Categories > Books > Harry Potter > What Goes Around...Comes Around...Lost and Found...Love

Prologue

by ilex 3 reviews

After 7 years at school together, this is how it's going to end? Regrets? Unspoken words? Will they ever meet again...under happier circumstances? Or will the war really be the end for their friend...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Humor, Romance - Characters: Angelina Johnson, Arthur Weasley, Bellatrix, Bill Weasley, Cho, Colin Creevey, Crabbe, Dean Thomas, Dobby, Draco, Dudley, Dumbledore, Ernie, Fleur, Flitwick, Fred, George, Ginny, Goyle, Hagrid, Harry, Hermione, James, Justin, Lily, Lucius, Luna - Warnings: [!] [?] [R] [V] - Published: 2006-09-21 - Updated: 2006-09-21 - 900 words

4Original

Lost and Found...Love



Prologue - June 1978





"Hurry up, you two, we'll be late for breakfast!" James Potter checked his watch and glanced up at the door to the girls' dormitory room.



"Don't get your knickers in a twist, James, we're done packing and on our way!" yelled Anna Twigg as she snapped the lock closed on her trunk. "Finished!" she exclaimed, turning toward her friend and roommate. "How about you, Lily?"



"Done!" Lily Evans walked over and put her arm around her friend's waist. "Let's go grab a bite of something."



"Goodbye old room, it's been fun." Anna waved as she steered the two of them out the door and down the stairs to the Gryffindor common room. James draped an arm over each of their shoulders and the trio headed for the portrait hole.



"So long, common room, it's been our pleasure." Anna patted a sofa in farewell.



"Are you going to say goodbye to everything we pass by?" questioned Lily. "We'll never make breakfast, much less the train."



"No, just the important things...and Severus," Anna answered back.



"Oh, Anna, do you really think..." But one glance at the look on Anna's face and Lily decided not to finish her question.



"What are you planning to do when we get to London, Anna?" James inquired, wisely changing the subject after a moment of tense silence.



"I'm going to Madam Malkin's shop straight-away, of course. No more uniforms, EVER!" Anna announced, with a smile of greedy anticipation on her face.



James and Lilly looked at each other and broke into hearty laugher.



"Heaven help Diagon Alley and Madam Malkin!" declared James.



# X # X #



"Give it up, Twiggy. That pathetic git isn't worth your time. Come on the train before you're left behind."



"Get stuffed, Sirius." Anna turned away from him and scanned the Hogsmeade station platform, trying to see through the bustling students and drifting clouds of steam. "He'll come."



"Suit yourself." Sirius Black shrugged and then turned, almost colliding with Remus Lupin. "Moony!"



"James is looking for you."



"Right."



"Where's Anna?"



"Out there." Sirius jerked his thumb over his shoulder. "You talk to her. Tell her to get on the train and stop being stupid."



"Sirius, when have I ever been able to talk her, or you, into doing anything?"



"Me? Never! Twiggy? She at least hears you out. Give it a try, old man," he urged, patting Remus on the back. Turning, Sirius took off to find James Potter.



Remus glanced out the door, pity in his eyes. "Giving him one last chance, our Anna." He crossed his arms and waited.



X # X # X



"Come on...where are you?" she muttered, pacing back and forth.



Suddenly, Severus Snape appeared, striding down the platform. When he reached Anna, he took hold of her elbow and steered her around the corner of the station house, out of sight and earshot of the few students lingering on the platform.



"I was getting worried." Anna smiled at him. "You cut it close; the train goes in just a few minutes."



"I wouldn't let you leave, Anastasia, without saying good-bye. I'm not that callous."



"Oh, yes, you are. I've seen you in action, remember?"



"Not toward you."



"True. You've never said a mean word to me, Severus, or called me a Mudblood."



"After all we've suffered...together, Anastasia, I..." Severus stumbled to a halt, looked down, took a breath and looking up at her again, continued, "I had to thank you for putting up with me and my...moods. You've been my only true friend, despite our growing differences"



"Severus, it's not too late. You can change your mind. /Please/."



"No. My fate is sealed," he replied, unconsciously rubbing his forearm, "as is yours." He watched as her expression changed from concern to steely determination.



She looked straight into his eyes. "Don't take this the wrong way, Severus, but I hope I never see you again. It won't be a pleasant reunion."



He didn't blink as he returned her penetrating gaze. "I understand and I agree. I'm sorry it has to be this way...truly."



Anna turned and walked out onto the platform but stopped and looked back at him standing by the corner of the building.



X # X # X



The driver of the Hogwarts Express blew the whistle. "ALL ABOARD!"



"Anna, hurry!" Remus called, holding out his hand.



"Coming!" Anna shouted over her shoulder. She ran back and gave Severus a quick kiss on the cheek, turned away from him and began walking swiftly toward the train. Anna glanced back after a few steps. "Good bye, old friend."



"Good bye, little girl."



She spun around to walk backward. "I hate when you call me that!" she replied, smiling at him.



"I know," he smirked.



"Take care."



He nodded.



The train lurched and began to move. Anna grabbed Remus' hand and he pulled her aboard. Closing the door, he gave her shoulder a gentle squeeze and then proceeded down the corridor. Anna leaned out the open window and waved to Severus. He started to raise his hand, but dropped it to his side.



"Goodbye, Severus," she whispered, tears in her eyes.



The train pulled out of the station and he lost sight of her in the smoke and steam.



Turning to gaze at the distant castle that had been his home for seven long, miserable years, Severus straightened his shoulders and Disapparated.




Sign up to rate and review this story