Categories > Books > Animorphs > The Progression

CHAPTER 1

by Quillian 0 reviews

My own continuation of events after the end of the series...

Category: Animorphs - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure - Characters: Jake - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2005-06-26 - Updated: 2005-06-26 - 1054 words

0Unrated
I do not own Animorphs, etc DISCLAIMER: I do not own /Animorphs/, etc. K.A. Applegate holds that honor.


/Hello everyone!/ Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Quillian.

I mainly did stuff for the Harry Potter fandom, but I removed all my stuff off of FFN after some of the recent decisions they made. I essentially refrained from using this site to post my work ever again, but after my old Animorphs interest reawakened and I looked into the fanfiction for that on this site, I decided to take a small trip back, in order to gain an audience and some readers, as well as fulfill some obligations and promises to other people by posting my work here.

I've read plenty of post-series Animorphs fanfics, and it seems I'm not the only one somewhat put out by Applegate's cliffhanger conclusion. However, it is my theory that she wanted to leave it for our imaginations to decide the rest. So, I am giving things a try by writing my own story. There is no real plot in this story alone, but things merely progress, hence this story's title. However, I plan for one to come after it, in which things should get interesting...

My inspiration has been by writers such as Kharina, Anifan1, Scorpion, Blue Dragon, Shane C., lilyofthevalley, Edriss, Anonymous-cat, Tyrsis, Korean Pearl, LilManiac, LittleMidgett, Pharrells Girl, and others. I would like to thank them and plenty of other people for inspiring me so. But credit also goes largely to K.A. Applegate herself for starting it all.



/The Progression/

By Quillian



"Story have no end... Stories go on." -Jara Hamee, The Hork-Bajir Chronicles


CHAPTER 1

My name is Jake.

"Full emergency power to the engines. Ram the Blade ship."

I had just given the orders to initiate the battle between my allies and The One, which would culminate in an outcome which no one could have ever anticipated.

After ramming them (which caused some damage to us, but not too seriously), we hastily docked with them and burst onto the ship.

I gave the instructions to Tobias, Menderash and Santorelli to find Ax and bring him back, while Marco, Jeanne and I fought our way to the helm to take control of the Blade ship.

It had been - what, six years? - since I had started fighting Yeerks and other evil aliens, and yet I just did the same routine as usual: Come up with a plan, give out the orders, and jump into battle.

I guess that some things changed, and some things never would.



Inch by inch, strike by strike, the three of us fought or way up to the helm of the ship.

Marco and Jeanne covered for me while I morphed into the tiger once again.

The portal opened -

And something lunged at me with a mighty roar.

The polar bear.

The blasted Yeerk that had killed Rachel.

Anger coursed through my veins, and I hissed at this rival just as he spoke to me in thought-speech.



I screamed in thought-speak, the anger seemingly amplified by the tiger roar that went with it.

She swiped at me, and he missed... But she hit the door panel in the process, causing it to shut down and be stuck.

I fought one of the fiercest battles in my life, against this evil Yeerk. Both of us fought like demons, neither of us gaining much ground. And since both of us were fueled by vengeance, neither of us were going to back down.

Finally, after what seemed like an eternity later, the Yeerk made a fatal mistake. In what she thought to be a killer swipe, she instead smashed a control panel, electrocuting herself in the process. As the Yeerk back, scorched and slightly smoking, I went for the kill.

I struck. Again and again, I struck at her, until there was more red than white on her polar bear body. With one final lunged, I swiped at her face -



-And took her down.

Wheezing terribly, she staggered up.
Sign up to rate and review this story