Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Primis

Chapter 10

by Spyash2 0 reviews

Naruto is close to getting out of that hell he found himself in. Another thing he got is a new ally: a she-dragon called Ember.

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover - Characters: Naruto - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2017-08-11 - 6298 words

0Unrated
As he stood back to back with the Keeper, firing at the zombified yoma's, Naruto decided it was official.

He hated these fucking things.

He took aim and opened fire. The 7.92x57mm Mauser bullets from the battle rifle missing their targets a mile wide, because they would fucking spam their bullshit teleporting ability to get out of harms way.

A tentacle came at him from his blind spot and knocked the FG-42 out of his hand. Thankfully the rifle sling was still over his shoulder – all that knocking did was let the battle rifle hang at his waist.

"Ah! Shit!" one of the tendrils coiled around his wrist and started pulling him away. He clenched his fist and pulled back, "Keeper! A little help here!"

Thankfully the otherworldly being was quick to react. It turned around and threw its arm out. Electricity shot out of the sphere, shocking the tendril into uncoiling the Namikaze and making the zombie yoma howl out in irritation. As Naruto stumbled back the Keeper threw its other arm out. The zombified yoma was killed instantaneously by the shockwave – throwing it off its feet and colliding head first into the wall of a one storey building behind it.

The sheer force the corpse was under when colliding with the wall had collapsed the entire structure. If it wasn't dead. Again. It definitely was now.

After seeing that, the rest of the zombified yoma were careful to not get close. To either of them.

"Thanks." Naruto said.

You're welcome."

Both Naruto and Keeper got themselves back to back with one another once more. Now more cautious than ever before.

"How did you beat it the first time?" the Keeper asked. If it could find out how Naruto had managed to kill one of these things, then may be it can use that same tactic to kill them too.

"Stabbed it through the head with Ancients Wrath after Helen and Deneve cut it down." he answered as he was now looking through the iron sights of his FG-42. "They had to throw their swords at it from range though. The damn thing kept taking me from place to place every time they got close."

"Sometime tells me they will not be as easy to kill."

Naruto let out a humourless chuckle, "No. They probably won't. There's more than one this time around." the blonde pointed out. "Still... if we stay together and watch each others backs, we'll pick 'em off."

As if to challenge that statement a yoma with three pairs of arms roared and teleported in front of Naruto. Nails lengthening and sharpened tips for piercing damage as it intended to skewer him. It got its chest reduced to bloody gibblets by the 7.92x57mm Mauser bullets for its trouble.

It, however, didn't fall down and die. It instead staggered back before looking at the human with hungry glowing red eyes. It hissed and made to lunge at him. Until Naruto adjusted his aim and reduced its head to bloody chunks.

Then it fell down and died.

Naruto replaced the magazine for a newer one now that it was almost empty.

Behind him the Keeper was doing its job at ripping the zombified yoma's a new asshole. The electricity shocked them to the point their heads exploded – others around the point of impact were thrown back from the shockwave and were killed instantly.

The Keeper did it too more times and it was only when a electro pulse shot out of the conversion machine that the zombified yoma decided it was time to cut their losses. They all teleported out of there at the same time, leaving Naruto and the Keeper by themselves, surrounded by corpses.

"...They buggered off." Naruto said after a tense moment.

"It seems so..." the Keeper said, then it turned to look at him. "You've gotten better. Much better than the last time we last saw each other." it noted, referring to a time where Naruto was barely able to use the CAR-15 when he first got his hands on it.

He shrugged and shouldered the FG-42. "What can I say?" he said, walking past the Keeper and back to the conversion machine which was now finished powering up. "These disillusions I'm going through came in handy."

"I didn't expect anyone being able to learn from the 115 induced illusions." the Keeper said in surprise.

"I didn't expect it either. But after seeing different...me's? In various stages in life, using weapons I can only dream about? Well... you tend to pick up a few things."

"So what now?" the Keeper asked as it followed Naruto who was now heading to another location.

"...Now we activate the third and final converter and finish this." Naruto replied.

X.X.X.X

"...I'm going to need more ammo..." Naruto sighed.

The path to the third converter was separated by another horde of zombies. Unsurprising there. However unlike the previous two he encountered this one was more densely compact. They're so tightly pressed together that getting past them would be next to impossible unless they were thinned out.

And he didn't have enough ammo for that. His sword and bow could be useful here but the zombies have numbers on their side. Doing that would be stupid.

Naruto took a quick look around; no alternate paths to take. Which means he can either backtrack and find another way around or he can go ahead and force his way through.

"We can take them." said the Keeper in full confidence.

And the Keeper was with him.

Naruto briefly glanced at the otherworldly being, sighed again and looked in front of him with thinned lips.

"I don't suppose you can help me feel a little heavier?" he asked, referring to his now less than satisfactory amount of bullets for his FG-42. Naruto made sure to let the Keeper know what he was talking about by motioning his battle rifle.

The Keeper looked at him, then at the FG-42, then back up at him again. "...here." it said, raising its arm and pointing its palm at him.

Naruto felt himself get a little heavier. As if multiple objects suddenly appeared in his pouches. He gave the Keeper a nod of thanks – to which the Keeper returned.

He was just about ready to get this show on the road, until he saw something; a glyph on a wall at the front of the horde. He smiled; he knew what that meant. Naruto took aim at the closest zombie to the glyph and pulled the trigger.

The zombies sharply turned to the person making the noise – even as the bullet tore through the skull and brain of the unlucky one. The Keeper didn't move even as the glyph glowed momentarily and a massive, scaly red head with horns and burning red eyes emerged from the glyph. Fire literally dripped down from its maw and onto the floor. Its fiery red eyes hungrily stared at the mass of walking corpses.

The head of a dragon.

The dragon reared its head back, maw opening and let out a loud roar. Fire shot out of its throat and into the sky like a flame-thrower. Then it lunged down and bit down at one of the zombie.

Naruto and the Keeper weren't idle while that was happening. The blonde was felling many zombies as they shambled over to him now they knew he was there. The Keeper was floating beside and behind him protectively. It hadn't attacked yet nor was it going to – not until the zombies were in range.

The dragon was having a field day. It was having a lot of fun burning and tearing its teeth into the rotting torsos of the living dead.

And there was so many of them too!

How can this get any better!?

The dragon turned to the left when it heard noises. Loud noises. And it saw Naruto firing at the zombies – killing them and leaving the bodies for it to eat, how kind of him! And the Keeper floating around Naruto protectively.

Now that was an odd sight if it ever saw one.

The zombies were now beginning to run instead of stumbling and shambling. Arms outstretched to latch and grab. When they were in range of being hit, the Keeper threw out its arms; electricity shot out of the sphere and palms; a zombie was shocked and then thrown off their feet and into the air. Dozens followed after it, during the shockwave that happened moments after the electricity collided with the formerly walking corpse.

The dragon didn't mind though. They were killing the zombies and were overall making it easier to eat them.

Naruto kept advancing, he never stopped. He adjusted his aim so he was aiming at their heads instead of their torso. Heads were partially blown apart, skull fragments and brain matter flying through the air as the zombies fell under fire.

Then the Keeper did a ballsy move – it teleported away from Naruto's side and reappeared on the left side of the horde. The zombies around the Keeper were distracted almost immediately, but before they were able to do anything the Keeper threw its arms above its head.

One second there was a flash of light, and another second, hundreds of bodies flew up and into the sky. Flying in all directions. They were so high in the sky, they would die upon impact with the ground.

That didn't stop the dragon from lunging forward, snatching one of the many corpses from the sky. It chewed up the corpse for a moment or two, swallowed the chunks down, before lunging down with a gaping mouth to devourer two more corpses.

Naruto brought down his battle rifle and let go of it, letting the weapon to dangle at his waist. Grabbing the Ragnarok DG-4's clamped on his waist, he detached them from his waist and pressed the trigger to activate them, the blue coloured fluid in the glass container glowed upon the DG-4's activation.

As he approached the now thinning horde the blonde started off walking, then his pace picked up until he was outright sprinting.

With a yell Naruto jumped up in the air, the DG-4's raised above his head and as gravity took hold, the young man brought the DG-4's down. Slamming the spikes into the ground the DG-4's emitted massive, powerful electric shock-wave that threw all zombies around him back, killing them instantly.

That didn't stop the others that were unaffected to try and close the gap Naruto provided them. They were unhindered by the stream of fire from the dragon. Grumbling Naruto embedded the spikes firmly in the ground, a lightning trap was created around him, zapping nearby zombies that came close to the energy ball.

This trap gave him enough time to replace the magazine in his FG-42 for a fresher one. He took aim and opened fire once more. The zombies fell to the ground dead and dismembered, toppling over one another in an attempt to get at him. The dragon stopped them by pulling itself further out of the glyph that grew bigger to compensate for this. The dragon's front paws and a large portion of its upper body, wings included emerged from the glyph.

Naruto froze as the dragon partially pulled itself out of the glyph. He stiffened nervously when it looked at him, fire dripping from its maw and to the ground. He exhaled with relief when the giant, fire breathing lizard with wings turned its attention to the zombies.

It swiped at them with its forelegs. Lunged down and tore off the upper body of one of the more bloated corpses. All the while it kept dragging itself out of the glyph until it was out completely with said glyph disappearing seconds after.

The dragon was still in its infancy. It was the size and height of a double decker bus.

"Oh...crap..." he breathed.

He grabbed the DG-4's and attached them back to his waist before backing away from the dragon. It's tail lashed out as it roared, it smashed into the buildings around it causing them to collapse into rubble and making an even bigger mess.

The Keeper got the hell out of dodge as the dragon leapt at the remainders of the horde of zombies. Bodies were flying everywhere curtsy of the tail whipping at them, zombies were being crushed under the dragon's fore and hind legs.

It was... simply beautiful... and terrifying. Definitely terrifying.

"Keeper, what should we do?"

"Don't interfere. She'll take care of them."

Naruto looked at the Keeper with surprise. "It's a she?" how can it tell what gender the dragon is?

The Keeper nodded but otherwise said nothing.

The two of them watched as the female dragon tore into the zombies. Ripping into their flesh, flattening them under her fore and hind legs, and tail. Swiping them off their feet and roasting them to a well fine crisp with her fire.

Once it was all said and done no zombies were left standing. The female dragon slowly turned to face the human and Keeper and walked over to them. Heart beating rapidly a nervous Naruto took a step back, but didn't do anything that would provoke her because he noticed she wasn't doing anything that was threatening. Except for the dripping fire but that may be a dragon thing.

She stopped in front of them, sat on her haunches and stared.

Naruto... was at a loss on what to do. This was something way beyond his very limited set of skills. But... seeing she wasn't hostile, now at least, he wanted to do something. Something that will, potentially, have repercussions on his welfare.

He took a cautious step forward and paused when the female dragon looked at him. It...growled...in a non-threatening manner at him?

"Can you understand me...?" he cautiously asked the fire breathing, and winged lizard. The dragoness curiously cocked her head to the side. Naruto licked his lips and added, "If you understand me, then do this." he pointed at his own head and nodded.

The dragoness cocked her head to the other side. Then positioned her head correctly. She looked at Naruto and then at the Keeper, and back to Naruto again before nodding affirmatively.

"Oh." Naruto looked towards his companion for advice. He looked at the Keeper for advice on what to do next, a similar gesture done by the she-dragon. She looked at the alien and waited.

The Keeper sighed and crossed its arms against its robed chest. "...She's friendly. And she can understand you – ask her if she wants to join you. The more help you have the better your chances getting out of here are."

"Alright." Naruto nodded with acknowledgement and looked back at the she-dragon.

Said she-dragon was glaring confusedly at the Keeper; all she heard was hissing. How is it that this human can understand it?

"Do you want to join me?" he politely asked her; there was no need to be demanding and mean to her. She is after all a man-eating dragon. "There's a whole lot more to come. And I could really use the help." he added conclusively, gesturing to the pool of blood and crushed corpses behind her.

Her eyes lit up. Literally. More bodies for her to devourer? Count her in!

Naruto smiled with relief as the female, winged lizard nodded her head up and down rapidly. Fire dripped from her maw and onto the earth in large quantities.

"Alright. Follow me, girl." Naruto said, gesturing the double decker sized dragon to follow him as he walked passed her.

She did so obediently and gleefully.

The Keeper teleported beside Naruto and floated by his side as the young man made his way to the third and final converter with a dragon in tow.

X.X.X.X

"Huh. That's a sight you don't see every day." the cross armed spectre of Naruto 2 said to himself. He was staring down at the Namikaze, Keeper and dragon from the rooftop he is standing on.

It wasn't every day that you see someone team up with a mother-fucking dragon of all things! This never happened to him in any of the cycles he was previously in.

Then again he didn't have an otherworldly being capable of completely dominating the zombies by itself with him. And he didn't know of the summoning alters after he died. Maybe this cycle can be broken. Maybe the Namikaze can do what he could not and escape from this dimension. He was a little surprised the Keeper didn't notice him watch them though.

But, he wasn't complaining about it.

Sighing Naruto 2 teleported off the roof and reappeared on another one several times, keeping up with the small group.

X.X.X.X

As he walked through the streets of his ruined home Naruto gave the dragon a sideways glance. She was growling and hissing to herself. Her eyes were darting to her left and right searchingly for more unlucky bastards to devourer. The young man was glad he now had a dragon walking with him, she can take care of any unwanted guests. Like those frustrating, spam teleporting zombie yoma's that are still out there.

Then he turned his gaze to the Keeper. Naruto kept quiet for a moment, then he looked back at the she-dragon; it wasn't fair on him that she can understand him, and yet he is unable to understand her.

With that thought in mind, and wanting to resolve that problem before it became an annoyance, Naruto once more looked at the Keeper and asked, "Keeper, are you able to use the same method that lets me understand what you're saying so I would know what she's saying?" as the Keeper looked at him when he asked his question, Naruto pointed his thumb at the dragon in question.

Curious the she-dragon looked at the Keeper as well – it would be easier if other species are able to understand what she is saying. The Keeper hissed and held its palm out towards her... she went tense and... nothing happened?

"What ever it was trying to do, didn't work."

"I don't know about that." Naruto said to the she-dragon with a smile." I can understand you plenty."

She stopped walking and stared at him with her maw agape, fire drooling from her mouth and on to the floor in waves. "Y-you can understand me now?" her eyes grew wide in shock when he nodded in affirmation.

Stopping as well Naruto looked up at the dragon with a smile, "Makes it easier for us to talk don't you think?" he said.

The dragon nodded, "Yes!"

"Do you have a name?" he asked her because he wanted to call her by her name in case he got into trouble. Or to get her attention instead of saying 'she-dragon' or 'dragon'.

"No, I do not."

"Hmm... then how about 'Em'?"

"Em?"

"Yeah, it's short for Ember." because she's a fire dragon that has fire coming out of her mouth constantly.

"...I like them. Ember and Em. One shorter than the other." the now named Ember said.

The two of them continued on their way to their destination with Naruto pulling out the map to get a baring on where they are, and to make sure they don't take a wrong turn or get lost. After minutes of walking in the deserted streets and bypassing another blocked off route, they reached the final converter.

Naruto stepped onto the metal foundation with the she-dragon watching him with curiosity.

"Once I turn this on it's going to attract a lot of attention." Naruto said as he looked at Ember. "You'll see what I'm talking about in a moment."

As he turned back around he walked over to the control panel on the conversion machine and slammed his hand on the big, red button. The machine whirred to life and just like it happened the previous two times, in the distance were howls of a dozen or so zombies, maybe more.

"I wonder if those teleporting fuckers will come back...?" Naruto mused to himself aloud.

"Teleporting... whaters...?" Ember asked as she cocked her head to the side questioningly.

As if a higher being answered his question the remaining zombified yoma's teleported into their proximity. Their nails lengthened until they were four inches long with deadly sharp tips. They screamed out their hunger for man flesh and leapt at Naruto. They didn't care about the Keeper or the new addition – they were just focused on getting him.

Naruto responded by raising his FG-42 and taking aim at them through the iron sights. The Keeper who growled and hissed with annoyance at their reappearance, decided to get rid of them as quickly as possible. It did this by holding them all in place by raising its hand out in front of it.

Ember and Naruto took the opportunity to kill as many of them as they possibly could. Naruto by shooting them in the head, reducing the skull and brain matter to red mist. Ember who leapt over with a gaping maw and a loud roar and taking in one of the walking corpses into her mouth. She bit down, hard, and pulled.

The yoma who had four arms, was bisected by her teeth. The lower body spouted purple blood as it stood up for several moments before the Keeper released its hold on the lower body, allowing it to fall to the ground on its front.

She chewed, then swallowed, and went for another zombified yoma. As Naruto and Ember both picked the teleporting zombies off one by one, the Keeper wondered "why hadn't I done this the last time they shown themselves?" to himself, killing them would have been a whole lot easier to do if it had done just that.

Though some of the yoma's teleported away from Ember who was trying to snack on them they weren't able to do much else. They were open targets for Naruto's battle rifle too and with them being immobile, it was no surprise that they were dropping like flies. One or two tried to teleport to Naruto himself – to try and kill him obviously.

Naruto would avoid their extended nails that tried to skewer him... and that's it. They weren't able to do much else thanks to the Keeper.

As they were taking care of the remaining zombified yoma's with ridiculous ease, Naruto grunted in distress and stopped firing as he reached up to grasp the side of his head.

The One-fifteen induced illusions were acting up again.

X.X.X.X

Naruto Namikaze looked around his new found surroundings wildly and was alarmed at what he saw taking place. He quickly brought his weapon up to open fire – only to realise his FG-42 wasn't in his possession.

People were dying everywhere. Strange men in dark grey uniforms and white lab coats were trying to shoot and kill an overwhelming amount of zombies. And were failing badly. People were screaming in terror as they were caught by a zombie, or several, before getting ripped apart by them. An experience he had unfortunately experienced. More times than he can count.

There was a siren going off in the background. Though it was slightly drowned out by the screams and gun fire.

The Namikaze growled in distress as he covered his ears and closed his eyes tight. Why was he seeing this? What was the point of it?!

He got his answer when he was in another location. The sounds of people screaming and soldiers shooting had dampened a little, causing him to open his eyes. He recoiled in surprise when he found an familiar face.

It was himself. He was wearing the same clothes as the one who rescued him. In the room was another familiar face, Tank Dempsey who wore an light green uniform with a black shirt underneath, along with two other people he didn't recognise.

They immediately banded together and pressed themselves up against the door when zombies began bashing themselves against it. Well Dempsey and the other two men were. The Naruto who rescued him was busy looking under one of the mattresses under one of the four beds in the room, and pulled out four combat knifes from beneath it.

The other Naruto stood up and turned halfway to look at the others who were trying, and failing to keep the door closed. The Namikaze watched as his other self turned around and made his way to the struggling men.

"Takeo, Nikolai, Dempsey." He called to them, prompting the three men to look back at him, and shocking Namikaze since he saw what two other members of Primis looks like now. The other Naruto held the combat knives out to them, hilt first.

"Take this, they'll make killing those fuckers easier." he told then.

"Where'd you get those?" Dempsey asked, astonishment on his face as he, Nikolai and Takeo took the knives.

Namikaze listened as his other self replied, "Stole them. They do tend to forget with dead people trying to bite your own head off."

Namikaze looked at Dempsey who asked, "Just so we're clear on this: does anyone know how to kill something that is already dead?"

He heard the kerchief wearing man answer in a strange accent, "I have seen Germans shoot hell spawn in head. Maybe we stab them there they will die for good, no?" if the Namikaze didn't know any better, it sounded as if Nikolai was drunk off his ass.

The man with a moustache added on to Nikolai's observation, "That is something I too have seen from these, disgracefur peopre." He bared his teeth in frustration as his feet dragged against the floor. "When I get out of here I wirr send these herr demons back from wince they came!"

"And I'll help!" his other self exclaimed as he joined in with them on keeping the door closed. "And as for me knowing how to kill them? Yes. I know how to put them down. Shooting or stabbing them in the head seems to do the trick."

The four tensed up and held their breath when they heard gunfire close by. The zombies on the other side of their door stopping banging against it and heard their footsteps as they left. The zombies stumbled away; at the same time the gunfire got closer and closer before it cut off abruptly. The gunfire shortly started up again followed by the deathly wails of the undead shortly after.

The group of four shared a look with one another, then cautiously opened the door enough for one to peek outside. When the coast was clear the door opened completely. The man in the moustache and cap cautiously leaned his head out of the doorway and looked in both directions.

"You see anything?" Dempsey whispered.

"The path is crear." he man replied stoically. "This is our chance to arm ourserves against these demons." With that said and done he beckoned the others to follow him as he cautiously moved out of the room and into the corridor.

"Fucking hell..."

Naruto wasn't able to learn anything else as he had begun to fade out of the memory.


X.X.X.X

When he came too Naruto inhaled sharply as he surveyed his surroundings. The blonde found himself sitting on the metal foundation, his back pressed up against the conversion machine. His FG-42 was laying flat on the foundation beside him.

The Keeper and Ember were finishing up the zombies. The teleporting yoma having been reduced to messy limbs and squished corpses.

Naruto brought his hand to the side of his head as he frowned in distraught. Just... what the hell was that?

First that memory of a much younger alternate version of himself, and now he saw a memory belonging to that Naruto who rescued him weeks...? no, months...? No. Not months. Seven years had passed – plus the thirty or so times he had died here and had to go back to the beginning each time, that is close to forty years or over. Or something of the sort.

No! Don't get distracted – you saw a memory of the Naruto that rescue years ago from that shadowy organization. And he apparently knew Primis. Or at least three of them. But that begs the question: what happened to the fourth?

He pushed those thoughts aside. The conversion machine is just about done powering up – and Ember and Keeper both noticed he was aware of his surroundings.

His eyes lost focus once more as he was brought back into another illusion...

X.X.X.X

Naruto saw his alternate self being instructed on how to fire a gun. An M1911 Colt. to be exact. The man mentoring him on how to use said side arm, is Tank Dempsey.

"Don't hold your arms out straight kid. The recoil will mess with your wrists and elbows otherwise" instructed the man, who then added, "Bend your arms slightly so the recoil can be absorbed."

Naruto watched his alternate self follow the instructions provided to him to a T.

The former Marine Raider gave out some more pointers to his alternate self.

Meanwhile, he, Naruto began to fade out of the memory again...


X.X.X.X

...and found himself being carried by the frantically moving Keeper. Or to be more accurate, he was floating off ground beside the Keeper.

Grunting with a small grimace, Naruto squinted as he groggily tried to figure out where he is in terms of location. Buildings that were barely standing, some were rubble and more. Everything looked the same to him. He... didn't know where he was.

He then heard a sound that sent shivers down his spine. Naruto closed one eye and dazedly looked over his shoulder. What he saw made him want to curse like a sailor.

A tank solider. A zombie that was covered in had to toe in bulky, thick iron armour. A built in flame-thrower on the left, and a large claw on the right. It has a rocket pack on their back and smaller rocket thrusters on the back of their boots. And it has a highly visible bright light on the head of the suit.

It was flying after them.

The tank soldier had one weakness; only one: the light.

You destroy that and the reinforced glass would drop open, exposing the decaying head behind it.

"Keeper," Naruto murmured as he pulled his down shemagh scarf, "what the hell is going on?"

"Trouble!" barked the Keeper, "You're blacking out; it is a side effect of One-fifteen."

"But I'm...seeing another...me...?" he said; his voice was so it was almost like a whisper. "It's like seeing through the eyes of another person...?" It didn't get any more confusing than that in his opinion. Seeing what another version of yourself was doing and what he was going through.

"They are you. And you are them." the Keeper calmly answered, even though they are being chased by a highly armoured zombie. "There is little difference between you and the other Naruto's, just the choices and circumstances they were in."

"What about Ember? Why isn't she getting the Tank Soldier of our backs?" he asked.

"Look up." instructed the Keeper.

"What?"

"Look. Up." it repeated it's previous words, punctuated for emphasis.

Blinking Naruto did what the Keeper instructed, and he saw the she-dragon high in the sky flying circles around several flying figures. While lashing her tail, fore and hind-legs at them whenever they got close to her. They looked familiar, bulky even.

Oh.

Ember, is taking care of several Tank Soldiers at the same time.

That explained a lot.

Taking a deep breath, Naruto looked around to get his bearings – and this time, he recognised where he was. They're near his safe heaven.

Naruto let out a started cry when the tank soldier's extendible claw clamped around waist tightly. The Keeper looked over its shoulder, startled and almost cursed when the claw yanked Naruto back towards it.

He wasn't entirely helpless though – with his eyes glinting with determination and a fierce scowl Naruto grabbed his FG-42 raised it to his hip and opened fire on the arm the claw is attached to. He hoped that by shooting it enough, the claw would be forced to unclasp him and let go.

It worked. The bullets hit the arm enough for the claw to let him go. Naruto grunted as he rolled across the ground. He leaned his head back and grit his teeth as the tank solider sailed over him. He groaned with discomfort from the heat emitting from the thrusters.

Growling Naruto pushed himself up to one knee, and at the same time he pulled his shemagh scarf, which had fallen down sometime during the chase, back up so it was covering the bottom half of his face again.

The tank soldier turned around and the second he saw the bright light on top of its head, Naruto aimed his German made battle rifle at it and pulled the trigger.

It roared as the bullets struck the light and after the bullets hit it, again and again and again it broke and the protective glass fell to the ground exposing the head of the zombie behind it. The zombie controlling the tank solder let out another roar, and ran with its flame-thrower pointing at him.

Fire shot out of the flame-thrower, threatening to envelop Naruto in its heat and burn him away. Naruto however was quick on his feet and he ran, putting a distance between him and the fire being launched at him.

The Keeper wasn't idle. The second it saw Naruto running from the fire it teleported beside the blonde; he ran past the Keeper, who floated after him.

The otherworldly being threw its arm out, with electricity shooting from its limb. It struck true. And the zombie roared as it the lightning struck, making the zombie stumble back from the impact. It didn't impede the zombie forever though. It recovered and continued its chase anew.

Naruto meanwhile was back at the blocked entrance of his safe house. He pulled open the container open as wide as he possibly could and slipped inside.

The Keeper teleported inside with him, but didn't have enough time to get a look around because Naruto was already on the move. The MTD was powered up and both tubes were filled with a blue fluid that was glowing. Naruto ran over to the computer hooked up to it and racked his brain on how to get it to work.

"C'mon, c'mon, how do I work this thing? I'm so close...!" he ranted while frantically looking at the buttons.

Before the Keeper could add any input, both it and Naruto looked towards the container when the tank Solder slammed itself against it. The force behind the impact had slightly pushed the container away, but held.

"Shit!" in a panic Naruto turned to the controls and started pressing random buttons and hoped for the best. All he wanted was to get out of here! And something told him if he were to die this time around, it would be a permanent thing! No resets.

Lucky for him, he got help in the form of the spectral Naruto who without the Namikaze knowing took brief control of his arms and made him press the right buttons. He was dead but the Namikaze wasn't. Might as well help him out so he won't share his fate.

While that was happening the tank soldier was slowly pushing the container away. A loud screech echoed through the room as metal dragged across ground.

With the final button pressed the MTD let out a noise, letting everyone know it was ready for use. It also served to frenzied the tank soldier, causing it to push its bulky armoured suit against the container with its thrusters on full blast.

Naruto Namikaze, the spectre Naruto, and the Keeper ran into the MTD and slammed the button to turn it on causing his vision to be filled with a bright light; at the same time the tank solder managed to shove the container out of the way, and it flew towards the active teleporter.

The interior of the was enveloped by a bright light with sparks of electricity shooting off it. Teleporting the two Naruto's and Keeper out of this dimension – the tank soldier managed to enter the light just before it faded away.

X.X.X.X

High above the remains of Konoha was Ember, fighting the other tank solders. Many of them were falling like flies. When she got her teeth on them, she would pull – ripping the metal suits to large chunky and dented pieces. If they got far she was roast them with her fire. If they tried to blitz her, she would return the favour.

She was about to roast another of the metal things when all of them just upped and vanished. Bewildered, Ember stopped flying and looked around to see where they had gone. They just...disappeared.

Ember looked down and saw the zombies had vanished too. Huffing she flew down to the surface and went to find Naruto and his companion in the last place she saw them head too. The safe house.

She would come to realise the zombies had left, because Naruto and the Keeper had left. And now she no longer had anything to make her stay, Ember left the dimension through the same method she used to enter. Her glyph.

But it won't be the last time she would see them however.
Sign up to rate and review this story