Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Thinking About You

6.2

by FFisoline 0 reviews

SasuxSaku/AU/OOC/SongFic: A wedding to attend to, flashbacks of a past love interest, unsettled emotions and all that other typical romantic clichés. But the biggest and greatest cliché of them a...

Category: Naruto - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Sakura,Sasuke - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2017-10-24 - 6107 words - Complete

0Unrated
(6.2)

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

/"The irony of that is…"/

Sakura stood in front of the mirror, checking her reflection. She wore a peach baby doll dress and a pair of white ankle strap low heeled sandal.

She considered for a moment before deciding to remove her hair clips.

She walked away from the mirror only to come back in a heartbeat and started putting her hair clips back on.



She looked at her phone for the time.

'07:23 pm / Sat, Aug 01'

Sakura picked up her white purse and placed her phone inside. She then made a move to exit the changing room.

.

.

.

Sakura walked past Kin Tsuchi on her way to the service door.

"Wow. You look… pretty.", Tayuya remarked then turned to Sasuke. "Doesn't she?"

Sasuke, who was on his way to the kitchen with some dirty dishes, did a double take.

"A-Aa."

"Erm… Thanks.", Sakura brushed her hair behind her ear.

Sasuke nodded before getting back to work.

"Are you going out on a date?", Tayuya pressed.

"Y-Yes I am."

"Oh. Well. Have fun."

"Yeah. Thank you. I'll see you later."

"Okay.", Tayuya yelled back as she made her way into the kitchen.

Sakura exhaled heavily as she moved towards the exit.

.

.

.

Once outside, Sakura proceeded to the parking area.

Sakura smiled at Sasori as soon as she saw him waiting for her.

Sasori – who was wearing a black blazer over his red dress shirt, black skinny jeans and a pair of oxfords – smiled back at her.

Sakura looked around. "Er… where's your motorcycle?", she wondered.

"I swap my motorcycle with my friend's car just for tonight.", answered Sasori.

"Then?" Sakura look behind Sasori.

"Yep." Sasori smirked then move towards the car behind him.

"For real?"

Sasori made a move to open the door of the passenger seat. He then raised an eyebrow at Sakura as he held the door open for her.

Sakura grinned as she walked towards him.

"Thank you.", she told him before getting into the car.

Sasori closed the door as soon as she was settled inside.

Sakura smoothed down her hair as she watched Sasori move around the car to get to the driver's seat. She feels for her hairclips until Sasori opens the door.

Sasori got in the car and closed the door. "Here we go."

He put the key in the ignition and started the engine.

/./

/./

/./

Sasori stopped the car in front of the valet parking of a restaurant.

They got down and Sakura read the letters on the marquee.

'Akatsuki'

She turned around and saw Sasori whispering something to the valet before letting him take his place in the driver's seat.

"What was that about?", Sakura asked him as soon as he joined her.

"Nothing. I just asked him nicely to… make sure the car doesn't get damaged. Don't want my friend to kill me.", Sasori explained as he led Sakura into the restaurant.

.

.

.

A waiter leads them to their table.

Sasori opens a chair for Sakura.

"T-Thanks." Sakura giggled as she sat down.

Sasori then walked towards the seat opposite hers.

Sakura took in the ambience as he sat down. "This place is lovely."

"I'm glad you like it."

The waiter handed them the menu and took his leave.

Sakura gave herself more time to appreciate the interior design of the place. "So… what's this design called?", she asked, turning to him.

"Contemporary. It's actually a clash of different styles."

"Really I hadn't notice. Everything looks so cohesive."

"It's well-blended together since they only used the colors; black, red and a little bit of white."

"I see."

"Let's order?" Sasori picked up his menu.

"Sure."

.

.

.

"How do you like the food?", wondered Sasori as he took a sip from his wine glass.

"It's really great." Sakura wiped her mouth with the table napkin. "Thank you for this wonderful dinner."

Sasori smiled.

.

.

.

The doorman opens the door for Sasori and Sakura as they stepped out of the restaurant.

"Sir. Ma'am. I hope you had a good time.", he gestured.

"Yes. Thank you.", Sakura acknowledged the man.

Sasori led Sakura out of the property.

"Uhm… What about the car?", Sakura realized.

"Oh… I…" Sasori smirked. "I asked the valet to park it two blocks down the street."

"Then…" Sakura smiled. "I guess were walking two blocks down."

"Indeed. Erm… Here." Sasori took off his blazer and put it over Sakura's shoulder.

"Thank you~", Sakura chuckled as she held the suit jacket in place.

"You're most welcome."

The two of them walked towards the sidewalk.

"So~ how am I doing so far? Does this feel like a real date?"

"Hm~ I'm not really sure." Sakura tried to tease him. "I've never been on a date before-"

("Oh right.")

['…']



/"Come with me."/

/"What's with this situation?"/

/"Mou~"/

/"I bailed on work so I can bring you here. We're going in… Are you going to make me come and get you?"/

/"But..."/

/"Let's just go in. It's going to be fine."/

/"No. Wait!"/

/ "Come on."/

/"Boring?"/

/"Oh no you didn't?!"/

/"Still bored? … If you're happy then show it."/

/"So, what's the verdict?"/

/"Real enough."/



"Sakura?"

"Hm?!"

Sakura snapped out of it and found Sasori leading by a few steps and looking back at her.

"Something on your mind?"

"No. It's nothing." Sakura brushed her hair down with her fingers as she took a step forward.

['Nah. That wasn't a date at all.']



"Are you sure everything's okay?"

"Yes." Sakura nodded. "C-Can I hold onto your arm?"

"S-Sure." Sasori blushed. "Tonight is special after all."

Sakura was blushing as well as she wrapped her hand around his arm.

The two of them walked on like this.







Just a few meters away from the restaurant, they came across a man who had just gotten out of his car.

Sakura noticed how he winced as soon as he closed the car door.

He then started making his way towards the other direction and Sakura could tell that he was uneasy.

They eventually passed each other and she heard the man's heavy breathing.

She kept looking back at the stranger who just seemed to find walking more and more difficult with every step he took.

"Sakura?", Sasori looked back at the old man as well. "Do you know him?"

"He does look familiar but… that's not why I'm concerned."

"What's the matter then?"

"I'm not sure. I could be wrong but doesn't he look like he's…"

The man's shortness of breath was now very obvious.

Sakura stopped when she saw that the man was hunching down. "I think something is wrong with him. He could be having a heart attack."

"Excuse me Sir!" she let go of Sasori and approached the man.

"Sak- Wait."

The man heard her but found it hard to turn around so Sakura opted to move in front of him instead.

"Do you need help?"

"No! I'm fine.", he tried to dismiss her concern. "I'm just tired- H-Have we met somewhere before?"

"I'm not so sure myself. Erm… Where are you headed? Let me assist you?"

"There's no need for that. I'm headed to that restaurant ahead. It's only a few meters away. I'll be fine. I'm meeting someone there."

Sakura noticed that the man had started to break out into sweats. "I- Uhm. Sasori!"

Sasori joined her and began analyzing his symptoms. "You're right."

"I said I'm fine." The man tried to laugh it off. "What is wrong with the both of you?"

"Sir. I don't mean to scare you… but… You are having a heart attack.", Sasori told him.

"What?!" The man suddenly grabs his chest.

"I am a medical student." Sasori feels around for his wallet and takes it out so he can show the man his i.d. "And, s-sorry to tell you… based on the symptoms you're exhibiting you're having a heart attack." Sasori explained.

"That's…"

"Sir it's better to be safe than sorry." Sasori told him and motioned for a street bench. "I think it's best if you sit down for now."

"But-"

"Uncomfortable pressure or a squeezing pain right in the center of your chest that's slowly spreading beyond to your shoulders, neck, jaw and one or both arms.", said sakura causing both males to turn to her.

"Shortness of breath, Cold sweats, light-headedness and suddenly feeling fatigue.", she added. "You are currently experiencing these symptoms now, aren't you?"

The man rubs at his chest and after a brief moment nodded.

"Please let us help you."

He complies and takes his seat on the bench.

Sasori joined him. "This may be hard given the situation but try your best to keep calm okay?"

"Y-Yes."

"Do you have a heart condition?"

"Ha!" The man chuckled in spite of himself. "I thought I didn't but… I'm… not sure anymore."

"When was the last time you had a check-up?"

"About… a year ago. Probably… longer..."

"Is this the first time you've experience all this symptoms all at once?"

"I-" the man suddenly gritted his teeth and started clenching his suit just over his chest.

"Sakura!" Sasori turned to her. "Run back to the restaurant and get them to call an ambulance-"

Sakura just hung up. "I just called Nurse Rin. She's getting a hold of an ambulance now.", said Sakura as he handed her purse and Sasori's blazer back to him then started walking off.

"Where are you going then?"

"Back at the restaurant. I'm going to find the person he's supposed to meet." Sakura halted, looking back at them. "Is it a man or a woman?"

"Sir? The person you're meeting, is it a man?" Sasori turned back to the man. "It's okay to just nod."

The old man nodded through his chest pain. "My… u-uncle."

Sakura turned on her heel and sprinted off.

.

.

.

"Ma'am?", the doorman recognized her. "Did you forget something?"

"Not really. Excuse me." Sakura responded despite being in a hurry.



Sakura approached the concierge.

"I'm sorry!", she interrupted the concierge who was talking to a customer at that point. She turned to the customer first. "You wouldn't happen to be meeting your nephew here would you?", she inquired.

The old man shook his head.

"I see. Excuse me for a bit." Sakura then turned to the concierge. "We met a man not far from here and he isn't feeling very well. He's supposed to meet his uncle here… Err… sorry I didn't have the time to ask for his name or his uncle's name. It was sort of sudden and he's really having breathing difficulty.

Can you help me find which one his uncle is among the people here and if he's not here yet… could you maybe… call those who made a reservation to see if he's the one we're looking for?"

"Yes ma'am." The concierge nodded.

"Thank you. And… Sorry to trouble you like this."

The lady immediately called for some of the waiters. She instructed one to take the old man to his table and the rest to ask around for anyone who is supposed to meet his nephew.

"Uhm…One more thing.", said Sakura. "You won't happen to have an aspirin lying around here would you?"

.

.

.

Sakura returned to Sasori with one of the security personnel.

"Sasori!", she called.

Sasori quickly stood up and met her halfway. "Did you find his uncle?"

"The staffs are asking around as we speak."

"They'll contact me as soon as they find who we're looking for.", said the security personnel as he went ahead of them. "But maybe he can provide a specific description or the name of his uncle so we can find him faster."

"Here." Sakura held out the aspirin. "I thought he might need to chew on this as soon as possible."

Sasori was amazed "Good thinking Sakura."

"That's…" the security personnel seemed to recognize the man. "Sir, is everything all right? H-He's not responding!"

"What?!" Sasori had just taken the aspirin off Sakura's hands. He rushed back to the man's side. "Sir?"

Sasori checked the man. "He has no pulse! I- Help me lay him down!", he snapped.

The other guy helped Sasori lay the unconscious man down. "Now what?!"

Sasori was frozen.

"Sasori!", Sakura yelled. "If he went into cardiac arrest then we need to keep the blood circulating."

Sasori shakily unfastened the man's shirt.

"Can you make a call to Konoha General Hospital and follow up on the ambulance.", Sakura told the other guy who looked like he would've also stopped breathing if she didn't give him something to do.

"Yes ma'am!", he responded and pulled out his radio.

She then turned back to Sasori only to find him just staring at the unconscious person.

"Uhm, okay… I gotta… I know how to perform CPR but… I hadn't practiced what I learned."

['He's panicking.']

"Err… where exactly on the chest… was I supposed to push? Should I… ugh... form a fist and push down with my knuckles, or use the ball of my hand?"

"Move over!", Sakura instructed.

"Huh?!"

"Sasori move over!", Sakura took Sasori's place beside the man.

She placed both of her hands, one on top of the other, over the center of the man's breast bone. She pressed down hard and then allowed the man's chest to relax. She repeated the process continuously following a rhythm.







After a few seconds, the man gasped.

"He's breathing." Sasori let out a sigh of relief. "Is he conscious?"

Sakura continued pumping.

The man started twitching.

"He's moving.", Sasori noted. "Look. You can stop. Sakura-"

"I can't!", Sakura snapped.

Sasori fell silent.

"I can't stop. Not until the ambulance gets here."

Sakura exhaled heavily as she endured the strain that she was starting to feel on her shoulders and arm muscles.

Sasori could only watch as she desperately tried to keep the man alive.

"Sasori, Are you paying attention?"

"…"

"Sasori! I need you to look closely at how I do it."

"I- Okay." Sasori turned serious.

"You're gonna have to relieve me in a while. Can you do that?"

"Yes." Sasori rolled up his sleeves and positioned himself to be able to relieve Sakura any moment.

They nodded at each other and Sakura let Sasori continue the CPR.

Sakura stepped back, wiping the sweat off her forehead.

.

.

.

The paramedics pushed through the door of the Emergency Department of Konoha General Hospital, wheeling in the stretcher that carried the man – now intubated.

Sakura and Sasori walked behind them.

"Sakura!", Rin called her attention and approached them.

The rest of the medical staff she was with met the paramedics and quickly got to work transferring the man's body to one of the beds.

("We got a male. Mid-twenties. SCA due to a heart attack.")

"Nurse Rin."

"T-This is Dr. Hiruzen Sarutobi.", Rin introduced the old man behind her. "He's the resident cardiologist."

Sakura and Sasori bowed to the old man.

"Doctor. They're the ones who called me about the patient's possible heart attack so I made the call to dispatch an ambulance."

"I see. You seemed to have made the right judgement." The doctor told them as he glanced at the patient before the medical personnel proceeded to draw the curtains. "Excuse us."

Sakura nodded and watched Rin and the doctor walked towards the bed.

"The patient was found to be pulseless and unresponsive by that fellow, and cardiopulmonary resuscitation was immediately started by that young lady beside him. They switched with each other every two minutes until we got there. Upon our arrival, the automated external defibrillator advised shock and he was defibrillated thrice. Return of spontaneous circulation was achieved in 15 minutes. He was then intubated for airway protection.", the paramedic reported.

Rin was writing down on her chart.

"Nohara.", the doctor spoke as soon as he had a good look at the patient.

"Doctor?", Rin looked away from her chart.

"You're off this case."

"Doctor?!"

"You!", the doctor pointed at one of the other nurses on standby. "Take her place."

The said nurse reluctantly approached Rin and held her hand out for Rin to hand over the chart.

"But why?", Rin questioned his decision.

"Hospital policy.", he merely stated.

Rin dropped the chart before the other nurse could even hold it. She took a look at the patient and turned pale. "OBITO~!"

Sakura could only watch from afar as Rin was suddenly in a state of panic. "Nurse Rin."

"Get her out of here.", the doctor gestured.

Rin's co-workers immediately asked her to step away from the patient.

.

.

.

"So~" Sasori was rubbing his nape. "The guy turned out to be someone she knew?"

Sakura nodded. "Apparently. No wonder he looked familiar. I saw him once before."

Sasori shot himself up from his seat.

"Where are you going?", wondered Sakura.

"I'm going back for the car. I'm supposed to return that car to my friend before ten. I'll be back… with my motorcycle. You can wait here for me." Sasori gestured for Rin who was also at the waiting area, sitting not very far from them.

Sakura glanced at Rin who was hunched down as she stared at her phone. She then turned back to Sasori with a smile. "Okay. Thank you Sasori."

"Yeah." Sasori walked off. "Be right back."

Sakura stood up as soon as Sasori was gone and moved towards the troubled nurse.

"Nurse Rin.", she announced her presence.

Rin lifted her head to look at Sakura.

"Sakura. You're still here.", Rin exhaled heavily.

"They had us stay in case we needed to answer some questions. H-how are you holding up?"

Rin shook her head and smiled painfully at her.

Sakura sat down beside her.

She reluctantly tried to pat Rin's back but the young woman immediately hugged her first.

"Thank you for saving him.", Rin whimpered.

"I- I just… did what any other person would've done."

Rin shook her head and held onto Sakura tighter. "I heard what you told the staff. He wasn't even aware he was having a heart attack. Knowing Obito, he would've brushed it off as just symptoms of the flu."

Rin drew herself back. "You called it right and he was lucky you were there when he went into cardiac arrest. If he had collapsed when you weren't around or if someone else had been there instead of you, it would've been too late for him by the time the ambulance got there."

"Come on. Don't say that."

"Sakura. What you know is not common knowledge. And even if it was, other people won't normally be able to think and act calm in situations like that. You executed a proper first-aid response. Something not just anyone can do."

"I…"

"Rin!"

The two girls turned and saw Kakashi and Naruto approaching them. Kakashi was wearing a black long-sleeved turtleneck shirt, straight jeans and a pair of open toed leather sandals. Naruto wore an orange t-shirt, sweat pants and a pair of clogs.

"Sakura-chan?"

Sakura stood up. "Naruto. Kakashi-sensei."

"Is Sasuke on his way.", Kakashi asked Rin.

"Sasuke-kun?", Sakura pardoned.

"Rin nodded."

"Karin too.", said Naruto. "She said she's coming back with Sasuke."

"Haruno? Why are you here?", inquired Kakashi.

"She was with Obito when he- She… saved him.", Rin announced, standing up. "He's alive because Sakura was there when it happened. She did her best to keep his blood circulating until the ambulance arrived at the scene."

"Haruno." Kakashi was both moved and impressed. He couldn't help himself from patting her head too fervently.

"K-Kakashi-sensei?! Your hand's heavy!"

Overwhelmed by joy and relief, Kakshi ended up smiling at her too passionately. "Thank you."

"Er…", Sakura blushed at his proximity.

"Hey! Move away from her." Naruto pulled Kakashi's hand away from Sakura's head. "Don't be creepy."

"S-Sorry." Kakashi stepped away from Sakura and moved towards Rin.

He reached for her shoulder and comforted her the best way he can. "He's going to pull through. I just know it. It's Obito we're talking about here."

Rin nodded. She crossed her arms together and pursed her lips trying her best not to break down.



"Naruto!"~

-Sasuke and Karin saw him first as they arrived.

"Teme!", Naruto waved at them. "We're all here."

"Nurse Rin.", Karin called to her mentor. "Erm… Sakura?"

"Sakura?", Sasuke was obviously not expecting to see her there as well. "What are you doing here?"

"I…"

"Sasuke-kun.", Rin walked towards him.

Sasuke's attention was immediately diverted to Rin.

"Er… Karin. Come with me.", Naruto pulled Karin's arm.

"Huh?!", Karin seemed confused.

"I-It's… It's Dad!", Naruto reasoned. "Yeah. He wanted to talk to you."

"What, right now? Can't it wait?"

"He told me to tell you to come see him as soon as you get back."

"But…"

"Come on. There's nothing much we can do by being here anyway."

"I want to be here for Sasuke-kun."

"He knows that. That's enough. Right Teme?"

"Aa. Thank you Karin."

"I'll get back as soon as I can Sasuke-kun.", said Karin as she reluctantly let Naruto pull her away.

"Yeah. Later Teme. Or just call me if you need anything."

Sasuke nodded at them.

As soon as they were gone, Rin closed the distance between her and Sasuke.

Sakura watched as Sasuke put his arms around Rin, who started crying on his shoulders. He then started gently rubbing at her back, soothing her worries.

Sasuke looked at Sakura as he hushed Rin's cries.

Sakura averted her eyes from Sasuke and went to pick up her purse and Sasori's blazer. She then smiled at Sasuke and Kakashi before taking her leave.

.

.

.

Sakura killed time by hanging around the hospital cafeteria, drinking coffee.

"Haruno."

Sakura turned her head to find Kakashi with his own cup of coffee.

"Kakashi-sensei."

"Mind if I seat with you?"

"No. Go ahead."

"The doctor came a few moments after you left." Kakshi placed his cup of coffee on the table and pulled a chair.

"H-how is… he… doing?"

"For now they connected him to an… ECMO." Kakshi sat down. "I think they're considering an implantable… cardioverter defibrillator."

"I see. Erm… Nurse Rin? And… Sasuke-kun?"

"They went to check on him… in the ICU."

"Oh."

"Thanks for helping him."

"I- I hope he gets better. Uhm~"

"I supposed you have an idea as to who Obito is at this point?", asked Kakashi looking around the cafeteria.

"He's the friend you were talking about before. Sasuke-kun's uncle."

"Yes."

"Nurse Rin seemed really close to him as well."

Kakashi nodded.

"I think… I'm starting to see the whole picture now."

"Hm?"

"Nurse Rin. She's the reason why Sasuke-kun can't live with his uncle anymore isn't she?"

"Y-Yes."

"It must be… really… awkward huh? B-Between the three of them?"

"Yes." Kakashi leaned on the backrest. "Can you imagine how hard it is for me?"

"R-Right."

Kakashi's phone ring.

He pulled out his phone and answered the call. "Sasuke?"

Sakura shifted in her seat upon hearing his name.

"…Okay. I'm coming back now." Kakashi hung up and turned to Sakura. "I have to go Haruno."

"Okay."

"Sasuke asked me to stay with Rin while he talks to his grandfather."

['Grandfather? Oh. Obito-san's uncle. They found him. That's good to hear.']

Kakashi stood up and picked up the coffee cup. He nodded at Sakura before leaving her.

.

.

.

Sakura decided to wait for Sasori outside of the hospital.

As she stepped out of the hospital she saw Sasuke standing near the parking area with an old man.

Sakura proceeded to walk towards one of the planter benches situated near the parking area.

On her way to the bench, she couldn't help but glance at their direction.

Sasuke and his grandfather seemed like they were having a serious discussion.

It didn't even take a minute and Sasuke's grandfather was ready to leave. He patted Sasuke on his shoulder before moving towards the car in front of them.

Sakura walked slower as she recognized the car.

['That car. It's the same one from before. Did those two work for his grandfather all along?']



As soon as the car was leaving the property, Sasuke turned around and saw her looking on.

Sakura stopped and smiled awkwardly. "H-Hey." Sakura waved at him.

Sasuke nodded.

The sound of a motorcycle had them turning their attention towards the main gate.

Sasori drove through the entrance and stopped right in front of them.

Sasuke remained in his position while Sakura approached Sasori.

Sasori didn't bother to turn the engine off. He raised his eye shield. "What's he doing here?", he asked her as soon as she got close.

"He… Uhm…" Sakura glanced at Sasuke and then turned back to Sasori. "That man we helped turned out to be his uncle."

"Really now?", Sasori chuckled. "Seriously?! What a coincidence!"

Sasuke wasn't pleased by Sasori's sardonic tone.

Sasori looked at Sasuke. "I hope your uncle gets well soon."

"Thanks." Sasuke spoke in a passive tone.

Sasori waved Sasuke's gratitude off. "Don't mention it."

Sakura let out a sigh. She then tied Sasori's blazer around her waist. "Let's just go. Okay?", she told Sasori.

Sasori pursed his lips together and seemed like he was considering something. "On second thought…" Sasori killed his engine, set the side stand in place and got off his motorcycle.

"Sasori?", Sakura was puzzled.

He then removed his helmet and walked towards Sasuke.

"S-Sasori."

"Actually…", said Sasori as he moved closer to Sasuke. "How about doing a favor for me in return? Oh wait. Did I just say 'me'? I meant her. Do her a favor."

"Sasori!" Sakura ran after him.

"No. Listen." Sasori looked back at her. "You know, since you're always helping him and all."

"…"

Sasori turned back to Sasuke. "What do you say you call it quits?"

Sasuke just stared back at Sasori.

"Seeing as helping your 'uncle' is worth a lot more than helping you pay for /your rent/, you wouldn't mind if she just stop now would you?"

Sakura pulled Sasori's arm. "This and that are two different things."

"I know but… you've done so much for him these past months. You've done enough. Sasuke understands right?" Sasori turned to Sasuke once again.

"…"

"She doesn't really need to keep working, does she?"

"No!" Sakura retorted. "I can't stop yet. I promised him. I had a deal with Orochimaru-san."

Sasori looked at Sakura. "You can't? Or you won't?", he implored.

"I can't just quit this. And you know why?"

"Damn right I do." Sasori stares at Sasuke. "Hey! Say something will you!"

"Sasori. Stop.", Sakura tried to hush him.

"Screw this." Sasori got impatient with Sasuke's passive reaction. "How much do you owe?"

Sasuke cocked an eyebrow at Sasori.

"How much more do you owe your landlord so I can pay for it?"

"Sasori!" Sakura tried to hold him in place but-

Sasori continued to ignore Sakura. He moved closer to Sasuke, taking out his wallet. "You know what; I'll cover your rent for the rest of the year too." He opened his wallet and started counting some bills.

"Sasori! Stop it.", Sakura took Sasori's wallet out of his hands.

"Look." Sasuke finally spoke. "I don't know what your problem is but-"

"You don't know?" Sasori interrupted. "Bullshit! I think you do."

Sasuke let out a sigh. "I think you need to go."

"No. Nah! I'm trying to settle things here. So, how much money do you need?" Sasori tried to get his wallet back from Sakura.

"I don't need your money."

"Sasori please just stop this." Sakura held Sasori's wallet behind her back.

"No you STOP!", Sasori snarled at her.

"Don't yell at her." Sasuke told him calmly but the demand was obvious in his facial expression.

"Sasuke-kun don't!" Sakura slip away from Sasori and stepped in between the two males.

"No! Let him speak. What was that just now?"

"No. Please." Sakura turned around to face Sasori. "L-Let's just go."

"Only if he tells me what I want to hear."

"You don't get to decide for her.", said Sasuke.

"But you do?!"

"She decides for herself. She can stop anytime or… she can work if that's what she wants to do. For as long as she wants to."

"She'll work as long as you need her to. Tell her it's okay to quit and she'll stop coming to work. Tell her you don't need her anymore and she'll stop talking to you."

"No." Sasuke flat out told him.

"No?! Of course not! Of course you won't. You're just gonna let her work to pay your debt."

"Do yourself a favor. Stop there and save yourself from the embarrassment later on."

"Why don't you do her and yourself a favor/. Get your ass back home and ask your family to pay for your fucking bills so /my Sakura doesn't have to."

"Don't talk like you know me. You don't know a damn thing about me."

"I know you enjoy seeing her go through all of this /for you/? We know she wants to do something nice for you but… seriously, you're just gonna let her solve all your problems for you?!"

Sasuke smirked as he found what Sasori just said funny.

"What's so funny?"

"I'm sorry. I'm loss. At some point we seemed to have started talking about you.", Sasuke implied.

"Sasuke-kun!"

"What was that?", Sasori sneered at Sasuke

"Unlike /you/, I didn't ask her to do any of these things for me."

"But you let her! Because you want her to! RIGHT? You talk big but you're only using Sakura to pay for your debt."

"He's not using me!"

"Right! I'm sorry. Allow me to correct myself. He's not using you. He's just /taking advantage of the fact that you're willing to help him/."

"Sasori Enough!"

"You would know right?" Sasuke taunted. "You know that better than anyone… being… the guy who relies on her /a lot/."

"Say that again?", Sasori dared him.

"No! Sasuke-kun! You stop right there." Sakura glared at him. She then turned to Sasori. "Let's just go okay? /PLEASE/!"

Sakura moved closer to Sasori. She held Sasori's wallet to his chest as she started pulling him away from Sasuke.

Sasori was being stubborn, standing firm on his spot. "No! I'm not going to be the first to walk away."

"/Seriously/?!", Sakura was annoyed.

"I'm not going to give in to this prick.", he maintained.

"Sasori! First of all! This isn't a fight you would win. And second… the stakes aren't equal for the both of you at all. You have nothing to gain from this and he doesn't have anything to lose."

Sasori snorted. "He doesn't have anything to lose?"

"He's not the one I'm about to walk away from in a few seconds if this foolishness doesn't stop here /right now/."

Sasori chuckled.

Sakura glared at him.

Sasori frowned when he realized that she was serious.

"Tck! Fine!" he threw his hands in the air "For you. Just for you."

He kept glowering at Sasuke as he let Sakura pull him towards his motorcycle.

Sasuke also kept glaring back at Sasori even as he made a move to put on his helmet and got on his motorcycle.

Sasori kicked back the side stand, started his engine and then reached for the spare helmet – which was hanging on one of the handle bars.

Sakura rested her hand on Sasori's shoulder as she got on the motorcycle as well. She then had to slide forward closer to Sasori causing the hem of her dress to get drawn back a bit.

Sasori handed her the spare helmet after she adjusted herself on the seat.

As she was putting on the spare helmet, Sasori pulled the dress further down her thighs, all the while glancing at Sasuke.

Sasuke looked away. Sasori smirked.

Sakura took over the task of covering her exposed thighs.

"Ready?", Sasori asked her when he no longer felt her shifting behind him.

Sakura placed both her hands on Sasori's shoulder. "Yes."

She was looking at Sasuke the whole time Sasori made the turn.

Sasuke nodded at her as he stepped back.

By the time the motorcycle got to the road, Sakura saw Sasuke already making his way back into the hospital.

.

.

.

As soon as Sasori parked his motorcycle, Sakura quickly got down and removed her helmet.

"Here. Thanks for the ride as always. And… thanks for the dinner."

"Why are you mad at me?", Sasori questioned Sakura's cold demeanor, as he took the helmet from her.

"Why wouldn't I be? What was that just now? What were you thinking back then? What is wrong with you?!"

"You want me to answer?" Sasori removed his helmet as well. "You're really gonna make me say it?"

"Let's just talk when you're no longer angry." Sakura turned around.

"I'm insecure!", Sasori exclaimed. "There I said it. Sasuke makes me insecure!"

"He makes everyone insecure!" Sakura turned back to him. "He made me feel insecure so many times I-"

"I'm jealous!" Sasori got off his bike.

"…"

"You can't tell me I'm being unreasonable here."

"We… talked about this. I thought I made myself clear?"

"And I thought I could take it! I thought I was over it! I thought I was fine with the idea of you falling for another guy because at the end of the day you chose me but… I'M NOT!"

"Well you didn't have to let him know that! You didn't have to clue him in on how he's affecting /us/. Now he knows that something is wrong with us. Now… /he knows/!"

"So what if he knows? If he's a person who can read the signs then he'll stay away from you."

"You didn't think he tried before? You didn't think /I tried/? I walked away from him before. And back then it could've caused you your thesis! He came to me with the solution to my problem. /Your problem/. And you know what he made sure to tell me back then? That he wasn't a threat to you! To us!"

"That didn't stop you from falling in love with him."

"That's... I... Falling in love with him didn't stop me from choosing you!"

"No! It didn't! The fact that he was in a relationship /stopped you from choosing him/."

"W-Why did you come back Sasori? Why did you come back to me if you weren't ready?!"

"I- I don't want to lose you! I want to fight for you!"

"I don't want to lose you either."

"…"

"Stop being this… /jealous, insecure person/. This isn't you. This isn't like you at all!"

"Oh? Who am I then? /Who am I to you/?"

"…"

"I used to be the most important person to you!"

"Sasori."

"I used to be all that mattered to you! Everything you did was for me/! Just to make /me happy!"

"Yeah." Sakura looked into Sasori's eyes. "That's the only reason why I'm good enough for you right?"

"What?" Sasori was taken aback. "No! That's not-"

"You're right." Sakura move away from him. "Making you happy, Making you proud of me, I made it my priority. I made you my priority… above all else. I- I /picked you/!"

Sasori reached out for her hand. "Sak-"

Sakura pulled her hand away. "Being praised by you, Being complimented by you, It made me feel appreciated. And I thought for once, I didn't have to try so hard. That someone finally thought I was good enough. But I guess… You were only showering me with praises and compliments because you knew that doing so kept me devoted to you."

"I- Sakura-"

"Well you know what? It was never just about /you/! You're not the only one I care about!" Sakura walked away.

"Sakura. Wait!"

Sakura stopped and turned on her heel. "But you were right! Maybe I chose you because Sasuke-kun was already taken - Above any other reason! But there's also a part of me that chose you because I love you. And there's also a part of me that didn't want to lose what I have with you."

"…"

"The irony of that is... We have 'nothing'. You and me? There is no 'us'! And you were the one who decided that this is how it should be. Yes, my love isn't perfect. I was the one with vulnerable heart. But I was also the only one who was trying. I was the only one who was fighting. You were the one who didn't give 'us' a chance."

Sasori lowered his head.

He sighed heavily as he watched Sakura's back moved further away from him.

.

.

.

A/N: The CPR execution was just based on a guide that I read. I'm not an expert. I'm not knowledgeable with medical protocols and procedures either so something (if not the whole thing) may be wrong with the hospital scene. Please don't hate me.
Sign up to rate and review this story