Categories > Original > Sci-Fi > Maze of Walls

Maze of Walls

by FadingLight

The ghosts and demons of a long forgotten world torment the living.

Category: Sci-Fi - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Horror, Sci-fi - Warnings: [R] [V] [X] - Published: 2006-09-11 - Updated: 2006-09-12 - 392 words

?Blocked
Prologue

'Breed...er.'
She ran.
'Breed...er.'
The eerie droning call followed her through the maze of crumbling stone walls.
'Breed...er.'
The word was said with a slight pause between syllables, both a desire and a fate to be forced upon her.
She ran blindly down the twisting corridors of the maze, sickly yellow shafts of light spilled through the ruined ceiling along with rotting tree roots and trickles of dirty rain water.
Her flight was slowed by the elaborate marriage gown she wore. Heavy with lace and velvet, it was awkward for her to balance. She sweated heavily underneath all the layers. He had insisted she wear it, part of a little game he wanted to play. She even let him put the metal band around her throat and blindfold her.
'Breed...er.'
Her breath came in ragged gulps, her stomach clinched and tight. Tears and sweat burned her eyes.
When the blindfold had come off, she saw what game was intended, saw the rows of the missing and the mutilations and she ran.
She turned a corner and ran face first into a wall.
Dazed, breathless, and head hurting, she laid motionless on her back staring up. Oddly, she noticed what remained of the ceiling was decorated.
The light coming in illuminated the rock panels. She could see carved images depicting the wars of the Klan Empire, scenes of the siege of Mare Imbrium before the Broken Sister was sundered,
'Breed...er.'
Her breath came suddenly and sharply, her eyes wide and frantic.
She rolled to her hands and knees, listening, like a cornered animal. Rational thought was now gone and a primal fear squirmed in her gut.
Nothing moved or stirred. No voice or sound disturbed the silence.
Focused on the corridors in front of her, she did not notice the light above her flicker.
She felt something coil around her waist, tight, hard, and unyielding.
She started to scream as she was pulled into the air. As the floor receded, her mind tried to understand why her arms and legs were still on the floor and the crimson puddles pooling around them.
Distantly, she felt her thighs being forced part, popping in their sockets. Something hard and hot like molten lead slipped between.
A shadow pass in front of her face and everything became dark and quiet.
Sign up to rate and review this story