Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Scarlet Record

Sad Old Man in Love

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Tsuzuki, Anna, and Kirika-chan are out picking up dinner and dessert in Ginza when the next high-risk soul runs into them.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Tsuzuki - Published: 2017-09-19 - 886 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Fifteen: Sad Old Man in Love:

-5:18 p.m.-

-Ginza, Tokyo-

"You sure this is okay?" Anna asked.

"Yes," Tsuzuki said. "I need this. I just miss you." It hurt to smile. Anna rubbed him on the back.

"I understand," she said.

"I just want to have a tasty dinner, a bath, and to go to bed," he said.

"That bad, huh?"

"Yeah." Kirika-chan slept in Tsuzuki's arms. She had no idea of what her dad had been through this month.

"Alright," Ann said. "Let's just get dinner and get home." Tsuzuki nodded. The couple walked into the Korean barbeque place.

"Would you like to get cake afterwards?" Anna asked.

"Yeah," Tsuzuki said.

The family walked down to Centre the Bakery.

"I love their green tea cakes," Tsuzuki said.

"Green tea cakes?" Anna asked.

"Yeah," he said. "They're really good. Let's get some!"

"Okay," his wife said. The couple was about to go inside when Anna happened to look behind them.

"Asato-kun," she said.

"Hm?" Tsuzuki asked.

"There is a strange man staring at us," she said.

"Huh?" her husband said as he turned around. A man in his sixties stood across the street, staring. Despite it being summer, he wore a thick black coat and a thick grey scarf. His blonde hair made the man look foreign. No one else seemed to notice him.

"Hm," Tsuzuki said. He bounced the baby in his arms. The man's gaze fixed on Anna. The woman shuddered.

"Asato-kun," she said, holding onto his arm. The man walked across the street when traffic stopped.

"Asato-kun!" Anna said. Her husband looked around.

I can't put the baby down/, he thought. /And I don't want to draw too much attention. What do I do? The man made it to the couple and paused. He blinked his mismatched eyes.

"Yes?" Tsuzuki asked. The other man rubbed the back of his head.

"Oh, do forgive me," he said. "You looked like my late wife." He had such charm in his English accent. Anna blinked.

"Huh?" she asked. The old man bowed.

"Allow me to introduce myself," he said. "My name is David Grey." The couple struggled to speak.

"Your wife?" Ann asked.

"Yes," David said. "She died fourteen years ago."

"Okay…" she said.

David looked Anna up and down. "You look just like her. Hair and all."

"Uh… Thanks… I guess..."

The whole time, Tsuzuki observed David. What's with this man? Still, another thought crossed his mind.

Where have I seen him before? Tsuzuki tilted his head. David raised his eyebrow.

"Yes?" he asked.

"You look familiar," the shinigami said.

"Oh? And who might you be?"

"I'm her husband! And this is our daughter."

"Asato," Anna said. The shinigami didn't back down.

"Oh," David said. "Do forgive me." He bowed really deep.

"So… That's it?" Tsuzuki asked.

"Yes," David said. "Goodbye." He turned and walked away. Anna tilted her head. Tsuzuki snorted.

"Weirdo," he said. The shinigami turned and walked into her bakery.

"You coming?" he asked.

"Hm? Oh, hand on," Anna said. She followed Tsuzuki inside.

-July 14th, 2011-

-Ju-Oh-Cho-

Tsuzuki couldn't let the issue go. Who was that David-man they met yesterday? He decided to go to the records.

"Who do you want us to look up again?" Younger Goshoshin asked.

"David Grey," Tsuzuki said. "There's something I need to see."

"Alright," Younger Goshoshin said. He got on the computer and typed in the name in the database. Tsuzuki stared at the screen. One result popped up.

"Is this him?" Younger Goshoshin asked.

"I'm not sure," the shinigami said.

"Let's see," the bird creature said. He clicked on the name. Tsuzuki about jumped when he saw the picture.

"That's him!" he said. "That's the man we saw yesterday!"

"What about him?" Goshoshin asked.

"Scroll down," the shinigami said. The bird creature scrolled down the profile. Tsuzuki blinked.

"It says died in 1999," Goshoshin said. The shinigami's jaw dropped.

"No way!" he shouted. Looking back, it all made sense. No one else saw David despite his appearance. His appearance really stood out.

"What's the status on his soul?" Tsuzuki asked. The younger Goshoshin scrolled through the record.

"Oh!" he shouted.

"What is it?" Tsuzuki asked. The bird creature pointed to the screen. The shinigami leaned in and narrowed his eyes. The shock hit him hard.

"He's a high-risk soul!" Tsuzuki shouted. He turned and ran out of the room.

"Tsuzuki-san!" Goshoshin shouted. The door slammed behind the shinigami.

"You found another high-risk last night?" Hisoka asked at his desk.

"Well, he found us, but yeah," Tsuzuki said. "He was drawn to Anna. Said she reminded him of his wife."

"Is the wife dead?"

"Yes."

"I see…"

Tsuzuki frowned. "What?" Hisoka eyed him.

"I might have an idea to catch David," he said. Tsuzuki shook his head.

"No…" he said.

"We've got no choice," the younger shinigami said. "Aizawa-san needs him back. I'm sorry, but Anna will only have to court him." He put up his hand as his partner opened his mouth.

"She won't have to sleep with him. Just learn what she can about him and we catch him."

Tsuzuki puffed up his cheeks. "Fine, I'll call her then." He pulled out his cell phone and dialed home.

"Hello, Anna. I have a favor to ask of you," he said sheepishly.
Sign up to rate and review this story