Categories > Movies > Marvel Cinematic Universe

Ridiculous Romances: Steve and Peter

by captainmurica 0 reviews

I'm sorry, guys.

Category: Marvel Cinematic Universe - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Published: 2020-03-09 - 4032 words - Complete

0Unrated


“We love because it is the only true adventure.”

The Amazing Spiderman, aka Peter Parker, gulped and wiped his hands on his tux. As he approached the altar, he realized who the preacher was. “H...hawkeye?” he asked. Hawkeye glanced up at him and then returned his attention to his papers. Someone from one of the pews poked him and he realized he’d stopped walking. “Come on, Peter!” a voice hissed. He looked down and saw Natasha Romanov glaring at him. “Yeah, Peter, you got this.” Stark encouraged, leaning over from a different pew and giving him a reassuring smile. Thor chuckled. “You mortals have the strangest ceremonies.” he boomed. Steven Strange made shooing motions with his hands as soon as Peter opened his mouth, so he closed it and continued walking.. As he walked, he recognized more and more people. Bruce Banner was his best man. T’Challa was standing beside his… actually, he couldn’t tell who he was marrying. He tried to squint at who-ever-it-was, but even as he drew closer, the face remained blurred. He finally got to the stage. Hawkeye began reciting the vows and panic began to grip Peter. He still couldn’t tell who he was marrying, even the voice seemed...smeared? He wanted to tell everybody to stop, to call it off, but all he could say was “I do.” “You may now kiss the…” Hawkeye finished, his voice trailing off on the last word. Oh well., Peter thought. Maybe it won’t be so bad. As he leaned closer, closer, Peter closed his eyes, and finally their lips touched. But then Peter’s eyes snapped open and his groom’s did too. He found himself staring deep into the eyes of… Captain America. They both screamed and then he...woke up.
Peter sat up his bed, clutching his blankets to his bare chest, still screaming. “Holy shit!” Cap screamed from the doorway in alarm, raising his shield in defense mode. Peter stopped screaming and Cap lowered his shield. “What are you doing screaming like that?” Cap demanded. “What are you doing in my room?” Peter cried. Cap’s face hardened. “We have a situation with H.Y.D.R.A. I need your as-” “Language!” Peter mock-scolded. Cap rolled his eyes. “I need your butt out here in five minutes, tops.” Cap started to close the door, but Peter called out “Wait, Cap…” Cap paused. “Yes, Parker?” Peter hesitated as Cap’s eyes drilled deep into his. Did he detect concern in them? No, it was just the weird dream, he decided. “Um...nevermind.” Peter muttered. “Alright, soldier, just pick up the pace.” Cap said, but then paused. “And remember, you can tell me anything. I’m from World War II, I’ve seen worse than a teenage boy’s secrets.” “Yes, sir.” Peter said, and leapt out of bed, sticking to the ceiling. Cap closed the door and Peter Parker became Spiderman.
As Peter slung his way across Times Square with a giant gorilla close on his tail, he internally sighed. Why did he always have to be bait? It was getting ridiculous. He shot upwards, gaining height until he was level with the ape’s face, about 200 feet above the ground. “Hey, King Kong!” he shouted. “Over here!” The primate hooted and launched itself towards him. Peter jumped and clicked his web shooters...and clicked again. Then he realized. He was out of web fluid, plummeting through the air, 200 feet above Times Square. “Uh...Tony? We have a problem.” Spiderman called into the comm link. “Hang on, Spidey.” Tony called tensely, but he was in a different area. Even with his super suit, he would never make it in time. “Please...anyone!” he called. “Natasha? Hawkeye?” He was only about 10 feet from the ground and he closed his eyes and braced for impact. Suddenly, though, he heard “I got him.” and felt a pair of strong arms around him. As Captain America hit the ground, Spiderman looked into his eyes. They locked with his, and what Spiderman saw there took his breath away. They remained like that, holding eyes, Captain America still with Spiderman in his arms, until Iron Man coughed awkwardly behind them. “Okay, I don’t know what’s happening, but we’re going to need to continue fighting. H.Y.D.R.A isn’t going to stop just so you guys want to stare into each other's eyes.” Cap dropped Spiderman and a deep blush spread across both of their cheeks. Stark gave Spiderman an odd glance,dropped his helmet into place, and took off, firing repulsor rays at the giant simian. “Uh, thanks.” Spiderman muttered, ruffling his hair. “No problem, soldier.” Cap said, looking away. Then he leapt back into battle. Peter pulled out an emergency web refill and set off again, tangling his web against the creature’s feet until it fell. Captain America then hit it over the head with his shield and it fell unconscious with a last growl. As the team settled around and grouped around them, Cap strode over and clapped a hand on Spiderman’s shoulder, almost knocking him over. “Good work back there, Parker.” he said gruffly. “Oh, congratulations, you’ve been upgraded from soldier to Parker.” Black Widow remarked, her eyes flicking between them with...amused suspicion? “Thanks.” Spiderman said. “Thanks again for saving me back there. I would’ve been Spiderpancake if it weren’t for you!” Cap laughed awkwardly. “Don't mention it.” he said, his eyes flicking sideways to Spiderman’s and then away again. They both turned away quickly and Spiderman said loudly “Uh...thanks to you guys too for helping to take down Donkey Kong there. What’s his deal anyway?” Banner gave him a strange look but began his explanation.
At about 12:00 A.M., back at the Avengers’ tower, Peter Parker was still awake. He’d rolled over thirty-eight times, counted five hundred twenty-two sheep, and even got a glass of milk from the Avengers’ refrigerator. Nothing was working. All he could think about was the emotion in Cap’s eyes. Had he just imagined it? He sighed and rolled over for the thirty-ninth time. Little did he know, down the hall, Steve Rogers was having the exact thoughts about him.
The next day, a Saturday, the Avengers were on the roof, drinking (except Peter, of course) when an alert sounded. Tony sighed and answered “What’s wrong now?” “I’m glad you sound so excited.”, Fury said. “We’ve got a couple of hometown rogue superheroes that have gone to the dark side. We just need you to imprison them until we decide what to do.” “On a Saturday?” Tony complained. “Evil is always afoot, Tony.” Fury said, and then signed off. “Evil is always a butt, more like.” Peter muttered, but they all trudged back inside to suit up.
A little while later, they were on their way to a tiny town in Vermont. Spiderman shivered, but then the microwarmers in his suit kicked in and he warmed up. Iron Man glanced over at him. “Put your mask on, Spidey. When we get higher the altitude is going to make it hard to breathe, but I altered the microfibers in the mask so it automatically senses how much air you have, how much you…” “Yeah, yeah, I got it, Stark.” Peter laughed. “We’re over our target.” the pilot’s voice announced from the cockpit. “Alright, everybody.”, Cap said. “Don’t die.” “Planning not to!” Banner called over the roaring wind. The door slid open and Cap stood silhouetted by the sky. Spiderman gazed at his star-spangled back and strong arms and felt a twinge of anxiety. What if Cap died in this battle? Then he corrected himself. What if anyone died in this battle? He walked over to Cap and muttered “Uh, Cap? The not-dying thing? It...applies to you too.” Then he tried to smile at Cap. Cap looked over at him and smiled too. “Don’t worry.”, Cap reassured Spiderman. “I won’t let you down.” Then he slung his shield onto his arm and put on a parachute pack. He gave Spiderman an encouraging smile and jumped out. Iron Man came to the door, gave a mock salute, and backflipped out. “God, Tony is so extra.” the Black Widow muttered as she put on her own parachute pack and jumped out. Bruce just jumped straight out, turning green as his shirt ripped. He let out a massive roar as he fell. “You first, Parker.” Hawkeye motioned. “Thanks.” Spiderman said, then jumped, his suit’s six legs swarming out behind him dramatically. He plummeted through the clouds, arms and legs outstretched. He shot out web and landed on someone’s roof in the swirling snowflakes. From there he leapt to the street and joined the rest of the team in the ankle-deep and rapidly rising snow. Cap shivered. “You all may have microwarmers in your suit, but remember: I don’t.” “Don’t worry.”, the Black Widow said slyly. “I’m sure Spidey’ll keep you warm.” Cap and Spiderman both glowered at her. “And what exactly do you mean by that?” Cap growled. “Oh, nothing.” Black Widow said, her eyes sparkling. Cap harrumphed and stomped off down one of the side streets. “Focus on the problem, Romanov.” Then Spiderman realized he could hear screams and crashes coming from down the street Cap had set out on, but the snow was getting too deep to make much headway on the ground. Hawkeye set out after Cap, but was having the same problems. Iron Man’s suit’s eyes glowed with power as he boosted it. “I’ll take Hawkeye.”, he said, swooping down and grabbing Hawkeye under the arms. “And Black Widow, you got yourself?” “Yeah.” the Black Widow said, running lightly across the top of the snow. Cap tried to as well, but he was too deep in the snow and too heavy to step on top. Peter sighed mock-wearily. “I guess I’ll have to take you, Cap.” “No.” Cap grunted, still trying to shove his way through the snow. Peter rolled his eyes, used his spider-strength to grab Cap under the arms and lift him. He shot out web and swung forward, carrying Cap in front of himself. “Oh my…” Cap screamed, and Spiderman was very glad he could not hear Cap’s obscenities over the howling wind. He felt Cap’s heartbeat accelerate through their suits. Finally, he dropped Cap into a snowbank and touched down lightly beside him, grinning. Cap shook his way out of the snow and glared at Spiderman. “And if I didn’t have enough reason to hate ice already…” he growled. Spiderman just smiled wider and flung himself into battle. There were two rebels, one female in silver and blue that seemed to be controlling the wind and one male in red and gold that had fire abilities. Fortunately, he had melted most of the snow in the town square, so they clambered out of the snow and onto the cobblestones gratefully. Unfortunately, they had attracted the attention of the fire man. He charged towards them, both hands blazing. Cap threw up his shield just in time, shielding both of them from the stream of flames directed at them. Then he pushed forward until he was only a few feet away from the fire guy. Then, lightning fast, Cap uppercut under his shield into the guy’s stomach. His breath whooshed out and his fire flickered. Spiderman bound his wrists with spider web and Captain America knocked him out. He put a hand to his ear. “Package one is ready for extraction.” he muttered into the mouthpiece. Then he turned to Spiderman and held up his hand for a high-five. Spiderman slapped his hand, but then when they started to pull away, suddenly his fingers closed around Cap’s. Cap started, but then closed his fingers around Spiderman’s too. They stood like that for a dozen seconds, hidden in the shadows. Then they mutually tried to pull away, but something held them together. Spiderman realized it was his glue. “Let go!” Cap hissed quietly. “I-i can’t.” Spiderman said, starting to panic. Were his abilities acting up? That hadn’t happened in years! But here he was, stuck to Captain America’s hand. What would the team say? That thought, as much as anything else, made him panic more and his glue more sticky. Cap sighed “You've got to be shitting me.” he cussed quietly. Then he poked Spiderman until he looked at Cap. “That’s right, look right here.” Cap said. “Now look at my eyes until you calm down. Don’t think about anything else. Just breathe deep and focus on me.” Spiderman stared at him and tried to even out his breathing. He looked into Cap’s eyes. Blue-green, steady, calm. He felt his grip relax, but then he remembered their situation and his grip tightened again. “Hey.”, Cap said, putting his free hand on Spiderman’s shoulder. “You got this, just cool off.” Spiderman closed his eyes and focused on their touch. Slowly, slowly, their hands separated. Finally, Spiderman’s hand dropped to his side. He opened his eyes again. Cap patted his shoulder. “There you go, Parker.” he said in a choked voice. His shoulders started shaking and he dropped his face into his hands. Spiderman was alarmed, to say the least. “Uh...Cap? You good?” Spiderman asked nervously. Then Cap raised his face and Spiderman realized he was laughing. “That...was...hilarious!” Cap laughed. Spiderman groaned. “Oh God, Cap, I’m really sorry.” he muttered. Cap just laughed harder. Spiderman sighed and leapt back into the fray. The wind girl was giving the Avengers quite a bit of trouble. Every time anything came near her, even Iron Man’s repulsor rays, she opened her mouth and blew them away. Cap walked up next to Spiderman, still chuckling, and absorbed the situation in one glance. They shared a look and laughed. They were on the exact same page. Spiderman snuck up behind her and shot out web, covering her mouth and then wrapping it around her. He reeled her in like a fish and Captain America took her out with a swift left hook. “Why is it that you always get to do the cool stuff and I just spend my time knocking people out?” he griped at Spiderman. “Just ‘cause I am cooler.” Spiderman teased, nudging Cap. Cap laughed. “In your dreams, maybe.” They could have gone on bantering forever, but soon the others trudged up to them through the ever-swirling snow. “Good work, guys.” Iron Man said, clapping Cap on the shoulder. A helicopter landed in the square, spraying snow everywhere. Two S.H.I.E.L.D. agents exited the helicopter, tranqed the two rebels, and hauled them onto the helicopter. The team flew/swung back to where the jet had landed. They boarded and were soon on their way back to New York.
The next day, as Peter, having just woken up and still with morning breath and bed hair, was grabbing milk for his cereal, Tony walked in. “Oh hey, Peter, I was wondering where I’d find you.” Tony said, taking a seat across from him. “Were you looking for me?” Peter asked. “Yeah, actually.” Tony said, leaning back. “I wanted to talk to you.” “About what?” Peter yawned. “You and Steve.” Tony said. Peter’s mouth snapped shut. He tried to say something, made an undignified squeaking noise, and cleared his throat. “What do you mean?” he asked croakily. “You know what I mean.”, Tony said, staring at him. “I mean, it’s your life and all, but remember, you’re around sixteen and he’s...oh,about seventy-five. Don’t you think you’re a little young?” “What are you talking about?”, Peter exclaimed. “There is nothing going on between me and Steve.” Tony sighed. “Yeah, sure.” he muttered. In a sudden flash of anger, Peter stood up, knocking his chair over. “Listen, you’re right! It’s my life and I’m going to do whatever the heck I want with it. Lay offa me!” He stalked out of the room and then, as an afterthought, stuck his head back in. “I still don’t know what you’re talking about.” he said, and then walked back to his room.
A couple hours later, as he sat in his room, his stomach growled. Dang, he thought, I should’ve eaten the cereal before storming out. He tried to walk back into the kitchen, but the door was closed and Tony and Steve were both in there and he didn’t feel like having another argument with Tony, especially not with Steve. Not that he liked Steve. He put his back to the wall, sat down, pulled out his phone, and started checking Instagram, when he started hearing snatches of their conversation. “Steve, stop...Peter.” he thought he heard Tony say. Peter shook his head. He was just imagining it. ‘I don’t know...talking about, Tony.” Steve said. Peter gave up on Instagram and started trying to listen. Unfortunately for him, the walls were made to be soundproof, and even with his spider-senses he only caught part of what they were saying. “You sound...Peter.” Tony continued. “Shut…” Steve said dangerously. “Just...careful...so older...Peter.” “Shut the...up, Tony.” “I’m...saying, don’t mess...his head.” “I said, SHUT UP.” Peter heard, and then what sounded like a glass shattering. He heard footsteps in his direction, so he quickly pulled out his phone again and went back to his Instagram. Steve burst through the door, slamming it behind him. “Son of a…” he growled, and then noticed Peter. He started and then blanched. “Peter? How long have you been sitting there? Did you...hear anything?” he said nervously. “What do you mean?” Peter asked, pretending to look up from his phone. Steve’s eyes flickered sideways. “Tony and I...we, uh, we had a little disagreement. Nothing to worry about.” Peter shrugged. “Nah, I don’t think so. These walls are pretty thick.” Steve’s shoulders sagged as the tension left his body. “Good.”, he said, then looked curiously at Peter. “So what are you doing out here?” “Oh...you know.” Peter stalled. “Just sitting outside the kitchen like a normal arachno-human being.” Steve raised an eyebrow. Peter sighed. “I...also got into an argument with Tony. I was waiting for him to leave before I got food.” Steve laughed, but just then, the door opened and Tony walked out. His eyes narrowed as he walked past. “Remember what I said.” he muttered. “Shut up, Stark!” they yelled together, then looked at each other and cracked up. Tony sighed from down the hall, projecting the noise a surprising distance. “Just go into your room.” Steve yelled. “Don’t worry, we’ll still be able to feel your disapproval, even when you’re in your room.” They laughed as Tony stomped into his room and slammed the door. Peter stood up, brushing himself off, even though there was never any dirt in the Avengers’ tower, because...Tony. “I guess I should go get food now.” Peter muttered. “Uh, yeah.” Steve said. “Uh, about food, you wanna go get some...shawarma with me sometime like...tomorrow, at lunch?” “Yeah!” Peter said loudly, then cleared his throat and said again. “I mean, yeah, I’d like that a lot.” Steve smiled at him and he grinned back. As Peter walked into the kitchen, he felt like he was floating.
Tomorrow, half an hour before his...meeting, Peter was still deciding what to wear. He still didn’t know whether it was casual or formal. Five minutes before, he finally decided on wearing khakis and a white T-shirt, but throwing a hoodie on top. He walked out of the building still fretting about his choices. As he shielded his eyes against the bright sunlight, he wished he had his spider-suit. He suddenly realized that, knowing the Avengers, he would need it, so he sprinted back up, grabbed it, threw it in a bag, and hoofed it over to the shawarma restaurant. When he got there, he saw Steve sitting at a nearby table. He sat down in the opposite chair, still breathing hard. “Sorry.”, he panted. “I realized I forgot something and it's so hard going anywhere without, ya know.” he said, motioning the web-shooting. Steve laughed. “I know what you mean.”, he said. “I always forget people aren’t as fast as me and it alarms people to see a twenty-something darting down the streets at a high speed.” Peter shook his head and grinned. “How many police calls have you racked up?” “Oh, about twenty-one.” Steve chuckled. They shared a look of mutual amusement and then the waitress walked up to their table. “What can I get you today?” she chirped. Peter stalled. “Uh, I’ll have whatever he’s having.” Steve paused. “I’ll have the chicken shawarma.” “Two chicken shawarmas.”, the waitress repeated. “Anything to drink?” “I’ll have a Sprite.” Peter said. “And I’ll have a Guiness.” Steve added. “Okay.”, the waiter said, finishing her notes. “I’ll have that out in a minute.” She left and Peter and Steve resumed their conversation. They chatted mostly about inconsequential things; when you regularly deal with saving the world, you tend to like to talk about more trivial things. Their food came and they finished it in about two seconds flat. Too soon, it felt, the check came. Steve looked at the amount and grimaced. “I always forget how expensive these things are.,” he explained. Peter fumbled in his bag. “I think I have a twenty in here somewhere.” he muttered. Steve saw the webbed red of his Spiderman suit in the bag and smiled. “You did the same as me.” he laughed, gesturing towards his own bag that Peter hadn’t noticed. Peter finally found the crumpled twenty and put it on the check. “There,” he said. “Aw, come on.”, Steve wheedled. “I should pay for it.” “No way, it’s my treat.” Peter said firmly. “Alright.”, Steve said. “But I’m paying for the next one. If there is a next one.” Peter locked eyes with him and said “There will be a next one.” Suddenly, the door jingled violently and Thor rushed in. “Steve! Peter!” he bellowed; Steve and Peter winced and leaned back. “We require your service.” Thor yelled. Steve and Peter glanced at their bags and then amusedly at each other. “Alright, Thor, we’re coming.” Steve said.
When they finally returned home that night after a normal day of saving the world, Steve knocked on Peter’s door. Peter opened it, still with a toothbrush in his mouth, and then took it out when he realized it was Steve. “Oh, hey.”, he greeted. “Uh, hey.” Steve mumbled. “I-uh, I just wanted to say I really enjoyed today and that...maybe we should do it again sometime?” “Yeah.”, Peter said. “Maybe like next Sunday? Make it a regular thing?” Steve smiled. “Yeah.”, he said. “Yeah, I think I’d like that.”
Two years later, Steve and Peter sat beneath a tree in a scenic park, holding hands, watching the sun set. Steve turned to Peter suddenly. “Thank you so much.” he said, tears in his eyes. “For what?” Peter asked, puzzled. “For everything.”, Steve said. “For saving me, for helping me, for going on an awkward first date with me. I really like having you around. You’re funny, you’re smart, you’re kind, and I guess what I’m trying to say is-” here Steve got down on one knee “-is Peter, will you marry me?” Peter’s eyes filled with tears. “Yes, Steve. Yes, I will.” Steve stood up and they kissed, tears running down both of their faces. Steve leaned back and said in a choked voice, “I could do this all day.” Then they kissed again, silhouetted by the dying sun.
Sign up to rate and review this story