Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Boar and Rat

Pink and Planning

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Anna comes home drunk, much to Tsuzuki's dismay. In the morning, they talk.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Characters: Tsuzuki - Published: 2019-07-03 - 488 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Two: Pink and Planning:

-Four Days Before Halloween-

Anna stumbled home around one in the morning.

"I'm home!" she slurred out. She broke down giggling. The woman twirled her way into the living room. Tsuzuki sat in the darkness on the couch. He loudly cleared his throat. Anna jerked her head upwards.

"Oh," she said. "Sweetie!" The shinigami frowned.

"Where have you been?" he asked. Anna cocked her head.

"Hm?" she asked.

"It's one in the morning," he said.

"And?" Anna hiccupped and giggled. Tsuzuki raised an eyebrow.

"Are you… drunk?" he asked. His wife broke into a goofy smile.

"Maybe!" she said. Anna started to laugh.

"Shhh! You'll wake up the baby," Tsuzuki said. Anna tripped over and fell over at his feet. Her husband caught her just in time.

"You really are drunk," he said. "How much did you have? How did you get home?" Anna looked up at him.

"This many!" she said, arms out wide. Her cheeks looked so red in the dim moonlight.

"Let me get you to bed," Tsuzuki said.

"Aw, you are so sweet!" Anna shouted.

"Shhh," Tsuzuki said again. "Please be quiet." He helped her to her feet. "Come on, let's go." The shinigami walked her down the hall.

The next morning, Anna awoke with a pounding headache. She groaned as she rubbed her forehead.

"Damn it," Anna muttered. She looked up to see a bottle of water in front of her face.

"Here," Tsuzuki said. Anna took the water and drank up.

"Thanks," she said. Tsuzuki shook his head.

"What were you thinking?" he asked. Anna sighed and shook her head.

"I figured I could," she said. "I might not get the chance after all." He gently touched her cheek.

"Don't say that," Tsuzuki said.

"But it's true," Anna said.

"We won't let it."

Anna looked up at him. "How long before we can act?" Her husband counted up on his fingers.

"Three days, tops," Tsuzuki said. Anna gave him a weary smile.

"Can you just hold me?" she asked. He pulled her into his arms.

"Thanks," she whispered.

"We'll get through this," Tsuzuki whispered. She wanted to believe him. But Anna was being realistic. She was aware of the misery that would wait to swallow them whole.

"Tatsumi got me home," Anna said. Tsuzuki let go of her.

"What?" he asked.

"Last night," she said. "I went out for a drink. Somehow, Tatsumi found me and took me home."

"Don't do that again," Tsuzuki said. "That's not a good look for you."

"The drinking?" Anna asked.

"Yes," he said.

"Understood," she replied. Across the hall, the baby started crying.

"I've got it," Tsuzuki said. Anna shook her head.

"No, I've got it," she said. He raised his eyebrow.

"You sure?" he asked.

"I've got it," Anna said. She pushed herself to her feet and walked out of the room.

"Okay then…" Tsuzuki mumbled as he watched her.
Sign up to rate and review this story