Categories > Movies > Godfather

Confessions of a Protective Older Brother

by Quillian 3 reviews

There is more than one side to every story. This is how Michael saw Connie's breakdown at the end of the first Godfather movie.

Category: Godfather - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2006-09-12 - Updated: 2006-09-13 - 579 words - Complete

0Unrated
DISCLAIMER: I don't own The Godfather or anything about it. The original book was written by Mario Puzo, and the movie belongs to Paramount Pictures.
SUMMARY: There is more than one side to every story. This is how Michael saw Connie's breakdown at the end of the first Godfather movie.
WARNING: Rated PG-13 (T) for mentions of death and violence, as well as some profanity, just to be safe.
NOTE: This is my first-ever fic about /The Godfather/.


/"Confessions of a Protective Older Brother,"/

By Quillian


Dedicated to Red Witch, whose X-Men: Evolution fic "Confessions of A Human Girlfriend" was something of an inspiration for this.

Thanks is/ also given to Daniel (a.k.a. "phr4ck4774ck") for beta-reading this./


"Don Corleone."

As the door is shut, my hand is kissed and I am addressed by that name.

At first, I didn't want anything to do with the family business... but now, I am the head of the family business. And I like it.

But even as we talk, I can't help but think of my younger sister, Connie.

And now, when I think about her, I think about that good-for-nothing son of a bitch, Carlo.

So she's mad at me that I killed her husband. Fine, that's understandable.

But what I don't understand is why she's upset at me for getting rid of her husband who abused her.

I heard about how Sonny beat up Carlo in the street for giving her a black eye, and how that didn't stop Carlo from continuing his little reign of terror over my sister. That's also how Sonny got killed; trying to come to her aid.

And all the while, she tried to defend her bastard of a husband, saying it was all her fault.

No, she did nothing wrong. And even then, even if she had done something wrong, that gave Carlo no right to beat her while she was pregnant with his child!

Unbelievable. Just unbelievable.

He got Sonny killed, he beat her like an animal, and he killed the heads of the Five Families. By all accounts, Carlo Rizzi got what was coming to him.

In fact, if I had known what that bastard would have done, I would have shot him myself before he could even think about marrying Connie!

According to her, I'm a heartless bastard because I saved her from that man. It just boggles the mind.

Hopefully, Connie will come around and realize that I did her a favor.

Besides, I would be more than happy to help raise her children. To be a caring uncle.

I certainly know better than to persecute children for their parents' mistakes.

I also know Connie will forgive me in time, once she realizes how I've done my job as a protective older brother.

Of course, I did have to lie to Kay. But I'm sure she believes me.

Like I said, in five years, the Corleone family will become completely legitimate.

I am Michael Corleone, son of Vito Corleone, and the new head of the Corleone family. By my side are my brother Fredo, my sister Connie, my adoptive brother Tom, and my wife Kay.

And family is everything in this business.

Everything will turn out well.

FIN


A/N: So, how was that? The last line about "everything turning out well" is supposed to be ironic, considering the problems and events that come along later in the Godfather sequels.

Anyway, thanks for reading this! -Quillian
Sign up to rate and review this story