Categories > Celebrities > Savage Garden > Night and Day

9

by Rose_Angel 0 reviews

Darren and Daniel in 1920s America.

Category: Savage Garden - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Characters: Colby Taylor, Daniel Jones, Darren Hayes, Kathleen de Leon - Warnings: [?] [X] - Published: 2005-06-28 - Updated: 2005-06-28 - 1514 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: Again, a silly little story that is fiction. Not intended to hurt or to make a profit.
Rating: This chapter, NC-17.

Night and Day 9/20

"Let's say that our little show is over, and so the story ends. Why not call it a day the sensible way and still be friends?" Don't Worry About Me- Frank Sinatra

Daniel stumbled up the stairs of the hotel, his body exhausted after a day of endless parties and pretending to care about socialites around New York and their endlessly monotonous lives. It was New Year's Day, and he had not slept in forty-eight hours, except for a snatched nap for two hours before another party. He had thought he would at least be able to survive at these constant celebrations if he saw Darren; but Colby had come to each of them by herself, claiming her husband was ill.

And so, he had spent the entire day worried about his lover, and perhaps coming to the hotel was a waste of time, but he had to escape Kathleen and her desperate hold on him. He was beginning to hate her, hate her childlike need for him and his approval. And the more she clung to him, the more he started to think seriously about leaving her for Darren. He knew this was a horrible thought, but he was warming to it more and more every minute of every day.

He unlocked the door to the hotel room and stepped inside and almost jumped when he saw Darren pacing like a caged animal, his entire body tense as he ran his fingers through his dark hair. His fingers trembled as he gripped a glass of what looked like whiskey and downed it in one swig. It seemed as if his body was giving off anger and frustration, the sort of frustration that many men could never handle. The sort of frustration that led to madness. "Darren? Dare, are you all right?"

Darren jumped at the sound of his name and turned to Daniel, who recoiled when he saw his lover's eyes. The usually sparkling blue seemed to be blazing with madness, but also something more animalistic. In a moment, Darren had crossed the room and pushed his lips against Daniel's, kissing him savagely, his tongue forcing it's way in and then duelling for the power. There was nothing significantly romantic about the kiss at all, and it was so unlike his lover that Daniel almost didn't respond. "Darren?"

"Shut up," Darren snapped as he began to take Daniel's clothes off, not letting buttons get in his way as he tore the shirt and then threw it to the floor. He bit at Daniel's skin, starting at his neck and then expertly working his way down, stopping to play with the younger man's nipples, tugging and nipping at them so harshly Daniel almost called out in pain. Trousers came off a moment later and Darren pushed the tall man on the bed, as he too released a throbbing erection. Daniel reached up to kiss Darren but the dark man shook his head. "Turn over," he commanded gruffly and Daniel gasped at how vulgar it sounded. They had never made love in the way Darren was now suggesting, especially since the Englishman had always claimed that he loved watching Daniel's eyes as he came close to his passion. "Turn over," Darren commanded again, lifting his hand to suggest he would make Daniel do his bidding.

Daniel turned over and spread his legs. He was not used to this; he had always been on top, even his first time years ago, he had been on top, and now Darren wanted to take control. When Darren entered him, he gasped into the duvet as pain overcame him, but Darren did not stop, did not allow him time to get used to this new sensation, but instead continued on, which made the pain almost unbearable. It was rough and completely bestial, as Darren continued to push himself further into Daniel as quickly as possible, making sentiment a thing of the past as he groaned like a man half-crazed. Daniel soon realized that he felt no desire whatsoever and that this little show was just for his lover and so he braced himself as the rhythm became so horrific, so completely wolfish until finally he felt Darren push one last, hard time and then simply rolled off of his lover and got up.

Daniel put a hand to his already sore buttocks and blanched when he saw a bit of blood mixed with Darren's liquid. "Darren? Are you all right?"

The man was looking through Daniel's coat, not speaking until he found the old cigarette case Kathleen had given Daniel as a present in Australia a year earlier. "What is this?" he asked. "What sort of shoddy case is this?"

"Kathleen gave it to me," Daniel replied.

"It is completely worthless," Darren shook his head. "Obviously that dim-witted girl has no sense of style. Don't worry, perhaps I'll buy you a new one. One made of solid silver. How does that sound?"

"It isn't necessary, Dare," Daniel promised. He watched as Darren lit a cigarette and then tossed the case on the bed as he began his pacing again, his body still uncovered but still horribly rigid. "Darren, are you all right?"

"I'm fine, Daniel," Darren waved his hand. "Perfectly fine. Considering getting absolutely drunk indeed, but still wonderfully fine. Why wouldn't I be? I have a beautiful wife, a beautiful lover, and a child on the way. Not to mention, I am, quite possibly, one of the richest men in America. So yes, Daniel, I am perfectly all right."

Daniel lit a cigarette and then edged off the bed, careful of his sore bottom as he walked to his lover. "You look horrible. Your face is almost haggard. Colby told Kathleen you were ill today. Are you still feeling unwell?"

Darren let out a strangled laugh, though it was less a laugh and more of some sort of cry. "The bitch would say I was ill, wouldn't she? Of course, she would. Moronic whore, I hate her."

"Darren!" Daniel gasped. He had never heard Darren describe his wife in such terms and he was now getting a little worried. "What is the matter then if you are not ill? What is the matter with you tonight?"


Darren walked to the bed to get another cigarette, lit it, and then walked to the window. He didn't answer for several moments, the cigarette smoldering from his mouth. He did not look at Daniel as he replied, "We must end this."


Daniel choked on the smoke he had been about to expel and stared at Darren. "Excuse me?" he coughed.

"We must end this, Daniel," Darren repeated, still not looking at the blond man. "You and I. We cannot see each other anymore."

"Why the bloody hell not?" Daniel demanded as he forcibly turned the Englishman around.

"Go, Daniel."

"Not without some sort of a bleeding explanation."

"Daniel."

"Darren."

"It does not matter."


"I think it does," Daniel shook his head. "You treated me as if I were a dog, Darren, and now you expect me to walk out and leave you for no reason? I'm sorry, that is not going to happen."

"It doesn't matter, Daniel. Just go. It will make it much easier for both of us if you walk out right now and marry your precious Kathleen. Perhaps if you do not draw this out, we can remain friends."

"I am not leaving you, Darren. I don't know what sort of part you are acting right now, but I suggest it stops immediately."

"It is not an act, Daniel. You must go. We must never meet here again."

"I love you."

"Never utter those words again," Darren shook his head. "Never."

"Darren, please. An explanation, at least."

Darren again didn't answer as he stared out the window, smoking the cigarette. He stared and stared until finally he replied, "I do not love you."

"I don't believe that, Dare."

"You must, Daniel. You must. Please, just go. Leave. Do not come back. I am not worth it."

"Worth what?" Daniel asked. "If you mean the trouble, I disagree. I look forward to seeing you daily, as girlish as that sounds, but it is true. You make my heart light, Dare. Don't do this."

"I must," Darren nodded. "I have responsibilities now. A child on the way, Danny- Daniel. I have more important things to worry about then my need for men."

"Darren, that's a lie."

"Daniel, I cannot see you anymore. That is all you need to know. Now please, go."

Daniel stared again at the man he thought he once knew and then began to gather his clothes, putting what wasn't destroyed back on and then kissed Darren roughly. "Good bye, you bastard," he said and then turned and walked out, not knowing that the second the door closed, Darren collapsed to the floor and cried until he could not cry any longer.
Sign up to rate and review this story