Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Primis

Chapter 15

by Spyash2 0 reviews

A new land. A new place. Sure how he had gotten here was...bad. Which is an understatement. And, sure, he could whine and bitch about the unfairness of it all; but that won't change anything. All h...

Category: Naruto - Rating: G - Genres: Crossover - Characters: Naruto - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2017-10-27 - 5990 words

0Unrated
Primis

Chapter 15

They did turn their backs on Nile Village. As much as Dietrich wanted to go in there and wipe out the dead, they had to make a tactical retreat. Here. Confident in the abilities of herself and her team she may be, but the woman is not stupid. Nile had a population of 1500 to 2000, and said village was due-in for an upgrade to a town because of said population.

They were but four women. Super humans they may be, they're still human. Even they can tire and make mistakes. Going in there without any backup poses a lot of risks and she is not willing to take any risks.

Violet realised something and she peered over her shoulder to look at Nile Village. “There was no one screaming. You don't think everyone's...”

“Let's not think about it.” Lina told her.

Noma nodded in agreement. “Yes. Let's not.”

They all came to an abrupt stop and looked off to their right upon hearing an inhuman howl that sounded like a mixture of a tortured and highly aggravated wolf. They exchanged looks for a moment, before Violet, Lina and Noma all looked to Dietrich expectantly. Being the leader of this party, they'll defer to her choices and decisions.

“We keep going.” Dietrich told them, as she knew what they were thinking. “The quicker we get back to Commander Miria, the faster we can form some kind of response team.”

With that said the women started running at a fast pace back to Rabona. The howling got closer and closer with each passing minute, however, and they all quickly deduced they were being followed by whatever was making those noises.

They were surprised when a thick fog rolled in. It was sudden, its appearance; it just showed up out of nowhere. The air around them lowered in temperature, it became chilling, near winter like. But because of how they were made, the four women were not affected by it at all.

The howl was heard again. Dietrich, Violet, Lina and Noma went into a tight formation with their claymores drawn out by one hand.

That was when they saw it, a pair of orange glowing eyes that seemed to just appear from within. Followed by another, and another, and another, until they were encircled on all sides by over ten of these creatures. The fog to thick for them to make out any defining features of these abominations.

However, there was one clue: the animalistic growl they could hear from one of them. It was almost a canine, no it was a canine. Wild dogs, perhaps?

Then they made a disgusted face and gagged when their nostrils was assaulted by the smell of decay and iron.

It was then Violet saw the fog in her direction disperse slightly; it was just enough for the woman to see what they were up against.

“Oh, god...” she cringed, disgust shown all over her face.

“What is it?” Dietrich demanded, anything to make the former No. 11 like that, had to be bad.

“It looks like whatever killed the residence of the Nile Village can spread to animals too.” the woman answered, sounding as if she were resisting the urge to gag. “We are surrounded by wolves and wild dogs. Most of them are in a state of decay; some look fresh, only a few hours old at most and others appear to have been dead for a few days at least.” she added on in conclusion. She could see the maggots infesting the bites and chunks of missing skin on these animals.

Dietrich narrowed her eyes in determination. “Whatever these things are, they do not use yoki.” the others knew that as well, whatever these things, these unnatural abominations, are they are not yoma. It was like something out of old stories, where the underworld is so full, the dead themselves will start to rise and roam the earth. “Engaging them in this fog would be foolish. They don't seem to be smart, so, wait for the fog to clear up a little, and then engage them. If they attack first, then deal with them. Seeing as they're not yoma we'll be able to take care of them without using yoki.” the former No. 8 told them.

Violet, Lina and Noma all nodded; it may not be the best plan, but given their circumstances fighting these things in this thick fog, separated from everyone else would be stupid...

And so, the silver eyed women stood in the fog, back to back in a good old' fashioned stand-off with their new undead enemy. They waited for the wolves and wild dogs to make their moves, and vice versa.

It was the wolves and wild dogs that broke the stand-off first. With a loud, tortured and agonising howl, the canines leapt into the fray.

With narrowed eyes and an otherwise stoic face, Dietrich, Violet and Lina and Noma held the grip of their claymores with both hands and when the animals came within sword range, the women started slicing and dicing at them without moving from their spot.

All four of them were moving their claymores so fast the canines have not been able to react in time. Before they even knew what had happened, they were already on the ground, sliced and diced into several large and chunks.

Neither women had moved in the short-lived engagement, nor did they get their uniforms dirtied by the blood of the canines. One wolf howled to the skies; it was as if a switch had been flipped, because the second that wolf howled, the rest quickly retreated back into the fog. Which dispersed into the atmosphere moments later.

The silver eyed women all carefully scanned their surroundings. A plain of green lands, plains and mountains the Region of Mucha may be, but give how the fog just flat came out of nowhere, the women knew they could not take any chances when it came to this new enemy. The fog appeared and they came along with it not to long afterwards, and when the canines left, the fog went away with them.

Once she was sure the coast was all clear, Dietrich put her claymore back in its slot. Violet, Lina and Noma did the same. Then they proceeded to Toulouse, where the Holy City of Rabona is, with haste in their step.

X.X.X.X

Meanwhile, located at the border between Lautrec and Toulouse...

Another group of silver-eyed women were busy killing a small army of 200 zombies. Audrey former No. 3, Rachel former No. 5, Nike former No. 15, Clarissa former No. 18 were the same uniform as Dietrich and her party.

The zombies were falling to them in doves as they mindlessly tried to attack them. However, Audrey, Rachel, Clarissa and Nike were swinging their claymores quickly; it was so fast a normal human would have a lot of trouble following.

Entire groups of the walking dead were being reduced to bloody chunks of flesh, bone and muscle in a matter of seconds. And more kept on becoming those chunks as they kept running at them relentlessly. Being at the speed of normal humans however, the silver-eyed women were able to keep to keep themselves one step ahead of the dead.

“Well, one thing's for certain when it comes to these things: they're dumb as fuck!” Rachel exclaimed, a wide and menacing grin was on her lips. The woman let out a battle cry as she sliced a zombie in twain, from head to groin and followed it with two fast slashes that cut it in half again in two places: the chest and thighs.

Audrey smiled, chuckling in amusement at her friend's enthusiasm. She leapt up and flipped over two zombies, and slashed and diced them while she was in mid-air. Their upper bodies were reduced to a bloody mess, while the rest of them fell to their knees and onto their front. Landing in a kneel the woman swiped her sword, slicing off the legs of other zombies by their knees.

Another swipe from Audrey had the blade cut through the side of their heads to the other side. They face-planted and the reason for this is revealed; the top of their skull, along with half of their brains, just below their eyebrows slid off and onto the ground.

“Yes, it seems these things lack intelligence.” Audrey agreed. as she gracefully stood back up. twirling her claymore effortlessly with one hand. She smiled serenely as the zombies converged on her, only for them to fall to the ground with their heads lopped off. Curtsey of Nike and Clarissa who suddenly appeared in-front of her.

“They may be stupid but they have numbers on their side.” Nike said before bringing her plated boot up and stomping on the head of one of the legless zombies Audrey had missed. “Persistent little fuckers too.” she added with a scowl of disgust.

More zombies were chopped to pieces, curtsey of Clarissa who was scowling in disgust. The smell was horrid! But she put up with it. “Where on earth did they come from anyway?” she asked, before slicing and dicing several more. “They just showed up out of nowhere!”

“We can wonder about that, after we kill these fucking things!” Rachel said in exclamation; with a yell she leapt up in the air, claymore raised above her head, and brought it down on a zombie as gravity took hold. She cleaved the walking corpse in twain, and sliced off the heads of three more zombies. She took regrouped with her comrades' and looked at the remaining corpses still relentlessly running towards her and the others.

They were impeded a bit by the bits and pieces of the diced and sliced corpses. And the walking dead was beginning to thin out too. Audrey squinted her eyes as she took in the amount of bodies left in their wake. They had managed to kill a near quarter of the small army. That's good. If they kept this up, this small army of running, shambling corpses would be dealt with in an hour or less.

In Audrey's mind this is a good thing – if they are able to take them out, here and now, then they would be able to report to Commander Miria in Rabona. She had to know of this, immediately.

She took a deep breath, steeled her eyes, and rushed into the fray. Many zombies suddenly had blood spraying from their bodies, before bits and pieces of them fell to the ground.

Rachel, Nike and Clarissa followed their Captains example. The inhuman cries of the damned, and the doomed, echoed for a mile. But would, ultimately, go on unheard.

X.X.X.X

Back in Rabona, one day later.

It was midday in the Holy City and Naruto was by himself, sitting on the roof of the building he was staying in for the moment.

“Nervous, are we young Namikaze?”

Said blond almost jumped out of his own skin at the unexpected question from Takeo. Unexpected, because the sixteen-year-old was distracting himself by looking out at the horizon. Turning, Naruto was not at all surprised to see the man was not out of his crusader armour. He had his currently inactive Staff of fire strapped to the back of the cuirass he was wearing.

“A little, yes.” with a dampening of his lip Naruto returned to looking out at the horizon. “I...” he began, only to stop with a sigh.

Takeo took a seat beside the teenager and looked out at the horizon with him. “Go on.” he prompted; the man knew there was something on the young man's mind.

Naruto sighed again. “I just... don't see how your Naruto, thinks I would be good enough to help you. I'm no soldier.” he told the man in admittance.

Takeo chortled with amusement as he sat down beside the teenager. “Berieve it or not, but Richtofen is not a sorider.”

Naruto looked at him with wide eyes. “He's not?”

“No. Richtofen is what you would carr... a researcher.” the man revealed, “When the enemy appeared so rong ago, Richtofen had no combat experience whatsoever. Then he found me, Nikorai was next and Dempsey was rast. Young Uzumaki did not become affricted with us untir much rater. And when we found him he was around your age, perhaps a little younger. He was skirred with his weapons but he had no combat experience. Not unrike us.”

Naruto stared ahead of him, as he creased his brow in deep thought. “So... you took Uzumaki and got him some experience in fighting?” the teenager asked as he looked back at the man beside him.

Takeo nodded confirmedly. “Yes. That was why he said what he did. You arready have the experience in fighting the herrspawn. You are in a much better position than he was, when we first found him and made him into what he is today.”

Naruto after hearing all of that, suddenly became inspired. The blond looked at Takeo and asked. “Is it possible for you to teach me?”

Takeo thoughtfully stroked his bearded chin before looking at the teenager. “It depends. What areas are you racking most in?” the man asked him.

“Well...” Naruto started; he held out his right hand and to Takeo's astonishment Ancients Wrath manifested itself in his palm. “I have this...”

“Ancients Wrath...” Takeo muttered in disbelief. Hearing him name his sword Naruto looked at the man with surprise, who chuckled at the look he was giving him. “Yes. I know the name of your sword. It is not the first weapon of the Ancients I have encountered.”

When Takeo made a seemingly innocent gesture to his staff weapon, Naruto took a look at it. And look at it he did. The blond narrowed his eyes with suspicion. “Your staff is a weapon of the Ancients, isn't it?”

“Indeed, it is, young Namikaze.” Takeo looked at his staff from across the shoulder. “It was gifted to us during the finar battre of the Ord Worrd. Once the war for our worrd was over, and everything had to be rebuirt, Dempsey, Nikorai, Richtofen and myself have kept them in our possession ever since. Even to our graves.”

With that explanation given Takeo gave the blond an expectant look. For for said look to turn to confusion, and then bewilderment upon seeing the mechanical European sword, getting swapped out for Wrath of the Ancients; a bow that was made of bone and a mysterious adhesive.

“Another weapon of the Ancients... The Wrath of the Ancients. A weapon I have not seen for years! You, young Namikaze, are furr of surprises.” his decision made Takeo nodded to himself and stood him. “Yes. With these, I berieve, there are some things I- no, we, can teach you.” Takeo held out his hand for the blond to take, and take it Naruto did.

“What's first?” Naruto asked as Takeo pulled him to his feet.

“Finding Nikorai, Dempsey and Richtofen.” Takeo told him and with Naruto giving him a confused look, the man elaborated. “While they may not be as skirred as myserf, when it comes to the brade, they are adapt with it. The same goes for us using Wrath of the Ancients.”

“I can get behind that.” the blond said as he dismissed his bone bow.

With that said Naruto and Takeo both got down from the roof and went on their way to locate the rest of the Primis Group. The former followed after the latter since the older man was the one leading.

“So where are the others?” Naruto asked the older man.

“They are outside the city warrs.” Takeo answered, he pointed at the Staff of Fire with his thumb adding. “Our weapons are... not to be used within crosed spaces. Too destructive.”

Well that certainly explained why they were heading to the city walls. And it made a whole lot of sense too now that he thought about it. He may not know what the staves are capable of but he had a feeling they were very dangerous to use in enclosed spaces. And it wasn't because Takeo said they were. Naruto really thought if the staffs were used indoors, then the entire building would either collapse on top of their heads or something more disastrous, like starting a city-wide fire.

Near an hour later Takeo and Naruto were finally outside of the city walls. Naruto saw Dempsey, Nikolai and Richtofen were standing in a semicircle, and like Takeo had their staffs slung on their backs. They didn't notice their approach as they were far into their discussion, that the blond had managed to hear the end of.

“...ombies are heading here?” Dempsey asked Richtofen partially through his question.

“Ze likelihood of zem coming here is likely.” the German answered.

“Not very likely? Not certain?” Nikolai questioned.

Richtofen shook his head no. “Nein. You remember ze undead are mindless creatures. Zey vill be here, but not anytime soon.” the German let out a frustrated sigh. “Really ze realistic time of zere arrival here is a mere month or two. Ve have time to prepare but it is not long.”

Richtofen, Dempsey and Nikolai looked to Takeo and Naruto when the former made themselves known.

“This city has sordiers protecting its warrs. They arso have numbers on their side, but as far as we know they do not have the suppries to rast a siege for more than a month.”

“And we have possible refuges heading here too.” Nikolai sighed.

Takeo nodded as he and Naruto stood with the group. “And what is worse: many of them may be infected.”

“Hey, kid.” Dempsey greeted Naruto Namikaze, with Richtofen and Nikolai both sending a nod of acknowledgement his way. “What brings you out here with Takeo?”

“I have taken it upon myserf to train young Namikaze in the ways of the brade.” Takeo answered the man in Naruto's stead.

THAT got the men to fully turn around to look at the Asian in bewilderment and surprise. He's actually taking on an apprentice? This soon after being revived?

Dempsey exchanged looks with both Russian and German men. Then he looked back towards' Takeo and questioningly asked. “I'm not arguing, or insulting both you or the kid, Tak – but I gotta ask: why?”

“Young Namikaze, has both Ancients Wrath and Wrath of the Ancients in his possession.”

To prove Takeo Masaki was not lying to them at all, Naruto held his right arm out and watched the expressions on the faces of Dempsey, Nikolai and Richtofen turn from skeptical to wide eyed disbelief, when they saw both weapons materialise in the palm of his hand.

“Holy shit; weapons of the Keepers...” Dempsey exhaled. Then he gave the blond a look. “Where the hell did you find them?”

Naruto shrugged cluelessly as he willed the Bone Bow away. “You're guess is as good as mine. I have no idea where they came from.” the blond revealed to the men; he frowned thoughtfully as he thought back to when the other Naruto's busted him out of that facility. “Though I have a suspicion; I never had these weapons before. The only time I found out about them was one month after the other Naruto's rescued me from getting cut open.”

“Really?” Richtofen asked and when the teenage boy nodded Richtofen rubbed his chin thoughtfully. “I believe zey must have given zem to you vithout you knowing.” the German theorised.

“I'm thinking that myself.” Naruto said; then he gave Richtofen, Dempsey and Nikolai a hopeful look as he crossed his arms. “So, do you think you can help me?”

The men exchanged looks again and with a nonchalant shrug Dempsey gave Naruto a smirk. “Why the hell not. I'm not an expert like Takeo, but having to fight thousands of zombies did force me to adapt. I'm sure you can pick up a few things me from me.”

“Eh. I will give pointers. Not as good at using sword. Bow on other hand is more within my limits.” Nikolai said with a nonchalant shrug.

“I vill help vhere I can.” Richtofen promised the blond.

Takeo nodded in approval at gaining the aid of his comrade in arms. Then he turned to face Naruto and grasped the hilt of his katana and slowly pulled it out of its scabbard. Nikolai, Dempsey and Richtofen all made space for the man and teenager and watched on in silence, as Naruto with prompting from Takeo, brought Ancients Wrath back out again.

“What kind of sword is that?” Naruto asked as he and Takeo took a stance. Takeo with his sword held up, horizontally above his shoulder with the tip pointing forward. Naruto had Ancients Wrath in the middle, with the hilt held to the side in front of his hip and had the tip of the sword pointing at Takeo's chest.

“That is a katana.” Dempsey answered.

Takeo went into more detail however. “A Muramasa brade to be exact. It has been in my famiry for generations. Rong ago, the smith who created these brades, was said to be viorent and irr-baranced. It was said those traits was passed onto his brades due to their sharpness. So very rong ago, they were berieved to hunger for brood and imper their warrior to commit murder or suicide. Not anymore however, as the Muramasa brades have been forgotten to time.”

Then Takeo took a step forward and made a single thrust at Naruto. Naruto took a step back and parried the straight forward attack. Takeo quickly recovered and took a similar stance to Naruto, holding the sword in the middle with the hilt held in front of his stomach and the tip pointing at Naruto's neck.

Takeo took a step forward and jabbed and slashed at Naruto who in turn did his best to dodge or parry the slashes and jabs. Then Takeo withdrew and skilfully twirled his katana with one hand before grabbing the hilt with both hands once more.

“Good refrex, reaction time is good as werr.” Takeo complimented the blond as he and Naruto began to circle one another.

“I'm sensing a 'but' coming up.” the blond stated as he took the time to regain his breath.

Takeo let out an amused chuckle. “'But', your stance is rigid. Stiff. The grasp on your sword is to tight. Roosen it, arrow your muscres to rerax and you wourd be abre to react quicker.” the man told the much younger and less experienced blond.

Naruto took Takeo's advice and allowed his body to relax a little. Then he went on the offensive and tried to slash from the left and right sides. Takeo easily deflected both slashes and went on the offensive, forcing Naruto to defend himself from the man's attack.

Naruto dashed to the left, Takeo dashed to the right, both were well within reach of each other. Then the the latter swiftly brought his katana above his head before bringing it down, the former likewise responded in a similar matter, by bringing his long sword up to meet the sharp end of the katana midway.

Takeo and Naruto both ended up in a deadlock where the former was slowly making the blond's knees buckle from the man's superior strength. Naruto bared his teeth and as his arms trembled from the seemingly overwhelming force Takeo was putting in. With a growl the blond pushed back and broke out of the deadlock; Naruto took several steps back and regained his bearings. Takeo on the other hand, had a stoic look on his face as he casually circled the blond, who turned in place to face him.

The man was good Naruto had to admit. He wasn't taking him seriously, and while a lot of people would be pissed off at not being taken seriously at all, the blond was quite glad for it. The man was teaching him after all. There was no need to beat him into the ground. Not yet at least.

“He's doing pretty good.” Dempsey said as Takeo and Naruto went back to slicing and dicing each other.

“Yes. Naruto is improving as well. Is slow going but is improving.” Nikolai added with a look of approval. Then he, Dempsey and Richtofen all flinched when Takeo kicked Naruto in the stomach causing the blond to stagger back from the sheer unexpectedness of it.

“That has to hurt.” Dempsey said in sympathy, watching as Naruto sidestep as Takeo purposely overextended his lunge. The blond grabbed Takeo's gauntlet, and pulled the older man with his momentum before turning and throwing him away.

Takeo and Naruto both took their stances again, before they re-engaged their swordplay.

This would continue for a few hours.

X.X.X.X

When they were finished a heavily breathing Naruto sitting on the ground, exhausted. His sword arm was so tired it felt like jelly and his legs were shaking from the amount of moving and enduring they had to go through.

An out of breath Takeo twirled his Muramasa katana for the last time, before placing it back into its scabbard.

“You fought werr, young Namikaze.” Takeo complimented the blond, as he too took a seat on the ground with a tired grunt. The man didn't realise how tired his legs were until he planted his ass on the ground.

“T-thanks.” Naruto replied, as he caught his breath, the blond looked at the more experienced swordsman and asked. “So, what's the verdict? Do I need to work in that?”

Takeo grunted as he brought one knee up and rest his arm on it. “Yes. You are stirr inexperienced when it comes to the use of a brade.” the man answered and added as a word of advice. “Doing this wourd increase your skirrs, and experience.”

“The man knows what he's talking about kid.” Naruto looked at Dempsey who sat on the ground followed by Nikolai and Richtofen. The American casually pointed at the city and said. “Hell, those silver eyed women with claymores would tell you the same thing.”

“You may know how to use sword,” Nikolai said to the blond. “but you do not know 'how' to use sword.” he added with an extra emphasis on the second “how” word.

“In other words: you know how to hold a sword, but you don't know how to use it.” Dempsey said for clarification, since the man felt Nikolai wasn't being explanatory enough.

“Of course, I do,” countered Naruto, “you stick 'em with the sharp end, right?” his answer got a chortle out of Dempsey and Nikolai an amused smile from Richtofen and an exasperated sigh from Takeo. “What? I'm not wrong.” the blond told them.

“True. You're not wrong.” Dempsey agreed.

“There is more to 'sticking people with sharp end'.” Nikolai said as he crossed his arms. “But is how most people are dispatched.” he then added with a nonchalant shrug. He couldn't fault Naruto for thinking that way, since it is the most common way people tend to die. By being impaled and ran through, or getting a deep gash across the stomach that would leave you to bleed out.

“This is kinda random,” Dempsey started, prompting everyone else to look at him with curiosity. “but if there's one thing I miss from our time period it has to be sports.”

Takeo chortled at the random topic, but was grateful for it. “Ah. Cuju. How I miss it. If onry there was a way to pray it again.” he said reminiscently.

“Now that you mention it, wasn't that supposed to be the earliest form of football or something?” Dempsey asked the Asian; he had been told through word of mouth that China had practically invented the sport, since it dated all the way back in to the 2nd to 3rd century or something.

He knew it was still being played before the Second Human-Apothicon war that all but destroyed the Old World. But Dempsey has no idea if the sport even existed in this time period. He's betting on it not being known.

“It was.” Takeo confirmed. “I wourd not mind praying footbarr either however.”

“I like sport you called 'Dodgeball'.” Nikolai admitted, he chuckled as he added. “get hit on ankle and you're out. Good at testing one's awareness and stamina.”

“Dodgeball vas a favourite of mine as vell.” Richtofen admitted with a reminiscent look on his face. “Football, I once dabbled in. Vas not good at it. But dodgeball vas more my favourite.”

“I liked baseball. I had one hell of a throwing arm too. And if I wanted to, I could have gone pro; but the military was my calling. I did dabble in football as well with the force when I was off duty.” Dempsey revealed to them.

“Back home, when I was younger, I used to play catch with my sisters called Mine and Fuyu when I was four years old.” Naruto revealed to them; then he let out a nostalgic sigh. He missed those days, back when they were all a family. “We had to play it by using a small, smooth stone that would be tossed between us.”

“Catch, eh?” Dempsey mused aloud. “Seems that game stayed around after all this time.” the man let out a quiet yawn and looked around the environment for a moment. “I wouldn't mind playing catch to be honest.”

Naruto looked at their environment as well and said. “Well there's plenty of rocks lying about.” he looked at the dark-haired man. “Want help finding a good one?”

“Sure.”

X.X.X.X

Meanwhile in Rabona, Helen was wandering the streets by herself. The woman was wondering where Naruto and the Primis Group had gotten off to. Neither of them were seen for hours and she was getting a little worried. Deneve was beside her, looking bored and unbothered, but Helen knew better. The way her eyes would quickly dart from left to right, the worried drumming of her fingers on her arm.

Her best friend was worried as well.

Then Deneve sighed and went off in a random direction, prompting Helen to stop walking and look at her questionably.

“Deneve? Where are you going?” the woman asked her.

Deneve held up a hand with one finger raised. Helen understood immediately and watched in silence as her friend began asking people in the area about Naruto and the wayward Primis group. A couple of people pointed to the city walls and Deneve nodded her head in thanks, before making her way back to Helen.

At her friend's expectant look Deneve said. “The last time they saw them, they were heading to the city walls. So, chances are they're on the battlements or they're outside.”

“Oh! Then what're we waiting for? Let's go!” with a cheer Helen started walking over to the city gates with a more cheerful disposition out into it.

Sighing with exasperation showing on her face, Deneve shook her head before following after her. She couldn't help but let a small smile pull at her lips in amusement at the way her friend was acting, before wiping it off her mug before anyone could see it.

When they got outside the city the two hybrids took a quick look around. It didn't take them long to find the wayward group. They were a fair distance out – 20 yards. One was sitting on the ground, watching as Naruto casually tossed and caught an object being thrown to each other.

Curious the women made their way over to them and the closer they got the better they could hear them talk, and see what they were tossing to each other.

“...only game you have back home?” they heard Dempsey ask.

“Yeah.” they heard Naruto answer. The blond caught the stone, a pebble from its size, and tossed it to Nikolai as he added. “I wonder if there's a way to make a football or something. I think playing with that would be really fun.”

“Dodge ball or football?” Dempsey asked catching the pebble tossed to him by Nikolai before passing it on to Richtofen.

“Why not both?” the blond casually answered, catching the pebble next and passing it back to Nikolai, who proceeded to toss it to Dempsey.

“Good point.” Dempsey replied with a shrug; he proceeded to toss the pebble to Richtofen. The German caught the pebble with one hand, and tossed it back to Naruto.

As they stared on in bemusement Helen leaned to her friend and asked in a low tone. “...Deneve, what are they talking about?”

Said woman shrugged in befuddlement. “I... think they're talking about a game? I dunno.” she answered; both Deneve and Helen exchanged looks.

Looking back at Naruto and the other men Helen walked over and asked aloud, “What are you all doing?”

They were unsurprisingly startled; Naruto looked at Helen and completely missed catching the pebble that landed at his feet. The blond quickly recovered from his surprise and as Naruto grabbed the pebble he replied. “We're playing catch and talking about stuff.”

“Really?” Helen said in an inquiring tone. While she's not all that serious in talking and stuff the woman could see an opportunity to ask questions or get information when she saw one. The short-haired woman came to a stop beside her fellow blond and looked to the other men. “Can Deneve and I join?” she requested.

“Sure, the more the merrier.” Dempsey answered.

Nodding in thanks Helen and Deneve joined the semicircle; the former looked around curious as to what to do. “So how does this work?” she asked with a look of expectation.

Nikolai was the one to answer. “We talk about whatever you want.” there was a moment of silence as he caught the pebble Naruto tossed to him. “Within reason of course.” he added, just before he tossed the pebble to Richtofen.

“Alright,” Helen paused momentarily to catch the pebble in befuddlement; she looked around, unsure of what to do next, before she tossed it to Naruto. “I know you told me and Deneve about your family Naruto back in Pieta. But it's been like 7 years since then. Can you refresh my memory?”

Not seeing any harm in that Naruto agreed. “Alright. My dad is the leader of my town and a war hero. My mum's a former commander and a war hero herself.” he said before passing the small, and smooth stone to Deneve after looking at her. After that he continued, “I have two sisters - named Mine and Fuyu – who are commanders in the military as well. They're well known where I came from.”

“And you were the odd one out of them. I remember that.” Helen said with remembrance showing on her face. “It was because you weren't... good at anything, right? Your failure to meet their expectations?”

“Yeah. Pretty much.” the blond answered.

“Do you hate your parents for selling you to the Organization?” Deneve asked after tossing the pebble back to Naruto.

Naruto took a moment to think to himself; his experiences in that horror filled mirror dimension of his home had given him... perspective. Everything that happened to him had caused the blond to re-think on his life's choices.

And he came to a realization, that had gone forgotten, up until now...

“...No. I don't hate them. I'm angry to the degree of wanting to punch them either in the face or stomach; but I don't hate them. Not anymore at least.” Naruto finally answered as he tossed the pebble to Richtofen.

With each question being asked by Helen and Deneve, the more the group got to know the youngest of the Namikaze siblings. This would keep for a while longer until they realise they were outside of Rabona's walls for the better part of the day.

As the old saying goes: time flies when you're playing games.
Sign up to rate and review this story