Categories > Anime/Manga > One Piece > The Life I Live

The Plan

by I-Dont-Like-I-Obsess 0 reviews

Law finally tells Summer what his plan is, and they confront these feelings between them.

Category: One Piece - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2019-10-13 - 2076 words - Complete

0Unrated
Most of the injured had been attended to, so that the only wounds Law was left to treat were various cuts and fractured bones. Each crew mate was sent off quicker than the last, and before long only Penguin was left in the infirmary with him. He was just finishing up bandaging his cut arm.

"Thanks, Captain." The engineer hopped down from the metal examination table and started towards the door. Law hesitated, rethought his decision, and finally convinced himself it was right.

"Penguin-ya." He turned to look back at the captain. "Please inform Summer-ya that I wish to speak with her."

"Ay, Captain!" He gave a little salute before pushing through the double doors. Once the sound of the engineer's footsteps had disappeared, Law turned back towards the table of tools that had yet to be cleaned.

The tink of metal and the running sink were the only things heard and Law took the moment to appreciate the moment of peace. There precious few of them ever since he took in Summer to his crew. Although, he thought, he really didn't regret it. She was a valuable addition to his crew, even if she could be an ass sometimes. He smirked at the thought.

"You wanted to see me?" The blonde in question asked, pushing through the doors unceremoniously. Her tone left it obvious that she wasn't exactly happy to be summoned by him. Drying his hands with a towel, he turned to face her.

"Yes, please take a seat." He gestured to one of the metal stools but she hopped on top of one of the examination tables instead. He raised an eyebrow at the tiny act of defiance. Reaching for his desk chair, he turned it to face her and sat. Crossing his arms, he waited.

The silence stretched, and Summer shifted several times. She wouldn't look at him for whatever reason. Finally, after a few minutes without anyone speaking had passed, Summer couldn't take it any longer.

"Why did you want me here?" She snapped. He smirked at her harshness. In truth, this visit was supposed to resolve any high tensions that surrounded the girl, but he just couldn't help but rile her up.

"Do you know why I brought Kat-ya aboard my submarine?" He asked. She rolled her eyes.

"No, and I don't think I really want to know at this point."

"And why is that?" Her silence was the only response. She glanced around the room, still not meeting his gaze. Realizing he wouldn't get anywhere with her like this, he stood and approached her. As soon as he took a step closer she held out a hand to him.

"Stay right there and don't move. Please." She said as an afterthought. He stopped, but only out of the curiousness of the request. Her cheeks were slightly pink, which didn't make sense at the moment. Brushing it off, he decided to head her request.

"I know you've been wondering why Kat-ya is still with us, correct?" Reluctantly, she nodded. "If you'll let me explain, then you'll know why."

"Fine." She muttered. Her arms crossed her chest again.

"Kat-ya claims she comes from a wealthy family on Elysium. I've told Bepo Bart-ya to head there now." Summer nodded, indicating she was listening. "That ship we looted didn't have much of value, so we are still low on funds. I believe Kat-ya can help us with that."

"You're going to take her family's money?" At his nod, she seemed to think about it for a moment. "Well, you've done worse things. How are we going to get to it though? I doubt Kat will guide us to the money seeing as she doesn't want to even set foot on that island."

Summer appeared much calmer at this point, probably sobered by the thought that Kat would be leaving them soon.

"I've accounted for that. We'll just have to take her hostage and demand ransom from her family." She gave him an incredulous look.

"What are the others going to think of this whole thing? They seem to love her." She added bitterly. He gave a smirk.

"They've already been informed of my plans." Her head snapped up.

"So I'm the last one to know about this?" He nodded and her hands flew up. "And why the hell is that?"

"I didn't want Kat-ya to be alerted to the fact that something was amiss." Her confused look prompted him to explain. "If I were to tell you what I was doing with her before, your behavior towards her would have changed. If she noticed that fact, she would lose her trust in you as well as the rest of us. That would make this a lot harder than it would need to be." In between conversation, Law listened outside the door for footsteps, or the high pitched shrilling of Kat's voice. He didn't want to alert her to his plan.

"I still don't totally get it, but how do we even know who Kat's family is?" Summer crossed her legs underneath her, but she seemed to be relaxing more. Good, he didn't really want to deal with a pissed off Summer right then.

"We'll scout the island before we bring her ashore. Look for the most expensive house, I suppose." She shook her head.

"She'll notice if we land on her home island, don't you think?" Law shifted on his feet and listened out the door a moment, checking that no one was walking by.

"I'll have Casper-ya give her a job in the kitchen storage. There aren't any windows in there and he can lock her inside until we're ready."

Summer sat there for a moment, pondering Law's scheme. He noticed her cheeks were still pink, and he took a step closer to her. She didn't seem to notice, so he took a couple more.

"Alright, I see the logic in it I guess. But wouldn't this whole thing kind of weaken the trust in your crew? I mean, you're selling out of your own for profit?" He narrowed his eyes.

"I would think you had more respect for me than that." She looked down. "Kat-ya was never a part of this crew. The rest of the men know that as well. She is useless to me and, from what others have told me, to everyone else."

Summer chuckled and gave a small smile. "Well, at least we agree on something." Law grinned a little as well. When it came to hating Kat, they were both on the same page.

"Is that it then? Is there anything I should know?" Summer hopped down from the examination table and smoothed out her tank top.

"We'll be landing on Elysium in two days. I'm sending you to help scout, so be ready for that."

"Alright, then I guess I'll get going. I need to help Casper with the food anyway." She said with a wince. Holding onto her side, she started for the door. Suddenly she stopped and hesitated. He watched as she turned back to face him.

"Hey, Law. What were you and Kat talking about yesterday?" The question caught him off guard, and he raised a brow in curiosity. From the look on her face, he wasn't sure Summer even knew why she had asked it.

He smirked. Teasing her would never get old.

"May I ask why you want to know?" Her face flushed when she realized her position.

"Umm...I actually don't want to know...Yeah, pretend I didn't say anything." She struggled to piece together a single sentence. Law noticed her trying to back away towards the door without him seeing it. He took a step closer.

"Is that...jealousy I detect?" She gave a little glare at the floor, but her eyes once again wouldn't meet his.

"N-nevermind, it's nothing. Just...forget it. I've gotta go." He grabbed hold of her arm before she could slip away and pushed her against the wall, keeping his hands on either side of her hip. He was conscious of her wound, intentionally avoiding her side so it wouldn't reopen by chance. She seemed to be holding her breath and a look of surprise marked her face. A wolflike grin flashed itself at her.

" It's easy to see when you lie to me, Summer-ya."

"It's easy to see when you lie to me, Summer-ya."

'Oh God...what do I do? What do I do? I can't move! He's so close!' Summer's thoughts were racing, trying to keep up with what was going on. He was close enough that she took in his scent; a unique mix of disinfectant and something completely male. She had always hated hospitals and anything having to do with them, but she shamefully realized that his scent didn't bother her. Quite the opposite, she always felt safer when he was around.

"I'm not...lying?" It unintentionally came out as a question. Law seemed to be amused by her flustered appearance and jointed speech, because he only smirked wider and leaned a little closer.

"Tell me the truth. Are you jealous of Kat-ya?" She slowly met his gaze and immediately she realized that it was a big mistake. His dark eyes pierced her and she couldn't look away. Want and amusement stared her in the face and it scared her. She hadn't been looked at in this way before.

"I...that's...it's not…" She stuttered. His gaze lowered to her lips. More out of instinct than any conscious effort to, her own eyes dropped to his mouth. Somewhere in the back of her mind she wondered what it would be like to kiss those lips. She didn't have the effort at this point to push the thought away.

"Tell me." He whispered in a commanding tone. She responded without thought or reason. She only reacted to his sharp order.

"Yes." It came out barely more than a whisper, but he seemed to hear it.

She wasn't aware of anything, really. Not the quick rise and fall of her chest, or her pounding heart. Nor the cold infirmary room around her. She didn't even register that she was still pinned to the wall behind her.

She was only focused on his lips on hers.

The kiss was exactly what she had thought it would feel like; insistent and warm. She wouldn't call it gentle or kind. There was a distinct force behind it, set entirely on establishing dominance over her. But she didn't expect, or want, anything less from the man who was known as the Surgeon of Death.

'You shouldn't want this!'

He tilted his head to deepen the kiss, and Summer realized her hands had taken hold of his hoodie. When that happened she couldn't recall, but her grip tightened around the soft fabric. Whether it was to push him away or draw him closer even she didn't know.

'You cannot love.'

His hands slowly made their way to her arms and he held them to her sides. Her eyes slowly drifted closed and she gave up trying to resist. He coaxed her mouth to respond to his and she slowly complied.

Just as she was getting more into the kiss, he broke it off and rested his forehead on hers. Opening her eyes in confusion she looked up to see the captain's smirk still in place. A large part of her wanted to once again close the distance between them, but she resisted the urge.

They were both breathing heavily, trying to catch their breath. Strangely, the awkwardness from the past week seemed to melt away and Summer was able to look him straight in the eye without any fear. It was a good feeling, she just didn't understand where it came from.

Their breathing started to slow and Law leaned forward again, but he stopped just short of her mouth.

"There's nothing between Kat-ya and I." He whispered. Pushing off of the wall, his fingertips brushing gently against her arm as he did so, he slipped out the door next to them. Summer was left leaning against the wall, still reeling from the sudden kiss. Thankfully, the cold infirmary was helping to cool her reddened face quite a bit.

She let out a breath, both out of relief and frustration. Though it did answer a few of her questions, something told her that kiss was just going to make things more complicated.
Sign up to rate and review this story