Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Boar and Rat

Drink Run

by Noizchild 0 reviews

When the drinks run out at the party, Mike and Tai got out to 7-11 to buy more. On the way there, Mike talks about his problem with Vivian.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2019-11-03 - 489 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Drink Run:

"Hoto-chan!" Mike shouted. "We're out of drinks!" Hotaru looked up.

"What?" she asked. The American man held up his cup.

"We're out of drinks," he said again.

"Really?" she asked.

"Yeah," he said. The loli demon frowned.

"Oh darn it," she said. "Looks like I'll have to go get more." Mike raised his hand.

"I'll go," he said. Vivian didn't even look at him.

"You sure?" Hotaru asked. Mike looked over at Vivian.

"Yeah," he said. "It's fine." He set down his cup.

"I'll go with you," Tai said, turning around.

"Oh no, it's fine," Mike said.

"No," Hotaru said. "Let him go with you. It's fine." The American man rolled his eyes.

"Whatever," he muttered. Mike got up and walked to the door.

"Mike, wait!" she shouted. Her roommate turned his head. Hotaru raced down the hall. She came back with her wallet.

"Here," the loli demon said. Hotaru handed him the money.

"This should be enough," she said. Mike stuffed the yen in his pocket.

"So what am I getting?" he asked. "Soda? Booze? Juice?"

"Get it all," the loli demon said.

"All right," Mike said. He headed out the door.

"Hey, wait up!" Tai yelled. He jogged to catch up to the demon.

The men didn't speak as they walked. People were still looking for a party to crash. Mike turned to his companion.

"You seeing anyone?" he asked. Tai glanced up.

"Excuse me?" he asked.

"No, no," the American demon said. "I want to pick your brain for something."

"For what?"

"I might have…" Mike paused and shook his head. "No. I definitely hurt her. Yeah."

"In what way?"

"All ways. Last month, I…" He motioned his hands in a choking motion.

Tai raised his eyebrow. "It wasn't consensual, was it?"

"No."

"Yikes."

"Yeah."

"Why would you do that?"

Mike sighed and shook his head. "I don't know. It just happened. I was in a dark place." The men stopped at the cross light Taichi turned to him.

"So… What do you want?" he asked. Mike shrugged.

"I don't know," he said. "I apologized but I don't think it's enough."

"Do you want her back?"

"Yes, but…"

"But?"

The light changed to walk. The men headed to the 7-11 a few blocks away. Mike sighed.

"I don't think it will be possible," he admitted. Tai shrugged.

"I don't know what to tell you," he said. "What does she want?"

"I don't know," Mike said. "I can barely speak to her."

"Well, ask her what she wants," the other man said. "Then honor it. But don't push her. You'll drive her away further. Let her be in control."

"Just like that?" the demon asked.

"Just like that," Tai said. Mike thought about that for a minute before nodding.

"I guess that could work," he said. The boys arrived at the 7-11. Moments later, they came out with bags and cases of drinks.
Sign up to rate and review this story