Categories > Original > Romance

Killer Zero

by Elzz 0 reviews

Haru lives the perfect childhood. However, after his family becomes bankrupt, things start to go downhill... His anguish turns to hatred and he joins an undercover organisation and pursues a lif...

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2018-06-20 - 1798 words

0Unrated
Preface:


As a young boy Zero excelled at everything. School, sports, cooking, etc.. He always brought certificates home and once he got his first job, he did so well he was promoted at the young age of 13. People would call him “a miracle boy “. His bright smile always melted everyone's hearts. His parents always told him to “be the best and make mum and dad proud”. Which Zero always did. Being a smart student, Zero was often subject to bullying by jealous children at his school. However, he always did what his parents taught him- "to keep his head up high, and if there were bad guys that ever tried to hurt him, dispell them with his moves.” Back then Zero was adamant that he would never stoop so low to hurt anyone, even bullies. Of course, if his life was on the line he would protect himself no matter what the cost. Zero never fret though since he was a black belt in judo and very agile. Unfortunately, this made Zero develop a large ego.

However when Zero turned 15 things started to change. His parents became crack addicts and addicted to alcohol. His dad kept losing his job due to tardiness and lack of effort, and his mum would use her beauty to seduce her bosses to get promoted, but this always ended badly and she ended up losing her job too. Their family began to get a bad reputation, and Zero started to feel embarrassed that he was connected to them.

"Why can't you just turn up to your job on time and at least make an effort!" Zero would shout at his dad, his deep voice starting to break from puberty. "You've lost so many jobs in such a small amount of time no one will employ you!"

"Look here boy, who is providing a roof over your head?" His dad would sneer at him.

Zero would always become quiet after that because he was scared of his parents now. Who knew what they would do to him if he spoke back to them. They were unpredictable because of the drugs and alcohol. Even though he knew judo he still had respect for them as his parents so he would never lay a hand on them.

Disgusted with his parents change, Zero had work extra to feed them because no one else would buy food for the house. Every day he would come back home from school and work to cook and clean, then he would go up and stay in his room. This all started to have an effect on his school and himself as a person. He became lazy, would often bunk lessons, and his grades dropped dramatically. Previously, everyone would tease him calling him "teacher's pet" but now everyone looked at him in disgust and would avoid him like he was polluted.

On top of all this, the drugs and alcohol would cause his parents ' behaviour to change. His mum would beat him calling him "ugly" and saying there's no way he would be prettier than her. She even cut his face with a knife trying to disfigure him. Shocked that his mum would do this, Zdidn'tidnt think to block it. As a result, he now has a scar on his forehead. "See, you're not pretty! Yes, you got all the attention before, but not now. Now they will forget you and remember me! Tell me boy, where do you think you got your beauty from huh? Me! I will take your place and they will all remember me now!"

His dad would get jealous of him due to his financial success and would often beat him as well, telling him that he was worthless. He once broke Haru's arm by stepping on it when Haru was laying down on the living room floor, trying to pull out rubbish from under the sofa whilst cleaning. "You may think that your all high and mighty but who is providing you a roof over your head?" Despite all this Haru would never hurt his parents because what would that make him then? He was always taught never to stoop lower than those already low, his parents, now no exception. Before he would come home happy to show his parents what new awards he got, and his parents were always there to open the door and greet him. Now he returned home disconsolate, the house dark, dirty, with no response from his parents at all. Haru had never felt alone more than now. He had no friends at school because everyone was either scared or disgusted with him. Haru slowly started working up hatred towards his parents.

Soon he dropped out of school completely and would often wander the streets. One day he accidentally came across a secret organisation of assassins known as the Phantom Association (or PA). Hating his current life he decided to join them, and they saw potential in him. What was this potential? A driving force of hatred. Something they could take advantage of. Every day Haru would go to them for training. His parents didn't care where he went since he was practically dead to them. There, Haru was trained to kill, his previous life now but a memory. Now he was reborn as someone else. Someone with a purpose...To kill. However, in order to do this, he had to abandon his humanity. Thus he now took on a new identity. Nickname "Zero", he became the PA's elite assassin going on various missions. An empty vessel with only one purpose. To kill.

His bright blue eyes were now glazed over and vacant. In order to make a life, he had to kill.

One night Zero now 18yrs old, went to leave his house for "work". That's what he called it. Although it was not work as such, but missions to eliminate given targets. As he got to the front door he spotted an arm coming towards him from his peripheral vision.

PUNCH

Zero staggered slightly but not losing his balance. He did not bother to dodge it even though he saw it coming. He had had enough of dodging all these years.

PUNCH

KICK

SMASH

His dad smashes an alcohol bottle over his head.

“That's right. This is what you get for taking away my jobs! You worthless human. You make me sick!"

Enough.

Yes, now is the time to fight back.

Not even turning to look. Zero grabs the bat his dad is about to bring down on him. He then pulls it towards him and swings it towards the wall causing his dad's body to hit the wall.

“You piece of shit! You dare do that to your father!? I’ll teach you a lesson boy, that ugly face of yours wont have any bright future anymore!”

Zero finally turned to face him. His bangs covering his eyes. Blood dripping down the side of his face from the glass of the bottle which sliced his skin “Enough”.

“Ha! So you do speak. What happened to you boy. Look at the state of you. You don't even go to school. “ His dad steps towards him.

“If there's evil. Dispell it.” Zero mutters in monotone.

His dad, about to throw a punch stops mid-air and blinks at him in confusion. “...what did you say?”

“If there's evil dispell it. Use your moves." Zero drums on monotone.

He raises the bat he is holding and looks now at his father directly. His bright blue eyes glazed over and gleam like a cat ready to kill. He smirks evilly. “That is what you taught me when I was at school because kids would pick on me.” “If anyone picks on you just get rid of them with your moves. They won't bother you anymore.”

“So what of it?” his dad now on edge.

Zero scoffs and runs his hands through his black hair. “ I always thought I was the better person and that I would never hurt anyone no matter how evil they were. Hahahaha....how nieve I was back then...”

Zero grips the bat.

“But that was a lifetime ago. You see “father” I'm no longer the boy you used to know. Haru. He no longer exists. Who you see before you is a new man. A man with blood on his hands that now does not hesitate to kill due to fickle things such as morals. Everyone is the same to me. Pathetic humans."

Zero's dad crosses his arms. "You telling me you killed people boy...?" He scoffs, "Ha! Thats it, your in the police's hands now. So you not only ruined my career but now you've got yourself into gang culture too. I’ve had enough. From this moment on boy, you are no longer my son. I disown you. “

Pause

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!” Zero drops the bat and falls to his knees in hysterics, his deep voice echoing around the dark house. “Oh, the irony! You've just decided to get rid of me once and for all, but you see, I already had that planned from the beginning. Except....my plan was not to leave myself. It was to get rid of YOU first. But it looks like you beat me to it!”

“Get rid of me?! You can't hurt me. You would never raise your hand to your parents!“ His dad says firmly yet tinged with a bit of apprehension.

“Are you deaf? I told you the son you used to have no longer exists. Respect means nothing to me. Everything ends here...Goodbye father”.

With that Zero immediately brings down the bat and bludgeons his dad to death. Blood starts spreading, covering the floor.

He then goes up to his mother's room, dragging the bat behind him, a trail of blood left behind him, and stands over her bed where she sleeps, despite all the commotion that just went on. He looks at the empty alcohol bottles lay on the bedside table and floor then turns back to her. She reeks of it.

Disgusting...

Looking down at her blankly, his blue eyes gleaming in the dark, he then brings down the bat on her too.

Dropping the bloodied bat to the floor, he breathes a long sigh of relief. He lets his head fall back and stares at the ceiling, seeing nothing, enjoying this moment.

I am finally free from this hell.

After a minute he lifts his head back up, pulls out his phone from his jacket and types in a number, his hands covered in blood. Someone picks up.

"It's me. Minor delay. I need the cleanup squad. Coordinates are (x-41.76) (y-73.90). Pursuing target mission as planned."

With that Zero closes his phone and leaves his home for the last time, not looking back.
Sign up to rate and review this story