Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Primis

Chapter 7

by Spyash2 0 reviews

Naruto, Helen, Deneve, Clare and the Keeper go to Rabona.

Category: Naruto - Rating: G - Genres: Crossover - Characters: Naruto - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2017-07-16 - 6109 words

0Unrated
Naruto looked Dempsey over. "How the hell did you end up as a ghost? And where is Takeo, Nikolai and Richtofen? Weren't they with you?"

"You're not the same Naruto we've come to know." Helen said, prompting Naruto, Dempsey and the Keeper to look at her. Naruto gave her a confused look. "What did you do to him?" she demanded, with a fierce look.

"I didn't do anything. Just because I act differently doesn't mean I'm not the same person."

"Bullshit!" Helen spat with a glare. "The Naruto I know was never this crass or aggressive."

"But the Naruto I know is." Dempsey said and Naruto nodded with a smirk. Then the ghost remembered what Naruto had said minutes before. "115-induced illusions. You're not really the kid I knew back then are you? You're just the memory and personality of him."

Still smirking Naruto nodded in confirmation again. "Got it in one, American." he looked at Helen and gave her a kind smile. "I'm still here. A little freaked out but still here. I take it you have many questions 'Tank'?" he asked as he looked back to the ghost in question.

The man slowly nodded and everyone else listened with rapt attention. "What happened? Takeo, Nikolai, myself and Richtofen tried to find you after the final battle, but it was like you just vanished from the face of the Earth. There was no body or anything."

Taking a deep breath Naruto said to Tank in a questioning tone, "Would you believe me if I said the Naruto you knew was thrown through time?"

"What!?" exclaimed Dempsey, along with several others who were just as in disbelief as Dempsey was. The only one who didn't seem surprised was the Keeper who was stroking its chin with its clawed hand.

"Yeah." Naruto gazed up at the ceiling. "From what his memories are showing me he was fighting zombies."

"There was too many of them. I remember." the ghost said solemnly. "And then there was a bright light. I didn't think too much of it at the time since we were still fighting off the undead." he added on as an afterthought.

"Right. There was a bright light. The next thing I see, he was in a completely different place. By himself. Or so I- no, he thought." to the confusion of Helen, Deneve, Cynthia, Yuma, Tabitha, Clare and Miria, and Jean and Flora, Naruto stared pointedly at them.

It was Miria who first deduced what happened next. Jean and Clare came second and third with the others following shortly after.

"He met one of us?" the hybrids exchanged uncertain looks with each other. That can't be right. As far as any of them knew they never ran into Naruto a month prior.

Thankfully Naruto was able to clear it up. "Not exactly. The person had the same coloured eyes and hair as you. But it was actually a he instead of a she."

That revelation had not surprised any of them. After Pieta, where they had to fight several male awakened all of them had suspected a forgotten generation. One where the results were less than satisfactory and was so bad it had to be wiped from the Organizations history books to say the least.

"Excuse me." Cynthia politely called out while waving her hand in the air; with Naruto's attention on her she asked, "How long ago was this?"

Naruto rubbed his chin in deep thought. It was such a long time ago; but if he had to make an assumption then it would have to be...

"Four hundred years ago. I think?" he answered; he looked a little unsure of his answer however and everyone was able to pick up on it.

"You think?" Tabitha questioned with an arched brow.

"Give me a break Tabitha. I'm currently sharing the memory and personality of another Naruto. You have no idea how annoying it is trying to sort through another fucking memory and personality that are fucking bleeding into mine! And it's realLLY HARD TELLING WHAT IS REAL AND WHAT ISN'T! Argh, I'm okay! I'm okay." Naruto said, starting off calm at the beginning that escalated to being both annoyed and angry at the middle, before calming right back down again at the end.

"Is trying to keep yourself level headed with another personality that hard?" Dempsey questioned.

"You have no fucking idea." Naruto growled, he looked at his hand and clenched and unclenched it repeatedly. "It's like trying to mix two recipes that don't work well together. And I've been here for a long time. No! Grrr! He's been here! Not me! Him!" growling in frustration Naruto grabbed the sides of his head and held them there, adding pressure as if it would force the confusion he was having away.

"Naruto..." rightfully worried Helen reached out to him; and like before she would have gone over there if it weren't for Deneve holding her back.

The young man held up his hand. "I'm fine! I'm fine." he breathed. "I just...need to concentrate. Breathe, Naruto! Focus on the present. Separate his memories from yours." seeing how stressed, confused and frustrated he was getting no one, even Miria who wanted to know more, had argued with him.

"Alright, I think I can go on now." Naruto said after he calmed down.

"Maybe we shouldn't." Flora said with a few others nodding along with her.

"I think 'Tank' would want some closure on what happened to me, right?" he said, directing the question to the spectre in question.

"Yeah. Actually. I do want to know." the man admitted; he rubbed the back of his neck adding, "I sure as hell know Takeo, Nikolai and Richtofen wants to know. If what I remember still rings true Richtofen kept on looking for you. Said not even death itself would stop him." he chuckled. "I think he's still out there somewhere. Aimlessly wandering the land as a ghost looking for you."

"I wouldn't put it past him." chuckled Naruto. Inhaling and exhaling he closed his eyes to focus again, "Alright. Let's see what happened to him...Okay. Looks like I – he went to a city that was getting its walls built to keep out monsters. Ra-bo-na, I think it was called? Yeah it was definitely Rabona."

"Rabona?" Clare spoke up, surprised, she had been there to kill a particularly strong yoma that had lived for a surprising amount of time. "I know that place. Do you know why this...other version of you went there?"

"I'm working on it. Sorting through these 115-induced illusions is straining." Naruto replied without opening his eyes. "Okay, got it! He was there because... Oh..." the way he sounded like was as if he found something really disturbing and was really reluctant to share it.

"Oh? That's a bad 'Oh'. What happened? Dempsey asked.

Naruto opened his eyes and gave the ghost a slightly wide eyed look, "'Tank', Naruto went over there because he heard a rumour that a research facility was underneath the city."

"A...research facility?" Miria knew the Organization had many bases throughout the land that acted as research facilities. She could never find the documents that had information on their location though. The handlers and leaders of the Organization were the only ones who were allowed to see them.

"Yeah, a research facility." he affirmed while looking at her before bringing his gaze back to Dempsey. He dampened his bottom lip in nervousness; he knew the man wasn't going to take what he is going to say next very well. "He found it underneath a Cathedral and went in. He went in and never came out."

"No..." Dempsey breathed out, he took a few steps back with a look of complete devastation on his face. "No no no no. No it can't be. The kid's tough. Resourceful. He wouldn't go and die like that." the ghost said completely denying the reality that was in front of him.

Seeing how distraught the ghost was Naruto wanted to reassure him. To make him feel better. The thing is though he has no idea on where to even begin. Naruto winced as he held the side of his head again, closing his eyes as he tried to focus on anything else but the illusion.

Then he snapped open his eyes and looked at the Keeper who was still holding the shard of Element 115 in its hand.

"Keeper." with the other worldly beings attention solely on him Naruto asked. "Is it possible for you to get me directly into Rabona?"

"It is possible, yes." confirmed the Keeper. "But given their superstition towards those who are not 'normal' they will try to kill me on sight. And you too by association."

"The way you're dressed makes you stand out Naruto. You won't go unnoticed by the soldiers there." Clare added, Sid and Galk had suspected her of being a hybrid within a few days of infiltrating the holy city.

"The human said the research facility is underneath the Cathedral. He will not be discovered if he is down there." the Keeper pointed out.

"That is if you can get me there. Or as close as you possibly can." Naruto said.

Sighing Dempsey crossed his arms with an unhappy scowl. "You're going to go there aren't you? That's why you're asking the Keeper if it's able to get you there." when Naruto nodded confirmedly Dempsey sighed again and shook his head. "As much as I want to go I won't be of much help to you. If anything I would be a liability." closing his eyes as he let out yet another sigh Dempsey uncrossed his arms and asked Naruto as he looked at him, "So who is going with you?"

"I was planning on doing this alone." Naruto admitted.

"Yeah. No. You're not doing that." Helen shrugged Deneve's hand off her shoulder and walked over to Naruto where she then put her arm over his shoulder. "The only way you're going there is if someone's with you."

The Keeper was insulted even if it is unable to expression it through expressions. "What is that metaphor you humans used to have? Ah. I believe it was 'What am I chopped liver'? He will not be alone. I will be with him." The Keeper said as Helen and Naruto looked at it. Naruto sent a nod of gratitude its way and the Keeper inclined its head in return.

Helen however didn't look convinced. "I don't care how powerful your kind is said to be – you're just one person, being, whatever you are. You won't be able to protect Naruto by yourself." she shot back, getting up in its face and pressing a single digit roughly on to its torso.

The Keeper growled in irritation at the sheer audacity of the rude woman. But instead of lashing out, as much as it wanted too, the alien floated away from her and placed the dangerous rock inside of its satchel.

"Helen! Enough!" Miria barked when she saw the woman about to go after it. She knew the stories. She knew enough about Primis and their allies the Keepers; and with what little was said about the Keepers from ancient texts and through word of mouth they are powerful. She just didn't know how powerful. When she was cowed Miria continued, "I understand you're worried about him and I do get your point. If the Keeper is going to be with Naruto when he is...investigating this facility...then he will be fine. However! It wouldn't hurt if he had someone else with him."

"Which is why I'm going as well. And nothing you say will change my mind, so don't bother!" Helen said when Naruto opened his mouth to argue.

"Heh. You're so whipped kid." Dempsey sniggered, and Naruto gave him the finger in response.

"Well if Helen's going with you, then I'm going too." Deneve said as she walked over to both him and Helen.

"I'm going as well. I've been to Rabona once and I have been inside of the Cathedral itself." Clare said.

"Alright." conceded Naruto sighingly; he knew he wasn't going to convince either of them to back out now that they have committed themselves into going with him. And besides, three is better than one. Naruto looked at the Keeper to address it, "Do you know where Rabona is?"

"Yes." despite not being around for more than a month the Keeper, along with several others did keep tabs on this dimension. It's just not as often as they should so a lot of things are left unknown to then.

Just like how the Keeper did not bring up the other Naruto's that busted him out of the Organizations clutches two months ago; because it wasn't keeping tabs on the dimension at that specific time.

"Please take us there." Naruto politely requested it.

"Very well. Stand together everyone. I'd rather not have to come back and collect you because you were too far away from each other." the Keeper said and one Helen, Deneve, Clare and Naruto were all close together the Keeper held out its hands. And then without any warning the four were gone.

After several long seconds that seemed to go on forever Dempsey looked at Miria and the others and crossed his arms as he regarded them.

"So...I guess you have some questions for me?" he said and that was when Miria who remembered why she came here in the first place got a glint in her eye as she looked back at the spectre.

A glint for knowledge.

X.X.X.X

Rabona minutes later.

When they reappeared Naruto, Helen and Deneve and Clare all took in their new surroundings. At the same time the Keeper floated off to the side to get a lay of the land. Clare reminisced about the first time she was here and subconsciously held her abdomen.

Helen was looking at the stained windows with admiration. The size of them boggled her mind. Not to mention the detail put into the craftsmanship had really gotten her attention. Deneve on the other hand was more focused on the mission and was currently trying to find a way to get inside of the facility since it is underneath the Cathedral.

Standing idle momentarily Naruto closed his eyes and tapped his foot against the floor in thought. He had to think; he knows there is a way to get underground. The entrance to the base, facility, what ever it would be called is nearby hidden in plain sight.

It was at this moment that Naruto felt something; a pull or was it another illusion conducted by 115? Opening his eyes the young man looked around in suspicion and followed it the pulling sensation. He was led to a wall and he saw something was off about it. There was an brick was out of place.

The other bricks that made the entire structure was bigger in size and much, much wider. This one on the other hand was smaller. About the size you would commonly find on a brick wall. How no one noticed that little detail for so long baffled him. Looking left and then right Naruto clenched his hand and pressed it up against the brick, and pushed with all his might.

The brick resisted for a few moments before giving way. It wasn't long until Naruto heard the faint sound of a 'click' followed by the heavy noise of a floor giving way and sink.

"Whoa! What the heck!" Helen yelped out in surprise and she was even more surprised to find the floor in between the isle and alter sink down into an circular stairway.

"This is new." Deneve said with wide eyes as she, Helen and Clare all cautiously walked over to the edge and peered down the staircase.

"And loud. It would be a matter of time before someone comes to investigate." Clare pointed out to the two of them.

"All the more for us to get down there." the three women all looked at Naruto as he walked over to them, and as he unslung his Commando assault rifle, the young man didn't hesitate in walking down the staircase with his weapon held up and ready to fire.

The Keeper teleported itself in front of the staircase and floated down after him. Its hands making circular motions around the orb of electricity floating between them. Helen, Deneve and Clare exchanged looks before following in after them with their hands on the hilts of their claymores.

It took them almost five minutes to get to the bottom of the stairwell and when Clare was the last to touch solid floor the five of them all turned back when the stairway began to rise up to the ceiling. Effectively trapping them underneath the foundation of the building.

Thankfully they were able to see thanks to the glowing orb of electricity the Keeper had floating in the middle of its hands.

Who knew it could be used as a light source?

"This place is creepy." Helen said with disdain in her voice.

"I agree. This place gives off a creepy atmosphere." Deneve stated as her silver eyes cautiously took in their new surroundings.

"Torch holders?" Clare uttered aloud as she looked at said torch holders with a thoughtful frown.

"I wouldn't touch anything if I were you." Naruto warned the bob-cut woman, "Who knows what is booby trapped here."

"You honestly think the builders would booby trap torch holders?" Helen questioned with amusement lathed in her voice.

"You would be surprised at what lengths people would go to keep things in. Or to keep grave robbers out."

"You sound as if you're talking from personal experience." Clare said.

"I'm still under the influence of 115-included illusions Clare. Don't be surprised if I am sounding as if I am talking from personal experience." he sighed and slid by Helen and Deneve to get himself started on moving down the narrow corridor. Only to stop when three rows of spikes shot of the floor in front of him one after the other.

Startled Naruto let out a yell and Helen was quick to yank him out of danger, he looked back at her and said in gratitude, "Thank you, Helen."

"You're welcome." she looked ahead of her and narrowed her eyes dangerously. "Guess you weren't kidding about the traps." Helen looked down at the ground with squinting eyes and saw three rows of holes in the floor. She didn't see anything that could have triggered the trap though; "We're going to have to watch our step from now on."

As she said that the spikes shot up from the ground again, and like before it was one row after the other Deneve and Clare walked over until they were standing side by side with Naruto and Helen. They watched and timed how long it takes for the spikes to come up again after going down.

"Ten seconds." Deneve said.

"Yeah. And there is a three second gap from the other spikes coming up and down too." Helen added analytically.

Clare squinted her eyes as she looked at the floor. The light emitting from the Keeper's orb isn't enough to illuminate the area. "I'm not too sure about this, but there may be a gap between the rows that are big enough for a person to stand." she pointed out to them and sure enough once they focused their attention to the ground Helen, Deneve and Naruto all could see the gap Clare was talking about.

Naruto sighed rolled his shoulders in preparation for what was to come next, "We're not going to find out what happened to the other me by standing here. I'll go first."

"What!? No! Why should you go first?" Helen demanded going as far as to grab Naruto by the shoulder to prevent him from going through the trap.

"I have the range in the form of my assault rifle and bow. I also have close quarters with the use of my sword." Naruto explained to her with a sigh. He turned to look halfway over his shoulder at Helen as he added, "I am the best person for this. This corridor is too tight and narrow for your techniques to be effective. And I don't want to have the entire cathedral to collapse on top of our heads because you accidentally, cut down the support keeping the ceiling from falling down on us."

Helen narrowed her eyes and leaned down until she was face to face with him effectively pressing her bosom against his back. Naruto blinked at Helen a few times in confusion, glanced towards the spike trap with uncertainty before he awkwardly leaned away from her.

"Are you saying we're a liability?" Helen asked him with a flat, unamused stare and the tone to match it. Deneve and Clare stared, bemused at how Helen was acting towards the young man. But they kept silent as they were wondering what he is going to say to get out of it.

"What? No!" Naruto exclaimed with bewilderment. "It's just...you're strong. You're all strong. And with how narrow this corridor is, all it takes is one stray attack with your claymore's and everything will potentially go to hell on us." he even saw Jean's drill sword cut through thick stone several times and even more women cutting down entire trees with but a single slash. With them having enough force like that, putting them in a concealed space like this is a disaster waiting to happen. And he wants to avoid that.

Helen could see the truth in that and as if a switch and been flicked, the short haired woman grinned and surprised the heck out of him by giving him a light peck on the lips. Then she did something that no one had expected and shoved him forward when the first row of spikes went back down in the ground.

"Craaaahhhhhaaaaap!" Not really having enough time to react Naruto followed his instinct and ran through the trap. It was perfectly timed too. Each row of spikes retracted into the ground with every row he passed. And when he made it past the third and final one he was surprised again when the torch holders were suddenly lit on fire with no warning.

Hissing as his eyes were assaulted by the flames brightness Naruto shielded them until they were able to adjust to the light. As creeped out as he was by the fire suddenly appear, something good came out of it: he can see now.

Clare made her way through the spike trap. Followed by Deneve and lastly Helen, with the latter sheepishly rubbing the back of her head at the unamused look her best friend and Naruto were sending her. Clare looked like she didn't care, though the irritated twitch of her left brow showed how she really felt at Helen's action.

The Keeper merely teleported past the trap and floated behind Naruto protectively. It was hissing at Helen, clearly unamused at the stunt she just pulled.

"...C'mon guys, it was a joke..." she weakly defended herself.

The Keeper growled as it stopped weaving its hands around the orb of electricity, "A joke that could have gotten him killed! And if he did die because of your stunt – I would have wiped your very existence off of the face of the Earth. I have the power to do so." to emphasise how serious it was, the Keeper flicked one of its hands and the trap, along with a part of the floor behind them ceased their existence. There was no flare, no theatrics or light shows, they just ceased to exist as if they were never there in the first place.

Gulping audibly a wide eyed and pale Helen nodded to show she understood. "Right! Don't do that again! Got it!"

After securing his assault rifle by allowing the sling hang from his shoulder, Naruto sighed as he put a single arm over her shoulders, he pulled Helen to him in a one armed hug and made sure to make it as uncomfortable as possible.

"N-Naruto that's a little rough." Helen told him with a weak smile.

"Oh I know. That's the point." Naruto then bared his teeth in irritation and put her in a headlock. "That's. The. Entire. POINT!" he yelled as he gave her scalp a rough noogie. He didn't do it for long; it was only a few seconds but when he pulled away it left Helen's hair ruffled and messy.

She didn't do anything in retaliation though since she actually deserved worse after shoving him through the trap. With that out of the way the five proceeded to go deeper into the corridor and kept a close eye on where they step while keeping an eye for more hidden traps. It helped that the torch holders would be lit up with flames every time they are passing them so it kept the corridor well lit. Because of this they were able to see more holes in the floor and on the walls; by surveying their surrounding closely they were also able to find a few pressure plates on the ground as well and were able to avoid stepping on them.

After what felt like an eternity the five reached the end of the corridor with the next area blocked by a seemingly ordinary round door made entirely of rock. Engraved on it was the symbol of a hand grabbing onto an atom. The numbers 935 could be seen.

"Wait...this feels...familiar?" Naruto breathed as he stepped up to it. This symbol, the numbers, it's nagging him for a reason he can't remember. It honestly irritated him.

As Naruto looked it over Deneve asked him, "You've seen this before?" the young man stopped and looked at the pixie-haired woman halfway over his shoulder, before shrugging with a look of uncertainty.

"I think so? And this isn't because of the illusions." he turned back to the door and stared it down with narrowed eyes, "This symbol. It's significant somehow. But the reason...it eludes me."

"Let's ask the Keeper." Clare said, before she and the other three turned to the being itself. Naruto had a curious, and interested look on his face as Clare asked, "Do you know what that is? What it means?"

"No. I don't. It is a mystery for me too." the Keeper said in an even tone and Naruto gave it a suspicious look. Naruto didn't know why but he had a distinct feeling that the Keeper was lying to them. But he wasn't going to call it out on that. It was after all just a hunch.

As he looked at the door again Naruto felt a presence enter his mind. Not a moment later he almost jumped out of surprise when he heard a voice coming from an elderly man he had not heard from in years.

"That would be the symbol for Group 935. An organization that is similar to the one those women you're with use to belong to." Doctor Monty said. "Ah ah ah! No talking. It's only you that can hear me Naruto. And I have to say, the years after we first met face to face have certainly been kind to you. Now. I suppose you have questions preterning to that symbol on the door hmm?"

Naruto didn't have to talk in order to convey what he wanted to say. The otherworldly being that is Doctor Monty knew the question the young man wanted to ask.

"Well. I suppose I should start from the beginning and work my way up: Group 935 was an organization that researched improvements for the human condition. Of course, they strayed from their original intent when war broke out. Twice. The first time was in the year 1914, that would be four thousand years ago from your point of view – and they found a cashe of Element One Fifteen. A substance found in meteor's that are so deadly it could reanimate dead blood cells, effectively bringing the dead to life. Sound familiar?" the way the disembodied voice said that was filled with sarcasm. "Anyway, from their mucking about with Element 115 got people sick – and because of that they died and came back as the living dead. Of course after they were practically getting their ass handed to them on all sides thanks to their fucking about, they were able to prevent a world wide apocalypse with the help of a group you would come to know as Primis."

That surprised the heck out of him; it was the first time he heard of Primis stopping the end of the world before they became the legendary team they're remembered for.

"Fast forward a few decades after the war and boom Group 935 were once again researching ways to help humanity. And with a little nudge by yours truly, I helped them create the perk machines like Quick Revive to help them in the event another zombie outbreak occurs. They surprisingly made a drink that could revitalise someone. Making them a few decades younger – permanently. Of course Primis drunk that particular drink and they went from being in their early forties to early to mid twenties. They quickly destroyed that perk machine though. Good thing too. The world would have been over populated if the populace knew there was a 'fountain of youth' drink out there." Monty let out an amused chuckle a that and after taking a moment to gather himself he continued.

"I poked them in the right direction to create powerful weapons. Oh-ho, the weapons they made back then would have blown your mind. I guided them to make a machine that could essentially 'upgrade' the effectiveness of weapons. Taking away all the faults and improving everything else." then Monty sighed in what sounded like a combination of irritation and astonishment. "Then war happened again. So instead of researching to improve humanity and create ways to protect themselves in the event another outbreak occurs, they were tasked by a man known as Adolph Hitler to design and build weapons that would help his army in the war effort. Doctor Maxis the leader of the organization reluctantly accepted, since they were low on funds at the time and Hitler was willing to pay them to continue their research. Well, as long as they put their weapons research and anything else that would improve his army first before all else. Following me so far?"

Naruto subtly nodded and Monty continued, "Well to make a long story short: Some idiot had the bright idea to make a fucking zombie army! Maxis was against the whole thing, let me tell you! But with Hitler losing the war and the threat of their funding being pulled, the man was pressured into making a zombie army for the bastard using Element One-Fifteen. Suffice to say it blew up in their faces! Even worse! Their experimentations with One-Fifteen blew a hole in the fucking space time continuum that allowed the Apothicons to invade! And that battle almost cost your world."

Long story short: prepare yourself for whatever is beyond that door, Naruto thought to himself as he warily stared at the door.

"Yeah. Exactly that. Well that's my interference done. I'll probably contact you again if shits about to go down." Monty exhaled out, sounding as if he was stretching; then he snapped his fingers in remembrance. "Oh! If you want to get inside just press the middle of the door. The architects weren't that imaginative fortunately. Ta ta for now!"

And with that said and done Doctor Monty was gone; it at that time Naruto noticed people were calling him his name and was getting pretty annoyed and frustrated at his lack of response.

"-aruto! Naruto!" jumping he looked over his shoulder to look at three very irritated looking women.

"Sorry, I was in thought." he said just before looking back at the round door.

"Must've been pretty damn important if you ignored us." Helen snarked; she was more than a little unhappy at him ignoring the three of them. Although now that she thought about it, as she glanced subtly at the Keeper, the short haired woman noticed the otherworldly being was being suspiciously quiet.

Naruto ignored her once again and followed Doctor Monty's instructions by pressing his hand flat against the stone door. Grunting he pushed all of his weight into the limb and quietly watched as a small part of the door sank in to the structure. Then a loud mechanical sounding 'click' sounded out. Naruto pulled back his hand and watched as the entire door sank in, dust falling to the ground, before rolling to the side and revealing what was beyond.

"My god."

"What is that thing?"

Those were the words that came from the mouths of Helen and Deneve. Both of whom are very surprised and gob-smacked by what they've seen. Clare was in the same boat but her reaction was a lot more subdued than her comrades. The widening of her eyes and the slight drop of the mouth was the only thing that showed how surprised the page boy-haired woman was.

"This is a machine that is beyond our comprehension." Naruto answered in stunned awe. "It's more advanced than anything my homeland has."

The machine in question is almost embedded on solid ground and around it was a round wall like tube. It was wide, metallic, and circular big enough to fit more than five people on to it. Coming out of it was big, exposed wires that was plugged in to the machine and to a panel with a few buttons off to the side nearby.

"Does it work?" Helen questioned as she, Deneve and Clare and the Keeper watched Naruto walk on to it. The woman approached the contraption and stood in front of the control panel. She gave it a curious look over. It was dusty and grimy looking.

"It shouldn't." was his reply as he got down on one knee to brush the centuries of collected dust and soot off of the surface. "It's been dormant for more than a thousand years and with no one to take care of it. The chances of it working is very very very unlikely."

Sighing Helen crossed her arms and leaned against the panel. Unfortunately her hands were pressing against the big red and obvious button. And her weight pushed it down. This had turned on the machine making everyone jump in surprise at the sudden activation.

Before Naruto could react he was enveloped by a bright light with sparks of electricity shooting off it.

"Oh shit! Naruto!" screamed Helen.

He didn't respond and when the light evaporated seconds later the reason why was made clear: Naruto was no longer there.

"What the HELL did you do Helen!?" yelled Deneve as she and Clare ran to the machine; the two women were overwhelmed with both surprise and shock at what happened.

"You're asking me?! I have no idea what happened!" Helen no longer against against the control panel yelled back. She was wide eyed with distraught and was close to hyperventilating over what happened to Naruto. "I thought it wasn't working! Naruto said it shouldn't be working!"

If the device in question was any common piece of machinery, then the likelihood of it working would have indeed been slim. However this was not just a normal piece of machinery. It was a Matter Transference Device, or MTD for short. A teleporter that is powered by Element One-fifteen; an element of great power that is able to last for an eternity.

But that knowledge is not known to any of them except for the Keeper, who had seen many MTD's in the past. It knew how they operated and what they were meant to do. With that knowledge available to it, it was understandable that the Keeper was not going berserk at what had happened.

Neither of the three hybrids took notice of that however; with them being distracted by what happened just seconds ago.

"Miria is going to kill you." Clare gravely told the short haired woman. It was a figure of speech, but in all seriousness Miria is going to figuratively kill Helen after she finds out what happened here.

"Oh god oh god oh god!" with her head in her hands Helen began to pace back and forth in the room with gradually rising panic.

She had no idea what to do.
Sign up to rate and review this story