Categories > Books > Harry Potter

She Needed To Be Kissed

by Ballycastle_Bat 0 reviews

Draco/Ginny Muggle AU One shot. Oddly inspired by a Tumblr post by Fuckery-Inc titled "I need to be kissed". College students Ginny and Harry's banter turns into an awkward arrangement, and both...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Characters: Draco,Ginny,Harry - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2018-07-05 - 1824 words

0Unrated
AN: This was my first ever attempt at writing Draco/Ginny. It's kind of old, but I wanted to contribute to this lovely archive :)

The youngest Weasley heaved a sigh, blowing at a stray strand of hair that fell before her face; the night was getting boring. She looked around the musty bar. Smoke filled the air and dimmed the room further as music played from a jukebox somewhere in the room. She tossed her cherry hair over her shoulder and set off to find the jukebox.

She finally located it on the other end of the bar. The youngest Weasley placed her hands on either side of the selection keyboard, tapping with a finger as she thought, other hand on the page button flipping through the pages of music. After a moment of brief concentration she punched in a number.

“Oh god,” Said a familiar voice behind her. “Don't play that. It's awful.”

Ginny turned to see her friend Harry looking over her shoulder. “It's my coin.” She said simply, pointedly hitting the enter key.

He made an exaggerated disgusted sound and made his way around to lean on the jukebox, facing Ginny.

“Where’s my brother?” She asked, referring to Ron, Harry’s best friend.

Harry took a feigned interest in the ice at the bottom of his glass.

“Eh, he's somewhere, probably sucking Pansy’s face,” he said with a shrug. He saw the disgusted look on Ginny face and laughed a bit. “You know how Pansy is, likes everyone to know what's hers."

“No date for you?” she asked curiously, changing the subject as she swayed slightly to the song she’d selected.

“Nah,” Harry dismissed. As they spoke, a large number of other students from their university piled in. Almost half the university had come to the bar. Their team had just won the championship game, so lots had flocked to this bar to celebrate.

“Ugh, I need some action.” Ginny complained.

“What do you mean?” he asked, but his eyes were on a girl from their uni who’d just entered the bar.

“I want to hook up.” She said plainly.

Harry choked on his drink. “Gross," he scoffed. "I don't need to hear about that. You're like my sister."

“And I don't want to watch you give Lisa Heidie that stupid look but I have to endure it.” She clapped back with a teasing tone.

He looked down, avoiding her gaze. “I don't give her a stupid look." He grumbled, making a face at his glass.

“How about this,” She smirked. “You go talk to Lisa, and I get myself up on the next thing with a dick that walks in here,” She suggested.

An impish grin quickly spread across Harry’s stubbled face. “Is that a deal, Gin?”

“Yes,” She said, crossing her arms, raising an eyebrow at him.

“Your thing with a dick just walked in." he informed her, a little too smugly.

She turned to follow his gaze and eyes fell on a tall silver haired boy.

“Malfoy," She said in displeasure, recognising him. How could she not? Draco Malfoy made no secret of his dislike of the Weasley family. He was born into money, would never have to work a day in his life, while the Weasley’s just barely managed to provide for all their children. He liked to point out that fact often, though it was mainly due to his father's teachings and to get a rise out of her brother Ron, who was quick to anger.

“Okay,” Ginny said. “Buy me a drink.” She jabbed a thumb in the direction of the bar.

“What? No way. You're a baby!” He protested.

“I’m a year younger than you! More than old enough to drink you git.” She smacked his arm.

“Fine,” he rolled his eyes. “What do you want?”

“Get me a Taboo.”

Harry rolled his eyes before he headed over to the bar. He ordered her drink and returned, handing it to her. She downed it in about three sips.

“Alright,” She said. “Here I go." She nodded in the direction of the aforementioned Lisa.

“You were serious?”

“Molly Weasley did not raise a bitch.” Ginny replied, turning on point and making her way over to Draco.

“Hey Malfoy, where are your cronies?” she asked, referring to Gregory Goyle and Blaise Zabini, who usually followed him around.

“Lost, Weaselette?” He dodged the question, hearing the sarcastic tone in her voice, and put a hand in his pocket.

She smiled at him. “You're funny,” she replied. ”look, high school was rough for all of us, but I'm not my brother.”

"Okay, again, are you lost?"

"Well I wasn't, but I suppose my brother would be upset to see me talking to you... Perhaps I should go."

"Can I get you a drink, Red?" He offered, suddenly a bit more interested in the idea of spending time with Ginny.

“I like Taboo,” she pushed her her hair over her shoulder as she made her way to the bar. She pulled herself up onto the bar stool and Draco sat across from her as they waited for Madam Rosmerta to finish serving someone else.

“What are you studying?”

“Business,” he answered simply, not looking her in the eyes. Of course he was. What else would Draco Malfoy be studying? He certainly had to know what he was doing when he took over his father’s company.

“I never would have guessed,” she said sarcastically. The quirky pub matron appeared then.

“What can I get you two?” She asked, brushing her hair back before leaning in with her hands on the bar.

Draco, without looking up spoke casually. “I'll have a whiskey on the rocks and whatever this one wants … put it on my tab.” he gestured to Ginny haphazardly.

Ginny smiled at Rosmerta and ordered hereelf a Taboo.

“Oh wow. ‘This one.’ Is that a step up or down from weaselette?"

When Draco ignored her question she turned to the bartender again.

Rosmerta placed two glasses with ice on the table and began to fill them.

Ginny looked away for a moment in an attempt to locate Harry. Her eyes eventually fell on him.

Harry was towards the other end or the bar, totally blowing it with the object of his affections. She looked beyond bored and not impressed by his sleight of hand or card tricks.

“I suppose I should ask what you’re studying.” Draco spoke again, taking vague interest in Ginny’s life between sips of his drink.

“I'm not studying anything specific,” She shrugged. “I'm here on a sports scholarship,” a smirk spread across her lips. “You know… the one your father helps fund." she took a sip of her drink.

“That would explain why your parents could put three of you through here at once.” He said offhandedly.

“We manage,” Ginny said defensively. “I swear you and your father act like we live in one room just because daddy doesn't buy us gold leaf toilet paper to wipe our arses with." She rolled her eyes.

“First of all-” he raised a finger. “That was a rumour, I do not use gold leaf toilet paper. That was a rumour! Gold leaf toilet paper doesn't even exist. It would fall apart the moment you touched it!” he composed himaelf. "Secondly … I didn’t think you lived in one room. But how do you fit so many weasels in that tiny house?” he asked.

“I have my own room, Ron and Harry share a room, then Fred and George have their own room, then Bill and Charlie used to share a room before Charlie went to Africa to work on a wildlife preservation project, and Bill went to work for some bank in London, Percy took their room until he moved out, now it's just me, Ron and the twins who live at home.” She explained. Then she looked back at Harry again, their eyes met and he shrugged awkwardly as the girl he was talking to left Harry at the bar.

"Why does Potter live with you?"

"None of your business."

“So, are you going to tell me what sort of bet you lost with Potter?”

“What do you mean?"

“I'm not stupid, you didn’t just decide to make peace with me, and I can see you and Potter having some silent conversation over his gay magic tricks." he took another sip of his drink.

“It wasn't a bet per say...” She shrugged, placing a hand on his arm. “He didn't think I would approach you, so I proved him wrong.”

“Well, you have. You won, his date is gone. You can run along back to your den, or whatever yoy call that rickety house." he waved her off.

“Who said I wanted to go anywhere? I thought we were enjoying our chat. She took another sip of her drink as she glanced around the room again, her eyes falling on Ron and Pansy in another booth. She was surprised he hadn't noticed them yet.

“Well, I guess we were enjoying our conversation.” He allowed, raising his drink to his lips once more.

“We could enjoy a lot more if you just asked.” - and as she spoke, Draco choked on his drink. A smirk spread across Ginny’s lips.

“Did I just shake the unshakable Malfoy?” She cocked a brow at him.

“Shove off,” he muttered. “How about we move our conversation somewhere not covered in Weasleys.” He said, jabbing a thumb back towards the booth Ron, Harry, and the twins now sat.

“Oh, but what would daddy say?” She asked, mock concern colouring her tone.

“I'm an adult, I can make my own decisions." He replied, pushing up from his seat and then hesitating for a moment.

“I thought we were adults making our own decisions?” She teased before leading him down to the dance floor. He followed her silently.

The two talked for a bit longer before Draco took what he interpreted as an opening and pressed his lips against hers. Ginny, who was surprised by the advance, hesitated. The silver haired man pulled back with a mumbled apology.

"I thought this is what we were doing."

“You're pretty bold.” she observed, before tugging him down by the collar of his shirt into a deep kiss.

One of Draco’s hands wove themselves into her hair as he carefully ran his tongue over her lower lip. Her lips parted to allow him to pass.

There was a certain urgency and need in this kiss that neither of them anticipated. Ginny soon found herself with her back against a solid beam and Draco’s other hand on her thigh. They broke the kiss just long enough for Draco to move his lips to Ginny’s neck and with a sharp intake of breath she realized she was right. She needed this. She needed to be kissed.
Sign up to rate and review this story