Categories > TV > Teen Wolf

Love Never Fades (Petatherine)

by Katherine100 0 reviews

Set in 3x5. Just a Petatherine songfic. Based on “I Don’t Deserve You” by Plumb.

Category: Teen Wolf - Rating: G - Genres: Crossover - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2019-01-15 - 1383 words - Complete

0Unrated
You’re the first face that I see
And the last thing I think about
You’re the reason that I’m alive
You’re what I can’t live without
You’re what I can’t live without



It was a dismal night in Beacon Hills, as Peter Hale lay in the midst of the dead alphas he’d killed, surrounded by water from an opened pipe in the loft. He’d gotten pretty scratched up and some electrocution. The female alpha, Kali, had put a cord in the water. Now, after everything he’d been through, he was in pretty bad condition. He didn’t care though, as long as Derek had succeeded in getting out of town. He may not show it, but he did care about his one and only nephew.


A human Kat had just escaped a prison world, ascendant in hand. As soon as she did, she knew where she was. She’d been here a few years ago, when she’d been a vampire. As a vampire, she’d been with Peter for a while. Knowing she was in the woods, she walked to the loft.


When Katherine opened the door, she saw some dead wolves and a flooded floor, Peter on his back and a cord in the water. She didn’t know what she’d expected, but she definitely hadn’t expected something like this.
After going in, she tossed the cord out of the water. She then rushed to his side.
“Peter.”
She knelt by him and put his head in her lap. Looking at him. She knew he was alive, but terribly injured.
“Peter, can you hear me? It’s me,” she called to him.
After a few minutes of no reply, she decided to do what she could for him on her own. Deciding on that, she took her jacket off and used it to try and stop his lower stomach wound from bleeding, seeing that it was one of the worst wounds.
“If you can hear me, you’re gonna be okay. I’m not letting you die. You’re a Hale. You just need to keep fighting,” she encouraged him.


You never give up
When I’m falling apart
Your arms are always open wide
And you’re quick to forgive
When I make a mistake
You love me in the blink of an eye
I don’t deserve your love
But you give it to me anyway
Can’t get enough
You’re everything I need
And when I walk away
You take off running and come right after me
It’s what you do
And I don’t deserve you



As she sat there and tried to stop the bleeding, she thought of what to do. Knowing he wasn’t healing, she assumed the dead wolves were alphas. She was descended from Travelers, but she didn’t know yet how to heal. And she didn’t have much to take care of him with. She knew she needed to get him to a hospital. She hadn’t been here for a few years though, so she didn’t know if they’d forgiven Peter for everything he’d done. She hoped they had. There was only one hospital. There was also only one doctor that knew about wolves. She just needed help in getting him there. She couldn’t do it on her own as a human. She didn’t have enough strength to get him from the loft to the hospital.
As if her thoughts had called the help she needed, she looked over to see her. She wasn’t as familiar with Kat as everyone else, but Kat had helped teach her some control. And she knew that she was just like Derek and was also Peter’s daughter, so she knew that she was a Hale.
“Katherine?” Malia questioned, remembering her, but knew she was human now.
“Ask questions later,” Kat instructed her. “Right now, I need you to help me get Peter to the hospital.”
With those words, Malia silently helped her.


Half an hour or so later, they entered the hospital with him.
After getting him on a bed and Kat telling Melissa everything she knew, Kat helped her with Peter, since she figured she’d need it. That, and everyone else was busy.


A few hours later, Kat was seated on his bedside, waiting for him to wake up, now that he was in the recovery room.


You’re the light inside my eyes
You give me reason to keep trying
You give me more than I could dream
And you bring me to my knees
You bring me to my knees
Your heart is golden
And how am I the one
That you’ve chosen to love?
I still can’t believe that you’re right next to me
After all that I’ve done
I don’t deserve your love
But you give it to me anyway
Can’t get enough
You’re everything I need
And when I walk away
You take off running and come right after me
It’s what you do
And I don’t deserve you



A couple hours later, Peter began to wake up. When he did, he noticed that he was at the hospital, Katherine on his bedside, her hand on his right one. He remembered her as a vampire, so he was surprised, when he realized that she was human.
“Hey,” she greeted Peter. “Feeling better? You nearly died from those alpha wounds. You’re lucky I ended up in town.”
“Well, nice to see you again, too,” he replied. “As a matter of fact, yes.” He then began to sit up in bed, but she put a hand on his shoulder.
“You need to lie down. You’re not going anywhere until you fully heal. And don’t be stubborn. If you move now, you could open up your wounds.”
He sighed, knowing he wouldn’t win this fight with her. They were too much alike.
“Fine. I’ll do as you ask.”
“Good,” she replied.
He looked at her.
“Last time we were together a few years ago, back when I was a killer, you were a vampire. What happened? You’re a human now.”
“My doppelganger shoved the cure down my throat, when I tried to kill her for being partly the reason Elijah left. I didn’t know the cure was in her pocket. I turned human, my long-lost daughter found me, we bonded until she got bitten by Tyler and died, I died of old age at a rapid pace, and then I was swept away by a black mass. Then I ended up in a prison world. I just escaped it tonight. When I ended up in the woods, I went to the loft. That’s when I found you. Not long after, Malia went to check on you and found me trying to keep you alive, so she helped me get you here. I sent her back to clean up the mess, though. I would’ve healed you, but I don’t know how to yet. Before my daughter, Nadia, died, she told me I’m descended from Travelers. I don’t know how healing works, but I can use magic for other things,” she explained to him.
“Well, aren’t you just full of surprises,” he commented.
“You should know that I never cease to surprise people. Even you.”
She gave a smile and he smiled back. Then, it was such a moment, they kissed, as if time hadn’t passed between them. Almost as if she’d never left town.


I don’t deserve a chance like this
I don’t deserve a love that gives me everything
You’re everything I want
I don’t deserve your love
But you give it to me anyway
Can’t get enough
You’re everything I need
And when I walk away
You take off running and come right after me
It’s what you do
And I don’t deserve you
And I don’t deserve you



A few weeks later, Peter was fully recovered and discharged from the hospital. Kat took him home and they resumed their relationship and stayed in town.
Sign up to rate and review this story