Categories > Books > Harry Potter

A Very Harry Christmas

by yangbabe 0 reviews

Who stole Ginny’s Christmas present? Why did Hermione and Ron break up? What are Fred and George planning? All this and more in my collection of Harry Potter short stories!

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Fred,George,Ginny,Harry,Hermione,Ron - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2018-01-25 - Updated: 2018-01-25 - 375 words

0Unrated
Hermione draped a string of glowing holiday lights over the Weasley’s Christmas tree. Inhaling the smell of pine needles and hot chocolate, she levitated a shiny gold star to the top.

She usually spent the winter holiday at Hogwarts, but when Ron asked her to come stay with him, Harry, and the rest of the Weasley clan, she couldn’t bear to refuse. After all, spending the week at Hogwarts would be quite productive, (and lonely) but it had been weeks since she’d taken a break from school. She was more than ready to unravel with her best friends.

When she arrived at the Burrow, Mrs. Weasley, (who insisted Hermione called her Molly) didn’t hesitate to welcome her into a warm embrace. And there were presents under the tree for her, too. It was clear that, whether she had Weasley blood coursing through her veins or not, she was part of the family.

“Hey, Hermione!” Ron walked into the living room, holding two steaming mugs of hot chocolate. (Complete with whipped cream and fluffy white marshmallows.) “Merlin’s beard— the tree looks fantastic!”

She couldn’t tell if he was serious, but after stepping back and looking at it herself, she was quite proud. In just a few minutes, she had transformed a weak old evergreen into a true Christmas tree, one that filled the room with that clichè holiday cheer she’d read about in muggle novels.

To further congratulate her, Ron gave Hermione a quick peck on the cheek. It wasn’t particularly special, but she could feel her cheeks redden.

“Dinner’s ready!” Mrs. Weasley called, hurrying into the den. “Roast beef and potatos!”

After a few minutes, they were all sitting at the dining room table, all eleven of them squeezed around the chipped wood, which housed gigantic platters of delicious looking creations. The entire family was there, even Bill and Charlie. Fleur, unable to apparate and stuck in France, was the only one missing. When Ginny had informed Mrs. Weasley of this, the woman had told her that “it would be easier to cook for eleven, anyway” all while shaking her head. But Hermione had sworn she could see a ghost of a smile on her face.
Sign up to rate and review this story