Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Edenic

Trip to Kabukicho

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Anna and Jotaro talk about what they plan to do next. Tsuzuki receives a strange text from Anna.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Horror - Characters: Hisoka,Tatsumi,Tsuzuki,Watari - Published: 2019-01-24 - 688 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Eleven: Trip to Kabukicho:

Jotaro sat in a café in downtown Kabukicho, tapping his foot. He looked at his phone. She should've been here by now. He held his breath. Come on… /Come on…/ Jotaro looked out the window again.

He looked up when he heard the bell above the door ring. Anna walked in, looking around. She spotted him and smiled.

"Hey, sorry to keep you waiting," Anna said. The young man began to relax.

"You're here," he said. "Thank goodness." Anna sat down at the table.

"How have you been?" she asked.

"Not good," he said. "I'm freaking out here." The young man quickly looked around.

"Don't worry," Anna said. "I made sure I wasn't followed." She leaned in close.

"What are we doing?" Anna whispered. "What are you looking for?" Jotaro pressed his lips together.

"It's a storage locker," he said. "I hid something there a while back."

"How did you get out of jail?" Anna asked.

"They didn't have grounds to hold me," he said.

"What did you hide?" she asked. Jotaro lowered his eyes.

"A key," he said in a low voice. "There's also a letter. For you."

"Hm? For me?"

"Yes. Somehow, it got sent to me instead. Don't ask me how."

"Okay. So why do you need me to go with you? Other than the letter for me."

"Protection?"

"Huh?"

"I'm scared. I don't want to die." Jotaro's voice trembled as he spoke. Anna gently touched his hand.

"Stay by me," she said. "I will keep you safe." Her crush perked up.

"Thank you," Jotaro whispered. A waitress came by with another pot of coffee. The former heir waved her off. The waitress turned and walked away. Anna turned her attention back to her new partner.

"What's the plan?" she asked. Jotaro looked out the window.

"When I say go, we go," he said. Anna looked out the window. She felt bad for doing this to Tsuzuki. But she needed to do this.

"Could I go to the bathroom?" Anna asked.

"Sure," Jotaro said with a slow nod.

"Thank you," she said. Anna bowed her head and walked to the bathroom. Once inside, she took a breath.

Right…

She pulled out her phone and wrote a text. Anna pressed send. The woman took a breath and walked out of the bathroom. Jotaro looked up when he heard the door open. Anna broke into a smile.

"Ready to go?" she asked.

"Sure," he said. "Just let me pay my tab." Anna held up her hand and shook her head.

"No, let me pay it," she said. She walked up to the cash register. Jotaro blinked.

"Okay then…" he said. He followed behind her.

-Ju-Oh-Cho-

Tsuzuki paced around with his phone out. Watari turned his head.

"Calm down, Tsuzuki," he said. "We'll find her. Don't worry." The older shinigami couldn't calm down.

"Why would she do this?" he asked. "It's him, isn't it? Isn't it?"

"We don't know that yet," Tatsumi said. "She could just be out for the time being." Tsuzuki looked up at him with narrowed eyes.

"How can you be so sure?" he asked. Tatsumi began to speak, but Tsuzuki's phone buzzed. He quickly looked at it.

"It's from Anna!" he said. The shinigami looked up at his coworkers.

"She said that she's been kidnapped," Tsuzuki said. Hisoka, Tatsumi, and Watari stared at him.

"What else does it say?" Hisoka asked.

"Nothing," Tsuzuki said. "There was nothing else." He tried to scroll through the message. His stomach dropped. He ran out of the room.

"Tsuzuki?" Hisoka asked. He ran after his partner. Tatsumi and Watari looked at each other.

-Chijou-

-10:00 a.m.-

Anna and Jotaro began their trip to Kabukicho. They had to carry out their mission on foot. Cameras were everywhere.

"I don't want to be seen," Jotaro whispered.

"Understood," Anna said. They disappeared into the crowd on the street. Keep their heads down. Don't say anything. Keep moving. Should be fine, yeah?

But Anna still had her husband's worry to deal with. How long could she keep up this rouse? Anna would have to see.
Sign up to rate and review this story