Categories > Original > Drama

The Happiest Days of Our Lives

by haitoku 0 reviews

[Mariachi Radio] Aidan makes a discovery and promptly gets pissed off about it.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor - Published: 2006-09-18 - Updated: 2006-09-18 - 357 words - Complete

0Unrated
It's eight in the morning, and the winter sun is filtering weakly through Aidan's bedroom window, causing him to gradually stir to wakefulness. He yawns before pulling on a T-shirt and heading down the hallway to the upstairs bathroom. When he gets there, he finds the door is locked, and kicks it in mild annoyance.

"Get out of the fucking bathroom, Kaleb! I have to take a piss!"

No answer.

"Hey, did you hear me, you asswipe?"

Still, no answer

Aidan presses his ear to the door, and his countenance is a mixture of offence and perplexity. He can hear the shower running and someone singing. Someone singing in a voice that doesn't belong to his brother. Someone singing Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd.

There was really only one person he knew who liked Pink Floyd enough to sing them in the fucking shower.

"Wha' in the hell're ya doin', ya li'l pervert?"

Aidan glares daggers at his brother, whose blonde hair and clothes are mussed with sleep.

"You know the band's been looking for a vocalist since Mark left."

"I ain't got no idea wha' you're talkin' abou'," Kaleb replies after a short pause, looking at his younger brother, completely dumbfounded.

"Listen," Aidan says, rolling his eyes. So Kaleb does. And he finally realizes what the other boy is so riled up over.

"You're thirteen years old. You ain't got no band; not anythin' serious, anyway," Kaleb scoffs quietly, crossing his arms over his chest, "An' in any case, him, he's prob'ly got more important things ta do."

"Stop being such an asshole. He can sing, and you never told me," Aidan snaps back, pointing an accusatory finger at the bathroom door, which is now open.

Artemio stands in the doorway, shivering, with a towel wrapped around his waist, looking completely bemused.

"Um...good morning...guys," he says, looking to Kaleb for an explanation. Kaleb simply rolls his eyes and shrugs.

"Sorry for holding up the bathroom. I'm...uh...gonna go get dressed," Artemio mumbles before walking down the hallway to Kaleb's room, throwing another confused look at the two brothers, still frozen mid-argument.
Sign up to rate and review this story