Did you bring my tea?" He interrupts.

"What? Oh. No, I wasn't aware that I-"

"Then why are you still here, brat?" He intercepts once more, and it becomes strikingly obvious that he's doing it on purpose.

You're getting increasingly irritated at this point and now you know why everyone finds it so intimidating to be around this guy.

"With all due respect Captain-"

He's sitting down in his desk chair beside you now and digging through his drawers, "If you can't follow simple orders (Last name), then go back to sitting on your ass doing nothing productive."

You exhale sharply and restrain your own fist from punching his pretty boy face.

"I understand, Sir. I'll be right back with your tea," you make a successful attempt to keep your voice as polite as possible. Even though he doesn't show an ounce of politeness in any of his words.

You exit the room as fast as your legs can take you without outright running.

You walk and walk until you reach the dining hall which just so happens to be inconveniently on the other side of the building, and the people who usually wave at you when you see them in the corridors shy away from your furious expression.

You throw open the door to the kitchen and almost run into a busy looking staff member. The woman has deep-set laugh lines and wrinkles around her eyes. Her white streaked hair flys out in every direction despite being under a hair net.

You apologize to the flustered lady and begin to bitterly search through every pantry and cupboard looking for tea and a teapot.

The old woman presents you a knowing smile and grabs a silver teapot, some teabags, a teacup with stunning silver etching, and a matching metallic platter down from a cupboard.

She says in a kind and compassionate tone, "He likes Earl Grey best, dear. Milk always and sugar sometimes. Depends on the day."

"Thank you so much!" You say wholeheartedly, "How did you know that I was here for that?"

"Oh, sweetie I've been working around here so long that I've seen Captain Levi's assistants come and go, and they all run in here for the first time with the same look on your face that you have. So, don't fret dear. It does get easier."

You are in a hurry so you blurt out with a laugh, "I don't know about that. Thanks again for the help though."

You pour boiling water into the teapot and steep a few tea bags in the liquid. When the tea turns a good enough color you pour the teacup full to the brim and top it off with a spoonful of milk. You had a feeling he wouldn't want sugar today. You pick up the platter with one hand and support it the best you can with your opposite bandaged arm.

It's much more difficult than you had anticipated and you tip the platter a little too far in one direction, causing a splash of the tea to spill onto your freshly cleaned gray shirt.

"Crap," You mumble under your breath. You have no time to slow down or think too hard about it though, or you might face the wrath of your boss. So you hurry out the kitchen door, pushing it open with your back.

"Careful with him dear! He's an unknowing heartbreaker for certain, that Ackerman boy is," She calls after you but you barely catch anything she says as you cautiously ascend the first set of stairs winding up to Captain Levi's frighteningly clean office.

-              -

You almost fall onto the hardwood floor of the Captain's office when the door unexpectedly swings open as you are about to carefully turn the doorknob while still balancing the tea platter against your hip.

Levi somehow manages to catch both you and the tea before you would have imminently face planted into the floor.

He holds you firmly against him with one arm wrapped around your waist and in the other, he holds the tea. You can imagine your face and the tips of your ears are about as red as a tomato right now and you can smell his musky scent of pine needles mixed with a subtle aromatic jasmine.

"Dumbass, you could have made an awful mess," He gingerly places the silver tea platter on the nearest table and promptly lets go of you, now that the immediate threat of a sticky mess was successfully taken care of.

You didn't expect the sudden movement, and you go from supporting all your body weight against the raven-haired Captain to stumbling onto your knees to the floor. You can feel your bruised body ache and shutter from the impact.

Levi ignores your obvious distress and plops into his chair to sign paperwork at his desk while sipping the tea you made him in one of the oddest ways you've ever seen. He never spoons any sugar into it, just as you suspected.

You dust off the knees of your pants which, of course, don't even appear to have any dirt on them from the clean floor.

"Hey idiot, do you think you could manage to fill out the dates on this pile of paperwork?" He grunts; not bothering to make eye contact with you.

"Yes, Sir." You murmur, defeat dripping from your once bitter words. You pull a chair up to the desk across from him and begin to fill out his papers one after the other.

He keeps glancing up at you from over the rim of his teacup and you start to wonder if the chair being moved out of its place in the room was triggering him somehow.

Some time passes before he speaks up and breaks the uncomfortable silence in the room.

"Take your shirt off." He demands after staring at you with his memorizing eyes another time.

You audibly gasp out loud and your mouth falls open in shock.

"What?" You cough and analyze his stone cold features.

"Are you deaf? Take your shirt off." Levi reiterates and rolls his storm cloud colored eyes.

You twiddle your fingers in your lap and stare dumbfoundedly at your feet, "I don't understand, Sir. Why would you want me to-"

"Oh get over yourself. There is a terrible stain on your shirt and it's distracting me. It's not for my own self-pleasure," He scoffs and prowls over to his closet, pulling out the collared gray button-up shirt that you recognize from his Survey Corps uniform and tossing it at you.

You stand up and turn around to face away from your Captain, mostly to prevent him from seeing as little of your undergarments as you can manage. You mentally curse Commander Erwin for putting you through this torture. He must have known what Levi was like and subjected you to this awful encounter anyways. Can't he handle looking at a damn stain on someone else's clothes? How does he even function in day to day life?

You pull the soiled garment over your head and then try to carefully maneuver Levi's dress shirt around your injured arm, which is much harder than it looks. 

 You button up the front of the shirt and smooth out any wrinkles. The fabric is silky and smells strongly of the man who it often adorns. It's very warm, almost like it has just finished drying in the sun. You can't help but hug yourself while wearing it. The clothing item fits you nicely for the most part, despite being a little baggy.  


You turn back around with your new spotless outfit and find Levi to be pouring himself another cup of tea. 

His eyes scan you from head to toe before simply stating, "I guess you look decent enough now."

Wow, he sure knows how to make a girl feel special.  

He never mentions anything about the incident for the rest of the night. He instead tells you to return to your effort of filling out endless piles of boring paperwork, and you gladly oblige.

A few times throughout the afternoon and night Levi tells you to bring both you and him things to eat from the dining hall, and you enjoy some awkward meals of soup and bread together. You clean up each and every one of the crumbs you drop and miraculously, Levi doesn't seem to make any mess with his meal at all.      

By the time the moon was high up in the sky and it was late into the night you noticed that Captain Levi had fallen asleep at his desk on top of a stack of papers.

He lays his head in his arms and his face looks much more peaceful and innocent than when he's awake. His handsome features are illuminated by the bright moonlight coming through a window. He sure is painfully good looking - there's no doubt about it. 

You decide to let him sleep and get the rest your certain he needs, so you grab the stained shirt you had discarded and tiptoe out of the office to return to your own room, making sure to blow out the lantern that was lighting up the space.

You're glad that it's very late and that no one would be hanging around the corridors at this time. To anyone else observing you sneaking out of the Captain's office so late at night while wearing his shirt and carrying your other garments, it might appear like you were doing a lot more than assisting the Captain with his paperwork. The rumors that would come out of that would be mortifying.
Sign up to rate and review this story