Categories > Original > Romance > Formula One Scenarios

Cheating [Charles Leclerc]

by Phantomizer77 0 reviews

Charles goes in for a kiss, after months of contemplation.

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2019-12-09 - 1194 words

0Unrated
Charles and Alaine watched a replay of the Red Bull driver talking in a press conference. Unhappily, both of their gazes were fixated on the screen monitor before them.



Watching the Dutchman say, “that’s what happens when you stop cheating, of course. But yeah, they had a good look at it. So now we have to keep a close eye on it, of course.”



Sky Sports reporter Rosanna Tennant turned her attention from screen monitor to the two Ferrari drivers. Charles and Alaine looked at each other in disbelief from what they’d just seen.



“What comments do you have about the cheating allegations proposed by Max Verstappen?” Rosanna Tennant asked tilting the microphone between the two.



Charles interjected first unable to keep his cool, “I think it is a joke to be completely honest. He has no clue. He is not on the team. We know exactly what we are doing. I don't know why he is speaking. He doesn't know anything about us.” The quicker he talked the more his Monégasque accent stumbled out, making his statements short but clear.



Alaine gripped the microphone taking it from Rosanna’s hand, she pursed her lips for a moment. She opened her mouth to speak looking over to the Sky Sports reporter, Charles and back at the camera.



“I think Max better put his money where his fucking mouth is. He knows better than anyone how closely we drivers work with our engineers. I am no cheater, Charles is no cheater and Scuderia Ferrari is certainly no cheater either. Max you’re 22 years old and you’re still playing these games, grow the fuck up.”



The words dripped off her tongue like poison. Sky Sports reporter Rosanna Tennant was taken aback. Each time they conducted an interview, win or lose, Alaine always maintained her composure. The Alaine they knew was mild-mannered, never did they think they’d hear words of that stature be uttered from her. Charles was quite surprised as well, but her reaction was justifiable.



“Not only have you insulted me, but you have insulted the entire Ferrari team all over the world. You know how hard those men and women work on each team, discrediting them? It’s such an awful thing to say. I could fire back and insult you, your team, your engineers, your car, and make allegations again you. But I won't, I refuse to lower myself to that leveI, I don't pull that kind of crap.”



Saying she was just upset was a huge understatement, she couldn’t let her team’s name be smeared like that. She couldn’t have cared less if she came off as a bitch on international television. She sighed aloud disheartened for what she chose to say next.



“Our relationship is tarnished yet again because you couldn't keep it to yourself. Weren't you ever taught if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all? It's a shame really, just when the exchange between us was finally healing for the better...”



Preserving good relationships with other drivers was crucial, who was there to support you when your family, friends and team could not? She took a deep breath, regaining the calm composure she was known for, especially at her young age.



“The saying goes, Ferrari is innocent until proven guilty. I would bet my entire career on Ferrari, there never has and never will be any cheating. There is absolutely no evidence whatsoever.”



Alaine handed the microphone back to Sky Sports’ Rosanna Tennant, adding a slight wave at the end before hooking her arm with Charles’ urging him off with her. Maneuvering their way back to the Ferrari’s hospitality suite. Many other motorsport reporters began hounding them as they briskly walked by.



“Alaine! Any comments to Max Verstappen’s allegations?”



“Charles! What do you think about Max’s comment?”



“Do you have anything to address about Ferrari cheating?”



She stopped walking letting go of his arm and turned around to face them, letting the microphones get close within talking distance.



“Check out my interview with Rosanna Tennant with Sky Sports, I said everything I needed to say with her. Tacting this on at the end, I can tell you I have zero regrets about what I said. Thanks guys.” She said, briefly ending the interview with the other reporters.



Alaine turned around like before, with Charles retreating back to the Ferrari’s hospitality suite. Photographers followed them all the way back to the hospitality suite, camera flashes bombarded them left and right. Flashing their passes, they slipped in to their safe haven and off to their own rooms.



Alaine sat down on her room’s small couch catching her breath, reflecting what she had said. She heard a knock to her room, her attention came back down to earth and out of her own world.



“Come in!” She called.



Charles opened the door a crack, “hope I am not intruding…”



“Nah, come on in and shut the door,” she said waving him over.



He closed the door behind him and took a seat right next to her on the tiny couch, shoulder to shoulder. He let out a big sigh, “this drama will blow over… FIA will still have to investigate those claims.”



“I assumed so… but that’s a serious allegation Charles, this isn’t the spotlight Ferrari needed right now…”



Silence passed between the pair before it broke.



“You know Charles while you were talking earlier, your cute accent was slipping into all of your words.” Alaine chuckled trying to lighten the mood.



He turned his head towards her, “well what about you? I’ve never heard you talk like that before, let alone live television,” he countered adding an amused smile.



She shrugged her shoulders, that were brushing up against his. “What can I say mon ami ? I’m American, y’know I like to tell it how it is.” Joking at the stereotype about Americans having no class.



She turned her head towards him forgetting how close they actually were. Her hazel brown eyes met his central heterochromia eyes, a brilliant blue that morphed into a honey brown.



It had only been a few months since Giada and Charles had broken up their almost four year relationship. But with each growing day the more time the two driver partners spent together, the more feelings he felt. Tucking them away in fear of ruining his own previous relationship, to him she became nothing more than a fleeting fictional lover.



Today, this moment, could be different from any one other than before. The tempting thoughts that danced in his head were no longer harnessed, so he went for it.



Cupping her cheeks, seeing her doe eyes grow wide, he leaned in letting their noses rub against each other. He watched as her eyelashes flutter close, waiting just for him. Lips touching, brushing against each other but not fully pressed together. The words he spoke from his lips buzzed against her own.



Breaking into a charming smile, Charles murmured “I really think you should replace mon ami with mon chér, ma chéri. ”
Sign up to rate and review this story