Categories > Original > Romance

British Coins Investing

by BoyleDorsey52 0 reviews

Hi and welcome. If you're in the market to buy gold coin

Category: Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Horror - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2017-10-04 - 440 words

0Unrated
If you're in the market to buy gold coins there is no better time than the present. The price of gold and silver is on the rise and precious metals' investing is on the minds of everyone seeking to strengthen their portfolio and increase their financial security during these troubled times. (A strong portfolio should contain at least 10-20% coins and bullion, according to industry experts.)

British coins are very popular among investors and collectors alike; the Sovereign coin, in particular. This coin was introduced in the 19th century as currency in London and shortly after it was being circulated in 5 continents as every day currency.


The popularity of this coin was due to the fact that it was made with 23 carat gold. This was soon changed by Henry VIII to 22 carat, which is now the standard. It was reduced to 22 carat so it could be made with a slight bit of copper to increase its strength and durability. It was known as "crown gold" and consisted of 11/12 gold and 1/12 copper. This method was changed one time with the minting of the Australian Sovereign and included an extra 1 1/4% of silver so Queen Victoria was able to be crafted in better detail. The beauty of the coin was, and still is, unmatched in many collectors' minds.

British Sovereign coins are a sound investment as they are typically sold as collector's items but can be purchased for not much more than their bullion price. These coins were produced in high quantity's when they were first introduced which also makes them fairly easy to find. Regardless, they remain a favorite amongst investors and collectors.

These British coins are considered to be one of the most versatile coins on the market. They hold their bullion price due to their high amount of pure gold, they are one of the most collectible of coins due to their beauty and craftsmanship and they are usable currency in almost every country in the world.

Gold is the past, present and future. It has and remains to be one of the safest investments on the market. People strive to have precious metals in their portfolios due to the fact that they are a physical commodity. Prices can fall, but with the past performance results in this market, it is not likely. Experts are saying the exact opposite, in fact. Leading industry experts expect gold prices to reach over $1,200 per ounce by years end. British coins are a thriving member of this category and have withheld the test of time. Remember to consult only with qualified and reputable gold dealers that have a history of excellent service and success.
Sign up to rate and review this story