Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Surreal Vanilla

Reassurance

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Tsuzuki finally meets up with Anna and she tells him what's been happening. Despite the reassurance, Tsuzuki still is uneasy about this plan.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Horror,Romance - Characters: Tsuzuki - Published: 2018-05-25 - 501 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Reassurance:

-August 16th-

Tsuzuki in the back pew of the hotel church. He and Hisoka had been looking around for Anna since morning. The shinigami even split up to cover more ground. She wouldn't pick up her phone. Tsuzuki looked at his and sighed. It didn't help that everyone said that they saw her around the hotel.

He looked up at the ceiling. Where are you, Usagi-chan?

"What seems to be the problem, my son?" a voice asked. The shinigami opened his mouth to answer. But then, he paused.

Wait a minute.

That voice sounded like a woman trying to sound like a man. Tsuzuki lifted his head.

"Anna-chan?" he asked. The shinigami turned to see Anna grinning at him.

"Hi!" she said. Her husband jumped.

"What the-?!" he asked. Anna tilted her head.

"What's the matter?" she asked.

"What are you doing?!" he asked.

"Shhh," she whispered. "Let's use our indoor voices." Tsuzuki narrowed his eyes.

"What are you doing here?" he asked again. "Why didn't you call me?"

"It was part of the plan," she said. Tsuzuki frowned.

"Plan?" he asked.

"Yes," she said. "We talked about it briefly, remember?"

"I was hoping you forgot."

"No. This was the only way. I needed to lure him out. Come on. Did you think I would leave you?" She held out her hand. She still had her ring on her finger. Tsuzuki stared at the gem on the band.

/I was tempted to cut her finger off/, Airi said.

"Oh, I see she's here too," Tsuzuki said.

/You say that like it's a bad thing/, she said.

"I found him," Anna said. Tsuzuki's eyes grew big.

"Where?" he asked.

"I don't know, but I'm working on it," she said. "When I do, I'll get him to take this damned mark off of me."

"How?"

Anna looked around for a bit. "I don't really know yet." She saw the worried look on his face. Anna caressed his cheek.

"It's okay," she said. "We will survive this." The woman gave her husband a quick kiss.

"I promise," she said. "You have to say our mantra."

"Anna-chan…" Tsuzuki said.

"Say it," Anna said. He lowered his eyes.

"We will be okay."

"Say it again."

"We will be okay."

"We will be okay."

"We will be okay."

"We will be okay."

"We will be okay."

Anna kissed him on the lips. Tsuzuki took her into his arms. She pressed her forehead against his.

"I have to go now," Anna whispered. "I only slipped away long enough to talk to you. My captor thinks I went to the bathroom. If I don't get back, he'll start to get suspicious."

"Can I see you again?" Tsuzuki asked.

"Later," she whispered. "I have to go." Anna kissed him on the bridge of his nose.

"We'll be okay," she said. "Wait for me." The woman got up and walked out of the church. Tsuzuki watched her leave with a sinking feeling in his chest and stomach.

Anna-chan…
Sign up to rate and review this story