Categories > Anime/Manga > Attack on Titan > The Making of an Alpha

Chapter Two

by CaptainRiren 0 reviews

A creature of the night in his own home.

Category: Attack on Titan - Rating: R - Genres: Angst - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2018-07-05 - 1188 words

0Unrated
Beautiful.

Erwin was shocked when he finally stopped to observe the man - it had become clear the person was male after holding him and seeing him in the light - that he'd saved. Well, stopped to help. He wasn't sure that he'd done anything helpful in the slightest. He had taken the man home and laid him down to rest, as well as gathered water for him in case he needed it when he awoke. Assuming the man could even drink water.

Not exactly man, but monster. Creature. If there was any question as to what this thing was before, it had vanished now, as Erwin gazed at the silent form nestled in the sheets. The serene beauty of this man was otherworldly; no human could compare. He reminded Erwin so much of the woman of his youth, and he found himself wondering if they all had such dark ebony hair like that.

They weren't related - no, Erwin nipped that possibility right in the bud, though it would be exciting if they had been. Something straight from Hange's novellas. But no; his face was all angles where hers had been soft, his lips thin where hers were thick, just to name a few things. But they didn't need to be related to learn what he wanted to know.

The vampire looked so sickly, though. He was pale, his skin holding a nearly deathly pallor, which allowed the dark circles under his eyes to become extremely evident. His cheeks were sunken and gaunt. Had Erwin really done anything to help? He'd always heard vampires were powerful beings. What, exactly, could put one in such a weak state? The blond didn't even have a pulse or breathing to go by, and every second ticking past worried him further.

Of course, he was assuming the creature wouldn't wake and maul him, but that was far from his first concern, even if it was a wise one.

Just as Erwin leaned in close to observe closer, the unconscious man's eyelids twitched, and then they opened. Dull crimson eyes stared up at him unblinkingly. The alarm bells in Erwin's mind were distant, ringing urgently, but smothered by intrigue.

"Alpha?"

Alpha? What? Who? And were the eyes glowing brighter? Yes, they were a ruby red now. And seemingly getting closer -

"Ow!"

Erwin let out a yelp as the vampire sprung upright in panic and their foreheads knocked together painfully. The blond scrambled back and fell out of his chair, rubbing his head and staring, bewildered, at the creature on his bed. Blue eyes studied him closely, the panic replaced with cautious intrigue.

"Where am I?"

Erwin was shocked by his voice. Soft, but slightly rough. From disuse, perhaps? "My home," he responded, just as cautious. "We're not far from where I found you. Are you - you know - okay?"

"I'm fine," the vampire said, perhaps a bit too guarded. As if on cue, he winced, and Erwin did his best to pretend not to notice. After regaining his composure, the ravenet continued, "I should go. I've imposed on your hospitality enough."

"Hey, hold on!" Erwin hurried to stop the vampire from moving out of the bed with a hand on his shoulder. "You're not imposing. I brought you here for a reason."

"I brought you here, human," the creature corrected, eyes narrowing. He pushed Erwin's hands away. "I appreciate the sentiment, but you wouldn't have been able to resist the magic if you tried."

"You're still not well," the blond argued, reaching again. "Let me help you. You're sick."

"Let me go!"

And then the coughing started - deep, raspy coughs that shook the vampire's frail body, leaving him gasping for breath. Erwin panicked when he saw the blood that spilled from those pale lips, desperately caught in trembling hands to keep it off of the sheets. It was oddly considerate of him, crawling off of the bed to avoid staining the covers. Erwin hurried to help him to his feet.

"Are you okay? What's wrong? Is there anything I can do to help?!"

"I'm weak," he managed, the coughing subsiding. The vampire trembled like a leaf in the wind, struggling to keep himself upright. "Don't have enough power to mend my injuries - "

Another fit of violent coughs interrupted him. Erwin panicked at the sight of red everywhere, covering the creature's hands, the front of his tattered shirt, dripping down his chin and staining his teeth. The blond glanced around for something that the vampire could cough into, anything, as he crumpled to the floor.

Then an idea struck him, and he tentatively held his hand out toward the vampire. He glanced up, searching for Erwin's face, but his eyes stopped short and zeroed in on that veiny wrist, and Erwin could have sworn he saw the blue turn to red.

"This . . . will help, right?"

"It will." The shaking was starting to look more like self restraint than weakness. "But I can't. Shouldn't . . . "

He trailed off, staring longingly at the wrist as he suppressed another cough.

"You can go for it. I don't mind."

Those eyes were definitely red now. Erwin felt he should be scared, but instead a blanket of calm settled over him. He really didn't mind.

"You're sure?" the vampire rasped. Erwin nodded slowly.

"I'm sure. I don't see why - "

The consent was all the ravenet seemed to be waiting for, because he didn't let Erwin finish before lunging for the exposed skin. Fangs pierced flesh, and Erwin inhaled sharply at the pain that scorched through his veins.

"Fuck!"

A euphoric moan clashed with his violent response, and he found himself staring, wide-eyed, at the vampire latched to his wrist. Crimson orbs glowed brightly behind thick lashes, and when Erwin looked into them, the same out-of-place calm settled over him from before, and the fire crawling under his skin vanished. Was it all the vampire's doing?

He didn't know if it was a few seconds, minutes, or even an eternity, but eventually, those teeth retracted, and a tongue over the punctures lapped up what had leaked from the wound. Blood staining his lips, the vampire stood, and Erwin knew he wasn't imagining how much more stable he seemed.

He also couldn't be imagining how cold and sleepy he was. Why were his eyelids dragging like this?

"A sedative," the vampire answered, and Erwin knew he'd done this a thousand, a million times before. "To stop the pain, and make sure you rest from the blood loss properly."

Erwin's knees gave on him, processing much too late how weak he felt. The ravenet helped him up effortlessly and helped him onto the mattress, pulling the covers over his large frame.

"Wait," the blond slurred, reaching out. The vampire accepted his hand. Was it supposed to be that warm? "What's your name?"

The vampire gave a soft, oddly genuine little smile as he sat on the edge of the bed. His eyes were blue again, blue and gentle.

"Levi."

They flashed silver, and he passed his free hand over his savior's face.

"Now, sleep."

And Erwin slept.
Sign up to rate and review this story