Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Boar and Rat

High Life

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Vivian and her roommates hang out at Starbucks for Halloween.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Humor - Published: 2019-09-23 - 629 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Twenty-Four: High Life:

Five girls hit Tokyo on Halloween night. They got dressed up for a good time. Vivian shoved her hands into her pockets. She certainly stood out in their little group. She tried to ignore the stares locked on her.

I stand out too much. She felt a nudge on her arm. Vivian turned her head. Yuuko smiled at her. The wolf demon began to relax. The leader stretched out her arms.

"Okay, girls! This is our night!" she shouted. "Let's live it up like queens!"

"Yeah!" the other girls cheered. Vivian half-heartedly pumped her fist in the air.

"Just don't get into too much trouble," she mumbled to herself. Yuuko nudged her on the arm.

"Come on," she said. "Live a little." Vivian tried to smile. Maybe this could work out.

The girls made it to the local Starbucks. The patrons were all in costume. Cats, zombies, angels, demons, schoolkids, clowns, and monsters acted like normal people. Vivian tried not to look at the clowns.

"You okay?" her round-faced roommate asked. Vivian clenched her teeth.

"Clowns," she whispered. Her roommate looked around.

"Oh…" she said. "Okay, uh… well just don't look at them. Here." She pulled Vivian close.

"Stay by me, okay?" she said. Vivian nodded. The five girls walked up to the counter. The barista perked up.

"Welcome to Starbucks! How can I help you tonight?" she asked. The girls made their orders. Vivian began to relax. The leader paid for the drinks. The wolf demon took out her wallet.

"Nah, babe," the leader said. "I got this." Vivian looked at the eyes resting on her.

"Are you sure?" she asked.

"Yeah," the leader said. "It's fine." Vivian looked at her friends staring as she put her wallet away.

"Please take your seat," the barista said. "Your drinks will be ready."

"Thank you," the leader said. They bowed at the counter.

"Next, please!" the barista shouted. The five young ladies took their seats at a table near the window. One of the other roommates looked around the crowded shop.

"You think I'll see Nakamura tonight?" she asked. The leader threw back her head and groaned.

"Shiori !" she said. "I said no boys tonight. This is just us girls." Shiori turned, pouting.

"Aw come on, Megumi," she complained. "We can still look, can't we?"

"No," Megumi said. "No men!"

"You're so mean!" Shiori wailed. Yuuko laughed, throwing back her head.

"It's not funny!" Shiori wailed. The girls broke down laughing. Even Vivian started to smile.

"Kamiya!" the barista shouted. Megumi smiled.

"That's us, girls," she said. Shiori sat frowning with her arms across her chest. Megumi got up and walked over to the counter. She came back with their drinks.

"Here you are," Megumi said. She gave a cup of coffee to each girl.

"Thanks," Vivian said as she took hers. She took a sip of her coffee.

"Mmm," the wolf demon said. "This is good!" She noticed everyone staring at her. Vivian's face turned bright red as she lowered her head. Yuuko patted her on the shoulder.

"That good, huh?" she asked.

"Yes," Vivian mumbled. She took another sip of her coffee.

"Where are we going after this?" Vivian asked. Megumi smiled with her drink in her hand.

"Just hanging around for a bit," she said. "Maybe join the others on the street." The other girls looked confused.

"But we're not in costume," the round-faced girl said.

"Sure we are," the leader said. "We're just five college girls looking for a good night out on Halloween." The girls rolled their eyes.

"Sure we are," Shiori said. She took another sip of her coffee.

"We sure are," Megumi said. She took a drink herself. Vivian only shook her head. Her coffee was that good though.
Sign up to rate and review this story