Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Scarlet Record

Problem in the Road

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Tsuzuki and Hisoka are in Osaka, tracking down their next soul when they come across a major problem.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Characters: Hisoka,Tsuzuki - Published: 2017-08-07 - 552 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Seven: Problem in the Road:

The boys ran into a problem on the tenth. Their next soul led them to Osaka. Tsuzuki and Hisoka sat in a local bar, waiting. They railed their target here.

"Which one is it?" Tsuzuki asked. Hisoka scanned the room.

"Not sure yet," he said. The bar was packed on this Sunday night. So many men here too. Only the staff consisted of females. The shinigami had their eyes on said staff.

But then, they heard loud laughter. Tsuzuki froze with wide eyes.

"Don't tell me…" he said. Against his better judgement, the older shinigami turned his head. A woman dressed in black punk rock attire sat further down the bar. As predicted, a quiet young man with white hair sat next to her.

"Shit," Tsuzuki muttered. "Why are you here?" As if on cue, the woman turned around.

"Oh," she said in their heads. "You're here." Tsuzuki puffed up his cheeks.

Hello, Thanatos. You're looking well.

She played with her glass. /How's the blow-up doll?/

Tsuzuki gritted his teeth. /It's Anna. Her name is Anna! Anna! A-n-na!/

Yeah, whatever.

The shinigami puffed up his cheek. /She's doing fine. Why are you here?/

The bounty hunter sat back, smirking. /What does it look like we're doing?/

Drinking and annoying us.

Thanatos snorted. /Ha-ha! No! We're working!/

Hisoka and Tsuzuki looked at each other. Wait, maybe it's not that what they think.

Hisoka focused on the couple in his mind. /Who are you looking for?/

The female bounty hunter smirked. /We'll know when we see our target!/ Tsuzuki and Hisoka forced each other to keep a rational head.

The night dragged its fat feet. People came and went. At one point, Hisoka lifted his head.

"It's nearby," he whispered. Tsuzuki's eyes darted back and forth. By now, the patrons slowly started to clear out. Half of the staff went home. Only one barmaid stood behind the counter. The shinigami fixed their eyes on her. She kept her gaze downwards as she served the drinks.

"That's a cute charm bracelet you have there," a middle-aged man said as he looked down at her wrist.

"Thank you," she said.

"How's your daughter?" another patron asked. The barmaid looked like she wanted to cry.

"Fine," she said. A third patron hit the other man in the head.

"Ow!" the second man said. The barmaid blinked back her tears. She forced herself to smile again. Hisoka froze as more sensations ripped through his body.

"There!" he shouted.

"Huh?" Tsuzuki asked, looking up. Thanatos and Eros froze and leapt to their feet. The barmaid turned around when she heard the door creak open.

"Something the matter?" a twenty-something man asked. The barmaid shook her head.

"Nothing," she said. The young employee went back to work.

Behind her, a little bruised girl peeked out from the open door. A tear rolled down her puffy, scratched-up cheek. Her lips murmured one word.

"Mama," the child said. Meanwhile, Thanatos stared at her like a hungry animal.

"Hello, little girl," she purred. Further down the bar, Tsuzuki glared at the bounty hunter pair.

"You better not," he hissed. Behind the door, the child's eyes widened and ran away. Thanatos didn't hesitate to give chase.

"After her!" Tsuzuki shouted. He, Hisoka, and Eros ran after the girls.
Sign up to rate and review this story