Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Scarlet Record

Wolves and Children

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Tsuzuki and Hisoka run into two more souls just when they finished the previous two. But first, they have to catch them and deal with hunters.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Hisoka,Tsuzuki - Published: 2017-10-28 - 784 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Twenty: Wolves and Children:

We didn't do anything wrong. The shinigami found us. Why does everyone keep chasing us? We just want to see our mom.

-11:00 a.m.-

We were caught by accident. Juichi fell from behind the trash bin. By the time I tried to pull him back, the shinigami saw us.

"Hisoka," the one in the trench coat said. The younger one nodded. They began walking towards us. My little eyes widened.

Oh no. Not again. Why can't they leave us alone?

"You can't stay here," the younger shinigami said. I shook my head.

"No…" I said.

"I'm sorry," the man in the trench coat said. "You're hurting innocent people by staying. You have to come with us."

"No," I said. "No, go away!" I grabbed my brother and ran.

"Come back here!" the man in the trench coat shouted. We didn't look back. They were no different from those hunters.

We used to be happy. Mama, Papa, Juichi, and I were a close family. There were problems, but we were happy.

Sadly, it fell apart. Daddy left us. Mama tried not to cry.

"It's okay," she said. "We will be okay. We can make it. We don't need him." Mama made it work out.

But then, we died in an accident.

I didn't stop running. Make them go away. Make them go away!

"Mayuko-chan!"

I tightly shut my eyes. Not them too.

"Nee-san," I heard in my arms. I peeked down. Juichi looked up at me.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Put me down," he said. His words struck something in me.

"No."

"Put me down."

"Why?"

"We can't keep running?"

"What do you mean?" Juichi never complained—not in life or death. My brother lowered his head.

"I'm tired," he said.

"What are you saying?" I asked.

"Mayuko-chan!" I heard again. I turned around. It's them again.

I gulped.

-Hunters-

I took a smoke of my cigarette.

"Found you!" I said. She clutched her brother as tight as she could.

"No!" the brat screamed. "Go away! Why can't you leave us alone?" I all but laughed.

"Don't you see?" I asked.

"No," she said. I grinned.

"Money."

"What?"

"Money. Do I have to spell it out? Money. Money. Money. I love money. And you will make me tons! Boys!" My men chased down the two children right in front of us. I grinned like a wild animal. This was it. Big payoff time! I see that money raining on me right away. The brat huddled over her brother and shut her eyes. Yes, cry all you want. Your heads are mine!

Bang!

What the-?! All I could see were flames. My boys rolled over on the ground, screaming. I tried to look through the flames. Those brats had disappeared. Damn it! Not today! I ran in the direction I heard their footsteps.

-Mayuko-

The shinigami in the trench coat drew out a fuda and a giant firebird came out. When there were flames everywhere, the shinigami grabbed my brother and me by the hands. We ran through the streets.

"Wait!" I screamed. "Where are you taking us? Let us go!"

We can't," the younger shinigami said. "You have to come back with us."

"No!" I cried. "We want to go home! Let go!"

"Nee-san," Juichi said.

"What?!" I cried. He looked at me with big eyes.

"Let's just stop," he said. "I'm tired of running." I looked at him.

"No way," I said. "You can't mean that." His words truly hurt me. I froze before I could speak. A muscled hand reached out and grabbed my wrist. I screamed as that hunter tried to pull me away.

"You're coming with me!" he shouted.

"No!" I cried. "No! No! No!"

"Let her go!" the trench coat man shouted. He pulled out another fuda and placed it on the bad man's hand. He let go, screaming.

"Fuck!" the hunter yelled. But he wouldn't give up. I shut my eyes and tried to keep up.

"Now do you see?" the younger shinigami asked. I opened my eyes and looked up. He stared at me out of pity.

"They won't stop chasing you if you stay out like this," he said. "You have to go back of this will never end." I trembled and turned to Juichi.

"I'm tired of this," he said. "Let's just stop." It all hurt.

"But what about Mama?" I asked.

"Let her move on," he said. "She's had enough."

"But…"

"Please?"

I drew my mouth closed. So that's it then? All that way for nothing? I lowered my eyes.

"I'm tired too," I confessed. "Let's go back." The shinigami led us to the main street.

Three souls left
Sign up to rate and review this story