Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Boar and Rat

Nothing to Do

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Watari and Tatsumi talk while they wait.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Characters: Tatsumi,Watari - Published: 2019-10-29 - 469 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Thirty-Three: /Nothing to Do:/

Tatsumi looked over at Watari. "Hey."

"Hm?" the blonde scientist asked.

"Why all of this?"

"To stop Haruka once and for all."

"But what about after that? She's been focused on revenge for two years now."

"Yes."

"What will she do after that? What will she have left?"

Watari took a moment to think. "They'll figure it out. They always do."

"How do you do it?"

"Do what?"

"Have so much faith in them. Meifu won't tolerate this for long, you know?"

"Yes, I am aware."

"So… why? What's the point?"

Watari shrugged. "Faith, I guess. They have each other. They can get through this."

"I wish I had your optimism." Tatsumi turned back to the table. "How long is this going to take?"

"Don't know. It has to find him first."

"You haven't contacted them?"

"No. I can't reach them." Watari held up his phone. "Out of range or turned off."

"Seriously?" Tatsumi picked up his phone and dialed Tsuzuki.

"The number you have dialed is either out of range or turned off," the operator said. The kagetsukai hung up.

"How long has it been like this?" he asked.

"Hours, I guess," Watari said. "They started early."

"And you haven't contacted them since?"

"No."

"Why didn't you tell me anything?"

"You would've stopped them."

Tatsumi started to speak but no words would come. He finally closed his mouth.

"How will we know?" the shinigami asked instead.

"A sign," Watari said. "I don't know what it will be." Tatsumi didn't complain.

"They better come back," he said.

"They will," the blonde scientist said. "Hey, are you going to Hotaru's party?" The secretary gave him an odd look.

"Huh?" he asked.

"She invited all of us," Watari said. "I doubt the boss will go. I sent Bon off to go earlier. I might go too. You?"

"I don't do parties," Tatsumi said. Watari frowned.

"Boring!" he said. "Guess you want to spend time with me." The secretary rolled his eyes.

"Oh, please," he muttered. The blonde scientist gave him a goofy smile.

"Come on!" he said. "I'm a joy to be around!" Tatsumi rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, whatever," he muttered. 003 flew over and sat on Watari's shoulder. He patted the little owl on the head. Tatsumi shoved his glasses upwards. A low buzzing noise filled the room.

"What was that?" Tatsumi asked.

"Hang on," Watari said. He got up and looked at the table. The surface had a dull blue glow.

"I think it found something," Watari said. Tatsumi hurried to his side.

"What do we do?" he asked.

"We have to wait," the blonde scientist said. The shinigami held their breaths.

Tsuzuki looked up when he heard whistling in the sky. He smiled to himself.

"It's about time," he said to himself. "Thanks, Watari."
Sign up to rate and review this story