Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Surreal Vanilla

Airi's Gone Rogue?

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Anna and Airi goes off on her own, leaving Tsuzuki in a panic. Watari lets Tatsumi in about the phone he received.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Horror - Characters: Hisoka,Tatsumi,Tsuzuki,Watari - Published: 2018-04-11 - 573 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Airi Gone Rogue?:

-Airi-

I am the one to act. These two are useless. Looks like it's my turn to act. I had to take the first step. My place starts today.

-Outside-

Tsuzuki awoke to find himself alone.

"Anna…-chan?" he asked. The shinigami found a note on his wife's pillow. Tsuzuki picked it up and read it.

Dear Sweetie,

I have to do this by myself. This is the only way. Don't try and stop me. Don't track me down and follow me. I will be gone for a while. Don't call me either. I will not answer. Face it, we can't fight this together. Don't follow me.

Love, Anna

Tsuzuki stared blankly at the note.

"Oh no…" he murmured. The shinigami leaped out of his futon and ran the phone.

By ten in the morning, all of Ju-Oh-Cho knew that she was gone. Tsuzuki panicked after his wife didn't pick up.

"Come on, come on," he said. "Please pick up." Hisoka put his hand on his shoulder. Tsuzuki turned his head. Hisoka shook his own.

"But…" the older shinigami said.

"She won't answer, remember?" he asked. Tsuzuki frowned and hung up.

"Tsuzuki," Hisoka said.

"What?" his partner asked.

"This worrying won't help," the younger shinigami said. "We will find her. I promise." Tsuzuki looked so pale as he nodded.

"Good," Hisoka. "I will need you to stay calm. Can you do that for me?"

"But…"

"Can you do that for me?"

Tsuzuki drew his mouth closed and nodded. Hisoka drew back his hand.

"Good," he said.

Meanwhile, Watari heard the news. He had his own questions. The blonde scientist heard a knock on his door.

"Come in," he said. Watari looked up to see Tatsumi standing in the doorway.

"Ah," he said. "Did you want something?"

"That phone call," Tatsumi said.

"Yes? What about it?" Watari asked.

"Does it have to do with the…?" Tatsumi began to ask.

"Close the door," the blonde shinigami said. The secretary closed the door behind him. Watari pulled out his notes.

"What's all this?" Tatsumi asked.

"I got that call yesterday," Watari said. "He claimed to be the son of the man who hired the hunter."

"And do you believe him?"

"I don't know yet." Watari laid out all of the notes. "It sounds legitimate. His information was pretty accurate."

"Think it's a trap?"

"I'm not sure. I'm not sure why he called." Watari finished laying out the notes. Tatsumi read for himself. A confused look came over his face.

"What is all of this?" he asked.

"I think it's some code," Watari said. "He kept rambling at some points. I was tempted to hang up at some points." The blonde scientist looked at his laptop.

"So is she really gone?" he asked.

"Yeah," Tatsumi said.

"Oh," Watari said. "That's not good. No, no." He turned to the kagetsukai.

"We're going to have a mess on our hands," he said.

"Yes," Tatsumi said.

By noon, the worry grew worse.

"What was she thinking?" Tsuzuki asked. "She can't do this on her own. This was Airi-chan's doing. It has to be! I just know it!"

"What?" Hisoka asked. His partner shook his head and got up from his desk.

"Tsuzuki?" Hisoka asked. The older shinigami walked out of their office.

-Airi-

Sorry, honey. But I had to do this. If I left you in charge, the time to act would've been too late.
Sign up to rate and review this story