Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Edenic

Heart in Thorns

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Hotaru comes by to visit Vivian and have a chat with her. Then she gives her some good advice.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Published: 2019-05-21 - 480 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Forty-Two: /Heart in Thorns:/

Vivian stared out the window of her friend's room. She wasn't ready to go back yet. But still…

She turned back her head when there was a knock on the door.

"Viv?" she heard from the hall. Vivian had a puzzled look on her face.

"Hotaru-san?" she asked.

"Can I come in?" the loli demon asked.

"Whatever," Vivian said. She watched as the door opened. Hotaru poked her head inside.

"Hello," she said. Vivian gave her a small wave. Hotaru walked into the room. She took a seat on the bed.

"How are you?" the loli demon asked.

"Fine," Vivian said.

"Good," Hotaru said. "We're doing well too."

"Heh," the wolf demon said. "Did he send you here?"

"No," the loli demon said.

"Is that right?"

"Yes."

"Heh."

Hotaru put her hands on her knees. "Look, Mike wasn't himself at the time." Vivian rolled her eyes.

"No, no," the loli demon said. "Hear me out at least." Vivian narrowed her eyes. Hotaru took a breath.

"Right," she said. The loli demon sat up.

"I fixed the sorrow in his heart," she said. "It's not completely away. Mike needs help to fix himself. He would never hurt you intentionally." The words wobbled as they came out of her mouth. Vivian didn't look convinced.

"What are you saying?" she asked. "Are you saying I should go back to him?"

"No," Hotaru said. "I'm saying focus on you. You need to take care of yourself. How are you doing in school?"

"Good," Vivian said.

"Keep that up," the loli demon said. "Go talk to your family in New York." Vivian tilted her head.

"I don't get it," she said.

"Get what?" Hotaru asked.

"Why are you telling me this?" the wolf demon asked. Hotaru put her arm around her shoulders.

"Because I care about you," she said. "You are all my family." The loli demon hugged her from behind. Vivian nervously laughed. Hotaru let go of her.

"You can come home when you are ready," she said. "Have a good day." Vivian watched as the loli demon walked out of her room. Just as Hotaru left, the wolf demon's friend walked in looking down the hall.

"What did Hotaru-san want?" she asked. Vivian shrugged and shook her head.

"Just checking on me," she said.

"Ah," the friend said. She was about to turn and leave.

"Hey, Yuko," Vivian said. Her roommate turned her head. The wolf demon shifted in place.

"Um… What are you doing today?" Vivian asked.

"Not much," Yuko said. "Why do you ask?" The American woman shrugged and shook her head.

"No reason," she said.

"Well, I was going shopping for milk later," her friend said.

"Can I come with you?" Vivian asked.

"Sure, I guess," Yuko said. The wolf demon bowed her head.

"Thank you," she said.

"You're welcome, I suppose," her friend replied.
Sign up to rate and review this story