Categories > Games > Mega Man > Phoenix Evolution

Epilogue

by darkskysong 0 reviews

The ending of Phoenix Evolution. What else can I say?

Category: Mega Man - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure - Characters: Other - Published: 2006-09-16 - Updated: 2006-09-16 - 941 words

0Unrated
Epilogue

"Go MegaMan. Mini Boomer battle chips, download."

MegaMan threw the weapons as accurately as he was able at his fast moving opponent. They fell short of their mark but the multiple explosions kicked up ice projectiles.

The other Navi was struck by a large chunk of ice. She slammed into an ice wall. The dent was so deep it held her in position.

His blaster shots had been aimed carefully. The Navi took the first few shots in the chest before pushing herself out of the ice and out of the way.

MegaMan was getting the upper hand and that would not do without a serious fight.

Phoenix used her speed and the ice blocks to get within range of MegaMan, without exposing herself to an attack. She struck out at him, her Long Sword whistling through the frigid air. MegaMan just barely stopped the blade between his hands. Instead of struggling for possession, Phoenix pulled on the sword and fully back kicked MegaMan.

It was his turn to fly into an ice wall. MegaMan picked himself off the floor, shaking off loose ice chips.

"Fire Tower battle chip, download. Level One Booster battle chip, download."

Phoenix drove her attack at MegaMan's latest position. "Magma Fire Tower!"

She knew how slippery MegaMan was. Phoenix appeared in the tower's wake, forearms already glowing with energy.

MegaMan had survived the tower by a Barrier chip. Even though he had been protected, MegaMan had still taken on damage from the attack.

"Phoenix blade!"

MegaMan parried with Variable Sword. He buckled under her force and energy. He was weakened further. If Lan didn't do something soon, they'll lose the match.

Kaie bit her lip in concentration. She knew Phoenix was running low on energy. They had been battling intensely for half an hour now. Kaie had already used up her Level Three Booster chip and the ways things were going, she didn't know what would happen next.

Phoenix held MegaMan in their stalemate, neither of them giving an inch. Both Navis were constantly losing energy. The Ice NetBattling Arena sapped a constant amount of a NetNavi's power if they stayed still for too long.

Lan worried about MegaMan. The duo rarely had long, intense battles these days; no organisations had been threatening he world for the past three years. The Program Advanced and the Level One Booster had been used somewhere in the battle to no absolute upset, though they did turn the battle in their favour. Lan was trying to regulate his heavy breathing as he noticed through the screen that was Kaie was also out of breath. He wasn't too surprised; the NetOps had been perfectly synchronized with their Navi during the entire match.

MegaMan managed to gather enough a burst of power to throw Phoenix away from him, ending the stalemate. They faced off from opposite sides of the ice field, taking a small breather. This was it; neither Navi could stand another major attack.

"Cyber Sword battle chip, download."

"Fire Sword battle chip, download."

MegaMan and Phoenix started running at the same time. Phoenix synchronized the other NetNavi move for move, step for step; it was the only thing that might help her now. Their swords came across their chests in preparation for the final attack to end the match. The Navis raced across the flat yet slippery ice, and then jumped from ice block to ice block as the gap between the two steadily closed.

They meet at the apex of their jumps; no one saw the sword attacks hit the other Navi. They were tired yet their attack speed remained to flabbergast onlookers - from around the world - watching at the Battle Arenas.

MegaMan landed heavily on his feet first. He fell to his knees; he had been sorely damaged by Phoenix's Fire Sword. MegaMan had enough energy to stay conscious but that was all.

Phoenix also landed roughly on her feet. She fell to her knees; somehow she had survived the brunt of the damage from MegaMan's Cyber Sword. Phoenix breathed in deeply, trying to stay conscious.

Every one waited in silence. It had turned into a test of wills. There could be no more battling without the certain risk of deletion.

The Arena's digitised voice broke the pregnant silence. "Phoenix logging out."

Kaie never wanted a repeat experience of watching Phoenix being deleted. She gave Lan a genuine smile. It had taken him three weeks after the Questing Tournament to challenge Kaie to a single battle rematch in TamaMedia's NetBattle Arenas. She was happy to let him have this victory, for there would always be future battles with Lan to anticipate.

Lan was paralysed with unexpected shock at the battle's result. They had just barely beaten Kaie Tama, after being trounced in their last encounter. "MegaMan, we won" he said, awed.

MegaMan grinned as Phoenix held out her hand to congratulate him back in the arena's stands.

"So" said Lan as MegaMan shook Phoenix's hand, "are we definite friends now?"

"Yes Lan." Kaie laughed kindly in her amusement. "Friends."


------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note:
Wow, this is it, this is the end. I can't believe it's finally done. I've had so much trouble trying to write this, my first fanfic ever, and overcoming the temptation to start other fics before I felt comfortable writing in character.

Thank you so much for actually reading Phoenix Evolution, I hoped you liked the story. It's been a joy to know that people like how I write.

I'm a bit sad that I've finished but I have a new fanfic to start to cheer me up. Reviews might be nice too, ooo, and ideas. ^_^
Sign up to rate and review this story