Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Scarlet Record

Dollhouse

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Tsuzuki's next case takes him to Odaiba with a mother and her peculiar "child".

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Hisoka,Tsuzuki - Published: 2017-08-03 - 668 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Four: Dead Doll:

The woman blinked through her tears.

"Who are you?" she asked.

"Someone who can help," Tsuzuki said. He bowed his head.

-Child-

I love mama very much. She always working during the day. But I know she loves me so much. We will always be together forever.

I don't like this man in black.

-Outside-

The woman wiped her tears.

"What is the matter?" Tsuzuki asked. She shook her head.

"Come on," the shinigami said. "Talk to me. I want to help you."

"Help me?" the woman said.

"Yes."

"Why?"

"You are in pain and you look lonely."

The woman shook her head. "I'm not lonely. My daughter's with me." Her voice trembled as she spoke. It was then Tsuzuki looked around the house.

No lights on in any room. Despite the toys on the floor and bowls of cold, soggy soba on the table, the living room looked clean. There was no television or radio.

"Why is it so dark in here?" Tsuzuki asked. He walked to the wall, looking for a light switch.

"Don't!" the woman shouted. Tsuzuki turned around. His fingers inches from the light switch.

"Why?" he asked. The woman shook her head.

"Don't," she whimpered. "You can't."

"Yes, mama," the voice said. "Don't turn on the lights. I don't like this man. He's a bad man. I don't like him."

Unfortunately for them, Tsuzuki heard everything.

"Oh?" he asked. "And why am I a bad man?" The woman froze.

"Who are you talking to?" she asked.

"Don't you see?" the shinigami asked. "Turn on the lights."

"No!" she screamed. Tsuzuki flipped on the lights. The woman shielded her eyes.

"What the…?!" the shinigami asked.

A life size doll that looked like a little girl with long black sat at the other end of the table. Her green eyes stared at the woman and the shinigami like a prison guard. Her white lace couldn't hide how creepy she was. It didn't help that she smelt like a rotting corpse. Tsuzuki backed up, covering his nose.

"Don't you see," he said. "She isn't your daughter." The woman covered her mouth.

"No…" she murmured. The shinigami put his hand on her shoulder.

"I'm so sorry," he said.

"Shut up!" the doll yelled. "Lies! This man is a liar! Stop him!"

"You have to let her go," Tsuzuki said. "Your daughter is trapped by a high-risk soul in that doll. If you let her stay in this world, she will kill more innocent people."

"Mama!" the doll shouted. The woman trembled.

"I can't," she murmured. "She's… She's… She's my daughter!"

"No," Tsuzuki said. "Your daughter is dead. You have to let her go."

"I can't." Her eyes welled up once again.

"Now, you've done it!" the doll shouted. "You made mama cry! You will pay!" The creepy doll glowed bright gold as the high-risk soul flew out of it. Tsuzuki whipped around with a fuda in his hand.

"Return to your prison!" he shouted. "Let your mother have some peace!" The soul screamed as it burned away. All that remained was a five-year-old girl. Her mother crawled forward with big eyes.

"Miki… -chan?" she asked.

"Mama?" the little girl asked. The woman crawled over to the floating girl. She touched the girl on the face. Warm tears fell down the child's face.

"I love you, Mama," she said as she dissolved away. For the first time in a long time the woman smiled.

"I love you too, Miki-chan," she said.

Hours later, the woman rose to her feet.

"What are you doing up, Miki-chan?" she asked. "You should be in bed by now." She cradled that empty vessel of a doll in her arms like a baby.

"Come on, sweetie," the woman whispered. She hummed a lost lullaby as she walked up the stairs.

Outside, Tsuzuki stood in front of the house with a heavy heart. He shook his head and vanished.

Maybe, Hisoka would have a better night.

Thirteen more souls left.
Sign up to rate and review this story