Categories > Original > Erotica

Common Signs Of A High-Functioning-Alcoholic

by FanningAarup2 0 reviews

I use this weblog for learning While alcohol dependence is a devas

Category: Erotica - Rating: PG - Genres: Horror - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2018-02-15 - 617 words

0Unrated
While alcohol dependence is a devastating condition that can destroy lives, a few people who battle with it manage to hold down stressful jobs and big responsibilities. From the outside, these so-called high-functioning alcoholics seem to have it all together. They can drive great cars, live in great communities, and make a significant income.

Just because they're high-functioning doesn't mean that they're immune to the effects of alcohol. They're still in danger of harming themselves and others around them. A pilot nursing a hangover, a surgeon with unsteady hands, or a financier managing large sums of money are each at-risk of causing horrendous disasters if they stay on their dysfunctional course.

Below are a number of signs that can really help in identifying these time bombs:

1. They consume alcohol rather than eating food.

Alcoholics will regularly remove and replace meals with a few drinks, lose interest in food completely, or use mealtime as a reason to begin drinking.


2. They can wake up without a hangover, even after several drinks.

Drinking alcohol regularly over a long period of time can trigger the physical body to become dependent on alcohol. Commonly high-functioning alcoholics are able to drink a good deal without the same hangover that torments the occasional drinker.

3. Abstaining makes them grouchy, anxious, or uncomfortable.

If an alcoholic is required to avoid consuming alcohol, his or her body often responds negatively, as they are dependent on the sedative effects of alcohol. Sudden quitting can trigger tension and anxiety, uneasiness, sweating, a quickened heart rate, as well as seizures.

4. Their behavior patterns change noticeably while under the influence of booze.

When they drink, problem drinkers may transform noticeably. For instance, a generally mild-mannered person may become belligerent, or make impetuous choices.

5. They can't have just two drinks.

A problem drinker has trouble quiting, and may even finish others' drinks. Booze will never be left on the table, and there is always an excuse for one more round.

6. Periods of memory loss or "blacking out" are common.

Many alcoholics will take part in activities that they have no memory of the following day. They may not appear extremely drunk at the time, but they're not able to recall activities that happened.

7. Efforts to talk about drinking habits are met with hostility and denial.

When faced with problems involving their alcohol consumption, alcohol abusers will generally retreat to denial or hostility, making a dialogue hard.

8. They always have a good reason for why they drink.

If flat denial or aggression is not the chosen mode of avoidance, most alcoholics will have a seemingly rational explanation for their behavior. Anxiety and stress at the workplace, problems in the home, or an abundance of social events are common reasons to explain their destructive behavior.

9. They conceal their alcohol.

Many problem drinkers will drink alone, or sneak drinks from a bottle in a workspace or in their car. This type of hidden drinking is an enormous red flag and there is no other explanation for this behavior apart from alcohol addiction.

Let's try to keep our community productive, safe, and sober by always keeping our eyes open for problematic actions in order to get these struggling coworkers, family members, and friends the help they need.

Signs of a High Functioning Alcoholic

From the outside, these so-called high-functioning alcoholics appear to have it all together. They can drive cool cars, live in great communities, and make a significant income.

Simply because they're high-functioning doesn't mean that they're invulnerable to the repercussions of alcohol. A pilot nursing a hangover, a surgeon with shaky hands, or a financier handling substantial sums of money are each at-risk of causing horrible disasters if they stay on their destructive course.
Sign up to rate and review this story