Categories > Books > Harry Potter > What Now, Severus?

Some Enchanted Evening

by Emilie_D 1 review

Hmmm...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Characters: Snape - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2006-09-21 - Updated: 2006-09-21 - 2363 words - Complete

2Ambiance
Zelda pulled a cigarette lighter from her pocket and lit the candles on the table in her room. She decided to leave the curtains open for a while longer, so she could see the stars appear in the twilight sky. When they did, they were by far brighter at Hogwarts than near any of the Muggle cities she had known. She took off her boots, and put on her favorite old bunny-face slippers against the chill of the stone floor. Finally, she looked at the two books, and laying aside the Muggle Studies text, she pulled A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshott toward her.

The first chapter dealt with magic and it's place in ancient Egyptian society. Zelda had always been fascinated with Egypt, and had read quite a bit about what modern archaeologists had found there. According to this remarkable source, in ancient times magic, religion and the mundane were all intertwined and accepted equally, and wizards had been respected and often prominent members of society. Zelda read seriously, marking pages that struck her as especially interesting. Soon, she became lost in history.

A subtle tapping at her door made her jump. She went to stand next to it and nervously said, "Who's there?"

There was no answer, but she realized that the door was so thick and heavy that no one could hear a voice through it - unless it was a scream. She told herself that Hogwarts was well protected and that no one there except Minerva knew that she was a Muggle. She strode to the door and opened it slightly - staring out into the dark corridor.

"May I come in?" Severus Snape asked silkily, in a low voice.

Zelda gasped and stepped close... looking deep into his black eyes. He met her stare and opened his mind to her. She put her hand up to touch his cheek.

"Severus, oh, Goddess..." she said weakly, glancing both ways in the corridor as she dragged him into her room, closing the door behind them.

"Zelda, what in Merlin's name are you doing here?" he asked as he pulled her into a fierce embrace, burying his face in her soft hair. He felt her arms fold around his neck as he kissed her. He hardly dared to believe that she was here with him at Hogwarts, or even that she was real, rather than a lovely dream.

"I'll tell you, but are you all right, my boy?" Zelda asked worriedly. She pulled back and looked appraisingly at him. He was filthy, and looked both exhausted and thinner, as though he had not eaten well of late. She unfastened the cloak he was wearing, tossed it onto a chair, and next pulled off his jacket. She ran her hands over him, and he smiled slightly as he looked at her.

Severus saw a very pretty 'witch' in black silk robes standing before him... with bunny rabbit faces peeking out from under the hem of her robes. "You look outrageous," he said with an ironic smirk. "I am fine, Zelda, do not fuss about me like that."

"Come with me," she said with a wicked smile. Giving him no chance to argue, she pulled him to the door... and after glancing again at the empty corridor she marched him hastily into the bathroom next door. Once inside, she began to fill the ancient bath. Then, while the water was running, she turned and kissed him again.

"Am I that bad?" he asked wryly, running his hands down her body before holding her tightly to his chest again. "I have missed you, my girl," he said, finding her lips with his own for another passionate kiss.

"Not at all," she replied breathlessly, "but since you're here, I thought you could scrub my back for me."

"My pleasure," Severus said, with his gaze locked to hers as he began to remove her clothes. His fingers trembled slightly as he worked... and when he had finished, he ran his hands all over her - to assure himself once more that she was really with him.

"Now you." Zelda said, efficiently stripping the filthy clothes from his body, rubbing against him as she did so and kissing his neck. She gazed up at him, and said, "I'll tell you everything, Sev. But... later, don't you think? You may get in first, but I'm rather sure there's room for two."

Severus climbed into the tub and sighed in pure delight, letting the magic of Zelda's love and fun wash over him along with the warm water. It was marvelous to finally be clean again, and blissful to feel Zelda's hands efficiently removing every trace of the past miserable days. "I wondered at times if I had dreamed you," he told her seriously, "Even this... It feels like it is a dream."

"I know. I've felt the same, but I decided to act as though you're real, and proceed accordingly, and then you will be real," Zelda replied determinedly, as she rinsed his hair. She leaned over to kiss him again, and he pulled her into his arms in the soapy water to return the favor.

The delightful sensation of Zelda's bare, soapy skin sliding over his own aroused Severus completely. He leaned back, and pulled her astride and on top of him... chuckling sensuously as he anticipated her destination, as she gradually slid lower... kissing every part of him she could reach. Finally, they joined... and they took their time, savoring the ecstasy of their physical reunion. Afterward, he held her in his arms, still in the warm bath ... reveling in this chance to tell her once more that he loved her, and see the happiness in her blue eyes as she gazed at him.

Best of all, after they had dried each other off, was when Zelda asked - with an impish grin, "Time for bed?"

They gathered up their scattered belongings, and with a careful scan of the corridor, they slipped out of the bathroom. Back in her room, they were finally under the sheets, still able to see each other in the flickering candlelight. They snuggled close, deeply contented, knowing that they had the whole night to be together.

"I meant to be furious with you, my girl," Severus said sternly, kissing her bare shoulder, "but fortunately for you I'm too happy to see you... Hogwarts is a very dangerous place for you, so why are you here?"

"Minerva asked me to come," she replied, nuzzling briefly at his neck, "Goddess, it's hard to focus when you're so close and wonderful, but I'll try. Harry told her that I taught him Legilimency, so she insisted on meeting me. She wondered if she should Obliviate me, but we talked. I also found out that Michael can do it too, Sev... he's probably even going to be as good as you with enough practice," she babbled. "Anyway, we talked and she asked me to help her, so I said I would."

"I understood perhaps one word in ten, darling girl," Severus said with a smile, too distracted to care as he ran his hands down her body. His mouth found her breasts and he was soon lost again in the joys of loving her, and feeling her love returned to him with every kiss and touch of her hands. He found himself kneeling above her, gazing down into her dancing eyes as she reached for him. They came together again and he felt again the completeness of their union. He let the knowledge seep into every fiber of his being...

Severus awoke in a room still lit by one candle. He was disoriented for a moment, until he remembered. He was with Zelda somehow, and at Hogwarts. The Dark Lord, the lurking, the cold and dirt and loneliness were irrelevant now, as he kissed his sweet Zelda's hair and held her close. Loving her was so new and so shocking in the context of his whole life. He feared no longer that she would cease to love him, but instead that something would prevent them from being together.

"Would you like to know why I'm here?" Zelda said sleepily, smiling at him in the faint light. She cuddled close to him, kissing his chest, and continued, "If you use Legilimency, maybe you'll learn the essentials before I need to kiss you again - and one thing leads to another."

"You do make it almost impossible for me to keep my mind on business," he murmured, feeling loved and shockingly content. "We will discuss business in one moment, after you have told me you shall marry me."

"I hope you haven't changed your mind, have you?" she asked with a shy smile. "Of course I'll marry you. I want to be with you as long as I live. That's why I'm here."

"Would you explain?" he asked warily. They made eye contact, and she opened her mind willingly to him, showing him every memory since he had left her at her house. He saw her teach Michael about Occlumency, and marveled at the man's strength of mind. Then he saw Ron Weasley ask her to meet Professor McGonagall, and the long conversation. When Zelda promised to assist Minerva. He was frightened for her, but moved that her love for him made her want to help them.

She saw his thought, and looked into his eyes. "I couldn't stay at home, not if I could help you," she said, kissing him softly. "I think I can make it better, and if I can, I'll do it."

"Zelda..." he began, but she kissed him and offered him more of her memory. He saw her meet Minerva and Molly Weasley, her delight in the shopping trip to Diagon Alley, and her awe at her first glimpse of Hogwarts. "I wish you had been able to come here first with me," he said morosely, wanting to share this place he loved so deeply with her.

"I know," she said, and her expression was filled with regret for a moment. "The hardest thing for me was trying not to think of you all the time, since I've been here. But there's more, dear boy. Let's finish it, so you know it all."

Severus kissed her, smiling at her wish to share everything with him. Her trust and love warmed him. He looked again, and she showed him her long conversation with Molly and Minerva. As they discussed the Order members, his lip curled in disgust when he saw it was as bad as he had feared. No one was doing anything, he realized, despising the pathetic idiots. He had drifted from Zelda's memory though... and as he focused again, he discovered that the Order of the Phoenix was under new management, and he was torn between horror and deep pride.

"Zelda... you?" he hissed in horror, "Do you know how dangerous it is? If the Dark Lord finds out... darling girl, please go home," he said, his heart pounding. "I cannot stand to think of it..." Severus held her tightly against him, wondering if it was too late to undo this mad plan.

"Now you know, and I want you to let me explain why," Zelda said, kissing his furrowed brow, "Okay?"

He nodded irritably, aware that he was being managed, but smirked guiltily inside when he realized that he loved it.

"First," Zelda said, "No one person in the Order can replace Dumbledore, right?"

"Right," he replied slowly, seeing where she was heading.

"Second," she continued, "How many wizards, besides you, of course, and Harry, have done a damned thing lately?"

"I see, darling girl, but why you?" he asked unhappily.

She beamed at him and said, "That's the beauty of it, Minerva and Molly are doing it... it's not really me. Minerva has the presence, and the sacred title, of course, and Molly knows everyone, but they all despise her for being a stay-at-home mother. She's tough and very clever, you know."

He gave his low laugh, imagining the way the Order of the Phoenix would be kicked into action. "Why do they need you then?" he asked sardonically.

"Minerva told me that I have a fresh perspective on your problems. She doesn't have much time you know, if she's going to run Hogwarts. But if any stupid wizards give Molly guff, she'll say it's really Minerva's orders," Zelda said with a cynical smirk. "Molly just needs me to hold her hand a bit until she gains confidence."

He sighed... there was logic to it, and he knew he could not prevent it. "It seems that you outrank me now, pet, formally, at least," he snickered, tickling her in a very intimate place.

Zelda giggled, and said, "If that were true... I'd order you to do that again." She pinched him, also in an intimate place, and snapped, "Enough talk from you, you're here for a different reason. Let's see your best effort, mister. Now!"

"Yes, Ma'am," Severus managed to say, straight-faced, before scooping her into his arms. "You do realize that no one speaks to Professor Severus Snape that way, do you not?" he stated, trying - and failing - to look coldly at her.

She studied him appraisingly and said, "I suppose they don't." She kissed his large nose, and brushed her lips briefly over his, saying gently, "Sometimes we talk too much." Her eyes were shining as she said coaxingly, "About that best effort, dear boy? I don't want to waste a second." In contrast to a moment earlier, she twined her arms around his neck and cuddled adoringly against him, sliding one leg over his hip, inviting what she knew would come next.

Severus knew that women were different... and at times, her rapid changes of mood made him feel a little dizzy... but in a good way, he reflected hazily as her hand firmly stroked the length of him. He had never felt so loved, he reflected, as now, with this Muggle woman who not only loved him - but was risking her life to help him. He hastily resolved to try to protect Zelda somehow, before making love to her again.
Sign up to rate and review this story