Categories > Original > Romance

Lost Love

by JadeHathawy 0 reviews

She was given away as a baby and put into a fate she doesn't want. Alexis has to try to find her parents and find out exactly what she is. Traveling with Tristen, Oramis, and Hannah, she learns mor...

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy - Warnings: [V] [X] - Published: 2017-10-29 - 22624 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 1: Lost parents and new memories


Carol's long white hair flows in the wind as she runs, jumping over fallen limbs and boulders. She is holding a small baby close to her chest protectively. She slows down once she gets to the top of a hill, waiting for her lover to catch up. It isn't long till he meets her, standing next to her. He looks around, his red eyes full of hate, watching for any pursuers.
"They are almost here." He warned her.
"Okay. We must hurry then Lucifer." She replied, tears starting to form.
They both run down the hill to a small town. Awaiting them was a delicate looking woman. Her hazel eyes shown clearly as she held up the lantern. Her pink hair would constantly get blown in her face. It isn't long until Carol and Lucifer meet her. Devastated by what she must do, Carol hands the baby over to the woman but not before she places a heart-shaped locket around the baby's neck.
"Elizabeth, please take care of Alexis." Carol said, wiping away the tears that are now flooding her eyes. Elizabeth nodded as Carol and Lucifer ran to the forest, away from the town. Elizabeth holds the baby comfortingly while walking back into the town. An explosion shakes the ground, engulfing most of the forest, where the young parents ran to, in flames. That would be the last time Elizabeth would see them again.
~15 years later~
Alexis has grown up with Elizabeth, her husband Trey, and her son Ethan. Not wanting for Alexis to remember or know about her past, Elizabeth told her nothing about her parents. Instead, she pretended to be Alexis's mother. She told her that she was born into the family and told her that her name is Jolie.
"Jolie! Come on, we need to practice!" Ethan yelled upon greeting Jolie as she left her bedroom. They are both going to sword practice. They ran through town, avoiding kids playing and large puddles from last night's rain. It's early and the sky looks like orange sherbert with a little pink. The now rising sun is greeted by the love songs of birds that fly overhead. As Ethan and Jolie walk into the sparring room, they realize no one is there.
"Should we just start practicing?" Jolie asks. Ethan nods and throws her a wooden sword from the corner of the room. Both began fighting, beads of sweat slowly forming on their foreheads from the vigorous workout. Its only 30 minutes into practice when the town bell sounds. It only rings when there is an emergency so this took both teens by surprise. They both left the practice room to find that the small town was being attacked by vampires. They quickly grabbed real swords and help with fighting off the vampires.
After helping others with fighting, Jolie sees a young girl being chased by a vampire near the Evergreen Forest. She runs over to defend the child, allowing her to escape. Jolie can see the blood lust in the vampires cold gray eyes. He begins backing her into the forest.
"It's nice to see you once again Alexis." Says a monotone voice from behind her. She turns around to be greeted by a tall vampire with dark red eyes. His long black hair is covering half of his face.
"Do you know where your parents are?" He says, smirking now.


Chapter 2: Vampire Attack
"My name is Jolie." She said, confused be the strangers greeting. The vampire that backed her towards the forest is now licking his lips, trying to decide where he should bite her first.
"Tell me 'Jolie', where are Carol and Lucifer? I have been looking for them for quite some time now. It took me forever to find you..." He eyed her curiously.
"I don't know about those people." She replied, backing away. He reaches out to grab her but is quickly stopped by a sword that is now piercing his hand. He winced, pulling back and finds a boy standing protectively beside Jolie. She looks over at her savior with wide eyes. His golden hair covers part of his face but reveals eyes as blue as the afternoon sky. The vampire that was about to grab her glared at the blond with a challenging look before running away, further I the forest.
"Thank you." Jolie said, smiling gratefully. Ignoring her, he killed the other vampires around her. Before she could thank him again, he turned towards her with a look of disapproval. Before he had a chance to say anything, a scream followed by loud cries were heard near the town church. Jolie quickly ran to see what was going on but was soon full of regret. In front of her lied the soulless body of the man she thought was her father. By his side was Elizabeth, crying over her husband's death. Jolie started walking over to comfort her but stopped once she saw blood coming out of Elizabeth's mouth. Elizabeth collapsed, revealing a dagger in her back. Jolie looked towards where the dagger was thrown from and met the gaze of the man that had saved her.


Chapter 3: Lost in the Forest
The one that had saved me is a killer..."
That was all that was going through her mind. He quickly ran away into the woods with Alexis hot on his trails. Sadly she wasn't as fast as him and ended up losing him in the dense forest but she still kept going. She has been out for hours in pursuit of the murderer. As stars start to fill the sky, she decides to take a break and rest underneath a hollowed out tree. While trying to catch her breath, Alexis watches Lantern Butterflies dancing around a purple orchid. They had gotten that name because once the sun sets, the butterflies start to glow different colors. Her favorite was the blue ones not only because it has a sort of twilight color to it but it would shift to different shades of blue every so often. It isn't long till she starts to fall asleep.
I am going to let you make up the dream. Let's just say though that it is one of her time with her 'fake' parents
"- up now." Alexis starts to slowly wake up. "Get up now young lady!" She quickly jumps to her feet and looks into of eyes of an elf. He smiled warmly and moved his long silver hair behind his pointed ears. "It's about time you woke up. Why are you sleeping outside?" He asked.
"I-I ... Um, I was looking for someone..." She stammered, surprised by the sudden appearance. She looks around and soon realizes that she had fallen asleep. He is probably long gone by now... she thought to herself. She sighed, disappointed that she wasn't able to catch the cold-hearted killer. But that wasn't going to stop her from trying to find him.
"You look really pale, how about you come over to my place. Maybe you can explain to me who you are looking for?" The elf asked. "By the way, my name is Oramis. What's yours?" Oramis asked as he started walking away, signaling for Alexis to follow.
"My name is Jolie..." She states, following behind him. She has never met an elf and is quite fascinated by him.
"What a sweet name... Jolie." He looks back at her and tilts his head, smiling before taking her hand and quickening the pace. I light blush crept up her neck at the sudden contact but soon faded as she continued to follow the mysterious stranger.
"What brings you to Midnight Woods?" He asked as they entered a small house that was hidden by overgrown bushes and long branches.
"My town... it was attacked by vampires." She looked away. "My parents died and I was after their killer." She shifted from side to side uncomfortably. An awkward silence filled the small house.
"Sorry." He apologized. Trying to get rid of the awkwardness, Oramis decides to walk to his kitchen and make some tea. "So I see that you have a sword with you... do you know how to wield it?" He asked, handing her a cup of green tea.
"I sorta do. I was taught how but I wouldn't say I am very good at it." She answered, a little embarrassed.
Oramis looked at her with a smile spreading across his face. "How about I teach you then?"
Chapter 4: A Tiring Practice
lexis followed the elf to the front of his house. Coming to an abrupt stop, he handed her a stick.
"Why a stick? Don't you have any wooden swords... or real swords?" She asked, confused by his actions.
"I will not let you use a real sword until you can fight properly with a stick." He replied, looking at her sternly.
She sighed but reluctantly got into her fighting stance, holding out the stick in front of her but kept a tight grip on it. Oramis looked relaxed and started walking towards her. She tried to attack him but he quickly dodged and tripped her. She sat up and rubbed her back.
"Oww..." She muttered.
"You're too slow and you have no balance what's so ever." He told her, helping her up.
Again, Alexis got into her fighting stance and ran towards him, aiming for his waist but he shifted to the side and swept her feet out from under her once again. Clicking her tongue in annoyance, she got up on her own, pushing away the elf's helpful hand. 'I can't believe this. I was always so good when fighting in the town. He's just so fast... I can't keep up.' She thought to herself. Tightening her grip on the bark, she went after him again.
They continued to practice for the rest of the day until the sunset. A few fireflies had already started to come out to join in on the cricket choir was heard all around. Alexis rubbed her arms, legs, and back due to the soreness. She had bruises littering her body from her constant falls. Oramis didn't even try to hold back. As they were walking back to his house, Oramis would quickly look over at her and then look away, inspecting her features. She never noticed and kept walking.
"There is a spare room down the hall. You can stay there. Make sure though that you wake up at 6 so we can practice."
She nodded in response. Once Alexis had gotten to her room as her eyes started drooping. Sounds of wolves howling outside were heard now. She crawled over to the bed but once she laid her head down, sleep quickly overcome her. Her dreams consisted of the memories of her parents dying.
While she slept, Ethan was with the town's people, burying the fallen bodies. He hasn't realized of his sister's disappearance yet. He is struggling with trying to decide whether or not to tell Alexis about who she really is and who her real parents are. "What will she do? How will she react? What will she say?" Those thoughts kept going through his mind. "Was keeping her safe worth the loss of his parents? Why would they continue to protect her, knowing that they will die because of it?" He sighed in frustration but came to an agreement with himself. "I am going to tell her tomorrow."


Chapter 5: The Truth
Alexis had awoken to the sunlight peeking through the window curtains, shining on her face. As she sat up in bed, Oramis walked in.
"It's time to get up, your 30 minutes late." He stated, glaring at her.
"I don't understand why we have to wake up so early..." She said, rubbing her eyes while yawning.
"Because you need all the practice you can get." He said bluntly. "By the way, what was your purpose again for being out in the woods?" He asked with a curious expression.
Alexis sighed before beginning. "The town that I had lived in was attacked by vampires. I was fighting this one vampire that seemed to be in charge, he asked me a weird question, I was saved by another guy, my savior killed my parents and so I went looking for him.... I guess I fell asleep in the woods.." She looked away. "I was wanting to get revenge."
There was a long silence before Oramis spoke up. "What did the vampire ask of you?"
Alexis looked at him a little confused. "He asked where Carol and Lucifer where... I don't even know who those people are. He asked if I know where my parents were which I think is pretty weird since he was at the same place as my parents and then he called me Alexis when my name is Jolie."
His eyes widened after hearing what the vampire had said. He quickly averted his gaze from here and looked towards the window. "You should go and get your things. You will be staying here. Do it quickly and bring only essentials like clothing."
"Why should I?" She asked.
"Your town may be attacked again and if you want to get revenge then you will need to learn how to fight. The only proper way for that to happen is if you stay here and let me teach you. Or would you rather let your parents killer get away?" He asked, now facing her once again.
She nodded and walked out of the house with Oramis close behind. "She is the daughter of Carol... this isn't good.." He thought.
As the both of them entered the town, Alexis was welcomed by her brother with a suffocating hug. "Where were you!?" He asked, anger clear in his tone.
"Sorry." She said sheepishly.
He sighed and noticed Oramis. "Who are you?" He asked but backed away once he noticed that Oramis was an elf. "I need to tell you something, Jolie..." Ethan said, looking towards her now.
"What is it?" She asked.
"..... I am not your brother and you're not part of the family." He said bluntly.
"W-what?" She asked, not believing her ears.
"How about I start from the beginning?" He asked, forcing a smile.
Alexis nodded and waited for her brother's explanation.
"Mom told me about you when I was 10. You're not part of our family. Instead, you were... sorta given away by your parents but for protection. Even if it meant that one day you would be found. I can't remember your parent's names but I do know that they were really important people. They died after they had given you to Elizabeth." He scratched his head uncomfortably before continuing. "Mom decided to keep it secret. She told me not to tell you. She knew that she and dad would end up dying to protect you... she knew this day would come but she still agreed to take care of you. I myself still don't understand why it is that she would do this, knowing that it would be the cause of their death but apparently you're important too." He sighed and looked to the ground.
Alexis stood there with wide eyes, not believing anything that he had to say. "There is no way... are you saying that I am the cause of mom and dad's death!?" She asked, tears starting to prick her eyes.
Ethan nodded and looked at her with a comforting, fake smile.


Chapter 6: Departure


Alexis started packing away her belongings, wiping away tears that streamed down her face. After being told that she wasn't part of the family she grew up with, cared for, and loved had taken quite a toll on her emotional state. She has been lied to for a little over 15 years...
A knock sounded on her bedroom door. "Jolie?" Ethan walked in.
Alexis sniffed and looked down. "What do you want?"
"Are you okay? I mean, I know you're not 'okay' but... sigh Listen, I am sorry I didn't tell you soo-" Alexis cut him off.
"You think it's my fault they died.. don't you?" She looked up at him. "I am the one who is sorry. I stole your family away from you and I am the cause of their death. I would like to thank you for treating me as your sister though..." She finished packing and stood up. "I should go now. Goodbye Ethan."
"Where are you going?" He asked, blocking the exit so she can't leave.
"I am going to stay with Oramis. He is going to teach me how to become a good sword fighter so I can kill ou-... your parents."
He hesitantly moved out of the way so she can leave. "Please be careful..."
She nodded but was stopped by Ethan grabbing her wrist. She turned around and looked at him. "It's gonna be hard for him to teach you since you're such a crappy fighter though. Don't give him too hard of a time." He said, smiling.
"I won't." Alexis giggled before leaving.
~Back in the forest, walking to Oramis' house~
Just wait, I am going to catch the killer and make Ethan happy. She thought. As Alexis walked into Oramis' house, she was greeted by the scent of sweet honey.
"Are you making something Oramis?" She asked, walking into the kitchen.
He turned to her and smiled. "Just some tea, want some?"
She shook her head and walked to her room to put her things away. A smile spread across her face as she thought of catching the killer. She held onto her locket and felt a little better about the situation. Maybe she can do this...


Chapter 7: Connor


It has been a week since Alexis had officially moved in with Oramis. They would spend anywhere between 5-7 hours training. Alexis has grown better but still isn't completely good with balance. Oramis would normally take that as an advantage and trip her up at the end of the ever sparring match.
As Alexis walks outside to get ready for the morning's practice she notices that Oramis is already outside holding out a bag for her. She takes it and asks, "Whats this?"
"You're going to go on a small mission for me. I need you to go to Osaka and get me some wolf and a special book." He hands her a paper with an address on it. "Go here and say that Oramis sent you. The guy that's at that house will understand and get the items I have requested. Try not to stay too long okay?"
Alexis nods. "When will I leave?"
"Now."
"Why now?"
"The sooner the better." He answered before shooing her off like a dog. She frowns in response to the way he is acting but starts walking away.
'What’s his problem?' She thought as she walked further away from the house.
~ 3 hours later~
"Whyyyyyy?" Alexis cried out to no one. 'My legs are so sore and why did he make me walk?' She asked herself. She sat on a nearby rock and leaned back, relaxing in the warm breeze. 'It feels so good out here today..' She heard the sound of a twig snapping behind and quickly stood up. "Who is there?" She asked. The bushes started rustling and she pulled out her wooden sword that Oramis had made her bring. She held it out in front of her defensively, preparing to attack. After a few seconds, a small rabbit hopped out of the bush and Alexis let out a sigh. 'It's just a rabbit...'
She smiled to herself but was surprised as a hand covered her mouth and another wrapped around her waist. She struggled to get out of the hold of the stranger but the person tightened their grip on her, pulling her farther into the forest. She elbowed the person in the stomach and stomped on their foot causing them to let go and move back in pain. She quickly stepped away and got into fighting stance. The stranger smiled and moved closer to her.
"I am sorry miss. I had no idea you were that strong. May I ask your name?" He asked while his smile widened.
Alexis shifted side to side uncomfortably. "Why should I tell you? If I am not mistaken you just tried to kidnap me and do who knows what."
"I said I was sorry and besides, I know where you're going." His smile turned into a smirk.
"How do you know?" She flinched at his statement.
"You were sent by Oramis, am I correct?" He asked.
Alexis stayed quiet.
"So it's true." He chuckled. "My name is Connor, it's nice to meet you, Alexis."
" I never told you my name and that still isn't my name. My name is Jolie." She said, glaring at him. 'Why does everyone call me Alexis?'
"No need to lie about your name my dear. I know who you are. Anyways, let's go to my house. I should get you the things that Oramis wants." He grabbed her hand and started walking in an opposite direction of where she was going. "Before you ask me where we are going, this is a shortcut. I don't have any plans to do anything bad to you, promise."
She nodded and followed him, still a little wary of the stranger.


Chapter 8: A New Jerk


It isn't too long until Conner had taken Alexis to an old house. It was gray and it had a sort of spooky feeling to it. Around the windows on the right side of the house, there were dark red roses. Connor opened the door and signaled for Alexis to follow inside. The inside actually looked normal enough. The inside looked larger than the outside. In the center of the house was stairs that lead up to a long hallway that was lit with a few small lamps. A tall man with dark blue hair descended the stairs and started heading towards Alexis and Connor.
"Is this her?" He asked, his voice sounded a little rasp like how it would if you hadn't drunk anything.
"Yeah. Lucky I found her otherwise she probably wouldn't have made it here until dark." Connor replied with a smile. He then turned to you. "This is Daku, the one that Oramis wants you to collect the items from."
You only nodded and looked back at the man. His dark purple eyes stared right back at yours. He looked you up and down, almost searching for something and soon clicked his tongue in annoyance.
"Come with me." He demanded.
You walked up the stairs and followed him down the hall, passing by many rooms along the way. The hall ended with a room without a door. Daku walked into the room and sat down on a couch that was in there, surrounded by many books. As Alexis looked around the room she noticed that it looked like a mini library. As she looked around, Daku was studying her.
"Sit down." He told her. She obeyed and sat beside him. "Do you know about your parents?" He asked.
Alexis looked down, trying to decide on what she should say but sighed and looked back up at him with a lost expression. "I was raised with around people who I thought were my parents only to find that they are not. I know nothing of my real parents and if you have any information that you can tell me about them, I would very much appreciate it."
A grin spread across his face. "Now why would I tell you if Oramis hasn't even told you? You shouldn't stick your nose in where it doesn't belong. It would be better for you do not know. I was just curious as to how much you really knew about them but it seems as though you're useless..."
"You just met me and you're already talking to me like that!?" Alexis hissed back at him. He looked at her with a bored expression now.
"I don't understand why Oramis would take up such a useless person. There is no purpose for you if you don't know anything."
Before Alexis could say anything back to defend herself, Connor walked into the room with a book that had a red cover but didn't have a title nor any drawings to signify what the book was about. It just had a soft cover that was blood red. In his other hand, he had a small bag that looked to be the same size as a piano key. He stopped once he was in front of Alexis and handed her the book while he gave the bag to Daku.
Daku opened the bag and slipped a ring with a blue crystal out and slid it on Alexis's ring finger.
"Where this at all times. Do not lose it or you will be punished. You're going to have to spend tonight here but you will leave in the morning. Don't thank me, I am doing this as an order from Oramis. If it was up to me then I would kick you out now and make you walk back and face the possibility of getting killed."
She flinched at his harsh words and frowned. "Why are you being such a jerk?"
He looked up at her and a small smile formed. "It is because you look so much like your mother it makes me sick. I hated her and you just remind me of her. Your room is down the hall, the same way we came. It is the first door on the left, closest to the stairs. Once you wake up, please leave." After saying that he stood up and left the room. Connor gave her a sheepish smile and led her to her room. After they said goodnight she set the book down on a side table next to the bed and collapsed, letting sleep succumb her.


Chapter 9: Bite


Alexis was awoken by Daku shaking her.
"How long are you going to sleep? Get up already!" He yelled.
She sat up groggily and sent glares at him. "I am sorry sir but was shaking me necessary?" She asked, anger clear in her voice.
"It is if I have been calling your name for over 5 minutes." He stated.
She climbed out of bed and combed her hair with her fingers. "I guess I will be on my way then." As she stood up to exit the room Daku pulled her downstairs where Connor was waiting for her, with her belongings.
"Goodbye. If Oramis wants anything else to tell him he should come instead of sending a pathetic girl like yourself." With that, she was shoved outside and locked out.
"Rude much? I didn't even do anything bad..." She huffed and started walking away from the large house. It has been around an hour until she noticed she was lost. The town was large and she was too shy to ask for directions. When she was about to give up an elderly looking woman walked up to her with a smile.
"Are you lost? I don't think I have seen you around before." She appeared kind. She moved her long strands of black hair out of her face, revealing chocolate brown eyes with a hint of red near the center.
"Yes, I am. Do you mind telling me which way I can go to leave here?" Alexis asked.
"Yes, I can. In fact, I can show you. Follow me." The woman grabbed Alexis's wrist and started pulling her away from the crowd and into a dark alley. Alexis tried avoiding stepping in dirty puddles that were on the sides of the ally. She was a little scared when a rat ran across her feet. The woman pulled her away from the sight range of civilians in the town and pushed her against the cold brick wall that was a little wet due to leaking drainers.
"M-ma'me?" Alexis stuttered, confused.
The elderly woman smirked and opened her mouth to reveal sharp fangs. Alexis struggles to try and get out of the vampires hold as she leans in closer to her neck. When she bites down on Alexis's neck, it felt like many needles poking her all at once. She could hear her blood being slurped up. Her legs start to feel weak and her eyesight started to look blurry. She fell to the ground and looked up to see that Connor had pushed the vampire away. He pulled out a flask and threw the clear substance at the vampire which burned her. Once the woman ran away, Connor bent down to help Alexis up to her feet.
"Are you okay?" He asked.
Alexis passed out in his arms due to the amount of blood she has lost. Connor sighed as he picked her up and carried her back the eerie house.


Chapter 10: Special Chapter


~ Around 15 years ago, before Alexis's birth ~
A smile crept upon Carol's face as she looked down at her swelling stomach. She was sitting in front of a fireplace, thinking about her soon to be born child. She was waiting for her lover to return from a meeting. Vampires and Angels’ were enemies except for these two. They loved each other very much. Others though saw it as disgusting and it should be abolished. So they have tried to keep their relationship a secret. It was hard due to Carol's pregnancy but they have managed this far and they are not planning on giving up. Sadly, what they didn't know is that an angle from the castle in the heavens have been spying on them, keeping an eye on the queen without her knowing. Lucifer soon entered the house and was greeted by his angel lover. When they would meet, it would be in a log cabin deep in the moonlit forest.
"In a couple of days... then Alexis will be born." Carol told Lucifer with confidence etching in her voice. Shadows danced across the walls as the two listened to the crackling of the fire. The smell of pine needles filled the small cabin. Both snuggled close to each other. Letting silence say all that needed. They both fell asleep in each other's arms.
~ After her Alexis's birth~
Tears rolled down Carol's face as she looked at the new life she held in her arms. Lucifer was by her side. Fear flickered in his eyes though. Both knew that the others knew about Alexis.
"Theorik will not be forgiven..." Carol said, anger clearly seeping through. Both started quickly getting ready to take their child to the safety of a trusted friend, Elizabeth. Carol has been friends with Elizabeth since they were children. I know what you're thinking, 'but isn't Elizabeth human?' well yes. Carol would run away a lot as a child. She didn't want the responsibility of becoming queen. She feared it. What if she messed up? All eyes are always on her. She hated that. So she would run away and when she did, she met Elizabeth. They would always stay together. Once Carol's parents found out about this, they realized that in order to keep Carol at home, she would have to bring Elizabeth there to visit. Elizabeth was like a sister to Carol. They understood each other and respected boundaries. It was rare for them to fight but they always forgave each other. After Carol goes crowned queen, they sorta drifted apart but were still close.
Once they are ready, both Lucifer and Carol leave to take Alexis to Elizabeth. Once they handed her off, that was the last time they would see her for a while.


Chapter 11: Rude Much?


Alexis slowly rose up, trying to recollect the events of what had last happened and why it is that she is now laying on a couch. The cushion next to her sinks down with the weight of a visitor. When she looked at what was the cause she came face-to-face with Conner.
"I see you're awake now. Are you feeling okay?" He asked worry etched in his voice.
"Y-yeah... what exactly happened?" She asked him, still trying to remember.
"You were attacked by a vampire in the alley not too far from here. You're lucky your still alive Alexis."
Reality soon struck her and she remembered the past events. It replayed in her mind like a movie... a very painful movie that made her sick to her stomach. She reached up to feel the bite marks on her neck but flinched to her own cold touch. It was still painful but she was able to bear with it.
"What an ignorant girl. She couldn't even protect herself from a single vampire. Very pitiful indeed."
Alexis looked up at the stairs to see Daku glaring at her.
"She is such a nuisance." Venom laced in his voice, making Alexis flinch at his cruel words.
Daku eyed her suspiciously but after noticing she was staring back, he scoffed and looked away.
"I thought I told you to leave earlier. Why have you caused so many problems?"
Alexis narrowed her eyes at him, starting to get annoyed with his attitude towards her but bit her tongue nonetheless.
"I do humbly apologize for being troublesome towards you but I could not help the circumstance that I was in." Her choice of words made her frown at herself but she let it slide.
"I do not accept your apology. It sounds quite fake and if you were really sorry then you still wouldn't be sitting here but instead, leave."
That was all it took. Alexis grabbed the nearest book and threw it at him, hitting him in the chest. She cheered herself on in her head and held a smirk. Annoyance was clearly shown on his face. The impact didn't appear to affect him but it was the rudeness that ticked him off. Alexis stood up from the couch but soon regretted it as she fell back down into Conner's embrace.
"You still need to rest. You can't go anywhere just yet. You lost too much blood, sorry." Conner stated, setting her back down on the couch. She didn't like the thought of having to spend more time than needed with Daku but she can't really help it at this point, no matter how annoying. She sighed in defeat.
"Fine. But as soon as I am feeling better I'm outta here."
"That would be very much appreciated." Daku grinned and headed back up the stairs to his room. 'It would be best if she stayed for as long as possible...' He thought once he arrived at his room. 'We can't have 'them' know about her just yet. Keeping her hidden is so difficult...'


Chapter 12: Dark Wings
The air vibrated with the sounds of insects. You could hear the scampering of newly awakening mammals running around as the creatures of the night go into slumber. The forest was soon disturbed when a young male runs through, creating havoc for the small animals.
"What are you doing here?" Oramis asked with venom laced in his voice. A chuckle resonated in the stranger's throat.
"I heard she was here."
"Well, she left. It would be wise to stay away from her." Oramis glared at the stranger.
"We both know that won't happen." He sighed. "I guess I just have to find her myself then..."
With that, Alexis was about to meet a new person. The stranger walked away, leaving an infuriated Oramis.


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"Shut up you dumb woman!!" Alexis ran and hid behind Connor.
(5 minutes earlier)
"What are you doing Daku?" Alexis asked as she looked over his shoulder.
"Just polishing my teacup collection...."
"Cool! let me see one!"
Before Daku could say anything, Alexis had grabbed a light blue teacup with black polka-dots on it.
"It's so pretty Daku."
"Don't touch it! You're going to break it!" He yelled, reaching for the delicate glass. Alexis moved back but clumsily dropped the cup.
"...."
"...."
"My cup..." Both stared at the shattered pieces.
"I-I didn't mean t-to...sorry Daku..." He glared daggers at her. She took this as a threat and quickly bolted out the door.
"CONNOR, HELP MEEE! DAKU IS TRYING TO KILL MEE!!!!"
(present time)
"What's going on?" Connor asked, a little wary of whether or not to help Alexis.
"She broke one of my teacups!!!!"
"I said I was sorry!" She apologized.
"Sorry doesn't fix it!!"
"Enough, you're scaring the poor girl Daku." Connor said calmly.
"She deserves punishment!" Hearing that statement, Alexis sent him the meanest glare.
"How about I just leave!?" Both males flinched but Connor spoke up.
"You can't leave just yet. It would be rude to send you away so early."
"But Daku wanted me to leave the first day I met him so why are you guys so set on having me stay now!?!?" She asked in an annoyed tone. The two thought for a moment, trying to look for some excuse. "Because...." Daku began. "it would be dangerous to send you out alone right now. What if another vampire attacked you? and we can't help you just yet because.....because we are too busy."
"Busy doing what?"
"That is none of your business you nosy little girl." He replied almost instantly after. Alexis didn't buy it but she decided to push no further for fear of punishment.
"Why don't we go out into town? I am sure it'll keep you occupied." Connor suggested. She smiled and jumped up and down in excitement.
"Oh! yes yes yes!! I would love too!" Connor glanced at Daku before exiting out of the house with Alexis close behind.
The smell of sugar cookies filled the air as the two walked down the street, watching as rays of sunlight peeked through the cotton, looking clouds. It was a little chilly but comfortable. It was quiet but also a comfortable silence between the two. Just enjoying each other's company.
"Is there a reason why Daku hates me?" Alexis asked, feeling a little uneasy about the topic.
"It's not that he hates you..." Connor glanced at her, thinking of the right words to say. " More like...he is protective and stubborn."
"Protective? Why is he being protective of me?" She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.
"For a couple reasons but the only reason you need to know if it's because of Oramis. If anything bad happened to you, Oramis would have his head."
Both laughed thinking about it but once Alexis calmed down, she decided to ask another question. "What were my parents like?"
Connor stopped and looked at her seriously before replying. "They were very stupid but very in love with each other." He started walking again before continuing. "Your mother was smart but she could be impulsive. You look a lot like her. Your father was brave and reckless."
"Where are they?"
"Dead" he replied immediately.
"Why are they dead?"
Connor gave her a look that made her stop asking questions. After a few minutes of silence, Connor stopped in front of a herb shop.
"Wait out here. It will only take me a few minutes."
Alexis nodded in reply. "Can I look around a little bit?"
"Just stay by the shop. Don't go too far." He said, walking in.
Alexis hummed in response and walked around the front of the herb shop until she noticed a lovely display of flowers in the front of a light blue and white cottage with red tulips painted around the white door frame. She walked towards them and noticed it was a flower store. She bent down so the hanging open sign doesn't hit in the head. Once she was in, the smell of roses engulfed her. The inside had a comfortable feel to it. It was brightly lit and the differing colors of flowers made it seem brighter and more cheerful.
"I don't think I have seen you around here before. It's nice seeing young faces around."
Alexis turned around to come face to face with an old man. She looked into his greenish gray eyes and smiled kindly.
"You have pretty flowers, sir."
A low chuckle resonated from the man's throat. "Why thank you."
"Where do you find all of these flowers?" She asked, averting her gaze back to the beautiful display.
"There is a forest around back where I grow most of them." he sighed, which caused her to look in his direction. "I just can't see to go and take care of them. My back has been giving me troubles and my age is really starting to take a toll on me."
"If you want I can go check on them real quick for you." Alexis offered, feeling sympathetic for the old man.
"That would be very sweet of you."
"Will you just watch for a man wearing a long black coat to come out of the herb shop? It would help if you told him where I was."
"Sure. And what is your name?"
"Jo-...My name is... Alexis." She said with a faint smile before leaving the store.
It didn't take long for her to find the man's flower garden. She marveled at their beauty. He had the whole gamut of flowers growing. She couldn't help but just stand and stare.
"Why you are just a beautiful as the flowers, Alexis." she turned around to see the speaker. Her happy expression changed into one of anger and confusion. "It's nice to see you again." He continued, advancing towards her as she backed away, contemplating on whether or not to run or get revenge.
"Stay away you murderer!!" She yelled, hoping for Connor to hear.
He glared at her. "I saved you..."
"You killed my parents!!!" She screamed out, trying to fight back tears from the memory.
"They are not your parents and I saved you from them." He tried to explain.
"Why would I need to be saved from them?" She asked while also feeling stupid for calling them her parents once again.
"I am not here to answer questions. I want you to hand over the power of Carol."
"I don't know what you mean. What is caro-"
"Don't play dumb!!" He seethed, getting annoyed by her ignorance. She flinched at his rising voice.
"I assure you I have no idea what you're talking about." He grabbed her arm tightly before she could run which caused her to hiss out in pain. Luckily Connor pulled her away and into his chest.
"What are you doing Triston?" he asked angrily whilst holding Alexis protectively close.
"I am pretty sure you know why. All she has to do is hand it over."
"She will do no such thing! Especially because of your intentions!!"
This caused Triston to become even more annoyed but he was also amused by the amount of protection Alexis had. It does make things harder for him but not impossible.
"First Oramis and now you Connor. I am quite surprised of this. To bad though, your efforts are in vain." The next words and events will never be forgotten by Alexis.
"Until we meet again, lost angel. I can't wait to see your white innocent wings be tainted by the darkness that has yet to come." Triston winked as two large black wings sprouted out of his back. As he flew away, a couple of black feathers were left behind to be a reminder of his presence.


Chapter 13: The Yearly Ball of Angels and Elves


"Your Highness, we have found Alexis. Would you like to have her brought here?" A guard from heaven asked the eldest princess.
"No, not yet. Let's wait but please keep an eye on her while not interfering."
"Yes your highness." he bowed, respectively before leaving her. The study room was once quiet again. The eldest walked around, studying the displays of books on shelves and paintings on walls. She stopped at a large painting that had 5 people in it. The queen, the king, and her two younger sisters. The queen was dead and the king was abusive and crazy so she started having to take up more responsibilities and work, to make up for her father and mother.


"King Albert, Queen Carol, Princess April, Princess Rose, and Princess A-" she started to read aloud the names before her younger sister ran in.
"April!!"
"Yes, Rose?"
"I heard we are going to have a ball! is that true!?" Rose asked, excitement seeping through her voice.
"Yes, it is. Now please have a little control over your emotions. Remember, you're representing the castle and the angels." April reprimanded her younger sister.
"Fine but you have to come and pick out dresses with me."
"I am sorry but I can not. I have a meeting and I am helping with the ball preparations. I have no time to help you pick out a dress." April informed her younger sister while looking straight into her blue eyes with her purple ones.
"You never seem to have any free time anymore! It's always meetings, judging, or paperwork! At least mom used to make time!!" She yelled at her older sister, which only in return, sent the blonde a glare, telling her not to bring up their mother.
"This discussion ends now. I am going to go and get ready. It would be of your best interest to do so too." She told her younger sister while walking out and to her room, leaving rose to herself.
As she walked into her room, she let out an irritated sigh. Walking past her violet sheeted bed with red pillows, she made her way across the room to her dresser which had an attached mirror. After letting her long wavy hair out of her bun, she studied her appearance, only to be displeased for she looked more like her mother, except for the differing eye color. April was never fond of her mother because she broke two of the main laws. An angel is never to fall in love with anyone else who is not an angel. And an angel cannot be associated with dark angels (fallen angels), demons, and vampires. Not only had her mother done that, she had a child with the vampire king while she was married and had two kids from the angel king. A sin that can never be forgiven by the eldest daughter. She is constantly tormented by the decision her mother made by other angels, who are reminded because she looks so much like her mother. She avoids her father by staying busy and locked away so she doesn't have to hear harsh comments or abuse. The memory of hearing her father give out the orders to have Carol killed still haunted her. Not because she felt for her mother but because of hearing her sister's cries left an open wound on her heart. Ever since then, neither one of them shed a single tear. "It's a sign of weakness." she remembered telling her younger sister.
Walking to her closet, she pulled out a long white dress with purple at the chest. It had gold trim going along the bottom and the ends of the sleeves that loosely fell to her shoulders while the bottom of the dress fell to the bottom of her feet, hiding the white heels she was wearing. After brushing her hair, she looked at herself one more time before exiting her classroom.
(TIME SKIP: THE BALL)


The ballroom was filled with angels and elves from all and over. There was classical music playing while many conversed with each other, catching up on recent events. The king sat in silence next to the eldest princess while Rose was off enjoying herself. April sighed over her sister's youth but left it be. She felt uncomfortable being around her father for she had always faced discrimination. Soon it was time for her to give a speech. It took her days to be prepared and so she was a little nervous but also excited. As she stood, the music stopped and all eyes were on her. She felt like she was drowning in fear, reaching out hoping someone would pull her up and save her from suffocation but she was alone. Masking her feelings and thoughts up, she smiled at the guests.
"Hello and welcome everyone. It is appreciated for your coming to this event. It has been tradition to hold these yearly balls from our much-appreciated alliance with the elves. To conclude this short speech, I would like for us to take a moment of silence for the recent departure of the elves' king's brother, due to the sickening."
After 3 minutes of silence, the party resumed and Princess April reseated herself. Ignoring the distractful glances she would get from her father, she watched over her sister in both protection and jealousy.


Chapter 14: A Sharp visit
It had been 2 weeks since Alexis' argument with Daku and she has been doing nothing but practicing.
"You're getting better" Oramis complimented as both were fighting. Alexis only hummed in response. It was noon when Oramis called off practice. It annoyed the teen, but there was no use in arguing with the elf.
As they walked in his house, Alexis couldn't shake the feeling of being watched. Oramis noticed her uneasiness and turned to face her. He flicked her forehead to grab her attention which amused him more. Alexis puffed her cheeks and rubbed where he had hit her. "What was that for!?"
"What's wrong?" She huffed and looked away.
"Nothing...."
"Is it about Daku?"
"Of course not!!!" she yelled.


Oramis sighed and rolled his eyes, seeing how arguing with the teen would be pointless. "I'm going to make some tea." He informed before leaving Alexis to herself. She walked to her room and set herself by the window, looking out upon the plants and small animals near his house. She was beginning to relax until a flicker of light caught her attention. It appeared to be farther in the forest. It kept flashing every 5 seconds and she couldn't stand it anymore.
Climbing out of the window, she ran into the forest to find out what was flashing to satisfy her curiosity. After about 5 minutes into the forest, she started to get frustrated with not being able to find it. As she began to turn around and leave the forest, she was pinned down to a nearby with daggers. None cut her but they did go into her clothes (sleeves, legs, and waist) and went half-way into the tree. Confused and scared she tried to get unstuck but stopped once someone landed in front of her. It took her a few seconds to realize who it was but once she did, many emotions swarmed her. Fear, anger, confusion, and excitement.
"It's so good to see you again Alexis. Now that no one's around we can have a little talk." He smirked, walking closer.
"Let me go Tristen." She seethed.
"Ah, so you remember my name? I'm so honored."
"Is that all you have to say? If so, that was a nice talk now let me go."
"I'll just make this short, give me the necklace."
"No"
"I didn't ask if I could have it, Alexis. I am telling you to give it to me." He narrowed his eyes.
"What if I said I don't have the necklace with me?"
"Then who would have it?"
"Oramis!" She quickly responded. "He made me give it to him before I left....for safety reasons." There was a minutes silence where all you could hear was the chirping of birds. Both stared at each other before Tristen smiled.
"So I guess I should let you go huh?"
"Yes, you shou-"
"But then again, if I keep you, I'm sure he would just hand the necklace over. Ah, you see where curiosity can get you?." His smirk returned. "I knew you'd see the flash and would follow it. I'm just shocked you came without a weapon."
"Eh, you know, just thought I'd be safe near a trusted friend's house." She rolled her eyes, trying not to show the fear she possesses.
"Trusted one!?" He laughed. "It's not wise to put your trust in him."
"W-what do you mean?"
"He is tricking you...using you for his own purposes."
"You're wrong....Oramis isn't like that."
"He has you wrapped around his finger. Oramis isn't on your side you know." He stated, pulling the daggers out, releasing Alexis. "I'm just giving you some advice Alexis.....Don't trust the ole' elf...." He patted her head. "I still want that necklace though but I would also need you so I guess that'll have to wait."
"So you're not going to take me hostage!?" Relief had shown on her face as she asked.
"I'm not that bad of a person you know. I only said that earlier to scare you." he chuckled before adding, "but if I see you with that necklace, that may be a different story. Till then my pure angel." With that, Alexis watched as he flew away before returning back to Oramis' house.
'It's not wise to put your trust in him.' His words repeated in her head like a broken record. 'There is no way Oramis would betray me. He helped me so why would he!? I shouldn't let the enemy get in my head. Why should I believe a damn murderer!?! He killed innocent people which is unforgivable! He's just messing with my head.' She thought to herself as she walked in while being greeted by the scent of black tea. Oramis was still in the kitchen. 'All of my trust lies in Oramis...'


Chapter 15: Ghostly Mother
Leaves crunch under Alexis' feet as she walked through the forest. Pranks had given her the day off since he had to run a few errands. She had taken this opportunity to try and find the fallen angel again but after being out for a few hours, she still hasn't found any trace of him. When she was about to give up, a mist surrounded her feet, dancing above the ground. Alexis watched as it started to take the form of a human before her. As each second passed, it began to look more realistic. She tried to run but was paralyzed.
"Alexis.... " the voice of the mist echoed through her ears. The fully formed mist looked like an older version her. "Oh, my sweet Alexis...you have grown so much. I am happy to see all is well."
Alexis was confused but realization soon washed over her, drawing her in sadness.
"Mom? " she asked, fearfully wishing she was wrong but was confirmed by a smile of the ghostly woman. "how are you here? I thought you and dad died." She choked out.
" I did, your father, however, is still alive. Currently, I am in the underworld so it's taking a lot of energy for me to contact you right now. I don't have a lot of time. You need to go to your father and get the rest cross. Bring it to your sister April."
"where does he live? What is the Red Cross? I have a sister!? Where is she!?"
"you'll figure it out, dear. Your father lives in a place called Okisawa." She leaned in and kissed her daughter's forehead before she had disappeared.
"Mom!? Mom!" Alexis cried out, looking frantically around. "Don't go, I have more questions! Please!"
Alexis ran around the forest with hot tears rolling down her cheeks, blurring her vision. Tripping over a root, she curled up and sobbed. She was able to meet her mother but was left unsatisfied with even more questions swimming around in her head. She couldn't stop the waterfall of tears that kept falling. She was frustrated, hurt, and confused with no one willing to answer her questions.
"Alexis?" She looked up into Oramis' eyes. He kneeled on the ground next to her. "what happened?"
More tears fell as she jumped into his arms, crying into his chest. He rubbed her back soothingly, cradling her. Both stayed like that for a few minutes after she calmed down and stopped crying. It wasn't until the sun had started setting, that the two started walking back in silence. He didn't bother trying to find out what had happened but it stayed on his mind, sticking to his thoughts like a leech.
~///Next day///~
"Oramis?" Alexis asked, her voice sounding hoarse.
"what is it? " he looked into her eyes which were still pink, showing that she had been crying again.
"can you go with me to Okisawa?"
"why do you want to go there? "
Alexis took a moment to decide whether or not she wanted to tell him about her meeting with her mother.
"I got intel saying my dad lives there and I need to pick something up from him."
Oramis' expression changed to one of seriousness. "who told you that?"
"It's confidential."
"your dad is dead...."
"No, he isn't!" She yelled back angrily. "Don't lie to me! For a long time I have always been lied to but now I am learning the truth and I don't want anyone trying to stop me!!!"
".....Fine. We'll leave tomorrow. Then I will you that your father isn't there. You shouldn't let anyone feed lies into your head. You're vulnerable right now and people will take advantage of that."
"Does that include you?" she seethed.
He glares at harshly. "I will only do what is best for you but if you don't trust me, then go off on your own. I am sure that would be enjoyable...."
Alexis huffed. "I trust you. "
"good." He smiled as if nothing happened. "Now go out and practice more."
She flinched, thinking (praying) that he would've forgotten about practice.
"I will be out in a little bit to spar with you and see how much better you've gotten." He told her, pushing her out the door with a wooden sword in hand. "plus it feels good outside so it should be enjoyable." He persuaded.
Alexis groaned in annoyance but went out to practice nonetheless.


Chapter 16: Waterfall Fall
Alexis stared at the white horse in front of her while Oramis pulled a black one with a white mane beside it. "Why horses?" She asked, tilting her head to the side.
"Would you rather walk?" He questioned, raising an eyebrow.
"No....but I've never ridden on before.."
"You haven't!?" He looked at her.
She stared at him blankly. "Why do you sound so surprised?"
"I thought the adventurous Alexis would have ridden a horse before, that's all.."
"Are you teasing me?"
"Maybe.." He grinned.
Alexis sighed. "Show me how to get on."
Oramis walked over towards her. Holding out his hands, he boosts her up on the horse and helped her get comfortable. "Make sure you don't kick the horse when moving or it will run." he warned as he got on his.
Alexis hummed in reply as she secured her bag. As both started heading away from Oramis' house, Alexis questioned Oramis about himself. "I have lived with you for a little while now so I think I should be able to know."
"I don't enjoy talking about myself. I find it unrelatable to our mission."
"Why do you live by yourself? Could it be that you got kicked out of your previous house by a girlfriend you cheated on!?"
"Don't assume such absurd things."
"Ah right, you have to be good enough to have a girlfriend, to begin with.."
"Why do you think I'm not good enough!?"
"The sky looks so pretty today Oramis."
"Don't change the subject..."


(TIME SKIP: 2 hours later)


"My butt hurts Oramis." Alexis complained
"Suck it up."
"Can we take a break?"
"No."
"Please?"
"No."
Alexis puffed her cheeks. "I am still a girl and so I also need to be treated as so.."
"..." Oramis sighed in annoyance. "I guess we can take a little break, but we can't stay for too long."
"Yay!" Alexis cheered.


Oramis couldn't help but chuckle to himself as he helped her off of her horse. Alexis stretched her arms and legs as she watched Oramis give to horses water.
"Where exactly are we right now?" Alexis asked as she looked around. Her eyes soon fell on a river not far from them.
"That's the Midori river. We are in Yakushima right now." He said, following her gaze.
"Is it okay if I look around for a bit?"
"Just as long as you're back in 30 minutes."
"Thanks!" She said, running to follow the flow of the river.
Alexis weaved her way through trees as she tried to keep the river in view. After about 5 minutes of squeezing herself through the overgrown vines that swung from tree to tree, she found herself on a cliff looking above the river that appeared rougher. Making her way to the edge, she looked down at the green-tinted water. As soon as she was about to walk back to Oramis, the under her crumbled, causing her to fall into the water.
Alexis came back up coughing but was soon pushed back down by the rough waters. Struggling to keep her head above the water, Alexis sucked up as much air as she could, worried that each could be her last. It didn't take her long to find out why the waters were so rough, for she could hear a waterfall behind her. Turning around, her fears were correct. She was approaching the waterfall fast. Kicking her legs, Alexis struggled to swim to the edge but was too late. She plummeted down with the water. Closing her eyes, she braced for what would be her last few moments but instead felt a pair of arms surround her and was pulled into a hard chest.
Looking up, her blue hues met brown ones. She was carefully set down on the ground by the river.
"I am really starting to think it’s fate between us." Tristen teased.


Chapter 17: A New Member
" I feel like it's bad luck for me..." Alexis muttered. Her attention was soon drawn to his wings.
Tristen smirked. "They look nice, don't they?"
Fighting her urge to touch them, Alexis looks away. "Why did you help me?"
He grabbed her chin and pulled her face closer. "What if I said I liked you?"
Alexis could feel her face heat up by the closeness between them. "I would say I don't believe you."
"Ah, you got me." He let her go. "It'll be my little secret." He winked.
"I'm not sure how I feel about that...." Alexis commented.
"Well, we should start heading back." Tristen stated.
"We?"
"I am sure you would like me to accompany you."
"Why is that?"
He put his hand over his chest and pretended to be hurt. "You don't like me?"
"You pinned me to a tree with daggers."
"But I never hurt you."
Alexis sighed and scratched the back of her neck. After a few minutes of silence, she looked him in the eyes. "Why should I allow you to? What good can you do for me?"
"I know your father. He won't believe it's you nor will he bother talking to you unless I am there also."
"Why is that?"
"Because Carol and he helped me in the past. I won't be able to straight up tell you all of what you want to know, but I can point you in the right direction."
She started walking away. "If Oramis kills you I am not at fault.
Chapter 18: Neko
After the ball was over, April started on her way to her room. She wore out. It was hard for her to keep up a fake smile while being disliked by everyone.
"April?"
April turned towards whoever called her name.
"What do you want Chris?" She asked, noticing it was one of her father's guards. He had shaggy blonde hair with hazel eyes.
"I thought you would like to know, your father has ordered me to "take care" of the sinful sister. I am afraid your efforts are going to be all in vain." He told, waiting for a reaction.
"Do as you wish. I do not care at this point. She serves no purpose to me."
"You may say this, but do you mean it? I find your words hard to believe your highness. I am 100% sure you know she poses a threat to us, so why would you keep her alive. It's best to take her out before she learned to use her powers."
April looked away, turning her attention to the creamy walls. "Why would I try to protect her? She is part of the reason why everyone looks at me with disgust in their eyes."
An amused chuckle slipped out from the guard. "She would be the only one that could kill the king. That's why."
April glared at Chris before leaving him.


~/// To Alexis ///~
"Faster, you're going to slow Alexis."
"I-I'm trying Oramis."
"Harder!" He yelled out.
Alexis fell to the ground in exhaustion. Oramis looked down at her panting form. "I guess that's enough sword practice for today."
(hehe...I hope Y'all weren't thinking of anything dirty at first >;3)
Alexis glared at Oramis. "What was all of that about!?"
"You need to get better." He said, crossing his arms.
"For the past two weeks, I have been practicing a lot. Why have you all of a sudden gotten harder on me?"
"Stop complaining. Did you really think I would go easy on you forever? Now, how would you learn?" He asked.
Alexis puffed her cheeks.
"Ah, how amusing," Tristen commented as he Alexis up.
"Shut up....but thanks for helping me up." She faintly blushed.
Tristen pulled her into his chest and smirked upon seeing her face grow redder. He smoothly leaned down, just a few centimeters away from her face. "Would you like for me to help you relieve some stress?"
Before Alexis could say anything, Oramis pulled her behind him and away from the pervert. "Don't suggest such sinful things to her, you filthy vulture!"
"Why do you have to be so cruel to me Oramis?" asked, pretending to be sad.
Oramis looked down worriedly at Alexis, completely ignoring Tristen. "Are you okay? He didn't do anything too bad to you, did he?"
"You were just being all jerky to me earlier, why be so nice now?" Alexis asked, her arms folded.
"So you would rather me let him continue?"
"N-no it's fine."
"Okay then..."
Tristen sighed. "You're no fun. When I try playing with her, you steal her away. It's not like she belongs to you." Tristen narrowed his eyes at Oramis. "Or did you already take her?"
"Of course not! I would do such a thing without her consent!" Oramis yelled.
"But you would with?"
"...Why don't you just shut up, you filthy pervert!?" Oramis looked away, feeling his face heat up.
"The both of you are perverts!" Alexis announced, trying to control her own blush. "Can we just g-"
Before Alexis could finish, she was tackled own. She looked into a pair of green eyes with her blue hues. The stranger smiled innocently at Alexis. "Hi hi!"
Without saying anything, Alexis noticed the female stranger had cat ears and a tail. She reached up and started playing with her ears, ignoring Tristen and Oramis who, at this point, are facepalming. "They are so soft...." Alexis mumbled before stopping.
"Th-thank you...um...my names Hannah a-and...I-I'm here to talk t-to an Oramis?"
Tristen pulled Hannah up onto her feet. "That would be me, darling, how may I help y-"
Before Tristen could finish, Oramis slapped him. "I am Oramis. Please ignore that ass excuse of a man."
Hannah looked between the two of them. "O-okay?"
"Why are you looking for me?" Oramis asked.
"Well you see, I have been staying with someone by the name of Oxlicon. He told me to find you and give you this." Hannah pulled out a letter from her pocket and handed it over. "He seems mad you didn't attend the ball."
"Who is Oxlicon?" Alexis asked.
"My brother." Oramis sighed.


Chapter 19: A Kiss


"Your brother!?" Alexis looked at Oramis, surprised. "You never mentioned you had a brother."
"I never needed to bring it up." Oramis shrugged it off, directing his attention to Hannah and took the letter she was holding out. As he read it, he started to frown.
"What ball are you talking about?" Alexis looked at Hannah. "Is it really so important that he had to come?"
"It's the ball of Angels and Elves. That's the one, isn't it?" Tristen spoke up, crossing his arms.
"Yes, it is." Hannah looked at Oramis. "Oxlicon said that you were disgracing the family for not going..."
There was an uncomfortable silence surrounding them. Oramis crumbled up the paper and stuffed it in his pocket. "I am not going to my brother's. I am very busy right now and I have no time to deal with his constant bickering."
"But you have to! Oxlicon said that I won't be allowed to come back unless I had you with me." Hannah tugged on Oramis' arm.
A grin spread across Alexis' face. "Then I guess you'll just have to come with us. I am sure it wouldn't hurt to have one more member." Hannah looked at her surprised. 'Plus, it would be so cool to have a neko with us! Her ears are so soft~' Alexis thought to herself.
"Don't go around and start letting random people join us. We know nothing about his girl." Oramis scolded, annoyed at the young girl.
"Now now Oramis, don't be so rude. This poor girl has nowhere else to go. It would be so rude to send her off on her own with nowhere to go." Tristen set his hands on Hannah's shoulders, smirking at the elf. Alexis lightly pulled Hannah away from the flirt with a slight glare, which caused him to raise a suspicious eyebrow.
"She will come with us, at least until we can find a place for her to stay." She turned her attention back to the elf and the feeling of authority surrounded her. "That is final." He, in return, looked at the girl with cold eyes.
"Fine." He muttered, walking towards the horses.
"Thank you." Hannah hugged Alexis, happy that she helped the neko out. Alexis returned the hug and let go after a few seconds. She was caught off guard though, by the question that Hannah asked soon afterward. "Why are you with a fallen angel?"
"I-I ugh, I'm having him show me to my father...." 'Wait, if Oramis knows where Tristen is talking about, then why not just follow Oramis.' Alexis thought. 'You can't trust him.' Tristen's words rang through Alexis' head. "Let's not talk about that though... I'll be back. If Oramis asks, tell him I went to take a breather." Alexis started walking away, ignoring Hannah's questions.
It took a few minutes but Alexis found a nice quiet place to relax. She looked around to see nothing but trees and small animals, either running through the trees or on the ground. Her thoughts led her back to the questions that she has been asking herself a lot lately though. 'Who can I trust? Is there anyone?' Hearing a crackling noise behind her, Alexis turned around quickly only to look into blue eyes. "What are you doing here Tristen?" She sounded annoyed as she spoke.
"How mean. I only came to spend time with you~."
"I want to be alone. If you still haven't figured it out, I don't like you a whole lot." Alexis glared at the blonde before turning away.
"But you know you can trust me." He turned her around to face him.
"Can I? I have been told that for a long time but it always turns out to be false. Yes, you have saved me twice now but you still killed my fa-"
"Will you drop that!? I am really starting to get sick of it. I told you, I was protecting you!"
"But why!? Because you want the power?" He didn't dare speak. "How can I trust someone like you? Give me one good reason." Tears started to roll down her cheeks. She tried looking away but he grabbed her chin, making her look at him.
"That's not it..." He whispered.
"Then what?" She was mad, but for some reason, she didn't want to be. Her eyes widened as he started to lean in. She couldn't move nor say anything.
"You wouldn't believe me." He closed the gap between the both of them. She didn't pull away, much to her own confusion. She didn't want to but why she had no clue. Soon, she melted into the kiss, wrapping her arms around his neck. 'I'm such a horrible person.' She thought to herself.


Chapter 20: Angel Attack
An arrow shot towards Alexis and Tristen, breaking their kiss. Both stumbled back, surprised as an angel landed in front of them, a sword was drawn and ready for attack. Behind him stood three other angels with swords and there were two in the sky with bows, who must have been the ones to shoot. The one in the lead had shaggy blond hair and hazel eyes. He wore golden armor that shone from the sunlight. "It's so great to finally meet you, Alexis. I have heard so much about you." He smirked raising his sword. Alexis drew out her sword, ready to fight until Tristen pulled her behind him.
"Stay out of the way, I got this." He muttered to her.
"There are too many. There is no way you can fight them on your own." She argued back before stepping beside him.
"I can't fight them and protect you at the same time now stay back." He growled at her, quickly getting annoyed. Alexis wasn't able to continue arguing with him, for he had already started fighting. She felt useless just standing in the back, watching and doing nothing. Feeling rebellious, she decides she is still going to try and help. It's not like she can't-do anything. Noticing the two in the sky about to shoot Tristen, Alexis grabs a few stones and throws them, gaining their attention. Tristen was too busy focusing on the ones on the ground to realize Alexis was after the ones in the sky.
She blocked the first few arrows shot her way, boosting her confidence until she remembered what Oramis had said in one of their lessons. 'If you get too overconfident, you'll get yourself killed. Try to remain calm and focused when in battle.' She sighed, trying to calm down the excitement bubbling up inside of her. Her left cheek started stinging, confusing her until she realized it was because of an arrow. It was best if she ran deeper into the forest since, with where they are at, there is an opening to the sky, giving the enemies in the sky an advantage. But what if they ended going back to trying to kill Tristen? She couldn't risk it. They were bound to run out of arrows at one point, so it would probably be best to continue dodging and keeping them focused on her until that time comes. Between using her sword to block the arrows and moving out of the way at the last minute, she couldn't help but realize how much more athletic she had become.
An odd aroma started to fill the air, causing her throat to feel as though it was on fire and her mouth to water. She paused and the angels in the sky took advantage of this, shooting arrows that would have surely hit their mark if it wasn't for someone intervening. "Oramis?" Alexis questioned. The elf was in front of her, holding the arrows shot her way. He looked down at her then back up at the two, sword in hand.
"Stay down." He whispered. This time, she listened. He jumped up, dodging the arrows that were now directed towards him and cut down the two. Landing gracefully, he headed towards the others that Tristen was fighting. Alexis watched as the both of them fought side by side. It looked as though they knew what each other was thinking. A small smile spread on her lips at the sight. For once, it seemed like they were getting along. Her little happy moment was shoot shattered as Tristen's blood splattered across the forest floor, turning the ground red. She tried to get up but her legs were rooted to the ground, leaving her unable to move. A sword was stabbed through his shoulder by the leader of the attack. Luckily before he could try another attack on the fallen angel, Oramis stepped in.
The shaggy blonde looked between the three. He clicked his tongue as he flew away, knowing he could not take the elf alone. Oramis didn't bother trying to go after him, which angered Alexis. "You're going to let him get away!?" She yelled, still trying to get up but to no avail. Oramis ignored her and looked at Tristen.
"What happened? What were you two doing away from us?" He asked angrily.
Tristen smirked, holding his shoulder tightly. "Wouldn't you love to know? Why don't you take a wild guess as to why we were alone together."
Oramis had him pinned to a tree, sword at his throat. "The only reason why I haven't killed you was that of Alexis but if you hurt her I will not hesitate to cut you down."
"Oramis stop!" Alexis yelled, gaining his attention. "He didn't do anything bad to me." He throat stopped burning and she was able to move once again, but she was light headed. She grabbed Oramis' arm. "Let him go. Can't you see he's hurt?"
He was annoyed at the whole situation but nonetheless, let go. He sheathed his sword and started walking away. "Come on. We will bandage him up but then we are heading out." Alexis sighed and looked back at Tristen with a small smile before following behind Oramis, staying as close to the fallen angel as possible. Upon making it back to the horses she was hugged by Hannah who was asking many questions which Alexis just shrugged off.
She sat down next to Tristen as he began taking off his shirt so she could help clean his wound and bandage it. "I'm sorry this happened." She dabbed away the blood with a wet rag, thankful that it had stopped bleeding.
"Why are you apologizing?" He asked.
She shrugged. "I guess I kinda feel like this whole thing is my fault. If I am with you guys, we get attacked." She looked into his eyes. He chuckled, confusing her. "What did I say that was so funny?"
"Your logic is so weird. I wouldn't have come along if I didn't know that we were going to be attacked. There are many after you, and more want you dead." He answered. Alexis finished bandaging his arm and shoulder, not bothering to say nor ask anything else.


Chapter 21: The Fallen Angel’s Mission


The ride was horrible. They started riding into a rainstorm and there was no shelter since they were out of the forest now and in the clear land. Alexis was riding with Tristen again and Hannah was with Oramis. To pass the time, Alexis was admiring the two. 'What if they ended up getting together?' She shuttered at the thought, thinking it was impossible. But then her thoughts led back to Daku and Connor. 'Why think of them?' She puffed her cheeks, getting annoyed with herself. 'Last I recall, Daku hates me.'
"Why are you making a lot of funny faces?" She was drawn away from her thoughts as Hannah asked her a question. Then she realized what she had been doing.
"Sorry, I was just thinking.... about things." Alexis was blushing due to embarrassment.
"What kind of things?" Hannah started prying which bothered Alexis.
"Things that I would rather not discuss if that is OK with you." Her grip around Tristen's torso tightened as she became annoyed. Amused though, he didn't bother saying anything but only listened. Oramis, on the other hand, was getting annoyed as well, but at the two girls.
"Can you two not argue? Hannah, stop asking questions and Alexis, stop making faces." He glanced back at the two for a second before directing his attention back in front of them.
Alexis looked away. The rain was letting up thankfully. She ran her fingers through her hair, pulling it off of her face as well. She was soaked. Her clothes were soaked. Everything was soaked. If it wasn't for the fact that their bags were waterproof, all of the contents would be too. So many things have happened to her during a short period. She still couldn't fully believe it, and instead hoped it was just a long dream. That she would wake up to Ethan shaking her awake. That she would be eating breakfast with Elizabeth and Trey. That her home wasn't attacked by vampires and that she wasn't Alexis but instead, Jolie. Like she thought she was for many years. Everything was making her nervous and excited all at the same time.
"Alexis?" She turned her head, looking at Tristen. "What's wrong?" He asked.
"Why do you think something is wrong?" She tilted her head, confused by his question.
"Your grip tightened. If you continue then you're going to squeeze the life out of me." It took a moment for Alexis to understand what he was talking about before realization struck her.
"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize I was." She loosened her grip around his torso. "I was just thinking about everything... can I ask you a question?"
"Go ahead." He sighed, thankful she wasn't squeezing him anymore.
"Why do you want Carol's power?"
"Why do you still call her Carol and not mom or mother?" He teased.
"Don't dodge the question, please. I really want to know." She furrowed her eyebrows, quickly getting annoyed.
Tristen slowed the horse, putting more distance between them and the others. His voice lowered to a whisper. "My sister was taken away. I believe I can get her back if I have Carol's power. And I am determined to get her back using it, whether you are OK with that or not." He furrowed his eyebrows at the thought.
"I'll help you." Alexis spoke up, feeling sorry for the fallen angel. He looked back at her, slightly surprised. "It must suck losing your family like that. And so I want to help in any way I can if that's okay with you. I would like to come along with you to save her. I know I may not be really strong right now but I'll become stronger. Then you won't have to protect me anymore and I can actually be of use to you." She gave him a soft smile.
"Hurry up you two." Oramis' voice cuts in between their conversation. He was looking back at them, glaring mostly at Tristen. "We're almost there. It's won't be long." He directed his gaze to Alexis, studying her. For what, she couldn't figure out.


Chapter 22: Okisawa
They were out for two days before finding a small town. It was still early in the morning when the group arrived. The ground, and all plants around, was covered in dew. The buildings looked rather dull. Most were made of dark oak wood and others polished cobblestone, same as the pathways. Alexis got off of the horse and drew her attention up to the sky. It had a mixture of pink, orange, and light blue as the sun began to rise, causing the stars to disappear. She shivered as a light breeze blew past, bringing along the aroma of freshly baked bread. That's when Alexis realized she was hungry. Planning to eat at a tavern on their way through, she pushed the thought aside and began following Tristen as he led the way through the quiet town. Wait, Tristen? "Have you been here before?" Alexis asked, curious as to how he seemed to know where he was going.
He smirked before answering. "I should. This is Okisawa after all." He looked back at her shocked expression.
"We're already here?" She asked, feeling unsure. After a nod of approval, she couldn't stop herself as she hugged the blonde. "Thank you so much!"
He patted her back. "Don't thank me just yet. Wait until I show you to your father." Tristen looked at Oramis with a smirk upon seeing anger dancing in the elf's eyes.
"Alright, let's go then!" Alexis began pulling Tristen farther in, completely overcome by excitement and happiness.
After a few minutes of walking through the maze-like streets, Alexis started noticing more people out on the streets. She couldn't help but notice something off about them. They seemed to be glaring at her. When they would walk near some people, they would move away and give her looks of disgust. This action confused her and made her shrink back in the middle of the group. The actions of the townsfolk didn't go unnoticed to them though. She received a sympathetic look from Hannah, along with small glances from Tristen and Oramis. Did they know as to why people were looking at her this way? She decided now would not be a good time to ask, but the thought still lingered in her mind. As they progressed further in the town, fewer people were sending her harsh looks, but instead were smiling and waving which confused her greatly.
Alexis realized they were heading for an inn. "We'll be staying here. Just for one night though." Tristen seemed to have to of known what she was thinking and answered before she asked.
A light blush dusted her cheeks as she felt her stomach rumble. She walked to the horse that she shared with Tristen and grabbed her bag, while also making sure her sword was still on her waist. "I'm going to go and look around the stores."
"Don't go too far. And please be careful." Oramis began taking the bags off the horses. "Meet us back here once you're done." He stopped momentarily and looked at her. "Don't get in trouble and if there is, come back immediately."
"Yes, mother~." Alexis smiled and began walking away from the group. First stop: Food. She was hungry and had to feed the rumbling monster that lay dormant in her stomach before he roared loudly, for all ears to hear. Even the thought of it embarrassed her. She was dragged out of her thoughts as two little kids ran into her.
"Sorry miss." The apologized but once their innocent eyes met hers, they quickly bowed down. "We are very sorry. Please forgive us." Alexis flinched at the act and bent down to their level.
"It's okay, there is no need to apologize. Are you two okay?" Both nodded their heads before running off. Saying that people's reactions bothered her was an understatement. She stood back up to her full height but before she could resume her walking, she was pulled into an alley with a hand covering her mouth. She gasped as her back hit the cold stone, knocking the air out of her.
"What the hell are you doing here!?" She looked up to meet dark purple eyes glaring down at her.
"Daku? What are you doing here?" She narrowed her eyes at him, still annoyed by past events.
"Answer my question first!" He yelled.
She looked away. "I'm here to meet my father."
"Your father?"
"Yes, my father. Now, why are you here?"
"Why do you want to meet him?" Daku asked, ignoring her question.
"That is none of your concern." He clicked his tongue in annoyance.
"You aren't safe here. Where's Oramis?" Alexis stayed silent, refusing to answer any more questions.
After a lot of ignoring and then arguing, she finally caved in and took Daku to the inn where they were staying. Sadly, that wasn't such a good idea because the first person they encountered was Tristen.
"Why is he here!?" Daku yelled, getting ready to attack before Alexis ran and stood in front of the fallen angel.
"He's coming with us."
"You trust him!?" The vampire was enraged. Alexis glared at him.
"More than I trust you. He has been the only one to answer my questions while everyone else avoids them." Tristen smirked as he watched, amusement danced in his eyes at the same time.
"Where's Oramis?" He asked again. As if on cue, in walks the elf.
"Daku? Fancy meeting you here." He walked up and wrapped an arm around his friend's shoulder. "Couldn't stand to be away from me I see. Completely understandable."
"Why is Tristen with you?" Daku pushed Oramis' arm away.
"Are you jealous? It was Alexis' idea." Oramis continued to tease.
"Is Connor with you?" Alexis spoke up. Daku sighed and rubbed his temples, trying to take everything in.
"Yes, but he is out buying a few items right now. I was about to follow him in a store before I saw you."
"You just left him!?" He waved a dismissive hand, not caring for the question.
"He'll be fine."
Alexis glared at him before leaving the group to sort things out on their own while she went to find Connor.


Chapter 23: Questions Answered


"Connor!" Alexis tackled said male, taking him by surprise. He soon returned the gesture, happy to see her.
"What are you doing in Okisawa?" He questioned, now confused by her presence.
"I'm here to see my father. I came with Oramis and Tristen." She flinched upon seeing him frown. "But it's ok. I... sorta trust him." She then felt her face heat up, remembering the kiss they shared. "A-anyways, how are you?"
He raised a curious brow but didn't question her actions. "I'm doing fine. I came with Daku. Have you seen him yet?" He smiled upon seeing her nod since he was worried she would be mad. "That's good. After the fight with you two, he hasn't been in a good mood no matter what's happening. I hope you two makeup."
"I may consider forgiving him... but he has to apologize first."
"Heh... he's not one for apologizing." He scratched the back of his head nervously.
"Well, he is going to have to. Anyways, come on. We should get back before Daku and Tristen fight." Alexis grabbed his hand and pulled him through the streets and back to the Inn.
~A few minutes later~
"You know I don't trust you. And if Alexis knew, she wouldn't either. Just imagine what her father would tell her about you." Alexis hid behind a corner, listening in on Oramis and Tristen. She went looking for them after leaving Connor in their room with Daku and Hana.
"Her trust? Do you really think she has any of that left? I was lucky I found her when I did. She was mentally confused and lost. Tell her whatever you want. We both know I hel- no, saved her."
"You call that saving!? If anything, you are just keeping her away from what's going to happen. What needs to happen. She has been through enough... take off the mask. Show her what you truly are. If you don't, I will."
"For what? Do you think she'll run into your arms then? You'll end up being the one to break her."
"No, that's what you're doing. As you take pleasure tearing her apart, I will be there to sew her back up. Stop this silly game already!"
Alexis ran back to the room, not wanting to hear anymore. Her heart feels as if it's in her head. The irregular ba-dump ringing in her ears. Many thoughts flood her mind as she refuses the believe Oramis and Tristen's argument.
~Yes, another time skip~
Alexis shakily knocks on the dark wooden door. Everyone was standing behind her, watching carefully. As she waited for the door to open, she noticed there were carvings in the door. Tracing her fingers over it, she realized that it looked like a dragon. It had a dark maroon color to it. As the door opened, she quickly pulled her hand back.
"What do you want?" In the doorway stood a man with red eyes and black shoulder-length hair. He looked at her with an annoyed expression.
"H-hi... um... are you Lucifer?" Alexis stuttered, suddenly feeling intimidated by the man.
"Depends on who is asking."
"My name is Alexis... I am Carol's daughter." His eyes seemed to have become colder.
"Get away from here. That child died a long time ago." He was about to close the door but Alexis grabbed it, stopping him from doing so.
"Please, wait. I have really been wanting to meet you! I have a lot of questions!" Alexis used her other hand and took off the locket from around her neck, holding it out in front of her. "I have her necklace. I am her daughter. Please, hear me out."
There were a few minutes of silence before he moved out of the way, allowing them to enter the house. He quickly closed the door behind them. "It was dangerous for you to come here."
"I know."
"I may not be what you expected."
"I know."
"I may not be able to answer all of your questions."
"I know."
He looked her up and down again before leading the group to a windowless room. Alexis sat next to her father. "What's your first question?"
Alexis felt overjoyed. She could finally get answers to her questions. She finally found someone that could shine some light on the situation. But, she wasn't sure what to ask. Sure, she knew what questions she wanted to be answered but actually being here with her father, it made her at a loss of words. "Why.... why didn't you come look for me?"
"It was dangerous. Not only for me but for you. And to be honest, after your mom died, I didn't want to see you."
Alexis felt a little hurt at his reasoning but she could sorta understand where he was coming from. Then, she suddenly remembered about seeing her mother. "Can you tell me about my sister?"
"You mean your sisters'. You have two. They are full-blooded angels. The eldest is April and the youngest is Rose. I don't really know a whole lot about them, and I don't care to."
"What is the Red Cross?"
Lucifer tensed up slightly at the question. "Why do you want to know?"
"... I saw Carol. She told me to get it from you and give it to April."
"Carol said that?" He looked away for a second. "Very well then. I need to go get it. Come back once it gets dark. I will have it ready for you." He got up and let them to the door, but not before shooting a glare towards the elf, which Oramis returned.
"Thank you." Alexis spoke up once outside.
"Of course. Until nightfall then." He closed the door and Alexis heard the sound of locks behind it.
"I still have some errands to attend to. Want to join me, Alexis?" Connor asked.
"Sure."


Chapter 24: He’s Dead


"Come on. I want to hurry up and get there." Alexis started pulling Tristen's hand towards the door. It had already started to get dark and since she couldn't find Oramis, she decided to take Tristen with her. She couldn't take Daku or Connor because they had already left and she didn't know Hana that well yet.
"Alright, calm down." Tristen chuckled at her eagerness. Both of them walked, well Alexis pulled him, down the streets towards Lucifer's house. Once in sight, she sped up. Once again, she knocked on the dark door but this time, all fear was gone and was replaced with excitement. Both waited. A few minutes passed by, still no answer. She knocked again, this time a little louder but still, no answer came. Worried, she opened the door and poked her head in. Instantly, she was engulfed in a horrid stench. Scrunching her nose, she still walked in. All the lights were off and it was silent. Walking into the room he first took them to, she stopped. She covered her mouth with her hand and blinked back tears. On the floor was her father, dead.
"W-what happened..." She shakily walked over to the corpse. Upon closer inspection, there appeared to be a stab wound in his stomach. Tristen pulled her behind him. Disgust was swimming in his eyes. Not with the scene, but because he knew who done it. But, he could not tell Alexis... not yet anyway.
"We should go." He forced her to look at him.
"But we can't just leave him like this." Alexis argued back.
"We can't stay Alexis. We need to leave now. It'll be fine. Someone will find the body and take care of it." He tried reasoning with her.
"He's my father Tristen!"
"I know! But listen to me. We can't be here. We need to get everyone and leave town."Conflicted, Alexis looked between her dead father and Tristen. "Fine..." Before he could pull her out of the house, though, she noticed the Red Cross in Lucifer's hand. She knew she couldn't leave without it but... it would feel wrong to take it this way. Following her gaze, Tristen noticed it as well. Without hesitating, he grabbed it and pulled her away.
"Why did you do that?" She asked slight anger was laced in her voice.
"We need it, do we not?" He questioned, near the Inn.
"We do but... I don't think we should have taken it like that."
Ignoring her comment he entered their room to find Oramis there, sitting at the desk and reading. "We need to leave." Tristen glared at the elf.
"Why?" Oramis asked, turning his attention towards them and away from his story.
"Someone killed Lucifer. We need to get out of here now before people find out and start accusing us."
~Out of the town~
Tristen and Oramis gathered everyone up and quickly left. Not a word was shared after their departure. Riding with Tristen once again, Alexis looked down at the Red Cross in her hand. How was this going to get her mother back and who would have killed her father? Once again, she was filled with more questions. She looked ahead, her eyes now clouded with sadness. She feels like Tristen knows something but she is certain he wouldn't tell her, even if she asked.
"Where are we going?" Daku was the first to break the silence. Everyone looked at Alexis, waiting for an answer.
"We're going to find my sister, April and she should know what to do."
"We won't get close enough to her. If you haven't forgotten, the angels want you dead dear." Tristen sighed.
"We're going to have to try. She is the only one that knows what to do from what I know."
"It'll be suicide." Oramis glared at her, not liking her plan.
"If you don't want to come, then I can go on my own." Alexis was determined to do as her mother wanted. She was ready to argue with Oramis about this but, surprisingly, he quickly agreed to her choice.
"Fine. We'll try it your way."With that, they started heading towards Heavenly Mountain to try and get to Alexis' sister, April and free their mother.


Chapter 25: Betrayal
Alexis stared at the crackling fire in front of her. The group stopped to make camp once they were far enough away from the town, that no one should find them. She felt alone. She wanted someone to reach out and pull her away from the chains of confusion that bound her. She needed it. Her eyes wandered over to Oramis as he was feeding the horses. Quietly, she walked towards him. She wasn't sure why, or what she was going to say, but she continued. "Oramis?" The elf looked at her.
"What is it?" He asked, giving her his full attention.
"Can we talk? In private... please." If she was going to talk to him about it, she didn't want to do it with everyone around.
"Sure." He smiled. She felt so guilty. How could she possibly think Oramis was the bad guy? He has done nothing but help her. But still, she felt doubtful of him.
Once far enough away, Alexis sat on a boulder while Oramis leaned against a tree. The stars were shining bright and the bugs were making beautiful noises that mixed in with the rushing water, creating a beautiful, relaxing harmony. She sighed, deciding to trust Tristen's words, for reasons she doesn't understand herself. "Have you been lying to me?"
"What do you mean?" Oramis looked at her, confused by her sudden question.
"Did you kill my father?" Alexis looked down at her own feet, feeling uncomfortable about the situation.
"Why would you think I would?" He started to walk towards her but she quickly moved away, keeping a fair amount of space between them. Seeing this, he stopped.
"What was my father going to say about you? I heard you and Tristen talking at the Inn... "Oramis looked at her with a slight glare. "Eavesdropping is not a good habit to pick up." He crossed his arms. "Not much I can say about that. I think it's best if you just hand over the Red Cross and Carol's necklace."
Alexis looked at him in disbelief. "No. So you have been lying to me this whole time."
"If you don't hand it over I will have to resort to other means, Alexis." He warned.
"I will not hand it to you! I am getting this to April so she can save my mother!"
"You mother is dead! I made you believe she is real! This whole thing... it's been a trick. Now hand over the damn cross and necklace. This is your last chance." He drew his sword.
Alexis felt tears running down her cheeks. Clenching her fists, she yelled, "Y-you bastard! I trusted you! Why are you doing this!?"
"You are going to die Alexis. Whether it be by my hands or the angels. Or possibly, Clarike. Now quit fooling around!" He advanced towards her.
"Alexis!" Tristen ran towards her.
"Tch... how annoying." Oramis ran, not wanting to go head-to-head with the fallen angel.
"Are you okay!?" He kneeled down in front of her, looking to see if there were any injuries. Looking up at her face, he noticed the stream of tears rolling down her cheeks. She hugged him, which he gladly returned, and cried into his chest. It's no surprise. Elves and angels do work side-by-side. It was bound to happen. She should have known, but she was blinded by fake bliss. He continued to stroke her back, comforting her.
~The next day~
"What are we going to do now?" Connor asked.
"I.... I want to go home." Alexis muttered, feeling completely drained from last nights events.
"A reckless choice. I say we find out exactly what Oramis wanted to use the Red Cross for." Daku said, rejecting Alexis' wants. Still, though, she didn't shoot down what he said. She was a little curious herself but whether she want's to find out, is still questionable.
"We are going to go to Heavenly Mountain." Tristen spoke up, already having a plan in mind.
"Why would we do that?" Daku glared at him, already annoyed.
"To have a little chit-chat with a certain angel of course." He smirked, saddling up the horses.


Chapter 26: Flying
Alexis needed some time to herself while they stopped to rest near a river. She wasn't sure where they were but trusted Tristen to lead them in the right direction. She looked down at the ground below her, watching the grass gets crushed down to the ground with each step she took. 'It must be sad... always being walked on constantly pushed down...' Alexis thought to herself. 'I'm so sick of nothing going right... ' She looked up from the ground to see a man standing in front of her. She was frozen with fear. It felt like she was rooted to the ground. Dark red eyes looked at her as if peering into her soul. His long black hair, slightly covering half of his face, raised slightly to size her up. It was the vampire that attacked her village, asking for her parents. It was Clarike.
"W-what are you doing here?" She stuttered out.
"It's almost time Alexis." He had a sickening smirk as he stepped closer. He stopped his hand, just as it barely grazed her cheek. Rage flashed through his eyes.
"Alexis? Where are you?" She turned around as Tristen's voice reached her ears. Seconds later, she spotted him jogging towards her, a soft smile on his face. She turned back around, only to realize the vampire was no longer there. "What are you looking at?" Tristen asked, finally catching up to her. Her blue hues shown with hesitation before turning back to him.
"Nothing. I just saw a rabbit earlier. I guess you scared it off when you yelled." She smiled as he faked a hurtful expression. The two continued walking alongside the river in a comfortable silence until... Splash Tristen pushed Alexis in the water, much to her annoyance. "What the heck!?" She swam back up to the surface to meet the laughing dark angel. With a smirk plastered on her face now, she grabbed him by the leg and pulled him in as well. They continued to play in the cool water, splashing and pushing each other under the light current. Just a few more splashes later, and Tristen was already out once again, helping Alexis out as well. Before she could thank you, though, he picked her up while two big black-feathered wings sprouted from his back. "What are you doing?" She asked as he shot up into the sky with her clinging onto him.
"I figured it's about time you learn to use your wings." He told her while she looked at him questioningly.
"I have wings as well?" She asked, slightly hoping the answer was yes. "How are you going to teach me to u-" Before she could finish asking her question, she was already plummeting down to the ground with Tristen watching from above. Her hair danced ferociously in the air as she opened up her mouth, letting out a silent scream. She wasn't sure what she was supposed to do so she closed her eyes, waiting for the impact. Seconds later, her whole body felt warm. Opening her eyes, she realized she was in Tristen's arms once again.
"Well... it looks like that didn't work out like I had planned. I thought you were going to fly to avoid dying. Like a sink or swim type deal... but in the sky." He reasoned but only received a glare from the shaking female. "But that was a bad idea... huh?" He lightly chuckled but soon stopped, noticing she was not amused.
"Put me back on the ground, please?" She asked. He nodded and quickly flew back down as she jumped out of his grasp.
"I said I'm sorry. Would a kiss make you feel better?" He asked, causing her face to be painted with a crimson red.
"O-of course not!" She stammered. She started walking away from him in quick steps. He followed her nonetheless and wrapped an arm around her waist.
"Aww... but you liked it before~" He purred in her ear, teasingly.
After a few minutes, Tristen finally stopped teasing her. They both were enjoying their time together. Who would have thought they would come this far? Alexis still couldn't fully believe any of this was happening. Her life became one big mission in one day. Or could it have started earlier than that? When she was born? (A/N: I am listening to wolf in sheep's clothing when writing this chapter and I can't help but think of Tristen and Oramis when this song plays XD) Both looked to their left to see a kid sitting on the edge of a cliff, reaching their hand out. Someone must be stuck! Alexis ran over to the scene with Tristen close behind.
"What's going on?" She asked the little boy as he looked up at her.
"M-my sister f-fell and h-her branch is about t-to break!" He cried. Alexis looked over the edge to see a little girl barely holding on a loose root that's sticking out. Just as she was about to say something, it finally broke, sending her plummeting to her death. Without thinking, Alexis jumped off, reaching out for the girl. Once able to grab her, she pulled her to her chest and hugged her tightly. Suddenly, a burning pain erupted from Alexis' back. It felt as if her skin was ripping apart but seconds later, two large pearly white wings sprouted from her back. Unsure of how exactly to use them, she felt worried.
"Think about what you want them to do!" She heard Tristen yell. Blinking back tears, she did as he said. After a few flaps, she was no longer falling. Slowly, she made her way back up with the child in her arms. Once at the top, she set her down and smiled.
Before she could ask them if they were okay, both kids screamed and ran away from her, yelling, "Monster!"
She felt a little hurt but shrugged it off. At least they were safe. Plus, she could use her wings now! But, the pain from before still lingered on her back. As seconds passed, the pain intensified. Falling to her knees, she reached around her body, trying to grab her back as a few tears rolled down her face. She could tell Tristen was talking to her but she couldn't make out what he was saying as she became light-headed. With one last futile attempt to bite back the pain, she passed out.


Chapter 27: He’s Back


Alexis woke up with a cold, wet cloth on her forehead. 'How long have I been out?' She asked herself, noticing that the clouds were painted orange in the sky. Her head was pounding slightly as she sat up. "Ah, look at whose awake now." She looked to her right to see Connor sitting next to her. "Are you feeling better?" He asked, smiling softly.
"Yeah, I guess. My head hurts a little bit but other than that, I'm fine." She answered, removing the rag from her head.
Connor gently took it from her grasp. "Tristen brought you back. You have been out for 8 hours. He told us you were able to fly but the pain made you pass out." Alexis looked around and as if knowing what she was going to ask, Connor continued. "All four of them left to the hill ahead to see what direction we should head and how long it should take us. They should be back soon, so don't worry." Alexis looked a little confused.
"What do you mean four?" She asked, furrowing her brows.
Connor chuckled. "Daku, Tristen, Hana, and Oramis of course. Are you sure you're okay?" He asked.
Alexis turned to fully face him. "Why is Oramis here!?"
Now it was Connor who looked at her confused. "He has been with us, Alexis. He has never left. Are you sure you're OK?"
Alexis felt very uneasy but, she couldn't remember why. It feels like she forgot why she doesn't want Oramis with them but can't seem to recall why. "He can't be with us. He is very dangerous Connor."
"Why would you say that?" Connor tilted his head.
"... I can't exactly tell you why. I can't remember why it is but please trust me when I say he can't be with us." She pleaded but Connor only smiled and softly patted her head.
"I think you need more rest. You're acting weird." He chuckled.
Before she could protest, footsteps and loud arguing voices came up behind her. She turned around, her gaze falling on Daku, Tristen, Hana, and Oramis. Hesitantly, she stood up and glared at the elf, but still had no idea why she was so upset. Tristen was the first to notice her upset state. "What's wrong?" He asked.
"W-why is Oramis here!?" She yelled, pointing an accusing finger at the male.
"Why wouldn't he be here?" Tristen asked, looking at the elf. "Did you do something to her?" He asked but only received a no as an answer. "More importantly... are you feeling better?" He returned his gaze back to the fuming girl.
"I.... I don't know!" She tugged on her hair, annoyed as she tried racking her brain for answers as to why she was so mad at the elf but it hurt trying to do so. She felt guilty for accusing him of something she doesn't know of herself but it felt like he shouldn't be there.
"Calm down." Oramis walked up to the girl and gently grasped her hands, keeping her from harming herself in any other way. "What did I do? Why do you hate me?" He asked, innocent eyes boring into her scared ones.
"I... I don't know." She looked down shamefully. Without hesitation, Oramis pulled her into a comforting embrace to try and calm her nerves which only caused her to stiffen. 'This feels so wrong...' She thought to herself. Looking past her shoulder, she noticed Tristen acting as if he couldn't care less about the action, which confused her. Normally, he would be trying to pull Oramis away from the young half angel but instead, he seems to be
distracted by talking with Hana, which slightly angered Alexis more. She removed herself from Oramis' grip and, after sending him a glare, walked towards the neko and fallen angel. "W-what uh... what are you guys talking about?" She asked shakily.
Tristen looked at her and shrugged. "Nothing much..." He lightly grabbed Hana's hand. "Come on, I want to show you something." He looked at Alexis for a second. "See you in a bit." With that, he left her for Hana.


Chapter 28: I’m Finally Awake
Alexis glared at Hana as she talked with Tristen. They ended up continuing on their journey but now she was sitting with Oramis since Hana beat her to Tristen. Their smiles pierced through her heart, angering her to no extent. Is this what they call jealousy? Alexis wanted to be the one with Tristen right now, making him laugh as the neko is. Anguish swam in her blue hues. Her attention was pulled away from the pair by the sudden stop of the horses. Looking ahead, she realized the area around her looked familiar. Before asking where they were, she saw two little kids run out in front of them. The scene made her eyes widen. It was a younger version of Ethan and herself running around, but it seemed like they didn't notice them, nor did Daku, Connor, Hana, or Tristen. But... Alexis realized Oramis could see them. Before he could continue on Alexis jumped off the horse. "What the hell's going on!?" She asked, turning everyone's attention towards her.
"What do you mean?" Oramis asked, faking confusion.
"Why am I seeing the younger versions of me and Ethan?" She asked, crossing her arms. 'I knew something was up... no wonder this place looked familiar.' She thought. "Oramis, I hope you know you're not fooling me. You fooled me once but now I can see right through all your empty lies." She still wasn't fully able to remember why it was that her trust in him was wavering but she decided to trust her gut. She refused to look him in the eyes, feeling like he was trying to peer into her mind when she did.
"I don't understand what you're talking about." He tried to reason with her but to no avail.
"Don't lie to me!" She yelled, clenching her hands into fists. In the blink of an eye, the world around her seemed to waiver, blurry one second but then back to normal. Or was what she was seeing even normal, to begin with? "This isn't real... is it?" She looked down, letting her bangs cover her face.
Oramis sighed but then smirked. "I am honestly surprised you still didn't trust me. I think I could have gotten away with this... if only I knew that you have been to this area before." Everything around her disappeared as the ground under caved in, swallowing her whole. She was enveloped in darkness with Oramis standing in front of her. "I was a little worried at first when you were saying how much you didn't trust me but I decided I could make a distraction to turn your attention anywhere else besides me." Alexis thought about how close Hana and Tristen were but then blushed, realizing that it was all a trick and that she fell into his trap. "It worked for a little while." His smirk grew wider. "You really do seem to be a martyr to lies... you poor little girl."
"No thanks to you, jackass."
"What a dirty mouth you have." His glare hardened. "Keep this in mind, Alexis. I can always get into your head. You may have found out this time but will you next time? Who's to say I won't always be in your head, making you feel and see false things?" Madness was gleaming in his eyes, sending shivers down her spine. "You can awake now." With that, she felt like she was falling once again.
Alexis jolted up into a sitting position, eyes wide open and heart racing. "Alexis! You're awake!" She was hugged by Connor, Hana, and Tristen. "Are you okay!?" Hana asked, a worried gaze looking her up and down.
"Y-yeah." Alexis looked between everyone. "Is Oramis here?" She asked.
Everyone fell silent. "Did you forget what happened with him?" Tristen asked but after receiving a "no", he smiled. "Good. Then why would you ask?"
"I had a dream..." She began telling everyone about the dream, leaving out certain parts out of embarrassment. After a few minutes of silence afterward, she started to feel uncomfortable. "Don't worry. We'll keep you safe, as best as we can. So just rely on us?" Connor gave her a reassuring smile and she knew in that moment, she was finally awake. She understood everything in that one simple sentence. Her whole life has been like a blurry, reckless dream until now. The world looks different but in a good sense.
"Thank you, everyone." She smiled, feeling completely grateful in everyone she has right now. Now, she feels the safest she has ever felt before.


Chapter 29: A Night to Remember


They only had about one day left until they would reach Heavenly Mountain. The whole day, Alexis has felt a little bit uncomfortable. She still couldn't seem to get the vampire that attacked her village out of her head. "It's almost time, Alexis." Those words kept repeating in her head. A light breeze blew her hair back and carrying with it, a soft sweet smell. It was at that moment she realized she was hungry. Looking to her left, she saw Hana with the same hungry expression, making her giggle, which caught the neko's attention.
"What?" She asked innocently, obviously oblivious to the faces she's making.
"Are you hungry too?" Alexis asked, trying to contain her laughter.
"How did you know!?" She looked surprised which only amused the young warrior even more.
"Just a hunch." Turning her attention to Daku, who was to her right, she asked, "Do you think we can stay in the town up ahead for today.... And possibly the night as well?" She knew she might get yelled at so she braced herself but was shocked when he just nodded.
"I think that's for the best. If we do that, we should reach Heavenly Mountain by noon tomorrow." He announced his thoughts on the matter.
~Time skiperoo~
Alexis looked between everyone. There were only three rooms available. Now, the logical choice would be to get two rooms, one for the girls and one for the guys, but there were complaints as to that so they are going to get the three rooms while one would have a room to his or herself. The problem is, Daku want's to have a room to himself but Tristen want's to sleep in the same room with Alexis. After half an hour of arguing, they decided Daku would get a room to himself, Connor and Hana would share a room (Mostly because Alexis want's them to be together), and Alexis and Tristen would share a room. Daku was still pissed about the arrangement but no one else had any complaints so.... Majority rules.
"Ah~ It's so soft~." Alexis cooed as she flopped down on the bed while Tristen chuckled at her behavior, seating himself in a chair near the bed. A sudden wave of sleepiness washed over her. Tristen noticed and smiled.
"If you want to take a nap, go ahead. I'll wake you up when it's dinner time. In the meantime, I'll probably join Connor in checking out the shops around here and getting food." He softly pats her head before walking to the door.
"Thank you, Tristen." Alexis stripped herself of her shoes and climbed under the covers after hearing the door close. It didn't take long until sleep consumed her.
~Yes, Another time skip... I know...~
Alexis shot up, sweat rolling down her face, eyes wide. "Are you okay?" She heard Tristen's voice beside her. Without a second thought, she ran into his arms. She felt him stiffen for a second but relaxed soon afterward and wrap his arms around her. "It was just a bad dream, don't worry." He looked down at her with a reassuring smile.
"Y-yeah... thanks." She returned the smile but still felt a little uneasy. She felt like the dream was a warning, but it's not one she would want to tell him about. It felt real, but she prayed it was fake.
"You’re welcome. Anyways, the food is done so let's go eat, okay? We are going to be eating in Connor and Hana's room." He started leading her out. "She is surprisingly a good cook. I was her taste-tester." He grinned, causing Alexis to let out a tiny chuckle. Opening the door to their room, she was hit with the smell of chicken and garlic.
"Ah, Y'all are here! Come one, I finished setting the table!" Hana grabbed Alexis' hand and pulled her farther in while Tristen closed the door behind them. Alexis sat down, a wide smile on her face as she looked at the food laid out in front of her. "Alright, let's dig in!"Alexis looked over at Tristen with a calculating gaze as he ate and joked around with the neko and vampires. As a few thoughts crossed her mind, a rosy blush started to creep up her cheeks. She knew what she wanted to do before they left for the mountain. And if she was going to do it, it had to be tonight.
"Alright, you have been quiet ever since dinner. What's wrong?" Tristen asked, turn Alexis, who was brushing her hair, around to face him. He was just dressed in his pants while she was in a gown that the ended at her knees, given to her by the Inn they were staying at.
"What do you mean?" She asked, trying to control her blush. She was embarrassed by what she had planned but wanted to do it nonetheless.
"You know exactly what I mean. And why is your face red? Are you getting a fever?" He asked, putting his hand on her forehead.
She bit her bottom lip and put her hand on his, looking him in the eyes. A sudden air of confidence surrounded her as she spoke, "I want you to take me, Tristen."
There was a long moment of silence while he tried to fully comprehend what she had said. Seconds later, his face turned a scarlet red. "W-what!? A-are you sure?" He stuttered out, completely surprised by her sudden request.
She was embarrassed, but still 100% sure of what she wanted. Nodding her head, she leaned up and softly kissed him. It didn't take long until he began kissing her back, placing his hands around her waist while she snaked hers around his neck and then into his hair, slightly tugging on it as he pulled her closer, deepening the kiss. Moments later, she felt the bed under her and his hands traveling to her thighs, pulling up her gown. He broke their kiss, only to trail more down her neck and collarbone, searching for her sweet spot. Once hearing a light moan, he felt more confident and started sucking on the last place he kissed, causing her to moan more. He pulled her gown fully off before peppering more kisses across her chest. In mere seconds, her bra was off and on the ground, next to her gown. He trailed his tongue to her breasts and began sucking on the left nipple while massaging the right. Alexis felt herself becoming hotter as she tried to suppress the moans that were threatening to come out. Soon he switched and continued the same actions with the opposite bosom, glancing up at her face for a second.
Once pleased, he began pulling down her now wet panties and discarded them to the floor. Alexis felt her face burning now as she watched him take off his own pants and boxers. She closed her eyes as he positioned himself at her entrance. He gave her a light kiss on the cheek. "Ready?" He asked, only receiving a nod and a shaky "Yes" as a reply. Quickly, he entered her as tears sprang from the corner of her eyes due to the pain. He starts to kiss her, trying to get her mind off of the pain. After feeling comfortable, Alexis slightly nods, letting him know she was ready. Slowly, he starts to thrust in and out of her and within seconds, he starts to hear her sweet moans slip off of her tongue like honey. He speeds up as she clings onto his back, digging her nails into his flesh and arching her back in pleasure. Her moans become muffled as he kisses her once again, with more passion than the last.
She starts to feel an unfamiliar knot in her stomach as she starts to reach her climax. With one last moan, she releases, along with Tristen. Pulling out, he lies on the bed next to her, both panting. A smile creeps up on Aleixis' face as she cuddles up to his chest. "I love you." She announced, complete happiness engulfing her."I love you too." He wrapped his arms around her, running his hand through her long, white strands.
Chapter 30: Goodbye
Alexis smiled as she stood next to Tristen. They had finally made it to Heavenly Mountain. It was late in the afternoon by the time they made it. She scanned the many trees that littered the area. They couldn't take the horses with them anymore so the rest of their short journey would be on foot. Nearing the top, the group started hearing screams and the sound of swords clashing with one another. Dread filled Alexis as a shiver went down her spine. She was scared but ready. They quickened their pace to see a full out battle against the Angels and Vampires. She saw a woman, that she assumed was one of her sisters from how identical they looked, fighting Clarike. Her eyes widened as she saw Oramis in the back.
"Ah, who would have thought I would be meeting you here." Alexis turned to see Clarike now beside her. He ended up getting one of his other warriors (slaves) to fight against Rose while he went after Alexis.
She quickly drew her sword just in time to block his attack. Sparks flew as the two pieces of metal collided with one another. "Same here." She glared at him, trying to spot any openings. He took a step back, smirking at her confident expression. "Do you really think that you will be able to defeat me? You're still very ignorant in the art of sword fighting." She could feel his bloodlust radiating off of him. "You're still weak."
"Physical strength isn't everything. I just have to be smarter than you."
"Both you lack it." His smirk widened as he swung at her, swords clashing once again. Alexis stumbled back a bit by the amount of force he used.
"Alexis!" Tristen, now noticing her predicament, stepped in and tried to attack the vampire from behind. Clarike pushed Alexis back and ducked from Tristen's attack, turning around and trying to stab him. As Tristen and Clarike pared, Alexis tired to think of a way to help. Then the dream from a few nights ago popped in her head once again. Looking around, she noticed Oramis fighting with Daku and Connor trying to protect himself and Hana from both Angels and Vampires. It was clear to her that if she didn't do anything, they were all going to die. Everything was happening so fast. All she wanted was to talk with her sister(s) but now, she and her friends were fighting two different armies, both wanting them dead.
Alexis grabbed and ripped off, her locket. Taking a deep breath, she closed her eyes and opened it. A bright light engulfed her, causing everyone to stop to see what was happening as it slowly engulfed the mountain along with it. "No... NO DON'T DO THAT!" Both Tristen and Clarike yelled, struggling to get to her. The necklace burned her hands, along with her whole body. She knew what was going to happen.
~The Dream: Alexis' POV~
"Mother!" I felt my eyes start to sting and my vision was becoming blurry. She looked at me, a soft smile on her face and her eyes were full of tears as well. I ran to her as she wrapped her arms around me in a comforting hug. "Please tell me it's you..." She chuckled and nodded her head, wiping away my tears that were now falling. Her hands were ice cold but it felt good against my burning cheeks. I noticed besides her was dad, a wide grin on his face as he walked closer to my mother. Wrapping his arms around both of us, we hugged, not wanting to ever let go.
"Honey. There is something I need to tell you." A little hint of sadness was laced in her tone as she pulled away. "There is going to be a war soon. I am afraid you and your friends are going to die."
I was taken aback by her statement. "What do you mean?"
"The angels and vampires are going to be fighting at Heavenly Mountain. You can still leave them once the fight begins and run away. Then you can live and-"
"What do you mean by leaving them!? Why would I do that?" I felt fresh tears start to form. "If you want them to live through, then you will die." I waited for her to explain. How could she even think that I would be okay with them dieing for me? I would much rather trade my life so that they can live. "If you use the power of the necklace, you can kill all those that you wish. But in doing so, it will also take your life. I wanted you to keep it so it could stand as a threat to keep people from trying to harm you... but obviously, that didn't work out. I don't want you to kill yourself, honey. But... I'm sure you wouldn't want them to die either, am I right?" She smiled sadly at me.


"Yeah... how exactly do I use it?" Hesitantly she started to explain while I listened. No more people will die for me. This time, I'll be able to protect the ones that I love.
~End of dream~
Alexis winced, shots of pain and discomfort went throughout her body. She looked to see Connor, Tristen, Daku, Oramis, Hana, and Clarike trying to get to her. She knew they wouldn't be able to no matter how hard they tried. There was a barrier put up around her that only she could take down now. She fell to her knees, the pain becoming too much. Still, she kept the locket open. One by one, all the vampires and evil angels started falling, never to awaken again. Clarike griped his chest, eyes becoming dull. A second later, he lay on the ground dead. 'It's working' Alexis thought.
Soon, the barrier fell, along with Alexis. Tristen ran over and pulled her into his lap, moving her hair out of her face. "Alexis! Why would you do that!? You're such an idiot!" Tears were rolling down his cheeks as he held her close. Her dull blue eyes looked up at him, a sad smile shone as she strokes his cheek. "You knew this was going to happen, didn't you!? Why would you do this!?" He yelled.


"I.... I wanted to protect you... Please don't be mad." She breathed out, slowly feeling weaker. His shoulders began to shake uncontrollably. "I love you Tristen. I didn't want to see you die. Please understand." She wiped away his tears. "Don't cry. It doesn't suit you. You're supposed to be a badass fallen angel, not a crying crow."
The others started to gather around her, along with her sister's, eyes wide but refusing to say anything. "We did all of this so that you could live! How could you just choose to die after all we went through!?" Tristen broke into a sob, hugging her close to his chest, afraid that if he let go, she would disappear. Which is exactly what's going to happen.
"I love you Tristen. Don't worry though... I'll be with my parents. Plus... I'll watch over you. I'll still be here so.... Don't be sad. I enjoyed the time I had with you, all of it. I have no regrets. After this, please continue on with your life. I want you to find someone besides me that makes you happy. You have to have kids okay?" Tears started to cascade down her cheeks as her voice started to shake. "I'm sure you would be an amazing father." Alexis leaned her head up and placed a soft kiss on his lips. "I have to go. I'm feeling really sleepy now. But remember, I will always love you."
"N-no! You c-can't leave me!" Alexis closed her eyes.
"Smile, don't cry." She whispered, loud enough for him to hear. "I don't want you crying to be the last thing I see." She tiredly opened up her eyes one last time. Trying to swallow the ball in his throat, Tristen sadly smiled at her.
"You're so selfish, you know that?" He asked.
Alexis chuckled lightly. "I know." With that, she let out her last breath and became limp in his arms. Tristen cried loudly, not wanting to let go. But now, she was with her parents, never to be taken from them again.
Sign up to rate and review this story