Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Boar and Rat

Beauty in the Bold

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Sota walks up to Kazue and finally confesses his feelings to her. Kazue clearly doesn't know how to deal with it.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2019-09-25 - 467 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Twenty-Six: Beauty in the Bold:

Kazue snorted. Why did he have to come here? Sota sat across the room, watching her. Hotaru invited him over to this stupid party. She knew Kazue hated parties. This had to be another matchmaking plot. The demon sneered.

/Lame/, she thought. But then Kazue paused.

/He's staring at me/, she thought. Sota held a fancy glass in his hand as he locked eyes with her. Kazue's face turned red.

Damn it! Why did /he have to come?/ Sota began walking towards her. Kazue was quick to put on her resting bitch face.

"Good evening," Sota said once he reached her. Kazue wrinkled her nose.

"Hi," she muttered. Sota tilted his head.

"You having fun?" he asked.

"No," she said. He frowned.

"Not much into parties, huh?"

"No."

Sota chuckled nervously. "I'm not really one into parties either." Kaze looked up at him. He gave her a calm smile. Oh, why did he have to be so beautiful?

"Then why did you come here?" Kazue asked.

"I wanted to see you again," Sota said. The demon froze.

"What?" she asked. Her face was so red. Sota laughed nervously.

"Hotaru said that you would be here," he said. Sure she did. Kazue frowned. Sota stood by her, trying to fish for the right words. She looked up at him with eyes narrowed.

"What?" she asked. Sota looked around as if fishing for the right words. Kazue rolled her eyes and groaned.

"Spit it out already!" Kazue yelled. "You just standing around like that is just creepy!" Sota's face was now bright red.

"I like you!" he shouted at last. The demon paused.

"What?!" she asked. Sota tightly clutched his cup with a shaking hand.

"I like you," he repeated. "I have fallen for you."

"Why?" Kazue asked. "You don't even know me."

"I… I don't know," Sota said. "I just know that I like you." Kazue looked down into his cup.

"Did Hotaru slip something into your drink?" she asked.

"No," Sota said. She raised an eyebrow at him.

"Are you sure?" she asked.

"Yeah," he said. Kazue looked around the living room. She spotted Hotaru by the TV talking to Lenard and Tai. The demon with the fuzzy ears on her head frowned.

"What do you think of me?" Sota asked. Kazue whipped her head around.

"Huh?" she asked. The man gulped.

"Do you like me too?" he asked. "I want to date you." Kazue couldn't answer. She bit her lower lip as her cheeks turned red. She was as red as her crush.

Hotaru watched them out of the corner of her eye. Come on. Do /the right thing. You can do it, Kazue./ I know you can.

The couple continued to stare at each other with bright red faces.
Sign up to rate and review this story