Categories > TV > Teen Wolf > Legends

Episode: 1, A Smashing Day

by Jade_Argent 0 reviews

Find the episode on other platforms! (Link in Bio)

Category: Teen Wolf - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2017-12-18 - 3433 words

0Unrated
Episode 2
A Smashing Day

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Seraphina Argent had barely slept. Even though her eyes were shut, it appeared as if her brain had been working all night and so she woke up even more exhausted than when she'd gone to bed.

She sat for a moment on the edge of the couch with her hands over her eyes, acting as a reluctant but habitual eavesdropper to a medley of sounds comprising far and wide as the morning noises of the coffee maker from the Argent House to the distant rustle of leaves.

She clasped her hands around her ears and screwed up her face in an expression of acute agony as Allison's morning alarm blared.

"Holy mother of—"she cussed and got up to trudge to the bathroom.

Annoyance etched on every line of her face, she turned the facet on the sink. A few feeble drops of water flopped down.

Seraphina clenched her fists and cussed in a language that was clearly not English. She stormed to her shed door, yanked it open and continued on up to the house.

She was ready to hammer on the front door 'till someone opened it but to her slight surprise, it was already open.

Seraphina walked in to find the hallway empty. She could hear someone preparing breakfast in the kitchen. Not wanting to talk to anyone, she carefully tip toed down the hallway and came to a pause outside a door. From inside she could hear Victoria and Chris' voices as if they were standing right next to her. Evidently they'd just woken up, perhaps were still in bed. Without a small pretentious shrug and malicious intent, she turned the knob of the door and barged into the unlocked room.

"Bathroom not working" said Seraphina innocently as Victoria yanked the sheets up and Chris scuttled around in momentary panic.

Seraphina grinned satisfactorily before helping herself to the bathroom.

...



"Hey, Allison, let me give you a ride"

"Er—"

Allison looked at Seraphina, her dark helmet from the previous night covering her face and muffling her voice. She held out an old red helmet in one hand. Allison usually walked to school, taking the dirty road and meeting up with her friends mid-way and walking the rest of the way together.

Too polite to refuse, however, especially given the way her mother had treated Seraphina last night (she'd heard about how the old shed used by the servants of the previous owners was given to Seraphina to live in from Kate), she apprehensively accepted Seraphina's proposal and the helmet.

"Your father gave this to me" said Seraphina, indicating the helmet and in a way that suggested she was grinning.

The helmet was old and looked as if it hadn't been worn much. Seraphina swung her leg over her bike and jerked her head towards the seat behind her, indicating Allison to come sit, which she did rather cautiously.

"I have a rough idea of the directions. Just tell me if I make a wrong turn" said Seraphina thickly as she kick started the engine.

"Okay" Allison replied over the roar

"Also, Allison" yelled Seraphina

"What?" Allison yelled back

"Hold on tight!"

Seraphina revved her engine (to show off, no doubt, thought Allison) and roared off, making the resting birds ruffle their feathers angrily.

...



"Say whatever you want but I do think General Pathan was a little harsh on the team. I mean Seher had nearly just broken her wrist! You can't make someone do like 500 hundred pushups after that!" spoke Stiles Stilinski, the seventeen year old who's genius mind— outspoken nature with obscured dark hair and cute smile and rather pleasing face marking him as a social outcast in High School— was practically wasted on his friend of so lower geniousness

"Yeah but he was only trying to ignite the spirit of unity in them, right? I mean, they are the last things standing between humanity and total annihilation" Scott McCall, Stiles' best friend and until recently, partner in outcast remarked. His long brown hair fell carelessly over his eyes. Until two months ago, Scott McCall was a name few had even heard of in school. Living with a divorced mother, dyslexia, asthma and an uncanny ability to suck at sports made him almost like a non-entity. In fact it was this fact that brought Stiles and Scott together in the first place.

An event, however, had suddenly propelled Scott McCall into the limelight. Not only was Scott now the co-captain of the Lacrosse team, but his popularity had received a sudden boost too. Scott sometimes wondered if this could lead to a rift between the two friends. To his extreme relief, so far this hadn't been the case. Stiles was as friendly to him as ever. And good thing too. Without Stiles, coping with the event would've been an impossible task for Scott.

The two boys, as usual were walking down the same lane to school. A few of their fellow schoolmates walked too, chattering happily.

"Meh. Say whatever. I don't like him." Stiles said. He frowned and then looked up at Stiles "I mean I will call him a 'him' right? They haven't really gone into the backstory much as yet"

Scott shrugged

"I think they refer to him as 'ze' on the show" he said

"I hate this Pathan." said Stiles "But I also want to know "ze's" he stressed the last word, "backstory like ASAP. I've written to the creators but they just won't respond!"

Scott laughed. Stiles could be quite the fangirl at heart.

The sound of the bike's engine reached Scott's ears first. He quickly shifted aside, making Stiles follow suit.

He looked behind his shoulder to see it emerge, as if in slow motion, out of the corner in the dirty road. His eyes followed it as it zoomed past them up the lane.

"Woah" said Stiles, looking after the bike too. He then looked back at Scott and continued as if there was no interruption "So what do you think—"

"I think that was Allison" said Scott frowning after the trail of the bike.

"What? Allison? But how do you?" Stiles began "Oh..." he said reminding himself of his friend's new abilities.

Scott felt the urge to run and catch up to the bike, which he reasoned wouldn't be too difficult a task for him. Not only would it be a stupid thing to do but the sheer number of people and the fact that this was happening in broad daylight meant that Scott would most certainly be exposed.

They walked the rest of the way, Stiles chuntering on about Utopia, Scott only half paying attention, the pangs of new, young love making his heart beat against his chest painfully.

...



Allison was anxiously waiting for Scott to show up. Though she hadn't seen them, she was sure she had passed him on route.

"Oh there they are!" she exclaimed as the duo walked through the school gates.

Scott quickened his pace but tried to appear cool and calm as he walked over to Allison. A few feet behind her was the bike she'd ridden on with a girl leaning casually back on it.

"Hey" said Allison standing on tiptoes and hugging Scott, whose eyes met Seraphina's, as he hugged her back.

As their eyes met, Seraphina's lip curled for the briefest of moments but Scott caught it. Something about this girl was unsettling.

Allison pulled back and pecked Scott on the lips. She noticed both her boyfriend, and as she liked to call him, "her boyfriend's boyfriend' s" eyes fix on Seraphina who'd still not stood up straight.

Allison could still feel the eyes of her fellow school mates on them. Not used to seeing girls ride bikes to school, Seraphina's riding abilities and physique had drawn immediate attention and mutterings.

"Uh, Scott Stiles, this is a —" Allison wondered what to call her "distant relative of mine. She'll be completing her last year of school with us"

"Uh she looks a little old to be in High School" Stiles muttered under his breath.

Seraphina, who'd broken her eye contact with Scott to merely glance at the three of them with only a hint of interest on her face, smirked.

Something in Scott's head told him she'd heard what Stiles had said despite not being within hearing distance.

She finally stood straight and walked over to them. As she grew nearer, Scott's uneasiness grew. The fact that she was taller than Scott didn't really help.

She extended her hand and Scott took it. She gripped it really tight

"Hi, nice to meet you, I'm Sc—" began Scott

"What gorgeous brown eyes you have" she said cutting him off "Were they always this colour?"

"Excuse me?" Scott said, his heart skipping a beat. An image flashed before his eyes.

Scott McCall stood panting in front of the mirror. He'd never been this out of breath in his life. The sharp pain originating from his lower back where the wound bled profusely. Scott gripped the sides of the dresser so that whites of his knuckles propped out.

Behind him, he could hear Stiles scurry around for bandages.

Scott looked up in the mirror, into the piercing blue eyes... as they slowly turned brown...

"I mean" said Seraphina her lips curving into a smile "Are they naturally this beautiful shade of brown or do you wear lenses or something?"

"Uh" said Scott glancing at Stiles who was staring open mouthed at Seraphina "Yeah they're natural"

"Ah..." said Seraphina softly and let go of Scott's hand. She didn't really seem interested in talking to Stiles.

"Hey Scott" said a voice behind them. Jackson Whittemore, the school's jock and Lacrosse team Co-Captain with Scott had just walked over to them "Oh Hi there, Allison, didn't see you" he said side stepping Scott and grabbing Allison's hand "How are you Allison? How's that little Chemistry project coming? You know I thought if I could come over to help-"

"You wanted to talk to me" said Scott interrupting him.

Jackson's expression turned sour as he turned and said "coach wants to tweak the practice schedule a bit and he wants the team there to reach consensus"

"Okay, I'll be there" said Scott coldly

Jackson turned back to Allison "So as I was saying—"

This time it was Seraphina "Oh what sport do you play?"

"Lacrosse"

"Scott must be the Captain, right?"

"How do you know?" said Jackson, his face turning even sour

"Oh I don't know' said Seraphina passively, looking back at Scott and looking him up and down, "He just looks like he's... exceptionally strong and fast"

The hair on the back of Scott's neck stood up.

"I'll just—" Jackson pointed to something behind his back and walked away sulkily.

"Well I should go see someone in charge about my first day here" said Seraphina swinging her bag over her shoulder "I guess it's safe to leave you guys... for now"

She winked at Scott and turned away.

"She's so creepy" said Stiles as soon as she was a feet away

"I know right!" said Allison "You won't believe how much my mother hates her!"

"Shhhh!" said Scott to the both of them, his eyes fixed on Seraphina's back.

"What?" said Allison "She's so far, she can't hear us!"

Metres away, Seraphina smiled.

...

...

When will I get too old for this shit thought Seraphina as she dodged rogue teenagers rampaging around in the corridors in between classes. Her first lesson for the day was History which she was sharing, to his discomfort, with Scott McCall. He purposefully chose a seat at the back of the class to avoid Seraphina's dark eyes.

The teacher, a Mrs. Umney, clearly was in adept at handling students. After trying and failing to settle the class, she introduced Seraphina. Momentarily, the silence fell upon the class as those who'd seen Seraphina in the morning stared at her and those who hadn't stared harder.

After asking Seraphina to resume her seat, trying and failing to ask for the previous week's homework and trying and failing to engage the students in a discussion about the Colonial Empire, she resorted to reading passages from the textbook in the hopes that some diligent student somewhere would take notes.

A group of guys, Jackson included, had started throwing paper balls at each other. The total chaos of the class didn't seem to trouble Seraphina who stared at her empty desk, apparently deep in thought.

Ken a red haired, pug nosed boy who sat next to Seraphina threw a paper ball at Jackson, who expecting it, caught it. He stood up and hurled it back at Ken.

However he miscalculated the throw.

The ball sailed through the air, straight towards Seraphina's long dark head.

Without even glancing up from her desk, Seraphina casually raised her left hand, caught the ball and slammed it on to Ken's desk.

Scott's eyes widened. The circumstances weren't normal. He reached inside his pocket for his cell phone and discreetly typed the following words:

Need to talk. It's urgent. See me ASAP

Selecting from his contact list the name Derek Hale, he sent it.

...

...

It was nearly the end of school and Scott had spent most of his day in acute anxiety. His visage yelled out his inner emotions as he went behind the school building.

"What's the matter?" asked Derek Hale, a tone of exasperation in his voice.

Derek Hale was grimness personified. Standing at a daunting six feet tall with deep brown sharp upturned eyes and a heart shaped face, Derek wasn't much of a believer in human interactions, preferring to keep to and fend, for himself. He was, in every sense of the word, a beta wolf.

Scott and Derek had a chance meeting after The Event. Derek, like Stiles, had been vital in helping Scott cope and adjust to the new lifestyle, though as Derek pointed out, it wasn't all for the goodness of his heart.

Scott ran on all four.

The wind rustled in his ears, he dodged the many trees lining the woods. It was as if he was in a trance. Not a thought ran through his head except a voice. The Voice.

Scott had to get to the voice. It had called out to him.

He leapt over a big boulder with ease, the hair on his body flapping, his elongated teeth snarling.

Out of nowhere, it seemed, a much larger creature intercepted Scott. He caught hold of Scott's neck by his fangs and dragged him completely off path.

The huge creature dragged Scott behind a particularly thick clump of bushes. Scott struggled to free himself from the grip of the creature, but it pushed his head in the other direction, forcing him to watch through the small gap. Several feet away, Scott saw, as clearly as if they were right in front of him, a bunch of people, all armed, walking cautiously through the forests.

"See them?"

Scott whipped his head back to see the creature no longer there. A strong jawed dark haired man crouched in the same exact spot as it.

"Hunters" he continued "they hunt beasts like you and me. You got to be more careful of them"

Scott felt himself transform back into human.

"I can help you." the man said "I can teach you to use this gift to your advantage"

"Who are you and what do you want?" Scott asked, perplexed

"My name is Derek Hale and what I want is the Alpha"

"Derek" said Scott almost panting out of nerves "There's a big problem"

"And what form has the old friend taken now?" Derek asked almost lazily

"There's this new girl in school. Some relative—I don't know—cousin or something of Allison's—"

"Look if you like this girl or something and you want advice, I've told you before to not disturb me with crap like this" said Derek irritably

"Like her? Like her?!" Scott said a little hysterically "She's seems like a fucking psychotic killer!"

"Look" said Derek "Even if she is a hunter, it's not like she's going to shoot you. She doesn't know who you are"

'She does!" cried Scott "I'm certain she knows who I am!"

"What?" said Derek, confused "How even—"

"She... she asked me about my eye colour" said Scott trying to calm himself down "She said I looked exceptionally strong and fast and she—"

"Are you sure she wasn't just flirting with you?" Derek said amused

"You haven't seen her! She can, she can hear things, Derek! Just like we can! And her reflexes, she's fast too! She's not normal, I tell you!"

"What?" said Derek "Don't be absurd. She couldn't be one of us. Why would she hunt her own kind?"

He paused for a moment

"Look. You relax and try to stay away from her, okay? Let me see what I can do... Is she still in the building?"

"I don't know" said Scott jerkily "Maybe, yeah... Gym or something"

"Okay. Don't shit yourself over it." Derek said placing a band over Scott's shoulder "I'll handle it"

...

...

Seraphina didn't like to change in public. She'd chosen the remotest and most isolated corner for her to change into gym clothes. Making sure her back was firmly against the wall and wishing to draw as less attention as possible, Seraphina pulled off her shirt. Naturally, her firm torso drew eyes. Embarrassed, Seraphina pulled on her gym clothes as quickly as she could without making eye contact with anyone.

The sweaty, competitive and adrenaline charged atmosphere of the Gym was one Seraphina was familiar and comfortable with. She stood in a line along with the other girls waiting to play Volleyball.

The coach blew his whistle and said "Captains!"

Allison and a pretty ginger girl marched forward.

"Teams!" all the other girls quickly fell into two rows. One behind the ginger and the other behind Allison, leaving Seraphina, looking uncertain, behind.

"Do you know how to play Volleyball?" the coach asked Seraphina.

"Er… not really" admitted Seraphina.

"Who'll take her?" the coach asked the two girls.

The ginger, Daphne Reynolds, sneered and looked away in a 'no-way-I'm-taking-the-untested-newbie' expression.

"I'll take her" said Allison, a slight note of exasperation in her voice.

The coach blew his whistle and the girls took their positions.

"You stand here. Try not to take the ball. I'll teach you how to play properly during free time" said Allison guiding Seraphina to the back of her side of the court

"Okay" said Seraphina.

The match began. Allison was, unsurprisingly, rather good at the game. Given the tension and fervor, Seraphina could understand that Allison's team probably hadn't won many matches against their rivals. This time however, they appeared to be working hard.

Daphne's team scored a point as one of Allison's team players hit the ball outside the court. Allison cursed and glared at the girl, Gina. The score was 19-20 in Daphne's favour. They just needed one more point to win.

Daphne decided to serve herself. She walked purposefully at the end of the court and prepared to serve. As she did so, Seraphina's nerves tingled. She looked around the stadium. Something in the corner caught her eye.

She frowned and straightened up, momentarily forgetting the game as her eyes tried to make out the figure in the shadows.

"Seraphina!" came Allison's cry

Seraphina whipped her head back to the game, only to see the ball shoot towards her in full speed. No doubt, recognizing their weak spot, Daphne had hit the ball straight at Seraphina.

Without a second thought, Seraphina raised her hand and smashed the ball.

It shot back with four times the speed and energy. The girls on the opposite side of the court ducked and scurried out as the ball flew fast them and burst just before it hit the ground two feet outside the court.

The sound, louder and more terrifying than a gunshot, echoed across the stadium and silenced everyone as they shuffled to look around for the source of the sound.

Meanwhile, all those who'd witnessed it, stared at Seraphina, including the coach from who's mouth dangled the whistle since he was mid-way in blowing.

"Er..." Seraphina said looking around "Sorry?"

It was a few moments before a wave of mutterings swept over the stadium. The coach was in dismay and disbelief. Seraphina's team members and opponents whispered among themselves but she had eyes only for one person. The dark figure in the shadows that had disappeared like a ghost.
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Please follow, favourite and review!
Thank you!
Sign up to rate and review this story