Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Surreal Vanilla

What Kind of Man

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Kyosuke's sister, Michiko, has a little problem with an online boyfriend and telling the truth.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2018-03-01 - 458 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Fifteen: What Kind of Man:

One more sibling to go.

-August 15th, 2011-

-9:00 p.m.-

Michiko sat down at her computer. She logged into her Smiley Face account. She found this site last December. She made friends. She fell in love.

Michiko smiled at the screen. LonelyScholar was on again. She clicked on the name. They had been chatting for six months. LonelyScholar was a nice guy. They both liked books, the beach, long walks, swimming, tea, and swimming.

Well…sort of on her part.

Michiko had a deformity in her right leg. She struggled to walk because of it. Michiko couldn't run, swim, or even walk far. The little lie started as fun. She hadn't planned on a full-on relationship.

"Hello," Michiko typed. LonelyScholar replied back.

"Hello."

Her heart did little flips in her chest.

"How was your day?"

"Boring without you."

"Aww!" Blush face.

"And you."

"Fine." She started to type about her family but stopped.

"How are your siblings?" LonelyScholar typed.

"Good," Michiko typed. They started as friends. They'd talk about family, friends, work, each other's days, and their dreams. He became easy to talk to. Could such a guy exist? It didn't take long for a crush to develop.

LonelyScholar: Hey, Michi.

MichiBunny: What?

LonelyScholar: When can we meet in real life?

Michiko froze. That question again. Did he have to go there? It wasn't supposed to go this far. She didn't look for a relationship. They couldn't stay friends. It wouldn't been easier.

MichiBunny: Soon.

LonelyScholar: But when?

Her eyes widened. Not again. Why won't he stop? Michiko took a deep breath.

MichiBunny: I don't know…

LonelyScholar: What is going on? Why do you keep avoiding me like this? Are you married?

MichiBunny: No! It's just…

LonelyScholar: What?

Michiko rubbed her forehead. She was running out of excuses. Looks like she would have to suck it up and tell the truth. She sighed and started typing.

MichiBunny: Nothing. How does this weekend show?

LonelyScholar: Sounds good. Saturday at noon.

MichiBunny: Okay, sure.

LonelyScholar: Great, sounds good. See you then.

LonelyScholar logged off

Michiko stared at the screen. What did she just agree to? Why didn't she stop herself? Couldn't she cancel before then? No, that would make things worse. Michiko closed her eyes and rubbed her forehead.

What should I do?

"That isn't like you, Michi-chan," someone said. "What are you doing?" The woman paused.

"What?" she asked. "Is that…?" Michiko turned around. Kyosuke stood in the doorway with Watari.

"Yo!" he said, waving. Michiko stare at him with big eyes before fainting out of her chair.

"Oh dear," Watari said. "Give her a little bit of time, okay?"

"Right…" Kyosuke said, nodding. Michiko lay at their feet out cold.
Sign up to rate and review this story