Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Rainy Season

Heading Out

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Tsuzuki comes home from his long day at work and talks to Anna.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Tsuzuki - Published: 2017-07-31 - 338 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Twenty: Heading Out:

-July 1st, 2011-

7:00 p.m.

"I'm home," Tsuzuki said. He found Anna sitting on the sofa with Kirika-chan in her arms.

"Welcome home," she said. "How was your day?" Her husband groaned as he flopped down on the couch.

"Long and boring," he said. "We have a new case. A real nightmare. How about you?" Anna smiled.

"I'm fine," she said. "It's been quiet around here." She bounced the baby in her arms. Tsuzuki played with Kirika-chan's little cheeks.

"How's my little sweetie?" he asked.

"She's doing well as usual," Anna said, handing him the child. The shinigami perked up as he held their daughter.

"What about this new case?" his wife asked. This light dimmed from Tsuzuki's face.

"It's a mess," he said. "Fifteen souls have escaped."

"Okay… That shouldn't be that hard," Anna said. Her husband shook his head.

"No."

"No?"

"These souls… They are killing other people to survive. The number grows each day. They could wipe out this whole country if we don't act now!" He cradled the baby in his arms and sighed.

"I'm sorry, girls," Tsuzuki said. "Looks like my nights will be busy again. I'll make it up to you somehow." Anna rubbed on his shoulders.

"It'll be fine," she whispered. "We've spent too much time together during the rainy season." Tsuzuki turned to her with wide eyes.

"You don't like spending time with me?!" he whimpered.

"I do. But sometimes we need time away to keep things fresh. I don't want our marriage to become stale."

"And it won't. I don't want to be too busy for you and Kirika-chan."

"You won't be. We'll just have to work on a happy medium then."

"A happy medium, huh?"

"Yeah."

Tsuzuki looked down at Kirika-chan. "Happy medium…" The baby closed her eyes and went to sleep. Her father smiled as he thought about the new possibility. A happy medium, huh?

"I think it could work," Tsuzuki said.

"Yes," Anna whispered. She rested her chin on his shoulder.

Owari
Sign up to rate and review this story