Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Harry and Harley

Dream Snatchers

by Rihaan 2 reviews

Everyone deserves to get out of their own head once in a while.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Humor,Romance - Characters: Harry - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2019-07-31 - 11855 words

3Hot
Summary: Everyone deserves to get out of their own head once in a while.

Dedications: A very special shout-out to Alexander S, Ranma (Matty), AtomicStryker, mxwn, and tryllejens. Thank you for your continued support. It means so much to me!

---------------------------

For the third time in just as many days, it began to rain.

That in itself wasn't an unusual disturbance in Gotham City. While it was indeed approaching the end of June, the weather had yet to reflect the date; rather, yet to reflect the overall atmosphere and ever-present somber mood. Earth's yellow sun peeked into Gotham on rare occasions, shining on the darkness in small amounts, as if checking up, seeing what was expected, before retreating again for greener pastures. The city across the lake looked beautiful, this time of year.

There was a magical element in the weather of the city. And it showed more than ever before on the third day in a row Gotham saw rain.

There, in the middle of the Jezebel Plaza, in the Bowery, the massive writhing pit of vines – the gift presented by Poison Ivy, the 'gift' that had overtaken the entire main intersection of the Bowery, claiming thirty-seven GPD officers – began to smoke, and hiss, and finally, recede, and crumble into the ground.

Only a pile of bodies remained, seemingly untouched, all in barely wrinkled uniforms, and none the worse for wear. They all laid upon a patch of grass, fresh green grass, in the middle of the asphalt-laden intersection.

When Captain Jack Grogan opened his eyes, blinking through the raindrops that blurred his vision, he sat up, holding his throbbing head delicately. He ignored the tangle of limbs around him and hunched into a ball, regaining his breath.

Slowly, his comrades around him began to move off and away from each other, making their way to their knees, not trusting themselves to stand quite yet.

Eventually, one brave soul let out a grunt and wobbled on unsteady feet, learning to stand all over again. She shook off her stiff muscles, and began to walk through the wave of groans and pained exclamations. She looked around, and they turned to face each other.

Green Eyes locked onto green eyes. Which settled onto green eyes, and focused on green eyes, and confused green eyes sought out befuddled green eyes.

Jack closed his undoubtedly green eyes, before they rolled to the back of his head. He collapsed seconds after he awoke, on the field of green.

He, along with thirty-six other officers, were carted into ambulances and escorted into patrol cars.

They were finally safe. The threat was finally over, an outsider might've said. And as some of them glanced into the rainy sky, a tint of green 'corrupting' their vision, they realized they had never seen so clearly in their lives.

---------------------------

Harleen Frances Quinzel felt alone.

It was an entirely ridiculous feeling, and untrue at the very literal definition of the term (she was lying next to her best animal friend, and Juliet would be offended by her implication, she was sure), but she couldn't help but feel it, nonetheless.

But her powerful brain simply couldn't sit with that contradiction, and amended her condition. She felt... lonely?

Yes, that was the word. Lonely.

She, Ivy, and more recently Harry, shared a massive bed, one of the few pieces of furniture in the house that didn't need to be altered by magic to make room. In their modest hut, a three-bedroom hideout, dubbed the Greenhouse, she had no doubt that due to the events of the past seventy-two hours, their abode would soon rival the proportions of a mansion. All-in-all, she now had six house mates, two of which she would be rooming with. And that didn't even account for the pets and vines. She was beginning to appreciate the idea of a 'cat palace'.

She didn't mind the extra company. Sure, she and Ivy were used to the isolation, and even enjoyed the shared solitude – she wasn't much of a social butterfly before her 'kidnapping'. She was more fascinated in studying human behavior, rather than being practical in her studies. She prided herself in knowing how someone would act before she even knew their name.

The only time she really spoke to anyone without a criminal record, currently, was when she was at school, and as it was the middle of the summer, that wasn't much of an option.

Well, she did have a phone. And she also had an address book, so communication wasn't completely off the table for her. She'd just been so incredibly busy as Harley Quinn.

And studious, mild-mannered, boring Harleen Quinzel didn't have many friends to begin with, so it wasn't like she was missing much. Perhaps a phone call or two to the few friends Harleen actually had was in order?

Yes, she finally decided. Perhaps she should.

She yawned.

Maybe later.

Her heavy eyelids closed themselves once again, and this time, she didn't stop sleep from claiming her. She nuzzled into Juliet's side, and grinned at the heavy rumble that followed. The perks of having a massive bed... and beautifully understanding partners.

She drifted off with happy thoughts, resolving herself to send Karen, or Barbara, a phone call or something.

At this point, her life demanded a tiny bit of normalcy.

---------------------------

Harry leaned against the wall in the shadow of the Batman, hanging from the ceiling. "Alright. Titans. Go."

Selina, back in her usual garb, hip-hugging jeans and a yellow t-shirt, rolled her matching eyes at the wizard. "That's a loaded inquiry. As far as I can tell, they usually stick to Jump City, California. It's an all-girl squad. Gives us bad girls a bad name." She shrugged, before sitting on the enlarged, comfy couch. "Don't know much more than that, I've never crossed them. They're all unstoppable. You lucked out running into the most human of the bunch."

Edward, busy typing away at the laptop on the other side of the massive couch, paused, and looked up in concern. "The half-demon is the most human?!"

"Her and Zatanna. They're the only ones that actually have human DNA," Selina shrugged, unconcerned. "From what I can tell, the rest are aliens. Except Wonder Woman. Molded from clay by gods, was one ridiculous rumor I heard. Hard to argue when you see her; clearly, either God's a boob-girl, or She's over-compensating. If she didn't have super strength, I'd imagine she'd have a broken back by now, [size=80]lucky bitchsize]."

Harry raised an eyebrow. "You [/can't
be jealous of her, can you?"

She smirked, sneaking her arm under her own impressive bust as she leaned against the arm of the couch. "Yeah, well, I try not to draw attention, but someone stole my bra."

Edward didn't even blink. "Don't look at me."

Selina shifted, hugging her arms to herself. "I didn't, perv. But now I should."

He only shrugged, lifting his computer to cross his khaki-clad legs, kicking his crocodile-leather-clad feet to an unheard rhythm. "This 'Wonder Woman' doesn't seem too fond of support. If I had a television, I could show the room, but..." he trailed off as Harry simply made a small gesture with his hand, and the image from the laptop reflected onto the wall in front of him. Despite the light in the room, the magnificence of the superhero waving to the camera as she soared through the air didn't astound the room any less.

Ivy was, in a way, shocked when she saw that Harry was frowning as he inspected the picture. She nudged him in the side. "Are you alright?"

He shook his head, his frown deeper. "... I don't like how they cheat."

She wrinkled her eyebrows. "Cheat? Wait. You're talking about the clothes, aren't you?"

"Honestly, it's infuriating." He crossed his arms and pouted, not so different from a frown, except Ivy suddenly found it more adorable. "The memories I got from Raven showed this one in a much more conservative light. That can't be practical in a fight. It just can't be."

Pamela let out a laugh, and Selina followed soon after. "By how flustered you seem to be, her strategy seems to be working."

Harry turned away from the picture, clearing his throat. "I think I'm getting an understanding of what I'm dealing with."

"That, or a hard-on," Selina tittered.

Pamela shook her head. "Oh, you'd notice if he had a – "

Edward coughed into his fist, before pulling up another picture. "If you're both finished; here's the other Titans. I believe you've met the magician, Zatanna, and the half-demon, Raven. Here, she's marked as an alien."

It was a charity event, that much was clear. They all seemed uncaring towards an alter ego, or disguises. They dressed and acted like themselves in their superhero outfits, smiling, waving and signing and hugging children.

Well, the skin tones were odd, and there were two there – twins, he remembered – who had the most adorable little horns on their forehead, but all of them were oddly pretty girls, in pretty odd clothing.

Mundane certainly wasn't the word he was looking for, especially accounting for their beauty. They were extraordinary, he knew, and they held a certain air about them, especially as a group. "Diana, Zatanna, Raven," he began, pointing at each one. "Kori. Komi." He cleared his suddenly dry throat. "Kara."

"They're young," Selina noted with some surprise.

"They're my age," Harry corrected, "and I have no doubt they can be just as dangerous. If Raven and Zatanna are on the weaker side of the spectrum, then these are enemies I don't want to make." He looked up, and everyone directed their gaze to the sight above the projection, dangling on the ceiling. "If he can persuade them to fight for him, I might be able to get them to fight for themselves. Maybe."

"Wouldn't you rather have them fight for us?" Ivy questioned, her eyes still on the projection image. "I mean, I get the slow burn you're trying and all, but I've found that when they're young, they're more amenable to your cause. They don't have anything to fight for, yet. You should get them enamored to you, and soon you'll have them eating out the palm of your hand." She felt the eyes of the room on her, and looked around curiously. "What?... What?"

Harry shook his head, ignoring the scrutinous eyes around him. "Diana is their leader. Zatanna is a close second. They seem pretty clear, what side they're on. Trust me, they're not a blind coven, following Batman. They're heroes. They do it to help people, and he just so happens to align with their cause, with more experience. Just because we're also helping people – even when we convince them to see it that way – doesn't mean they're gonna jump over to our side."

"You just want to fuck them, don't you?" Selina joked, only to get a hard stare in return. "What? I wouldn't blame you. I might join in."

"I'm content with what I have right now, thanks."

Pamela tore her eyes away from the picture slideshow. "More wouldn't hurt. Harley would agree. We talked about this; building a better world can't be done alone. If you plan on making them partners, we may as well reap the benefits."

"And what we discussed this morning?" His eyes shifted for a second to Eddie, who was distracted as he searched different websites for more information. "About our team-building practices?"

"We discuss it; as a team. You, Harley and I discuss it, and approve them, as a team."

"And me?" Selina pouted. "I thought I was part of the team. I didn't pass? Again?"

"You're on our team, Selina. You, Eddie, Vicki, and Crane. So long as you keep trying to get along. Otherwise, your memory of everything that happened here is erased and you'll be on your way."

"... Excuse me?" Edward spoke first, while Selina's yellow eyes widened at the threat.

"Trade secrets," Harry shrugged sympathetically. "We've all told each other some embarrassing secret or truth, and you're at our home base. I could make you take an oath, but that only activates when you already give us up, and you die a – presumably – hideous and gruesome death, hypothetically, as your soul is torn apart." He blinked owlishly as all eyes – excluding Ivy's – landed on him. "I'd prefer the memory wipe; that's just me. But no one's planning on betraying us, right? Don't worry about it."

Bless Luna. She always had a way of getting people to agree with her, and she really tended to change perspectives. Little manipulator, she was. She'd make a great lawyer. He knew her better than he knew most, and he still had trouble telling when she was being serious.

And he wasn't being serious. He had told Ivy and Harley before that he couldn't make them take an oath – no magic to enforce said oath – but the rest of the team didn't need to know that.

He sent a silent thanks to the devious blonde as they shifted uncomfortably, before he turned to Pamela. "How do we do this? How do we conquer the Titans?"

She crossed her arms, grinning at her lover. "Oh? You don't have anything planned? How many do you have waiting for you back home again? Just do what you usually do."

"I'm not a miracle worker," Harry stressed, "nor am I some kind of casanova. Power in a wizard or witch is an aphrodisiac, for other wizards and witches. I don't think that essence carries in this world."

Ivy scoffed. "It worked on Harley – and myself, literally. It's worth a shot."

"I might only get the one witch," Harry admitted, looking at the other pictures Edward brought up. "Zatanna. I mean, it looked like she could've been interested."

"That's the spirit," Selina grinned, swinging her foot about as she sat with crossed legs, and Harry absently wondered if she would be wagging her tail if she had one. But there were certain things that he had learned he shouldn't ask a lady. "You might have knocked her out, kidnapped her, enslaved one of her friends, and have them both betray their boss and family, but hey, pulling a bouquet of roses from behind her ear will get you between her legs in no time."

"Structurally speaking," Harry continued, returning his attention to the pictures on the screen, plainly ignoring the thief's very valid, if sarcastic, points, "living in a capital 'T'-shaped building cannot be safe. It's also a hell of a message; an open invitation to anyone." He closed his eyes as a memory was recalled. "Raven told me that they could hear her screams. At first, I thought it was because she can project her voice, like a sonorous charm, but she was thinking of..." he pointed to the blonde, gathering his thoughts while the others sat patiently. "Kara. Raven sees her as a god, of sorts. Not only is she capable of hearing Raven across the country, she could accidentally knock over buildings in battle." He frowned. "Not just one deity, either. Diana can purposefully knock over buildings when she wants to, but chooses not to. Kori and Komi… well, depends on the mood of either one. All of them are dangerous. All of them are a threat."

"It seems so. But Zatanna…"

"She's a wildcard. You're meant to underestimate her. I caught her off-guard before. She's probably hoping I make that mistake again."

"And how would you know that?"

"Because she's a Titan. And there's gotta be a reason for that, I reckon." He rubbed at his chin, pondering. "From the glimpse I had in Raven's mind, Zatanna seems to be the strategist. No doubt she'll have a plan to retaliate." He paused. "I could try bargaining with her."

"And what do you have that she can't conjure up?" Selina speculated, genuinely curious. "Doesn't she have magic?"

"Wandless Magic," he corrected her. "Advanced magic, where I'm from. But I've seen many different types of magic. I can't go in with the safe bet that our powers are the same. She'll find a counter to the weakness I exploited. Frankly, she's the one I'm most worried about."

"Oh?" Eddie looked amused. "Because magic is the greatest power of all to you?"

"And I was told you were supposed to be good at riddles." A new voice spoke from the corner of the room, hidden in plain sight, observing their discussion, undisturbed. Doctor Crane pressed his fingers together, peering at them over his glasses. "Edward, haven't you been paying attention? She's second in command, of one of the most powerful teams in the world. In a group of gods and demons and aliens, and yet, they look to her for leadership, guidance. She may not have her own power, but she has theirs."

"Well put, Doctor," Harry complimented, nodding at the scientist, "and you're absolutely right. But it was more along the lines of who's present. The immediate danger is just that – what's immediate. I told Raven not to fight me. I told her not to call out to her friends. She won't. But Zatanna can. This isn't Raven's fight, but Zatanna might feel... vindictive."

"Hell hath no fury."

"Nice to see that phrase exists here too, I guess." He sent a smile Ivy's way. "Do you have a plan I could follow, Seductive Siren?"

"You're just jealous that she didn't give you a nickname." Twirling a lock of hair in her finger, she considered his question. "Well, in my personal experience – stop looking at me like that, Sel – in my experience, give them a reason to become your friend. Appease to them, show them you mean no harm. I'm guessing you can't release Raven from her... contract?" Harry shook his head in the negative, and she frowned. "But she caught the Batman and came here on her own. She seems to be on your side. Have her speak for you, willingly or otherwise. She's your strongest link to them. Use it. Abuse it, if you have to."

"You know I couldn't do that."

"I said 'If you have to.' Life or death situations. You wouldn't hesitate if one of the titans tried to kill you, or us... right?"

Only after her pause, did he realize that she noticed his reluctance to answer. "If I literally have no other choice, I'd do what I have to do. Last time I killed for someone, half of my soul was ripped out of me. I'm not killing any of those girls. We'll find another way."

"Can't you just mark up another contract?" Selina proposed, tapping her knee. She didn't know how this control worked, but it somewhat worried her that he could just claim ownership over a half-demon, and she was overtly curious of that process. "One saying she wouldn't hurt you, or commit her to staying neutral?"

"And the others?" Edward countered, waving to the screen. "She doesn't seem to be the leader, or any type of influencer. But they do seem to be a family, of sorts. Making the girl a non-factor would incense them even more."

"Maybe," Harry shrugged, crossing his arms. "Maybe not. Let's not complicate things yet. We'll start with what we know, and speculate what we don't. But for me to get a full grasp on things, I need sleep." He chuckled when the room, sans Ivy and Crane, stared at him strangely. "What? I'm still human."

"You told me you were an alien." The thief pouted. "I thought we were heading into a more honest relationship."

"You assumed I was an alien, Selina. I only told you I'm not from this world. I'm from a different version of this world. One with magic, and no villains or superheroes, that I know of. And I know a fair bit."

She eyed him carefully. She might have been itching to see what made the man in front of her tick, and take note of his vulnerabilities, but she had absolutely no idea what he was capable of, and suddenly, the challenge she had set for herself, became more of a mission. A heist.

The heist of the century. Harry Potter's heart.

But she couldn't take his heart, she knew that much. He had to give it to her. And then, maybe only then, would she be able to claim the rest.

Harry sagged his shoulders. Selina noticed. "You ready to take a nap, old man? I can give a mean shoulder-rub."

The wizard grunted, already leaning back into Ivy's waiting fingers. To Selina, it looked like he was merely succumbing to her spell, but the clarity in his green eyes told her a very different story. "If you're offering, I won't fight you. I don't think Ivy would, either."

Selina's focus shifted towards the other set of green eyes in the room, expecting the usual gaze of curiosity and interest that she had seen before, always directed at her.

Instead, she saw... something else. Something she wasn't used to.

"Another time, Sel. It's been a hell of a day, and I think we could all lay back for a while." Placing her hand on the wizard's shoulder – rather possessively, The yellow-eyed thief noted – she pressed her lips to the back of his neck, letting him rest against her generous bosom – though, she noted again, not as generous as her own. "Just remember our 'knocking before entering' policy, before you try to join our slumber party."

Harry yawned, covering his mouth, and fell back. Ivy lost her balance, and fell back with him. Selina got the chance to see her eyes widen in surprise, and a gasp fall from her ruby red lips, before they both faded into the corner of the wall. The projector screen flickered out.

Edward stared hard into the space that the two once occupied. "I don't see myself getting used to that anytime soon."

"I don't think she'll get used to it either," Selina grimaced, shrugging off the outright rejection. "How are you holding up, Eddie? I'm sure your human mind has been corrupted spectacularly, today. Or are you coming up with 'logical' reasons for the impossible things we've done and seen?"

He closed his laptop and steepled his fingers. "I was, to start," he admitted. "When I appeared here, after my... first rescue, from Black Mask, I assumed I was merely unconscious and lost track of time; a simple trick of misdirection and misplacement, to compensate for the light-speed travel. Don't get me wrong, I'm well aware that actual otherworldly powers exist, but to experience it is... beyond me. For now."

The yellow-eyed thief blinked in surprise. "Those might have been the most honest words you've ever spoken to me."

"I was always forthright when it comes to my dislike for you, kitty cat. But I admit, I don't know you well, so it might not be as honest as I once assumed."

She chuckled, sitting back on the sofa. "Since we're being honest, I know you well, Nygma, and I still don't like you. But a professional I am, and a friend I can be."

"Spoken like a true spy," he muttered, shaking his head and opening his laptop. "And you wonder why Ivy turned down your desperate proposition just now. Between us 'friends'."

With a hiss, she leapt off the couch and stalked out of the room, growling the whole way. Eddie paid no mind, typing away once again.

Jon gave the self-professed puzzle-master a look. "Did she just...hiss and growl?"

"Yes," he answered, without looking up. "I suppose you could call it being 'catty'. Or at least, what she would call it, if she were clever enough."

With a somewhat frightening chuckle, he tilted his head back, reclining in his seat. "Perhaps participating on a team may not be as dull as I had presumed..."

---------------------------

The green-tinted villainess didn't even stop to admonish Harry for their abrupt and dramatic exit, for when she returned to a vertical base, her eyes fell on her sleeping lover. "She looks peaceful... for someone who knows how much I dislike pets in bed." She breathed in through her nose, shaking the negative thoughts away, while also trying to ignore the smell of recently shed cat hair. "I hope Selina didn't give them any fleas...."

Harry blinked at Ivy's innocent-seeming remark, tentatively resting a hand on her arm. "Are you..."

"I'm not getting uncomfortable," she confirmed with a genuine smile, turning to wrap her arms around his neck. "Or confused, or conflicted, or unloved. Believe me, I'm feeling very sure of myself right now. I just wish I could say the same for you."

He raised an eyebrow, covering up his surprise with a roguish grin, that almost worked. "What do you mean? I thought you were worried about Harley."

"I'm always worried about Harley, but I have the right to worry about you, too." She pointed past Harley, towards the half-filled vial on the night stand. "It's why I made that stuff so long ago. Feels like a lifetime. Selina is a very... driven woman. I have no problem adding her to our inner circle." She felt Harry tense. "What? Second thoughts?"

"No, nothing like that, it's just a, erm, familiar term. The Death Eaters called themselves that."

"The term isn't mutually exclusive to Voldemort, you know?" Still, she took note of his uneasiness to the name, and resolved to do something about it later. "Look, right now, I want to finish the salve. Your back will probably always have scars, but this should improve it greatly, if that damn rubber bullet didn't impede the process."

"Oh. Thank you." He kissed her smiling lips, with his own grin. He was still curious, though. "So that's why you turned her offer down?"

"That's what I was getting at. She offered you a 'shoulder rub'. In any sense, that would mean she would have to see your scars. Remember how reluctant you were to show us?"

He relaxed fully, chuckling. "I didn't even think about that. Thought you had done a bloody great job with that, actually. They're nothing more than cuts and welts, now. I feel comfortable letting people see what you've done."

"Out of context, that makes me seem like a monster."

Harry scoffed. "You're a saint, Ivy. Don't forget that."

"I'll keep it in mind." She sealed the statement with another kiss, lingering at his lips. "Selina doesn't deserve you. Not yet. She's been such an awful tease to us for far too long, to get a reward so quickly. I want you to play a little game with her."

"Oh, really? What game?"

"Cat and Mouse, obviously."

"Oh sweet Merlin, now you're doing it, too?"

"I can't help it. I think it's the suit. She'll never take that thing off again, you made her look too good in it. She's getting more in touch with her inner feminine feline than she's ever been. Harley warned me that you were enabling her with that suit." Harry rolled his eyes, and Ivy giggled. "Show her a good time. Just not too good. She deserves to wait."

"Honestly, that's what I intended for her the whole time."

"Good. But I want to do something special for Harley, too. Something to help her sleep better. I was going to crush some Valerian root to help her sleep, in case she needs it. We used a sleeping powder earlier, on the doctor at Blackgate. Do you have anything less... disorienting?"

Harry hummed to himself. "I think so. Let's hold off on the salve, though. You might want to get comfortable."

Ivy saw the glmmer in his eyes, and braced herself at the thought that came unbidden into her mind, "Ladies and Gentlemen: For my next trick..."

---------------------------

This was... unfamiliar.

Oppression - by its very nature - creates the power that crushes it. A champion arises - a champion of the oppressed - whether it be an insipid or someone unrecorded, he will be there.

The young boy ignored the movie on the giant screen in front of him, looking around. Something felt off, and it was unsettling, to say the least.

He is born.

He wasn't supposed to be alone, and he knew that.

The question was... who was missing?

Out of the mystery of the unknown - appeared a masked rider who rode up and down the great highway...

He didn't know. He didn't know why he didn't know. He didn't remember going into the movie alone. He barely remembered his own name, but that was nothing unusual.

All he knew was that when the movie ended, he had to leave. It was time to disappear. He was looking forward to it.

He didn't particularly want to leave, though. The movie was silent, an old one for sure, but he could watch it all day, for the rest of his days.

There was something... comforting, about it all. He was alone, sure, and probably would be forever. But at least he had something interesting to watch.

This Zorro comes upon you like a graveyard ghost, and like a ghost, he disappears.

---------------------------

"Candy," Oswald grunted, over the hoots and hollers of the raucous crowd beneath him. "Report."

She tapped her fingers against her pink clipboard, her eyes shifting away from the fight on the stage. "Nothing so far. No captures, no kills, not a speeding ticket since this morning. Probably could've gotten away with the gun shipments if we did it today."

"I see tha'." His patience was as short as his stature, and Candace roamed her notes again to see if there was any good news to placate her boss.

"Your guns were never logged into the system. No one did inventory. I'm sure if we stopped by the station, there might be a truck waiting for you with your name on it."

He gave her a queer look. "You think they didn' touch it?"

"I'd bet my career on it, boss." Her sweet southern accent made his spine tingle, and she knew it. "And I make good bets. Looks like my guy is about finished with yours."

His piggy eyes bugged out when he heard the bell ring, and looking down into the fenced in arena, he could see that she was right; indeed, his bet had lost, and was being rolled to the door. "There's always the loser's pit," he muttered, before shaking his head, focusing back on topic. "Call Tracey. Tell 'er to get a team down to the station."

Candace made a negative noise. "Too much traffic. Can't get to the truck, can't get back. I recommend motorcycles to get them there, and the tunnels to get back."

"See, that's why I keep you around." He grinned, hungrily, and she smirked back, comfortable enough in his presence, and frankly, used to the terrifying sight. "And why I won't kill your bet."

She shrugged, scooting off the edge of his desk. "We're running low on guys as it is. The guys that got caught during transport, and everyone that worked for us stuck in Blackgate, hasn't contacted anyone. No one's been seen loitering around our old locations, and no one's come by the Iceberg Lounge. Not one man has hit up the hook line."

He was silent. It was sure that he had reached the same conclusion that she had. "You think they're working for Warlock and the Girls?"

"If I were a betting woman, I'd say he has all of Gotham locked down." She pointed down at the crowd, gathered around the next fight about to start. "We need them. And to keep them, we need him. That's my bet."

He grunted. "Shit. Di' they get an invitation?"

"They should have. Now, we just have to wait."

He slammed his fist on the table, and she didn't even flinch. "Boss, that was a test. Losing your cool in front of Ivy, or showing them a strip pole, again, won't do you any favors."

"Don't baby me, Candy."

"I'm not, Boss. But they might. So... yeah, I might have to baby you for a bit. And if you kill me, you know you failed the test."

He gave her a harsh glare, and she peered over her glasses, licking her lips as she tossed her book onto his desk. "Now, be a dear and go tell Tracey to get a massage booked. You and I have some work to do."

---------------------------

"Barb?"

The redhead quickly swiveled around in her chair, her screwdriver falling into her lap. "Uh, yeah dad?"

His mustache wriggled, inspecting his daughter closely. She looked perfectly healthy, untainted by his lack of presence. "You... alright?"

"Of course I am. Why wouldn't I be?"

"It's just, uh, I haven't been home for a few days, and..."

"Oh, that." She waved it off. "You're the captain, you're busy. I've seen the news, I always know what you're doing. I'm worried, but I'm always a little worried. That guy has to be stopped. If anyone can take him in, I know you can do it."

"Oh. Wait. You've been watching the news?"

She shrugged. "Mom keeps it on, in every room. She's... coping."

He plopped himself on the foot of her bed. "I wish she could see it the way you do. Could you talk to her for me, while I'm gone?"

She bit her lip, refraining from telling him that he should really do it himself. It wasn't his fault, really. She knew he would be even more tempted to stay if her mother talked to him. A glance over to the doorway told her all she needed to know. Tearing her eyes away from the gray sleepaway bag, she watched her father's kind eyes pleading with her. "Take him down, and come home, dad. If you do it quick enough, I won't need to talk to her. It'll be like you never left."

James took a deep breath. "I'll let you get back to it. Just don't get yourself into trouble. I can only take one disaster at a time. Try not to leave the house without your mother, and turn on the alarm. If you need me – "

"Dad, don't worry. I've got it. I can take care of myself – and mom. I don't have anywhere to go right now, but I'll tell you where I go, if I go. You have Karen's number, right? I'll call if I need you." she moved her small screwdriver from her lap, tossing it behind her onto the desk. Standing up, she went over to hug her father, who met her halfway. "Just worry about you, okay?"

"Stay tough, Buttercup," he whispered, kissing her on the forehead. "And stay safe. If I could, I'd hole the both of you up in the station."

"We don't need a safehouse, dad. You coming home makes it safe enough. Just make sure Gotham's safe before you do."

"Don't I always?" He peeked at the project she was working on before he came in. "Working on a camera?"

"Uh... yeah." Her voice was light. "One of the GPD digital cams. Spent all night on it. Almost good as new. They're not missing it, right?"

"I didn't even know it was missing. I don't think they'll notice for a couple weeks, we're all a little distracted right now." He stepped back, his hands on her shoulders, inspecting her closely. "Something happen?"

"Nothing to worry about. Just... ran into someone, dropped the camera. He was acting sweet, offered to fix it for me, even, but, you know... I like the challenge."

" offers to fix anything for you, say no."

She rolled her eyes, giving her father a tight hug. "Got it, dad. Now go be a Captain."

---------------------------

"Shit. I'm doing it. I said I wouldn't do it, and I've been doing it all day. Stop thinking about him, Selina."

Selina couldn't deny it, and she would not deny it, as she twisted on the still-made bed. She was frustrated.

Not at Eddie's comments, surprisingly enough. If anything, she was proud of the nerd for standing up to her. Despite being reassured by Harry's thinly veiled threat of memory wipe, she had been worried that Eddie could have blabbed while he was kidnapped, and she felt he was a weak link, or at least, the weakest of their links.

His tongue was sharp, and at least he had some loyalty, to a fault.

She'd get Eddie back. She didn't know how yet, but she'd get him back. She could let his comments go, but she could still ensure that he'd think twice before saying them again.

No, she was more frustrated with Harry Potter.

She was feeling that around him a lot, lately. Ever since she met him, actually. It came natural to her, how truly irksome she saw him.

That sentiment didn't seem to be a very popular opinion; in fact, her harsh estimation was shared only by the tiny fluff sleeping at her feet. She knew her Sasha was smart.

She didn't hate the boy. She just didn't think he was fit to 'rule the world', or whatever he was planning, but that seemed to be the gist of it. He didn't deserve Harley and Ivy by his side, and he didn't deserve a team of their caliber under his command, because that's what she was, nothing more.

She deserved to be more. She deserved everything. And that started with –

"So you do hate me?"

Selina launched up, sitting upright in bed, her eyes wide at the occupied corner of the room. "What the fuck are you – ?"

"Why did you put your suit back on? Wait - you sleep with your mask on?"

"I... Get out!"

He shook his head, crossing his arms. "You have a problem with me? Let's hear it."

"You're fucking asking me if I have a problem with you breaking into my room?"

"Yes. You're obviously an exhibitionist, if your control room stunt was anything to go by."

Her jaw dropped. "You... you saw me?"

"If Blackgate could learn anything from today, it's to put a camera in the control room, and put the video in another room. Eddie sure likes his insurance policies, doesn't he? Don't worry," he calmed her, seeing her start to seethe. "He doesn't have the feed, Harley has it. She enjoyed it, in case you wondered. She saved the clip for me, considering it was meant for me."

She growled. "Get out of my room, or I'll tear your balls off."

"Retract the claws, kitten. What we're going to do now, is known as a random employee evaluation. It'll only take a few minutes. On a scale from one to ten – "

"Maybe I'll put it in your 'language'. Fuck off."

"I was led to believe that was universal."

"Look, creep. I've been told that you're an endearing kid; charming, even. I haven't seen any of that, and I'm not seeing it now. So, if you don't get out of my room right the fuck now, I'll turn your face into a scratching post."

"Do you have those cat puns at the ready? I might stick around, just to see how many more you'll throw at me."

Finally having the thought of getting up, considering she was still in full catsuit, she was surprised to see her tabby grumble at her jostling, lazily leaping to the floor.

She stared at her cat in shock, watching her simply curl into a ball, already going back to sleep.

Sasha was her fiercest cat, and her most capable companion, as she had proved over several weeks, staying with her, and Harley's three jungle cats. In her heart, she understood that Sasha had done so out of protection for her ward, because there was no earthly reason for the girl to stay. She was a vicious cat, and out of all the animals in the house, and not counting the plant life, her Sasha was probably the only one with an actual criminal record.

So why the fucking mongrel was sleeping so peacefully, as if there wasn't a very unwanted intruder in her room, she had no idea.

Well... she did have some idea. She didn't like the implication of it, however.

"W-what..." she stuttered, her voice catching in her throat. "What did you do to my Sasha?"

"Nothing really, just something to help her relax. I wouldn't do anything to hurt her. We have more in common than I do with you. Out of the two of us, I actually know her real name." He winked at her. "She must be awfully tired, moving into a new place, surrounded by new people... a bit overwhelming, isn't it?"

She had noticed that his voice took on a softer, more understanding tone. She wasn't fooled by it. "Don't you talk down to me."

He had a preditory grin on his clean face. "Then don't play me for a fool. You want me? Then earn it. Or it might end up being the other way around."

Finally standing up, she gave him a once-over. "Ignoring that threat, was that an invitation? Because I could have sworn that I was rejected an hour ago."

"Ivy rejected you. I didn't. She's asleep. I'm not. In case you haven't noticed, we aren't exclusive."

"I noticed." She clicked her tongue. "Unfortunately, I am no longer in the mood. That's what happens when you break into my room and drug my cat. You have a strange way of coming on to people. Hope that works out with Zatanna~~"

"I'm just being direct; you can't deny that you like it when I'm straight-forward. And besides, you're no different. Remember when you came on to Vicki?"

She scoffed. "I wasn't being serious." Though a part of her was rich with anger. Sure, she was a reporter – it was her job to tell secrets – but her proposition was not for the public. There was no reason she should have told the boy.

Unless –

"You fucked her, didn't you?"

Harry looked even more amused. "Is that how your mind works? You think I propositioned her, because the only way I could've found out was through pillow-talk? You didn't even want to guess that there was another camera somewhere? Though, I'm glad you assumed I didn't turned down like you did. You either have a high opinion of me, or a low opinion of yourself, and we both know it isn't the latter."

"So you did."

"Not me, no. I don't kiss and tell. Besides, I'm sure you'd be the first to know. You seem like the possessive type, after all. I'll leave your toys alone, but I won't leave Harley and Ivy for you, nor any of my other girls."

She gingerly placed a hand on her chest, with a mocking gasp. "I would ask no such thing! You – supposedly – care deeply for them, don't you?" She flicked her hand at him, as if banishing him, only vaguely aware that he could literally do the same thing if he mimicked her hand motion. "Besides, all I was asking for was a night of fun. No relationships, kid. Nothing personal. It just wouldn't work out."

He chuckled, a deep rumble in a room that had her tingling – in a good or bad way, she wasn't quite sure. "Your seduction method needs work, girl. Just because you don't hear the sarcasm in your own voice, doesn't mean other people can't. And you're placing a risky bet on your prowess, assuming that I might not want it to end on a 'night of fun.' So, really, what's next? Have me begging for another night, stupidly assuming that while you would get no pleasure out of it, but that I might become... addicted, for lack of a better word?" She blinked, and he was suddenly closer, leering. She leaned back, her mind in a daze, and he leaned forward.

"It wouldn't work out, right? That's gonna be your mantra after our night of passionless sex – for you, at least. Sex is a weapon that you turn off and on. Cute little trick, icing your nerves. I look forward to testing that. You'll say that it won't work out, but what you mean is 'The little boy, Harry Potter couldn't keep up with a real woman', so that's when the doubt kicks in. Coming back to you on my hands and knees, ready to submit to you? That's what you see in our future, isn't it?" He grinned, and she forgot how to breathe for a moment. "I've seen this all before, and believe me, you're no Veela. But I've never met a Succubus like you."

He was inches away from her, and she could practically feel his breath on her neck. And the bead of sweat that she just wanted him to taste. "T-that's a rude thing to s-say to a lady – "

"Oh, it's a compliment. A high one, too. I'm practically sucking you off. Metaphorically, of course." He looked directly in her eyes, licking his lips. She did the same. "Take. The mask. Off."

Tugging at her chin strap with one hand, she pulled at the bridge of her nose with the other, and before she could rip the mask away, his lips were on hers. Stumbling backwards into her nightstand, she leaned against it, but the overpowering sense of Harry above her, growing, hands tracing over her special suit, and she felt every gentle graze of his presence about her lithe form in the leather confines.

Closing her eyes, for just a moment, she felt the sensation wash over her. His hands wrapped around her, pulling her closer, and she had no objections to his advances. She would have been just as vociferous, clawing at him, but she was so overwhelmed.

This was so unlike her, and she reveled in the feeling, to lose herself. In the back of her mind, she knew that was exactly what he was hoping for.

And she was so ready to disappoint him.

But for now, she was content to enjoy his hands, his tongue, his poking against her thigh. It was all so surreal, so delicious, so –

Empty.

She opened her eyes.

She was alone.

Licking her lips, reaching back to stroke her hair, only to wince at the brush against her enhanced ears. She tried to control her breathing.

'How the hell did he do that?' she wondered, and in the back of her mind, a word she was starting to dislike echoed. 'Magic. Of course. Well, it brings credence to the magic hands theory. Two-fold.'

Hugging her hypersensitive body, Selina almost slipped back into bed, but she knew she wasn't going to get any sleep. Not with the way she was wound up. Her frustration ran rampant, once again, but in a different way.

"I should pay a visit to my former landlord, anyway. I should see about my... release."

A few minutes later, she double-checked her items, more out of habit than anything else. Not much to check for, anyway.

"Whip, Check. Strap-on, check. Branding Iron. Hmm. Guess I should go pick up a branding iron."

It was a testament to her prowess that she knew exactly who to go to, and how to find them, for what she was looking for. Strictly speaking, she didn't have much power in the daytime, but at night... well.

Well, look what happened to 'The Batman' without his cloak of darkness?

---------------------------

"Fascinating," Ivy muttered, slipping her bare feet into the hot white sand. "Truly wonderful."

"I thought you woulda wanted a forest," Harleen muttered with some surprise, tipping back her wide-brimmed beach hat to look over the sparkling blue ocean. "No complaints, but... I thought you didn't know how to swim."

"I don't," the green-skinned teen sighed, setting down her towel. "But I wouldn't mind seeing your form, baby."

She gave her lover a curious look, peering over her green-tinted sunglasses. "You're still worried about me, aren't you?"

"Is it that obvious?" the redhead asked, amused, before shaking her head. "No. You're just damn good at reading people."

"It's what I do," she shrugged, moving to lie on the towel next to her lover. "It's what I'm good at. You sure you don't want to check out a jungle?"

"When we reach paradise, I want to see it with my own eyes. When our plan comes together, I want to explore that world with you, and not a moment sooner. Here, we can relax. You, me, and Harry." She lowered herself to the towel, resting her rump in the lap of the man on her mind. "What do you say?"

The wizard in question wrapped her in his arms, letting her relax in his embrace. A small chuckle passed her ear. "I've never been to the rain forests, so it won't be all that accurate. I've been to the beach once. Around the inlets of Port Pin, in France. That's where we are now."

"You've never been to a rain forest?" Harley inquired. I find that hard to believe.

"You have?"

"...That's irrelevant."

Ivy laughed. "It does sound like something that should be common, shouldn't it? But there aren't really any major forests in America. The closest thing we have to natural, here, are National Parks. An imitation of nature. It's... a preservation of the past, like fossils, a long-dead time, entirely man-made to the point that they don't even remember what it once was. It's not some secret to what it is. It's so obvious, it's irrelevant. It's - normal. It's frustrating." She let out a breath, and winced at the silence around her. "Sorry; we were supposed to be here to relax."

"No," Harry rumbled, brushing her hair back to rest his chin on her neck. "We're here to let go. We have as much time as we want to relax. But we can't relax if we keep it all in. Besides... I love seeing you so passionate about something."

"Agreed," Harleen purred, brushing the redhead's arm. "Granted, you're more angry than passionate. And there are a lot of conflicting emotions for me in between your passion stances. But it's good to see what drives you. Y'know? Does that make sense?"

"It makes perfect sense," Ivy assured her, before hesitating. "But that brings me to something else. You know you don't need my validation, right?"

Harley froze. "What do you mean, Ivy?"

"You know exactly what I mean, Harls. I fell in love with you, and I never stopped. What you do, or won't do, or can't do, will never change that. You will never be replaced, Harleen. Don't... don't exhaust yourself. It scares me."

Any denial, retort, or excuse she had formulated in her mind crumbled to dust at her girlfriend's honest confession. "R-Red?"

"I was harassed, and pushed into a vat of chemicals. Harry was orphaned by an evil Lord, and forced to live in a cupboard. Selina lived on the streets her entire life. Eddie and Crane were bullied and demeaned, and shaped into what they became by society. Vicki, from what I've read, lived from house to house, country to country, and has never known a real family of her own. You know what happened to Bruce Wayne. You see where I'm getting at, Harley. It's not worth it. Don't try to be something 'special', like what you think we are. I'd much rather you be special, as you are."

"... You got all that from me asking 'does that make sense?'" She tried to joke, but they both heard the strain in her voice, and they knew she heard it, too.

"Am I not allowed to have a hunch? Am I not allowed to be worried about that hunch, my love? You've been subtle about it – far more subtle than Harry's doubts about his place in our relationship," she muttered, causing Harry to stiffen around her, until she wriggled against him. "Our sweet boyfriend will learn to accept his place. Just like you will one day learn that I love you because of your humanity. Just because I'm charged by the Sun, doesn't mean I never want to sleep. I would love to feel tired, go to bed, wake up at normal hours, never feel the need for 'Solar Caffeine' as you lovingly call it, or... maybe, once in a while, I don't want to have green skin."

Harley gasped, her eyes comically wide. "You don't want to be green?"

Pamela let out a genuine chuckle at the high-pitched exclamation. "I know; scandalous, isn't it. I've learned to embrace it, but no, it wasn't a stroke of good luck that I happened to turn into my favorite color. I preferred blue, or purple. But it's who I am, now. I've become what I've always wanted to save. It's not cruel irony, it's a calling card. I have a choice, now. I have the choice of who I want to be, with the people I choose to love. Even in my dreams, I chose to be me. But I didn't have that choice once. Don't lose sight of that, Harleen. You chose to become Harley Quinn, because you chose to help me. I chose Harleen Quinzel, because she reminded me of what humanity I had left, and the freedom I yearned to have back." She gave her a pleading look. "Does that make sense?"

The blonde wiped at her eyes. She wasn't crying yet, but she felt like it could come at any moment. "Perfect sense, Pammy. I gotcha." Her eyes shifted towards the embarrassed man behind her girlfriend, and moved to wrap her arms around them both. "I love you guys. You know that?"

"It's not all it's cracked up to be, you know." Harleen gave Harry a curious look. "Being special, I mean. Being 'chosen'. It's terrible. It's kind of a curse, really. I figure I shouldn't have a lot to complain about, and I'm not really allowed to complain at this point. There's so many people I have in my life, that love me, and I wouldn't have it any other way. But... the chance to be normal – "

"You'd jump at it," Ivy finished for him, moving to lounge against both her lovers. "You wouldn't even consider the consequences."

"And there are a lot of them," Harley continued, running her fingers through his raven hair. "Too many to count."

"Far too many."

"Might be the end of the world."

"Multiple worlds."

"Absolutely everyone could die."

"Oh, no question about it. They will die without your specialness. It's in the Prophecy, if I recall correctly."

Harry pouted at the good-natured back and forth. "You lot sound like the Twin Weasels. I'm not feeling better, here."

"Well, according to you, Voldemort's dead, right?" Ivy questioned, and felt his nod and hum of confirmation. "So, by all standards, you are normal. Or at least, you're allowed to be. Your threat's been handled. Your family seems capable of rebuilding on their own. Your soulmate is on her way to meet us. You've completely cut off any form of connection to Dumbledore, and your government, and until you come back, your life is essentially in limbo."

"Best solution – wait it out," Harleen concluded. "You've done your part there, the biggest part. That's why we're here. It's time for you to relax."

"And what better way to relax," Ivy purred, leaning up to kiss him, "than with the people you've shared your head with?"

Harry considered that as their lips met, chastely, before Harley tagged in for a turn.

Really, it was a lot to consider, and yet, he already knew his answer.

In the outskirts of Gotham, in their overly large bed, the three were loosely embraced in each other comfortably, unresponsive to the world around them. No one could hear Pamela's cute little snore, or see Harleen's drool, nor could anyone see Harry's shivers and tremors; an infrequent, but very much present circumstance when thinking of a past life.

Tonight, that wasn't there. Tonight, Harry truly let go, and abandoned his problems, if only for a night.

Above their massive bed, the radish and bottlecap-adorned net twinkled silently, twirling in a trance until the morning, but time was a funny thing in Harry's mindscape.

The dreamsnatcher, a truly ingenious creation of Luna's, designed to reflect on one's dreams, made more helpful to a Master Occlumens, let them spend a well-earned, indeterminable time together on a small beach in France. The comfort of their bed was irrelevant. They only felt the comfort in each other's presence, in their own minds, and each others'.

Pamela had been worried for her best friend and partner, and Harry couldn't agree more, pulling the special item out of his mokeskin pouch to help her relax.

And so, for the first time in a very long time, they relaxed.

---------------------------

Well... not quite.

It took a couple of minutes for Pamela to notice, she was so distracted in her own fantasies, and she awoke in the embrace of her lovers, still beach-side. Being the larger of the two women, she was used to being the pillow, the big spoon in their embrace, and Harry made a welcome change in the way they held each other.

Still, when she opened her eyes, Harley's wide-brimmed hat covering her face from the sun, instead of feeling the abundance of energy she usually felt under the glow, she felt calm, relaxed, and... suddenly mindful of her loneliness.

"I feel like you two are distracted. Thinking about anything?"

The two slowly blinked themselves awake. Harry easily shook his head, while Harleen took longer to respond. "The range of the dreamsnatcher is wide," he muttered, sliding his hand up and down her smooth stomach. "I just finished trying a little social experiment. Remember our game of Cat and Mouse? I don't think she knows which one she is yet. Between you and me, she's probably wrong."

Harley's mouth clicked open, completely unaware of Ivy's lack of surprise. "Wait - you're in Selina's head? We can visit other people's heads? I... huh. That makes a lot more sense, now. Really glad you told me that before I really fucked up."

"What makes a lot more sense?" Ivy wondered, adjusting her legs wrapped around the smaller blonde's, leaning up to stare into her girlfriend's blue eyes. "What are you dreaming about?Or rather, who?"

She chuckled nervously, which Ivy learned, was never a good sign. "Remember when we said I shouldn't overdo it, and that I probably need to just relax for a while? I get it. I really do. That's why I'm a part of this team. I want to help you both. I can't be super, I get that too. But I still, I don't know, want to do something, make a legacy for myself. Be useful. I can still be me. And I need to do what I do best."

"And that is?" Ivy asked after a pregnant pause, almost sure she knew the answer, considering where they were, and what they've all been doing.

---------------------------

"Excuse me, kid. Where are your parents?"

The child stared at her oddly. "My parents?" He looked around. "Is... is that who I was looking for?"

"You don't seem to be looking for anyone. You seem pretty interested in the movie."

He barely glanced back at the screen, before staring right back at her. "Eh. I've seen it before. I really like it. I come here all the time alone, but I wanted to see it with them, tonight – oh. I guess I did come with them."

"That's not something you're supposed to forget. So, what's your name, kid?"

He squinted his eyes, straying to the right, towards the back of the empty theater. "It's on the tip of my tongue..."

"Hey, hey, don't try too hard. I believe you. I'm a doctor. Wanna come with me?"

He eyed the stranger with contempt. She might have looked like a doctor, with a white coat glasses, and an ID badge, and her gray streaks of hair, combined with the lines beside her kind blue eyes, spoke of experience, and exuded friendliness. He should trust her. On any other night, before this night, he could've trusted her.

But this wasn't how this night was supposed to go.

"Uh... no thanks."

"You sure? It looks like you could really use someone."

"I... I have to wait for my parents to come pick me up."

"OK. I'll wait with you. How does that sound?"

He reluctantly nodded, and she sat two seats away, reaching over to pat his hand. He didn't flinch, and she didn't expect him to. Not at this point in time, at least.

"Your parents might take a while."

"...I know."

"I'm sure someone will be here to take care of you, soon."

"I hope so." He just hoped she wasn't there when someone finally did.

"Relax, kid. You're safe with me. I won't let anyone hurt you again. The thing about pain is, if you ignore it, it's still there. It could even kill you. You just get to choose how slow it's gonna be."

He wasn't reading the words on the silent movie anymore. She couldn't blame him. Even the music was fading away. "How slow?"

"Decades. Slowly eating at you. I know you, kid. You're a prodigy, like me. You know what I'm talking about, when it comes to trauma."

"You don't know me. Sometimes you can use it to your advantage; the pain. Make it work for you, instead of eat you alive."

"It will still eat you, kid. Like I said; ignoring it won't make it go away, and finding new ways to ignore it won't change a thing. Believe me, I've tried. Carry the pain all your life, and you will break down at the most inconvenient time. That's why you gotta surround yourself with what you have left. You're not alone."

"You don't know what you're talking about. I don't have a problem."

"Heh. Somebody thinks he's special. Newsflash, kid; your parents aren't here, because you didn't want them here. This night was meant for you. Just like any other night. Your parents were never supposed to be here. But tonight, they were. On this night, they weren't busy for the first time in forever, and they wanted to go out with their son to see his favorite movie."

"I..."

"Hey, I get it. You think you're ready to die; alone. You think you would have made that sacrifice. You died the night this happened. And this is how you cope with it. This is how you picture yourself without your mask. But you just pretend they aren't here. They're somewhere else. Maybe on vacation, maybe with your butler. Who knows? What matters is that you don't know. And you think that's good."

He seemed to shrink into the seat beside her. "It's not good. It's what make sense."

"But it doesn't. And somewhere, you know that, too. Don't try to cover your denial issues with false abandonment issues. Stop trying to weave a less depressing tragedy, and stick to the one you have."

Little Bruce Wayne shook his head, tears threatening to fall. "I don't want to. It's all I have."

Harleen nodded, proud that even at his age, he could acknowledge her point, even if he didn't want to. "That's why I'm here. We both know the dream ends after you leave this room; it always does. There isn't a worse feeling in the world than loneliness. It's why you let me in. So, let's talk. We've got as long as you want. Popcorn?"

---------------------------

Harry groaned, while Harley grinned shyly. "It's worth a shot, while I have his attention. He's basically in a coma right now anyway, right?"

"Harley, that is so unbelievably dangerous, I can't even begin to think that you didn't tell us first!"

"Well, I wanted to! But Ivy... you just opened your heart up to me, and I didn't want to upset you. I told you, your passion gives off a wide range of emotions for me. I'll – I'll stop if you want me to."

"...Do you want to stop?"

"I... not really. I learned so much from him before he spoke, it's like he laid out his story before I even entered his head. He was literally calling out for someone. I don't know as much as the memories you have, but I can piece 'em together. It feels like we're really hitting a breakthrough."

"I'll come with you." Harry muttered, in a tone that brokered no argument. "I won't interfere. I just want to make sure you're okay. If he can call out, he can probably pull in, too." He gave Ivy a pointed look. "I'll make sure she's careful."

"I know you will," Ivy replied easily, giving him a strange look, silently wondering why he even felt the need to assure her - did they not cover that already?

"I should hope you would do the same."

" – Oh." Under the sunhat, he could probably see her pinked cheeks. "Of course."

"Hm?" Harleen looked between the two. "What am I missing, here?"

"Nothing," Ivy lied, closing her eyes and looking away from the girl. Before she could persist, and she just knew her inquisitive lover would, Ivy shook her head. "You're smart, and persistent, Harley. It's one of the many things I love about you. But you're also too smart and persistent. I can't keep anything from you. Try to play dumb for a minute. I'll tell you in the morning, okay?"

Instead of a pout, which she half-expected, a chuckle burst forth, and she felt a kiss to her temple. "Alright, okay. I'll play dumb. I won't be good at it, but I'll try it for once. Ready?"

The three uttered their goodbyes, and fell asleep together on the beach, before parting ways.

Well... at least their bodies would be well-rested, and relaxed, by sunrise.

Part of Ivy wished she had dug up the valerian root instead, in the hopes of old-fashioned sleep; an impossibly small part of her. However, she was one step closer to making her Harleen feel better. Her mood was improving, it seemed, but a nice gift when she woke up could go a long way, couldn't it?

With that thought, she found herself back in the - admittedly, authentic-looking tropical rain forest, in front of her 'hostage', kneeling in the middle of a clearing, her nude form bound and vulnerable - just as she had left it.

Good. The girl could heed instructions well.

Time was a funny thing in Harry's mind. Harleen had gone back to Bruce's imagination, as if she had never left - barely a second of a lack of focus was all she needed, and she was back, sitting next to the child in the seats, offering more popcorn.
Elsewhere, Ivy was in the head of another, wandering the dreamscape and appreciating the woman's worldly knowledge and curiosity. A moment stuck in time - for two hours, she knelt there, in the middle of the forest, and the only thing that looked out of place was the African Lion, with big blue eyes, lying there next to her, her head popping up the moment Ivy came into view.

With a languid stroke upon her back, Bubbles took that as her cue to stretch her legs, and sauntered away from the kneeling blonde, making her way into the trees for some well-deserved reward time after guarding her new slave.

She gave the girl a look. "You lied about your allergies."

"I'm sorry, Mistress."

"I know. I commiserate, really. You just wanted to keep your distance from Selina. She carried you to your room after you fainted; did you know that?"

"I did not, Mistress. She has my apologies."

"She does not deserve your apologies, my sweet girl. You may kneel before me, but you'll be kneeling on her back when she comes into the fold."

Her blush was stunning, and Ivy didn't find it difficult at all to admit that her Harley had damn good taste. "Thank you very much, Mistress."

"Enough about her. Let's get back to what's important - you. Let's talk about what a kinky mind you have," she whispered, leaning down to lick the blonde's ear, feeling her shudder beneath her. "A rain forest? Why would I attack anyone in a rain forest, much less you?"

"You wouldn't," she whimpered, writhing in the vines as they lovingly caressed her. "At least, I'd hope not. That's why I respect you so much. Fantasies aren't supposed to make sense, Mistress. My fantasies never do."

"I see," she grumbled, having her lifted up to her level, marveling at the level of control she harnessed over her babies, reminding herself that they weren't hers at all - but like everything else in Vicki's mind, a surrender of control to her. "But I'm afraid I've been holding back from you." Slipping her fingers inside the hypersensitive blonde, she reveled in her moans. "Pay attention, darling, or I'll leave again. Promise we'll go a few more rounds, and let you continue on your little expedition. But here's the caveat I mentioned before our fun began; we'll both remember this little experience in the morning, Miss Vale, every succulent second of it... and then you'll be ready to show my lovers what you've learned...."

---------------------------

Author's Note: Thank you so very much for reading.

Honestly, writing the second half of this chapter reminded me all over again why I do this, especially when I got into a groove. The last two-thirds got hammered out in a week, and should (SHOULD) make writing the next chapter far easier.

Look, I'm aware that I rarely ever get a story finished, and I have a reputation for writer's blocks, and, if you didn't know, for the very first time, I have a real job, and I've had that job since September (2018), so there was a hell of an adjustment period during this time.

I thank all of you for having patience, for the over 2,000 users following/faving this story on fanfiction dotnet, and I love you all so much for those coming back to read this.

Am I rusty? Probably. Out of the game? I don't think so, but hey, this is mostly for the readers, and your opinion matters. So please, leave a review, tell me what you think, and maybe shoot some ideas for the future. I'll be listening.

Also, I will be buying a shortlink domain soon. Help me decide what the domain should be over at rihaansfics dotcom!

To pass the time, I've been doing movie raffles, because handing out free shit is all I can do until I get back into my real job, the one that has its own rewards. So, come on over to my site when you get the chance, I've been doing some cool stuff over there.

Please Review!
Sign up to rate and review this story