Categories > Movies > Star Wars > The Light

Mine

by BrattyLilCritter 0 reviews

Ben and Rey confess their feelings

Category: Star Wars - Rating: G - Genres: Romance,Sci-fi - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2020-01-15 - 548 words

0Unrated
I knew I could be whole
If you were mine


~Rey’s POV~

I reluctantly broke away from the kiss. As much as I loved the feeling of his lips on mine, I needed to tell him how I felt. I heard a small whimper escape from him as I broke the kiss. I wanted to keep kissing him too, but I needed to tell him before anything else happened. Before I got my hopes up that things would progress. I needed to know how he felt, and I needed him to know how I felt. I pulled away and cupped his face in my hands. I looked into his eyes. “Ben. There is something I need to say. I cannot keep it bottled up any longer.” I hoped he felt the same. Kriff, things would be awkward and difficult if he didn’t. I made sure he was paying attention, and looking at me before I finally spoke. “Ben...I love you...I think I always have. From the moment you first offered your hand.” Maybe even before that. I felt him pull me close again as his lips crashed upon mine once again. He didn’t say anything, but the kiss alone was enough to tell me he felt the same. I practically melted in his arms, reveling in the feeling of him. As much as I wanted to hear him say it, this would suffice for now.

~Ben’s POV~

“Ben...I love you...I think I always have. From the moment you first offered your hand.” Relief washed over me. And joy. I pulled her close again, kissing her more passionately than ever before. Force, how I loved this woman. I think I always had as well. From that moment when we first met in the forest on Takodana. I may not have realized it then, but I loved her from that first moment. Maybe because we were equally matched, in many aspects. I didn’t care as to why we fell; I just knew I couldn’t live without her anymore.

I finally pulled away from the kiss, still holding her tightly. I looked into her eyes and smiled. “And I love you, Rey. “She smiled back at me, caressing my face with her hand. It was then that I remembered something she had said to me in the ruins of the second death star. “I did want to take your hand. Ben’s hand.” I smiled at her again. “Did you mean what you said back on the Death Star?”. She looked confused for a moment. I released my hold on her and stepped back. Her confusion seemed to deepen, until I offered her my hand once more. It had a different meaning this time. I wanted her not as a ruler by my side, but as the woman I would spend the rest of my life with. I wanted her as my bride. “Marry me?”, I said hopefully. She reached out, without hesitation, placing her hand in mine and pulling me back into her arms. She smiled up at me and pulled my lips down to hers once more. I smiled into the kiss. “Is that a yes?”. She nodded and smiled. “Yes, Ben. I will be yours. I already am.”
Sign up to rate and review this story