Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Edenic

A Mother's Plea

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Anna is worried about having to tell the truth to her husband when she gets a call from a blast from her past.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Published: 2019-02-02 - 537 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter /Twenty: A Mother's Plea:/

-October 11th, 2011-

"I'm home," Anna muttered to herself. She knew she was in trouble. Jotaro let her go pissed off.

"I'm sorry," she told him. The former heir glared at her.

"Goodbye," was all he said. Anna last saw him getting on a train out of Tokyo. She still had the letter in her hand.

"Be careful out there," Anna said. He wouldn't be the only one mad.

The boys found her leaving the station. Tsuzuki ran over and hugged her.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

"Yes," Anna said. Tsuzuki looked around.

"Where is he?" he asked. "Where is that bastard?" His wife hung her head.

"Gone," she said.

"Gone where?" Tsuzuki asked. She pointed to the train. The shinigami looked up.

"He got away?" Watari asked. Anna nodded once. She wouldn't look Tatsumi in the eye. He had a guess as to what really happened. She'd have to tell the truth later.

Anna walked into the living room. Tsuzuki had to work today. He didn't know the whole truth yet. She dreaded having to tell him. Anna rubbed her forehead. Suddenly, her phone rang.

"Hello?" she asked.

"Is this Anna-chan?" a woman asked on the other line. Anna for a puzzled look on her face.

"Who is this?" she asked. There was a pause over the phone.

"Um… is this the right number?" the other woman asked.

"Who is this?" Anna asked again. Another pause came.

"This is Kate-san," the other woman said. "I don't think you remember me. You were little when we met." Anna blinked for a minute.

"Kate-san?" she asked.

"Yeah," Kate-san said. "My name is Kate Yoshimi. You used to play with my daughter, Kiko." Sounded familiar…

"Kiko. Did she have pigtails?" Anna asked.

"Yes," Yoshimi said. "You were a bit taller too."

"I think I remember you," the younger woman said.

"I'm sorry about your father. I wish I could have told you earlier."

"How did you get my number? If you don't mind me asking."

"Kyoko-san gave it to me. After I heard what happened to Daisuke-san, I had to find you again. I managed to track you through Kyoko-san. She happily gave me your number."

"Uh-huh. Thank you. I am fine now."

"How have you been?"

"Good. I'm married now. We have a daughter too."

"Oh! Congratulations!"

"Thank you. How is Kiko doing?" There was a pause over the line. "Kate-san? Are you still there? Hello? Hello?"

"That's why I called," Yoshimi said. "My daughter… she's gone missing." Anna froze.

"What?" she asked.

"I've tried calling, but she won't pick up," the older woman said. "Nobody's in her apartment. She wouldn't take off like this. Kiko-chan and I are really close." Anna made a face.

"Why call me? Why not call the police?" she asked.

"She's an adult," Yoshimi explained. "They won't do anything. This can't wait. I didn't know who else to call. I'm losing my mind here." Anna lowered her hand into her lap.

"I understand," she said. "I will help you."

"Thank you," Yoshimi said. "I don't know what else to do."

"I understand," the younger woman said. "You don't have to worry anymore." Anna smiled to calm growing nerves.
Sign up to rate and review this story