Categories > Original > Sci-Fi

Mr. Electric City - Prologue

by InterNeddSupreme 0 reviews

The start of my fiction. Contains confusion, explaining, a suicide note, superpowers, and an invasion. Hope you like it :)

Category: Sci-Fi - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Sci-fi - Published: 2017-09-14 - 800 words - Complete

0Unrated
It all started with a note, a USB stick, and a voice recorder. Before that, I was just a normal person who tried to run away from the Charon army with my family, only that my family couldn’t keep up with me. First my grandparents, then my mom, then my little brother. I only have my father. We used to live downtown in the city Rome. But when the Undead army attacked, we had no choice but to run to the Alps.

I had never seen the country before, but I never had time to enjoy the view. We ran north to Switzerland, hitchhiking from vehicle to vehicle and avoiding cities and highways if were to go on foot. The running almost ended when we lost our sense of directions in the Alps. The cold bit through my jacket chills kept torrenting through my spines. The horizons were the jagged teeth of a monster. Our compass broke, we were losing food supplies and the army was getting closer and closer. Luckily, we found a cave. But it was no ordinary cave.

Down the cave, several pictures were hung. The same 3 persons. Different gadgets, weapons, clothes. It was a proper gallery of an abstract lifestyle. And at the far end of the cave, there were 3 golden pillars and an altar. On that altar, there was a USB stick, a voice recorder, and a note. The note went:

Dear future reader,

I am going to start this message with 2 disclaimers. First. If you found this note in a cave with 3 golden pillars, under Mt. Dom, then I would ask you to be very cautious with your surroundings. Not because I am religious or anything, science for the win, but I would ask you to respect it anyways. I will get to why later.

Second disclaimer. If you haven’t noticed it yet, this is my farewell note to everything, the universe, and life. I am highly aware that suicide notes are a big trend among the teenagers recently, but that does not stop me from making this note. The reason of my self-destruction is because I have assigned myself to protect other countries from being invaded, for I am about to march to the front door of the Charon army and knock down each and every man standing that I stand before. And I don’t expect myself to succeed at all, but if there was a way to die, it would be to die to have a chance of saving the 3.8 million-year-old evolutionary timeline of the planet Earth.

Wish me luck.

P.S.
Under this note, there is a safe which contains a phone containing a sound biography of my life for the past few years and a downloaded version of my dead body (red button). The code is one-nine-one-nine. I had to make sure that I would not be giving up my privacy to someone who doesn’t know how to read. Take care of it.

After I read this letter, I was suspicious of who wrote the letter. There were no names or anything that proves the identity of the writer. I went to my dad and his eyes enlarged as his eyes skimmed through the piece of paper.

“Celine, do you know who wrote this letter?”

I looked at him confused.

“Is he some sort of god?”

“Celine, he was a hero”

I didn’t want to question his use of words, but I asked him what we were supposed to do. Then what he said broke my heart.

“Celine, you must take these 3 items in your hands, and run to the nearest city. I won’t be able to run as fast as you, but I will be right behind you. Now, go, for the world needs the person who is lying in your hands.”

I started running north. Way north. Mountains after mountains, road after road. I then found an empty highway where terror was written on the concrete and walls. Rows and rows of cars, abandoned. That faint smell of petroleum. That home-sick smell passively making me mourn. I didn’t look back because I trusted my father that what he said was correct, and if I were to ever look back, I would fail him. I took a couple of days before I found city lights. I ran to it with all my might and will. The city perimeters enlarged as I sprinted for salvation. And before I knew it, I made it to Zurich. I started calling for help. Zurich was the home of bunkers and sweet chocolate. I would love me some sweet chocolate.

Then after a while, a car came from the blue. A passenger stepped out of the car. He was tall, muscular and strong. He ran towards me...
Sign up to rate and review this story