Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Scarlet Record

Dogs VS. Old Man

by Noizchild 0 reviews

The old man's soul encounters the hunters and mocks them before one of them attacks and tries to capture him.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2017-10-31 - 516 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Twenty-Three: Dogs VS. Old Man:

The hunters came in front. The old man frowned.

"Oh," he said. There were three of them. All dressed in brown and black. Guns on their backs. The old man curled his nose. Was the leader chewing gum? He stepped forward with his phone in hand.

"You sent this?" he asked.

"Who's asking?" the old man asked. The leader sneered.

"Izumi is this him?" he asked. A hunter with a computer hit a button on the keyboard.

"Yeah," Izumi said. "This is one of them." The old man snorted.

"I have a name, you know," he said. "It's Shinya!" The leader rolled his eyes.

"Whatever! Price?" he said. Izumi scanned his data again. Shinya threw back his head and groaned.

"Again with the money?" he asked. "So boring!"

"What did you say?" the third hunter asked. Shinya cocked his head.

"Is that all you think about?" he asked. "Money? So boring. I just…" The old man shook his head.

"What?" the leader asked. Shinya dropped his shoulders.

"Pity you," he finished. The leader gritted his teeth.

"You!" he hissed.

"And there it is," the old man said. "Greedy and angry. What are you going to do next? Attack me? Drag me with you? I know your tricks. You hunters are the same." He narrowed his dark eyes.

"You will never take me!" Shinya hissed. The leader gritted his teeth.

"Fuck you, old man!" he yelled. "Get him!" The third hunter raced towards their target. Just when he's about to grab him, he's sent flying across the room. The hunter groaned, rubbing his nose.

"Ow!" he complained. His leader glared at him.

"What the hell are you doing?!" he yelled. "Get up and get him!"

"Yeah!" the other hunter said. He ran to grab the old man. The hunter was sent flying across the room again. He gave up after two more times.

"What the hell are you doing?!" the leader yelled.

"I can't catch him!" his companion yelled.

"What do you mean?!" the leader asked. Izumo got on his computer.

"He's got a shield around him!" he yelled.

"What?!" the leader shouted. Shinya smirked.

"It's like I said," he said. "You will not catch me!" The leader gritted his teeth.

"Fuck off, old man!" he snapped.

"Maybe, we shouldn't make him mad," Izumi suggested.

"Shut up, you turd!" the leader snapped. Shinya smiled and shook his head.

"Okay, enough with the games," he said. The old man lifted his hand and whispered a faint chant. Izumi's eyes widened.

"Oh no, he's…!" he shouted. In a flash, the other two were gone. Izumi looked around.

"What the-?!" he asked. Shinya smiled.

"Don't worry," he said. "They're fine. I just sent them away." The bounty hunter blinked.

"But why am I still here?" he asked.

"You're decent unlike your companions," the old man said. "You should be a shinigami."

"Uh…" Izumi said, blinking. Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. Shinya smiled.

"Ah, the right people are here," he said. Izumi turned his head.

"Huh?" he asked. Then, the door opened.
Sign up to rate and review this story