Categories > Movies > Star Wars > The Resistance

Chapter Six: Do You Think I Wanted This

by Studentwriter666 0 reviews

chapter 6

Category: Star Wars - Rating: G - Genres: Fantasy - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2018-02-13 - 3975 words

0Unrated
“Supreme Leader!” Yelled RD-12 from the command room.

Ren regained his footing and bolted for the command room. He could hear Rey’s footsteps close behind him.

RD-12 sat at the primary wheel of the ship, frantically clicking buttons on the panel before him. Just beyond the ship in the distance was a cruiser from the First Order, six starfighters hovered around the ship. It was a smaller model, typically used to transport a small battalion, six starfighters, and typically higher ranking officials.

“Sir they are attempting to make contact.” The droid said worriedly, handing a headset to Ren.

Ren thrust himself into the seat next to RD-12, angrily pulling on the headset. He could feel Rey standing behind him with concern, her fingers wrapped around the back of his chair. “Put them through.”

“Kylo Ren.” Came a familiar icy voice on the other end.

“Hux what is the meaning of this!” They had clearly been fired upon, but there was no mistaking Ren’s ship as anything other than one belonging to the First Order.

“Decisions have been made in your absence. Your leadership is no longer required… Ben Solo.” He spat out, a hint of delight in his tone.

A roar erupted from Rens lips.

Rey could hear the metal of the ships walls creak as his anger shook the ship.

Hux laughed on the other end. “Now, we know the girl is on board. We are preparing a ship to leach onto yours and board. If your ship moves even a parsec, we will blow the whole thing.”

There was a sudden thud at the back of the ship.

“It would appear they are prying open our main entrance sir.” The droid looked nervously at Ren.

“RD-12, prepare for battle if it comes to that. But man the controls. Do not move the ship.” Ren stood, his brow furrowed with anger and determination. “Come” He spat out walking past Rey. She followed.

He ran to a small compartment in the storage area, just past the decompression chamber that stood between them and the oncoming troops. He threw Rey her lightsaber and pulled out his own.

Another thud shook the ship.

Ren continued his frantic preparation, whilst Rey stood in shock.

“Stop!” She yelled suddenly.

Ren paused as he finished pulling on his gloves. Worry, anger, strength, and determination marred his features. “What. We don’t have time for that.”

In the state of shock Rey’s mental guards had faltered. He’d picked the thought right from her mind. “You aren’t letting them take me?” She stood, her stance for battle, legs apart, arm clutching tightly onto her lightsaber, but her eyes were locked on Ren imploringly.

“No. No I am not.” He shut the door to the compartment and walked past her into the dining area, still cleared from their meditation. It was the best spot for defensive positioning. Not only was it open enough to allow them to maneuver with their lightsabers without slicing cuts into the walls of the ship, it was close to the escape pod. He took position in the centre of the room, one leg slightly before the other, chest rising and falling rapidly with the mounting adrenaline coursing through his body.

Rey took position next to him, releasing her lightsaber, wincing at the loud thud that meant they had breached the entrance and were now making their way past the pressure chamber. She looked to Ren with doubt. A lone ship, two fighters, and one droid. “Why?”

He released his lightsaber, the glow of red reflecting off the walls of the room, it wash brighter than hers. “You know why!” He yelled, beating his chest, preparing himself for the onslaught.

The ships alarms stills buzzed in the background, now mingled with the whirling of their lightsabers, and the thud thud thud of the inner doors being broken down.

“Rey!” Came a sudden muffled voice from inside Rey’s tunic.

Ren glowered at her before returning his gaze towards where the enemy would enter.

Rey pulled out the small communication device from the folds of her clothing. “Um a little busy here Finn.”

Suddenly the last of the ships barriers exploded, and smoke filled the air of the ship. Rey tossed the device to the side of the room, it skidded and stopped against the wall. She grabbed her lightsaber with both hands, closing her eyes and reaching out with her mind to feel the amount of troops sent in to retrieve her.

“There's ten.” She calmly said inside his mind. He gave her a curt nod.

“Rey! They are sending a small battalion out to capture you and kill Ren! We intercepted one of their transmissions! You need to get out of there!” Finn yelled, the faint sound of the device barely breaking through the chaos all around the small ship.

Through the smoke stepped a cluster of soldiers. Rey had never seen them before They were dressed somewhere between stormtroopers and the praetorian guard she and Ren had faced off against. They were armored in white suits with detailed red markings. Instead of blasters they carried melee weapons, weapons completely new to her. They looked like variations on swords.

“Mandalorian Iron.” Came his voice in her mind. “The only metal able to withstand blows from a lightsaber.” An audible growl erupted from between Ren’s clenched teeth before his arm thrust out and the first row of soldiers flew back.

“Rey! Rey! Did you hear me! You need to get out of there!” Buzzed Finns frantic voice.

“Yes thank you Finn but I’m afraid you’re a little late” Rey yelled before jumping up, her lightsaber aimed at one of the soldiers. His sword flew up to meet her blow.

And it began.

The dull room was alight with smoke and the glow of lightsabers. At first the two fought side by side, but it became clear that that formation wouldn’t work. The soldiers were there to disarm and capture Rey and there to kill Ren. No matter how hard the two fought to stay together, they kept being separated by the different motives of the soldiers.

A slicing blow knicked Ren shoulder. He roared with anger, using one hand to choke the soldier, while he tried to stave off another with the other hand. The soldier fell dead on the floor and he sent his lightsaber through the other.

Four dead, two injured, four attacking.

Ren spared a glance at Rey. Her right arm was soaked with blood from a wound he couldn’t see. She’d been cornered by two soldiers who were trying to disarm her by weakening her. They’d both brought down their swords, and with both hands she clutched her lightsaber, sweat streaming down her face, her strength was wavering. She was struggling to keep them at bay as the two collectively pushed against her.

“WATCH OUT” Rey screamed.

Ren ducked and a blade flew by his face, just missing his ear. He jumped back so he was closer to Rey, his back to the large clear walls at the back of the room, Rey to his right. He sent his lightsaber slashing the back of one of the soldiers attacking her, raising the other with the force and sending him across the room into the remaining two attackers.

Rey jumped out from the corner. Running forward she leapt up, bringing her lightsaber down into the helmet of one of the masked attackers.

Abruptly she was pushed back, Ren taking her place to meet the blow of the remaining soldier. He kicked him in the chest, sending his body landing with a thud against one wall. He stood, panting with exhaustion, droplets of sweat trickling off his damp hair, and brought the lightsaber through the soldiers heart.

Rey was next to him instantly, looking for signs he was seriously wounded. He brushes her off and grabbed hold of her bloodied arm, looking for the source of the bleeding. “Hold still dammit.” Ren growled, adrenaline coursing through him still from the fight.

Rey swatted him away. “You’re the one covered in blood.” She crossed her arms raising an eyebrow, wincing with the pain that emanated from her right arm.

Ren looked down. He was. Splatters of red covered almost every inch of him. “Not mine.” He shrugged before lifting Rey up with the force and pinning her to the wall. She squirmed as he grabbed her arm, inspecting it. There was a large gash where her shoulder met her arm and one just past the dip of her elbow. They weren't deep, but the blood had the potential to make any weapon slip from her hand. He let go of her arm and ripped off the sleeve of his shirt. He brought his face inches from hers, feeling the warm breath escaping her lips from the rapid beating of her heart. He leaned in even closer, “You’ll be fine.”

She dropped to her feet and he thrust the torn sleeve into her hand. He spun on his heels and stalked off to the control room.

“Nerfherder” Rey mumbled, following behind him, tearing the sleeve apart to wrap around her arm.

Suddenly the ship violently shook again. They’d been fired on. The ships alarms began blaring even louder.

“Sir, it appears as if they have fired their own ship. The one attached, to make room for another to lock on. For more soldiers to arrive.” RD-12 fiddled with the control panel, in even more of a panic.

The ship shook again, but not with an explosion.

“Sir they have locked on.” The droids shoulders slumped in a slight indication of dejection.

“We’re going to have to try and jump to lightspeed.” Ren spat out, knowing full well they had the potential of being shot down as soon as they moved, but also of being tracked into lightspeed.

“Wait!” Rey yelled. Pointing out the large clear window before them. Seven small ships suddenly appeared, surrounding the First Order’s ship. “It’s the resistance! They’ve tracked me” She smiled.

The Resistance fleet instantly began shooting at the starfighters. Rey screamed with delight as the first starfighter was shot down, hitting the edge of the First Orders cruiser.

Ren let out a loud, deep, angry sigh. Those were still his ships, his men, being shot down, no matter what had been decided in his absence. His ears perked to the sound of footsteps and his head turned in the direction of the entrance. “They’re onboard. Alright. RD-12, you man the ship, listen to every word the girl says. Rey, man the blasters. Try and keep the ship intact to the best of your abilities.” He handed her the head set and pointed his chin in the direction of the small hole that led down to the cockpit that manned the blasters, at the belly of the ship.

She grabbed it and turned to leave but paused. “Can you take them?”

“We’ll see.” He had to do everything, everything he could to get them out of there in one piece. It wasn’t a matter of capture, of choosing a side. It was a matter of survival. Although he hated the scum that had arrived, he knew they had saved their lives, at least for the moment.

Rey tossed him her lightsaber, giving Ren a hint of a smile, before opening the latch that led down to the blaster cockpit and disappearing out of sight.

*

Rey jumped into the seat and began fiddling with the controls. Explosions rained before her as half the Resistance fighters splintered off and began attacking the cruiser, testing its shield to its limits. Starfighters buzzed by and one landed a blow, clipping the wing of their ship. “RD-12 avoid being hit at all costs do you hear me? Now follow that starfighter.”

As soon as the ship buzzed to life the cruiser began firing on them. RD-12 dodged, zigzagging from left to right. Resistance fighters and starfighters chased each other past the ship. Shots were being fired in every direction.

One starfighter, trying to avoid a resistance ship suddenly ducked in front of them, and Rey fired. The ship was going too fast, and as the starfighter exploded, their ship burst through the flames and debris, shaking their ship. “Keep her steady!” Rey yelled into the headset, aiming at another starfighter, trying her best to keep locked on as RD-12 kept swerving to dodge the cruisers blasts.

She thought she caught sight of Poe for a split second, but the ship passed.

Their ship was rocked again by another blast, the cruiser wasn’t letting them stay out of reach, it was advancing at best it could considering its size. The resistance fighters kept blasting on it, some were dropping bombs on its surface and finally one managed to make a direct hit the instant the shields faltered.

Fiery explosions, and glimmers of red ammunition illuminated the space of the battlefield.

Resistance fighters landed another blow, when suddenly the cruiser started an all out assault on their ship, aiming all cannons in their direction. Rey tried shooting the blasts before they could make contact with the ship, but there was a direct hit, and the ship shook again violently. Smoke began filling the air.

Rey grabbed the fabric from her tunic, holding it up to her mouth and evacuated the cockpit, feeling out with her mind for him, for any breath of life.

He needed her.

*

Smoke had completely filled the room. He slipped on blood everywhere he stepped. Every twist of his body opened up the cuts littering his skin. His clothing was in tatters, barely hanging onto his torso. He’d had to close his eyes, using the second sight of his mind to find his enemies. Again it had been ten, but the smoke, the confusion, the blasts shaking the ship, had given him a small advantage. Ren had managed to cut down five of his opponents, but now the smoke had begun to suffocate him.

He lunged into the dark plumes of gray. The problem was they could see the lightsabers, Rey’s green in his left hand, and his red in the right. He jabbed, and parred, deflecting blow after blow as they circled him.

The ship suddenly rocked violently throwing him against one wall. He yelled internally knowing it was a direct hit.

He swung the lightsabers again, feeling their oncoming attack. Swinging one and then the other he alternated, cutting them down as they came in his way, but their armor was strong, and their weapons were not faltering.

Abruptly a blade made contact with his thigh and his legs buckled. He fell onto his knees, the blade still sticking out from his leg. He yelled in anger, a louder gutteral sound that shook fear into his attackers, before dropping Rey’s lightsaber and pulling the blade out, throwing it at one soldier, while ducking backward to avoid another blow.

The lightsaber flew across the room, coming to life in Rey’s awaiting hand. She lunged into the smoke, fending off Ren’s next attacker, before thrusting out her hand and helping him back up.

They stood back to back, now circled by the three remaining soldiers. Where one bent forward, the other dipped back. Where one blade came down, another came up. They knew exactly how, and when the other would move, would shift, would turn. Their fight was a dance, but it was no use, they were too weak, every breath was scorched their lungs and they were struggling.

“GET BACK!” Ren yelled, pushing Rey into a corner with his free hand, before he thrust it out, roaring. Sparks began flying from his fingertips then suddenly streams of power sprung out.

Rey clutched her ears to stop from hearing the screams of the soldiers.

The ship shook again violently with another blow. A corner of the ship had been blown off. Suddenly all the smoke left the room, sucked out into the gaping hole that had been the main control room. Rey could finally see clearly and a sword swung by her face. Ren again had crumpled to his knee, the force of his powers weakening him, and the injury to his leg faltering his stance until he couldn’t stand.

The third opponent had used the brief moment of distraction to close in on Rey, swinging before kicking the feet out from under her. She fell hard on her back. He brought the sword down, aimed at her head, but Rey rolled to the left avoiding the blow and letting out a slight scream as it collided with the ground next to her face. Her lightsaber had been knocked from her hand.

The screams suddenly stopped and Ren threw Rey her lightsaber just in time for her to block the next blow, sending the soldier faltering back before she thrust the saber into their stomach.

Rey’s head fell back with exhaustion. Tears began streaming out from her closed lids.

The ship was going to blow.

She opened her eyes to find Ren standing over her, his bloodied hand reaching out to help her up. His black hair was matted with sweat and blood. His tunic had fallen off and his torso was riddled with red. His chest rose and fell rapidly, the other hand clenched at his side.

She grabbed it, pulling herself up, in shock at the death and sensory overload around her.

He pulled her into him softly to that their chests rested against each other. He brought his hands up and rested them on either side of her face and lowered his head so that they were on eye level. “Listen to me. You need to get it together alright. Grab the lightsabers and prepare the escape pod for ejection.”

She reached her hands up so that they rested over top of his and gave a faint nod, pulling herself away and doing what was asked.

Ren rushed away to gather what he could from the small cargo area. Food, clothing, more weapons, anything he could get a hold of. He checked the control room, RD-12 was gone, along with most of the room. Out in the distance the fight raged out. Starfighter numbers had dwindled to two but the cruiser was still somewhat intact and fully functioning. He raced towards the escape pod, spotting Rey’s small communication device along the way, he brought his foot down, crushing it into pieces.

The small pod, cleared of his cot, was booted up and ready to eject. A large clear wall overed one side, with cushions covering the other walls. The walls were harnessed on either side against the cushioning to strap down wto evacuees at a time. Once launched it was meant to seek and drop down to the nearest planet.

Rey was still in shock, pacing from side to side in the small pod. As soon as he appeared carrying a bag of supplies her pacing stopped.

“Why!” Rey screamed, unable to take the chaos all around them, the sounds of explosions, the sounds of alarms within the ship, the carnage in the small room, the blood of others covering her.

“Why what!” He said angrily. They didn’t have time for this, they didn’t have time for any of it.

Rey waved her hand around. “All of this! Why didn’t you let them take me! Why didn’t you let Snok kill me! I don’t understand what we’re doing here!” The tears were streaming down Rey’s bloodied cheeks, leaving streaks in their wake. She was shaking.

“YOU KNOW DAMN WELL!” Ren yelled, throwing the bag of supplies down at Rey’s feet and stepping into the pod, angrily turning to the control panel next to the doors, which whirled shut behind him.

Rey grabbed his arm forcefully, turning him to face her. She shook her head, “It doesn’t make any sense. It’s not supposed to be like this.”

“You think I can help it! DO YOU THINK I WANTED THIS. THAT I WANTED TO FALL IN LOVE WITH YOU!” His face was turning red with frustration as he stood breathing heavily, looming over her.

Another explosion rocked the ship. Ren quickly hit the eject button, and the small escape pod shot out. His footing faltered and he fell into Rey where she stood against the cushioned side of the pod. He braced himself, throwing his hands out on either side of her head, so that she was caged in front of him.

Her eyes looked up at him with anger, anger and confusion, still glistening from her tears. “I hate you,” she whispered placing her hands gingerly on either side of his face and bringing her face close enough to his so that their lips almost touched. “I hate you” She whispered again before softly letting her lips collide with his.

He thought he knew her, he thought she would never, could never return his feelings. He kissed her back hungrily, his generous lips moving against hers with the full force of his want for her.

The ship, exploding in the distance, lit the escape pod with a fiery orange glow as it floated away.

His body pressed her further against the walls of the pod, tangling his fingers into her hair, lips unable, unwilling to leave hers. She felt like fire, like life itself. The force flowed from one to the other in a pure blinding light of ecstasy now familiar to them.

Ren pulled away, catching his breath and kissing a line down from her mouth, across her jawline, and down her neck, nipping at the tender skin. A small gasp escaped Rey’s lips as she pulled him even closer, fingertips now clutching at the bare skin of his back. His hands released her hair and trailed down to her legs, grabbing hold of her thighs and pulling her up. She locked her legs around his hips in response.

His hands hovered hesitantly over her tunic and his kissing stopped to look questioningly into her eyes. Biting her lip she gave a small nod. Instantly his fists were full of fabric and he tore it right off of her, letting the shreds drop to the floor. She brought her mouth back to his, ardently kissing him with every fiber of her body. She held herself up, arms now locked around his neck, as his hands explored her soft skin, riddled with cuts and bruises.

The sensation of his rough hands against the bare skin of first her stomach, trailing up her sternum, and then gently around her neck, made the breath catch in her throat.

He wanted to be gentle. She was the most precious, the most delicate thing in the galaxy to him, but he could feel her mind, they could feel each others. An unspoken hunger, an unspoken want and desire was all their minds could project. It was all that made sense in that moment.

Her legs unlocked from around him and her feet dropped to the floor. Peppering his chest with kisses, her hands began tugging wantonly at his pants.

His hand covers hers, stopping her. The other gently grabbed her chin, tilting it up so that she was looking into his eyes. “Do you want this?” He whispered, lips brushing against hers, before laying a soft lingering kiss.

“I do. Nothing seems to make sense but the fact that I, I want you. I need you” She brushed the matted locks of hair from his eyes, letting her fingertips softly brush against his forehead. “I love you.”




*



[THANK YOU FOR READING PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS ON THIS CHAPTER!!
Sign up to rate and review this story