Categories > Original > Drama > Burning Regret

A Party

by JadeHathawy 0 reviews

Unknown to why Oramis goes to the party. After he is about to leave though, he finds the ones who has invited him. After a little bantering, he gets more comfortable. Is this a step closer to long-...

Category: Drama - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Humor - Published: 2017-10-29 - 1059 words

0Unrated
I couldn't stand myself right now. Here I am, in a house full of vampires. I could have just ignored the letter but I let my curiosity get the better of me. They were serving glasses of blood, which I thought was disgusting. I could never fully understand a vampire's diet. I gulped, feeling out of place as I looked at the group around me, gossiping and biting each other. I was about to walk back out but Connor grabbed my arm, stopping me. Where had he been this whole time? "Where are you going?" Confusion danced in his eyes. His cold hands sent shivers up my arm. I pulled back, uncomfortable by his touch.



"I am going home. I shouldn't have come. This is silly and a waste of my time."



"It's not silly. We have never had an elf here before, it's nice. Come, follow me." He urged me to stay. Agreeing, for a reason I don't fully understand, he led me away from the other people and down dimly lit corridors that opened up to a library. I scanned the room, taking in all the sights from the light dust on a few shelves to the freshly polished ones on the other side. I wasn't surprised, Daku seemed like the formal literate type of person.



"So he actually came?" Speak of the devil... I turn around to face him. He looked annoyed. "Don't just stand there. Come, sit." He led me to a small round table surrounded by the polished shelves. There was a small candle in the middle of the table that danced ever so lightly as it cast shadows around us. "Why did you decide to come?" Daku broke the momentary silence as I returned my attention to him.



I smirked. "Curiosity? It's not every day a vampire invites an elf over."



He chuckled dryly at my response. "True. Who is to say that I didn't invite you here to kill you though?"



"Oh, wouldn't you rather torture me for information?" I set my elbows on the table, my head resting in the palms of my hands. He raised a questioning eyebrow as I continued. "You know, the typical tie me up in chains in a dark room and try to get information on the angels out of me. Or could it be, you just fell in love with me at first sight?" I winked, causing him to roll his eyes. I would be lying if I didn't say I was beginning to enjoy myself.



"That could all depend. Which one do you want?" I was taken by surprise. I didn't think that he would play along. "Then again, maybe you like being chained up." His professional demeanor fell completely.



"Only if you are the one doing it." He rolled his eyes and crossed his arms, I was very amused. All of the tension in the air had fully disappeared and it felt comfortable.



"Rumor has it though, that the angel queen, Carol, is dead but her child is still alive. The one she had with our king?" Should have known he would want to talk about that. "What are you planning on having happened to the child once you find it?"



I sighed, not really wanting to talk about it, but it wasn't confidential. "The king wants her dead." "Do you agree with that choice?" I was surprised. "It is true, it would be a threat with its strength but do you believe that the child should be killed?" I thought about it for a moment. It is true that I didn't really want to kill it but... my opinion doesn't matter. I don't even know why I am thinking about it.



"If the king wants the child killed, then it shall not see another day after we find it." The words fell out of my mouth harsher than what I wanted. It seemed wrong but I am a loyal follower of the Angels. I brought my voice down to a whisper. "It would be wise for you not to speak of this around town. If it was to be heard by the wrong pair of ears, then your head would be posted for all to see." The king has grown harsher. It doesn't matter who you are, if you talk in such a way, you will be killed without hesitation nor a trial. He had no more patience and has started spending more time locked up in his room due to the betrayal of his late wife.



Daku chuckled. "What a truly frightening thought. Not for me but for those who must see my face daily until the pesky scavengers pick at it until it's nothing but bone." He leaned in his chair. "Still, if the king were to do something of the sorts, he can expect a full out war with both of our kinds.."



"If that does happen, I hope he realizes the Elves will take no part in it. If he picks a fight with Vampires, that is his problem. We have done nothing to upset them quite yet." I mused at the idea. I pictured the idea of our leader turning down his pleas for help. The face the king would make sent shivers all throughout my body.



"But I thought your king was nothing more than pets at his feet that done anything he said." I laughed at the thought. The king wouldn't be where he is right now if it wasn't for us. We are more powerful. The angels are nothing more than humans with wings and special healing powers. The only reason why people think so highly of them is that they have made humans believe they were powerful. In all reality, God does not exist. They have fooled everyone into believing it and therefore, causing them to think that they were strong since they are God's closest children. Along the way, they ended up fooling themselves into believing their lies as well. False hope and trust are all that is left in most creatures hearts and mind when they look at angels. "Of course not. If anything, they are the ones hooked on our leash." I scrunched my nose up in disgust. He nodded, understanding, if not all the way but a bit, as to where I am coming from. Not everyone was blind.
Sign up to rate and review this story